Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el Vo'Rintel

The hustle and bustle of being amongst the crowds filling the streets was a thrilling experience but not something that he took to with ease. Nor was it something he believed he would get used to anytime soon. The initial feeling of being overwhelmed that he had felt upon his first arrival to the city was mostly gone. But coming from a tranquil forest to the crowded city streets is not an easily made transition and the constant stares that he receives from the passing people do not help with the experience.

The young faun can't help but feel a bit more relieved as he enters Lord Roland's shelter. Lo'el follows closely behind the brown-clothed man as he leads him through the building, his hooves making a rather distinct sound that no doubt causes a few heads to turn as he walks through the impressive looking structure.

When they come to a stop one floor above, he places his belongings next to a nearby bench and gives a smile and a nod to the man as he takes his hurried leave from the hallway. He smiles broadly as he turns to the others that now wait with him, tail swaying gleefully behind him. He skips back and forth on his hooves, ready and eager to see the young lord and whatever task he has set for him. It all has such a surreal feeling to it. 'The starting of a truly amazing story perhaps.' he thinks optimistically to himself

"Hello" he says simply, grin still etched into his face. "I don't believe I have been blessed to meet all of you yet. I am Lo'el Vo'Rintel. It is a great blessing to be in your company this day."

pre:
Lo’el Vo’Rintel
Race: Faun

Attributes  [195]
ST     12  [20]  
DX     13  [60]
IQ     13  [60]
HT     13  [30]

HP    12 [2] 
Will  14 [5]
Per   14 [5]
FP    14 [3]      

Basic Lift  24
Basic Speed 7 [10]
Basic Move  7

Advantages   [70]
Acute Hearing 2                              [4]
Claws (Hooves)                               [3]
Striker - Horns (Crushing) (No Parry) 1d     [3]
Outdoorsman 2                                [20]
Voice                                        [10]
Fit                                          [5]
Perfect Balance                              [15]
Eidetic Memory                               [5]   
~Mystery~                                    [5]                            

Perks [2]
Fur (Lower body)    [1]
Weapon Bond (Spear) [1]

Disadvantages           [-35]
Pacifism (Cannot Harm Innocents) [-10]
Easy to Read                     [-10]
Social Stigma (Exotic Race)      [-5] 
Increased Consumption 1          [-10]
Truthfulness (12 or less)        [-5]

Quirks [-5]
Broad-Minded
Nosy
Intolerant of Satyrs Responsive
Ears droop, twitch or perk up depending on his emotional state. Tail sways when excited.

Skills                  [86]

Acrobatics DX+1                                          14 [4] +1 from Perfect Balance
Area Knowledge (Eastern Forests of the Empire) IQ+1      14 [2]
Brawling DX +1                                           14 [2]
Camouflage IQ+2                                          15 [1] +2 from Outdoorsman
Climbing DX+1                                            14 [2] +1 from Perfect Balance
Dancing DX+0                                             13 [2]
Diplomacy IQ+2                                           15 [4] +2 from Voice
Dreaming Will+0                                          14 [4]
Fast-Draw (Spear) DX+0                                   13 [1]
First Aid IQ+1                                           14 [2]
Fishing Per+2                                            16 [1] +2 from Outdoorsman
Hiking HT+0                                              13 [2]
Jumping DX+1                                             14 [2]
Literature IQ-1                                          12 [2]
Mimicry (Bird calls) IQ+2                                15 [1] +2 from Outdoorsman, +2 from Voice
Musical Instrument (Flute) IQ+0                          13 [4]
Naturalist IQ+1                                          14 [1] +2 from Outdoorsman
Navigation (Land) IQ+1                                   14 [1] +2 from Outdoorsman
Observation Per+0                                        14 [2]
Performance IQ+1                                         14 [1] +2 from Voice
Pharmacy (Herbal) IQ+0                                   13 [4]
Poetry IQ+0                                              13 [2]
Running HT+0                                             13 [2]
Search Per-1                                             13 [1]
Singing HT+2                                             15 [1] +2 from Voice
Sling DX+0                                               13 [4]
Spear DX+3                                               17 [12] +1 from Weapon Bond
Staff DX+1                                               14 [2]
Stealth DX+0                                             13 [2]
Survival (Woodlands) Per+2                               16 [2] +2 from Outdoorsman
Swimming HT+0                                            13 [1]
Throwing DX+0                                            13 [2]
Tracking Per+1                                           15 [1] +2 from Outdoorsman
Ventriloquism IQ-1                                       12 [2]
Wrestling DX+1                                           14 [4]
Writing IQ-1                                             12 [1]

CP Spent: 114
CP Free: 6

Equipment

1x Spear                                $40    4.lbs
-one-handed thrust  Dam:1d+1 imp  Reach:1*  Parry:0 
-two-handed thrust  Dam:1d+2 imp  Reach:1,2*  Parry:0 

1x Quarterstaff                         $10    4.lbs
-swing  Dam:1d+4 cr  Reach:1,2  Parry:+2   
-thrust  Dam:1d+1 cr  Reach:1,2  Parry:+2 

1x Sling                                $20   0.5/0.05.lbs
-LC:4  Dam:1d+2 pi  Acc:0  Range:72 / 120  
     RoF:1  Shots:1(2)  ST:6  Bulk:-4  Rcl:

1x Large Knife                          $40    1.lbs
-swing  Dam:1d cut  Reach:C,1  Parry:-1 
-thrust  Dam:1d-1 imp  Reach:C  Parry:-1  

1x Leather Armor, torso,groin DR2              $100  10.lbs
1x Heavy Leather Sleeves arms DR2              $50    2.lbs
1x Studded Leather Skirt, groin + legs DR 3/2* $62    4.lbs
1x Leather Gloves, hands DR 2*                 $36    0.lbs
1x Heavy Cloak, DB 2, DR1 HP 3                 $50    5.lbs

1x Backpack, Small                      $30    3.lbs
1x Blanket                              $20    4.lbs
1x Cord 3/16” (per 10 yards)            $1     0.5lbs
1x Personal Basics                      $5     1.lbs
1x Flute
1x Pouch                                $10    -.lbs
1x Whetstone                            $5     1.lbs
1x Wineskin                             $10    0.25 lbs
2x Journals                                    1.5lbs :'(
1x Writing equipment                           0.5lbs
1x Mortar and Pestle                           1.lbs
                                       Total : 34.75lbs

Free Cash: $311

A Velociraptor! fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

He represses the urge to chuckle at the man's mispronunciation of his name, covering it with his smile. The man would no doubt take offence and that would hardly be the best first impressions to make. Manners were to be remembered when meeting new faces after all.

"Your name sings to me Alec." he says, clasping his hands together as he says his greeting. "Forgive me, but I am unfamiliar with these terms you use. May I ask what a Waldgeist or Lore-master means to your people? You see, I have not been here long and, as such, I am still trying to understand certain cultures away from my herd."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

The faun nods along to Alec as he speaks. This man was unlike the other humans he had encountered so far and there would no doubt be much to learn from him. The man's talk of carving into bone makes his eyebrows raise slightly. Hopefully Alec had not received the wrong impression of him.

"Well, carving into wood and...bone as you say is not something that is done among the herd. Mostly we simply remember and pass on our stories and songs to one another. But with so many to hear among these walls, I feel as if I may soon need to start writing them down to keep track of them all." He allows himself to chuckle then as his tail begins to twitch slightly behind him.

"My people's origins trace back to the Age of Beasts and sadly I cannot tell you what wood spirit brought us amongst the other races of this world as no tale has survived within the herd since such a time. And I would agree that your title of Lore-master would best fit my intentions here. My desire to see and hear all I could is what brought me to this place after all. With that in mind, I would greatly like to hear of Cheruscisten and your people during our time here. Perhaps when I have obtained a journal to better document your songs and stories."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

He lowers his head in thought at Alec's words, running a hand through his hair and over the curved back horns that creep out from beneath it.
"Yes, you are right. Sometimes the quill must be put down to take up the spear, as a song once said to me."

The smile soon returns as the late arrival joins them. "The herd always wakes with the dawn, sometimes I wonder if i could sleep past it even if I wanted to." Soon remembering those much needed manners the elders had tried so hard to teach him, he joins his hands together as he introduces himself again. "You are Sir Mignolet? Forgive me, but talk amongst the people has brought your name to my ears. I am blessed to meet you this day."

A Velociraptor! fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 15, 2012

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

He returns Martin's bow with a far less impressive one of his own. "Forgive me again. I am Lo'el Vo'Rintel and, trust me, your reputation of generosity and kindness is a well deserved one. The speed at which word travels in this city is quite surprising to me. I would not be surprised to hear that half the city had heard of me before I even stepped into it."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

He introduces himself to the dwarf and elf as they enter, much in the same way he had with the human males. When the familiar female enters, he cannot help but match her beaming smile and make a mental note to search out the journal merchant when they were done here.

"And you as well Miss.Hirthal. I must say, I had hoped that our paths would cross again soon and I am pleased to see you with us. It seems to be quite a group assembled here, it makes me curious to discover what task the Lord has set out for us. Truly, I am uncertain as to why he called someone such as myself here today."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

"Giving your coin so that others may sing and dance their worries away is a trait I have not seen among many during my time here. In times such as these, the need for celebration is called for all the more I find." He smiles at Martin. "As I said before Sir; your reputation is well deserved."

He decides to take a seat on one of the exquisite benches, swooping his tail to his side as he sits to avoid sitting on the thing before stretching his legs out. He bounces slightly on the cushion beneath him. Cushions. Another item the herd didn't have that he was slowly getting used to. Perhaps he could take one back as a souvenir.

He looks back to Alec. "By 'dågons', I assume you mean the monsters? Well, I am not sure what part I can play in such a grand tale if that is the case, but I am willing to help in whatever way our host deems necessary."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

As the Captain walks off down the hallway, Lo'el looks to the others before sweeping up his belongings and hurrying after him. His tail begins to sway as he trots behind the group.

"Regardless of this test, if there are people's lives to save then we must help, yes?" What the others had said was true. These were dark times and he didn't plan to simply ignore them and bury his head. If he did not help now, then he suspected it would not be long before these troubles came to the forests of the herd. And besides, if there was anything better then telling a tale, it was being a part of one.

"I would imagine a good deal of time has passed since you spotted this trouble? In which case, there is no time to lose. I have all I could need. Let us hurry."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

He gives his equipment a once over as he trots along with the group. The spear and staff he gripped in his hands were strong and sturdy. He hadn't had a chance to test them since he had trained with them back at the herd, but no doubt they would last well enough in combat. Hopefully he would be able to hold up just as well and keep a level head through the coming fight. Checking his sling though, he suddenly remembers that he no longer has anything to fire from it.

"If there is time." he said, looking up to the Captain. "I could use some adequate stones for my sling. Sadly I used my last useful ones hunting food before I arrived here. And fighting from a range might very well be called for."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

His long, doe-like ears droop slightly as the lady elf speaks to him. He imagined that his words did sound quite foolish to these professionals when it came to combat. "Well, if I'm to be terribly honest, I've only ever had experience at taking down game and a few of the wilder beasts that roamed too close to the herd. I'm a good enough shot to hit my mark, but I'm afraid that I am not all too familiar with how to fight an armoured attacker. Having no other weapon to fire from a distance though, I assume it would be at least worth having some stones if our attackers should decide against wearing a helmet."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

"I shall take your advice to heart then my lady." he says genuinely. "After all, I am sure you have far more experience in these matters then I do. Perhaps I shall leave the sling for game hunting and invest some free time in the use of a bow. Also, when time permits, I would be blessed to hear tales of your exploits and share the songs of our people."

He admired the weapon in the fair elf's hands as they walked. Countless tales had filled him with awe of the deadly accuracy most elves could achieve with them, and soon he would be able to witness these skills first hand. His tail begins to sway all the more as he walks. Marching with such courageous people to defend the innocent from vicious bandits. He doubted anyone back in the herd would believe this.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

Along with many of the others, Lo'el leaves his pack, as well as his quarterstaff, in the safety of the guards. When the herd hunted, it was only with the weapons and armor needed to make the kill. He attempts to place one of the helmets over his head before placing it back on the rack, realising that he would need one custom-made to avoid it simple resting on his horns. He does, however, swap his jacket with one of the impressive looking breastplates. He had never been in a fight like this before and did not want to leave anything to chance.

He now sits huddled in the swaying carriage, not all too familiar or comfortable with this method of transportation. But they needed to be quick and he doubted his legs could match the wagon's speed. He begins transferring most of the stones from the bag into his own pouch as his ears pick out the various conversations around him.

"Rune magic?" he says, perking up at the dwarf. "I have read of it, but never thought I would be blessed enough to see it for myself. I am very much looking forward to witnessing your skills firsthand Mi- ahh, Dolan." He then intently nods along with Lette as Isit hands out combat advice. From her words and fierce gaze, he could tell that she knew fully well how to handle such tasks. Hopefully he would be able to remember her advice clearly and calmly when the battle began.

Ears twitching, he turns to look at Alec as he hears the man's chant. He stares at the man until he finishes, hanging off every unfamiliar word, before giving him a broad and warm smile.

Simply taking the Spear, Pouch and Sling along. Everything else (except armor) is left behind. Also swapping the Leather Jacket for a Steel Breastplate.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

"Dead!?" The shock is quite apparent on his face. If this was true then the centaur's words now made a lot more sense. But these details would have to be worried over later, for now there was nothing to do but fight. "Ambush or not, we still have no choice but to fight them off! Let's go!"

With that said, the faun makes his way through the wagon before jumping from the rear onto the road below, hooves making a dull *clomp* as he lands on the stone ground. He takes one last deep breath to calm his nerves before tightening the grip on his spear.

Moving out of the wagon to the hex SW of Martin's current posistion, then All out defence (dodge); watching their movement and any arrows.

Lo'el
ST-11, DX-12, IQ-12, HT-13
HP 12/12, FP 14/14, Will-12, Per-13, BS-6.5, BM-6
Acute Hearing (2)
Weapons: Spear-13 (readied & 2H), 1d+2 imp,thr +3; Sling-12, 1d+1 pi
Armor: DR 5 torso (front); DR 0 torso (rear)/groin/arms/legs/feet, DR 0 face/head
Active Defenses: Parry-9, Dodge-11 (preferred)

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

The shock of the sudden attack on the horses turns his face to one of abject horror. First innocent men and now the slaughtering of docile creatures. Was there no low that these horse-men would not stoop to?

He fixes his gaze on the spear-wielding savage ahead of him as he continues his steady advance, keeping his eyes sharp and reflexes ready for any stray arrows or feeing horses that might come near.

Second verse, same as the first. Moving north by three and then: All out defence (dodge)

Lo'el
Acute Hearing (2)
Armor: DR 5 torso (front); DR 0 torso (rear)/groin/arms/legs/feet, DR 0 face/head
Active Defences: Parry-9, Dodge-11 (preferred)

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

A smile briefly crosses his face as he sees the cart turn away from the chaos, happy to see that the horses might be able to avoid further harm. Miss Lette was full of surprises it seemed.

He decides to follow a few steps behind Martin as he sees the man push forward ahead of him. "Watch yourself" he says, with just a hint of nerves in his voice. "They seek to capture us, getting into close combat may be just what they want."

As he steps forward, he locks eyes with the closest centaur before calling out to him. "We are only the first of many! Reinforcements are coming to join us as we speak! I ask you to turn away now as we will not be taken without a fight. There is no need for further violence!"

Broken record; moving north by three and AoD (Dodge). Diplomacy -14 to C1 for what good it might do

Lo'el
Acute Hearing (2)

A Velociraptor! fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 18, 2012

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

"At least now they cannot say we did not give them a chance to end this peacefully, Miss Lette." he calls over his shoulder, trying to keep his eyes on the nearest centuar as Martin gracefully dodges it's attack. His breath then catches as he sees the attacker fumble his weapon. This was it. Even from his limited knowledge of combat, he could see Martin had given them a decent chance to attack and he did not want to waste it.

Dirt is kicked up by his hooves as he takes off at a faster pace towards the centaur, raising his spear high to strike it's chest before thrusting with all his strength.

Move and Attack. Moving just below C1 and thrusting with Spear 13 - 4 = 9

Lo'el
Acute Hearing (2)
Active Defences: Parry-9, Dodge-9 (preferred)

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

He grits his teeth as his spear catches nothing but air. He would never expect a centaur to be so spry. That was something they certainly left out of the stories. His ears catch the sound of flying arrows, and he turns just in time to watch with wide eyes as the arrows pierce into his companions. Thankfully they were still standing and the damage did not look too severe, but the sheer sight of it causes the unfamiliar feeling of sheer anger to course through his body.

Charging forward once more, he lines his spear up as adrenaline flows through him, ready for another strike at the fleeing centaur. This time, the centaur would not be so lucky. This time, the faun knew he would not miss.

Moving NE by 3 and All-out Attacking (Determined) to C1's chest. Just in range for a two-handed attack.

Lo'el
Acute Hearing (2)

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

There is no shout of joy or battle cry from the faun as his spear hits his target. By comparison to Alec, he's almost silent as the rush of battle overtakes him. Once more the centaur turns and flees, but at least he would be taking some scars with him this time. Perhaps if they could keep up the charge, their foes would soon decide that the wounds were not worth the risk and retreat.

"Understood." he says to Alec with a nod. "They certainly are good at running away." Then, with another fiercely determined charge, he lines up his spear and moves in to strike the closest of their attackers.

Moving 3 N then 2 NE for a Move and Attack to A1. Spear 13 - 4 = 9

Lo'el
Acute Hearing (2)

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

He screams in agony as the sword cuts deep, letting his arm hang limply by his side as he barely keeps hold of his spear with the other. The pain was unlike anything he had felt before and was far worse then he could possibly imagine. Staggering back, he berates himself for being so drat foolish as to charge in head first like some unbeatable hero. It was no wonder to him now why most of his kind never left the safety of the herd. Fauns were not made for conflicts such as this.

Dazed and beaten, he steps away from the conflict and begins to hope more then ever that this chaos ends before any more damage can be done to himself or his companions.

Stepping SW by 3 and AoD (Dodge).

Lo'el
HP 5/12, FP 14/14, Will-12, Per-13, BS-6.5, BM-6
Acute Hearing (2)
Weapons: Spear-13, 1d+2 imp,thr +3; Sling-12, 1d+1 pi

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

He tries to block out the untold pain he feels in his arm as blood begins to flow down to his fingertips. Watching Alec take a much more deadly blow and brushing it off as if it were nothing is all the courage and hope he needs in this moment to continue on. "Spirits bless you Alec. Will shall still sing songs of our victory here! This I promise!"

Fixing his gaze on the centaur before him, he finally lets loose his best battle cry as he thrusts his spear forward towards it's mark.

Attacking A4 and also using Mighty Blow at the cost of 1 FP.

Lo'el
HP 5/12, FP 14/14, Will-12, Per-13, BS-6.5, BM-6
Acute Hearing (2)
Weapons: Spear-13 (readied) 1h, 1d+1 imp,thr +3; Sling-12, 1d+1 pi

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

Their desperate attacks seemed to be paying off. The horse-men were finally retreating and not a moment too soon. Now they simply had to deny their attackers a prisoner to return home with. If they could manage that, then simply surviving the encounter may not come as such a hollow victory.

His ears pick out the sound of falling bodies over the centaurs yelling and he turns in time to see Dolan crash to the ground. The now bloodied and seemingly unconscious dwarf would stand no chance if their attackers decided to capture him or worse. With no time to think and only time to react, he strides over to the dwarf and digs his hooves into the ground beside him, readying his spear to meet any centaur that dared to come near them.

Moving to stand over Dolan and parrying any attacks that come with Feverish defense.

Lo'el
HP 5/12, FP 13/14, Will-12, Per-13, BS-6.5, BM-6
Acute Hearing (2)
Active Defences: Parry-11 (preferred) , Dodge-9

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

Even if blood wasn't pouring from his arm, Lo'el was certain that his face would still have drained itself of blood as he witnesses Alec take another lethal blow. The man from the north either carried a death wish or more courage then the young faun had ever witnessed in a single man before. "Alec! There is no longer a need to push them! Come back and see this day to it's end! I beg you!"

Taking his eyes from the chaos for a a brief moment, he looks down to Dolan, noticing his chest still rising and falling. That was good. Regardless of how much damage the dwarf had taken, he was still breathing. He was still alive.

He wants nothing more then to move forward and help those who were so bravely risking their lives. But the faun could not allow the risk of Dolan being taken if he were to leave him in his current state. Gritting his teeth and reaffirming his grip on the spear, Lo'el stands his ground.

Standing still and continuing to protect Dolan, using Feverish defense to parry any attacks.

Lo'el
Acute Hearing (2)
Active Defences: Parry-11 (preferred) , Dodge-9

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

With hooves planted firmly in the ground, the young faun darts his eyes back and forth between each encounter. His breath catches as his ears pick out each swing and thrust of a weapon. They just had to hold for a while longer and their attackers would retreat for good. They just had to.

Mustering what strength he has left in his voice, he opens his mouth and shouts to the line of attackers to the north, locking eyes on the one who was giving the orders before. "Centaur, call your men off now or you will lose more then your pride! I promise you that we would all fight to our last breath then be taken as a prize by the likes of you! Leave now and you will do so with your lives!"

Continuing to stand still and Diplomacy - 14.

Lo'el
Acute Hearing (2)
Active Defences: Parry-11 (preferred with feverish defense) , Dodge-9

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

"You have done more then enough, both of you." he says, giving a small smile to the two men before warily looking to the centaur that was breaking off from the group ahead. The others to the south of them were struggling enough without him allowing another attacker to join the chaos. "Can you watch Sir Dolan? I will see what I can do about this one."

He trots back onto the stone path, despite realising he has little chance against the attacker by himself. But he couldn't simply let the attacker pass him by. "You have a chance to turn back." he says, raising his spear to the coming centaur. "You can turn to leave now and we will do the same. If not, then I swear you will regret it." Foolish really. He had only known his companions a short while, yet he was fully prepared to do whatever he could to stop any further harm from coming to them. Sometimes the right moves always seemed the most foolish.

Moving SE by 6 and waiting. Still using feverish defense to dodge any attacks this round. Also, Diplomacy at 14 - 5 = 9, for the hell of it.

Lo'el
Acute Hearing (2)
Active Defences: Parry-9 , Dodge-11 (preferred with feverish defense)

A Velociraptor! fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 24, 2012

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

The faun watches the fleeing centaurs cautiously for a moment, his spear raised and ready to meet them if any decided to charge again. But they keep moving. Finally leaving the battlefield as beaten and bloody as they were.

He sighs deeply, letting out a breath he had forgotten he was holding. The urge to cheer and praise the fact that they had all survived the encounter is soon quelled by the intense pain in his own arm and the sight of so many wounded around him. Celebrations could wait for now.

Taking a few steps back, eyes still locked on the fleeing centaurs, he then turns as he comes back to the others. "I will see to Dolan." he says, dropping his spear to the ground before kneeling down by the dwarf. His moves his hands down to the arrow still stuck in Dolan's belly, pain still shooting through his own arm as he scans the area for something to stop the bleeding. "Let us hope the reinforcements from town come soon, my knowledge of wounds is limited at best."

Leaving the heroics for another day.

First Aid - 13
Pharmacy (Herbal) - 12

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

The sound of Alec hitting the ground is enough to make him jump as he finishes treating Dolan's wounds and his own arm. Scrambling over to the man, he lets out a sigh of relief as he finds the man still breathing, all be it, rather weakly. No time is wasted in seeing to the man's vicious wounds as the faun starts removing armor and bloody clothing alike in order to treat the cuts as best he can. "Rest easy Sir Alec. We shall be back in the safety of Noah before long."

Soon satisfied that he has done all he can, Lo'el stands up and calls over to Lette by the wagons. "Miss Lette. What do you see inside? Is the driver...is he really dead?"

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

"Empty? How is that..." He shakes his head, trying to clear away the haze. His mind still felt like it was moving a mile a minute from the battle. Deciding to put his gradually fading adrenaline to good use, he grabs his spear once more and moves over to the other wagon. "So this was an ambush for us?" he says, peeking cautiously into the rear of the wagon.

Per - 13 to check the other wagon.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

After casting a quick glance into the wagon, the faun then raises his voice back to Lette. "This one is empty too." He turns his head to move away. "I don't understand. Maybe-" The words fade from his mouth as his ears twitch and catch the faint sound of movement inside. "I think someone's still in here!"

He hauls himself up and inside of the wagon, keeping his spear low but ready to move if needed. "Is someone there? It's ok, we're here to help."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

He simply stands inside for a moment as the noise fades before falling down to rest on his knees. And then, taking a deep breath and holding it, he lowers his head to look underneath the benches.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

For as loud as the girl's scream is, Lo'el has no doubt that the sudden surprised yell of his own is just as loud. He catches himself suddenly, coughs, and adopts a more soft tone, smiling warmly. "It's alright. I'm not one of them and they're gone now. My name is Lo'el, my friends and I have come to help you."

Diplomacy - 14
Truthfulness
Easy to Read

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

He hops down from the wagon before the girl and comes to stand a few feet away from where she sits. The sight of his hooves obviously scared her so he decided to keep his distance for now. "Yes. Not to worry little one. You're safe now and we'll be sure to keep you that way." He keeps his smile warm as he starts to feel his tail sway gently behind him. "What's your name?"

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

"Kat." he says, leaning his spear next to the wagon and clasping his hands together. "Your name sings to me." The young girl certainly had been lucky. With the centaurs bulk, it would have been impossible for them to properly check the inside of the wagons for someone so small. He squats down for the girl to better see his face, but still keeps his distance for now. Soldiers. She must mean the horse-men. They had seemed rather military.

"They won't be coming back Kat. Some more guards from the city will be here soon and they will be sure to help you. Where were you and your mother coming from?" He decides to leave questions of what exactly happened to her mother and the other passengers for now, his ears drooping sadly as he begins to think of what the poor girl may have witnessed.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

"It's alright Kat." he says, following her gaze over to Dolan and Alec. "They are just...sleeping right now." When the girl mentions her mother, he simply lets out a small sigh as his tail falls sullenly behind him. The young faun was not good at talking to children at the best of times, let alone scared human girls who had just seen and heard things that even he was struggling to cope with. "Just be brave Kat." he says rising to stand once more. "We'll be sure to find your mother, I promise."

With that said, he gives Kat another warm smile before leaving her in the company of Lette. He decides it is best to have her in the company of another female of her own race at a time like this. He could only imagine what a strange sight he must be to the poor girl.

His ears twitch upwards again as he starts taking a few steps down the path to check on the guards. Looking up and seeing the first of the reinforcements coming into view, he raises his spear high above him to signal them. "Over here quickly!"

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

Leaving Martin and Isit to brief the captain, he trots back over to Dolan and Alec as they lay soundly by the side of the road. Thankfully their chests were still rising and falling. He sits down firmly on the hard packed dirt and lays his own beaten and wounded arm in his furry lap, grateful that the madness of the recent encounter was now behind them. A warm fire and a good song had never seemed more appealing then they did right now.

He soon stands again, ready and willing to help move the two unconscious men into one of the wagons bound back to the city.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

"Yes" The word has already left his mouth before he even realises that he's said it. He sheepishly glances to each of his companions in turn before smiling at them all. "I made a promise after all."

He swings his right arm back and forth again, still amazed by the effect of the elven mages healing. The sheer sensation as the pain had drained away as the wound had mended itself was beyond anything he could have hoped to experience. As amazing as it had been though, he hopes that he doesn't have to endure it again any time soon.
"I am no warrior or mage sir." he says, looking back to the mayor. "But I wont sit by idly as such atrocities take place around me. I would assist in whatever way I can to help track down these people."

The faun takes a seat, positioning his tail so that he can sit comfortably, before casting an eye around the mayor's room. He had said his piece and it now seemed right to leave talk of preparations and other important matters to those who had a far better handle on things then he did.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

He sits quietly in his chair for a while as his ears listen intently to the conversation around him. "Black Horde?" he says, perking up at Alec. "All this talk of gathering forces does sound troublesome and I fear I would be beyond useless if we were to be facing an army."

"I would imagine that I can track these centaur easily enough back to where they came from, provided we are blessed with no rain to wash their trail away in that time. I do agree that haste is called for to save these people, although I would like to rest and prepare before we set off. I fear that rushing in as we did today will only yield the same result, if not a far worse one."

He starts running a hand through his tail and the fur on his legs, dirt and dry blood coming away with each stroke. A wash would certainly be called for after this, lest these people start to think he is truly a wild beast.
"I would also like to personally take the task of documenting our story as we journey." he says, finally. "If any blank journals or parchment could be provided, then I would be most grateful. If not, I am sure there is a merchant nearby that can provide." Despite all the dire circumstances that now surrounded them, the chance to record such a tale in his own words is not one he is willing to brush aside.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

"Thank you" he says to Lette with a smile. "For all the time I have spent here, I fear I'm still as unfamiliar with this city as it is with me. Your help and company are most welcome, Miss Lette." He turns his attention to his arm again, prodding it gingerly as if expecting the wound to suddenly return. It certainly was remarkable. It was a shame that magic wasn't as common amongst the herd as it was out here.

"I'm sure the chance to rest and recover ourselves while we can would not go amiss before we start such a task. If we are to have more of these encounters, then perhaps I should see to a blacksmith for some armor to better suit my...physique." He lets out a small chuckle. "Preferably along the arms."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

"So this tool was powerful enough to drive off the armies of a god? Fascinating. And what happened ne-" The faun finds himself easily drawn into the northerner's tale, only snapping from it and stopping himself midsentence as he realises that satisfying his own curiosity might be getting them off-topic. He coughs and puts aside his tail that he hadn't noticed he was playing with as he turns in his seat to address the mayor.

"You're far too generous Sir, but thank you all the same. There seem to be many questions regarding these soldier's actions and motives. I can only hope that we can gather more information when we track them down." Tomorrow afternoon. Ample time for him to prepare, wash and relax until the time came to leave. And speaking of a wash.

"Sir." he says, standing and causing his hooves to make a distinct sound on the floor. "Is there somewhere nearby that I may go to wash? Only I fear the grime of battle is not something I am used to." He did not wish to appear rude, but he could not contribute much in talks of strategy or the ways of war. And, he felt he might start to scratch his fur off from the itch of dirt if he had to sit here for much longer.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

He balances awkwardly for a second as he scratches his lower left leg with his right hoof. "This storm does sound dangerous. I am more then happy to wait until tomorrow so that we can be sure we are ready for whatever we might face. No sense in rushing ahead right now. I hope we are all ok to wait until tomorrow afternoon?" A sudden memory rises of a phrase the elders so often scolded him with in his youth. "Haste leads to waste." he says, as if quoting from a book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

"Agreed." he replies to Alec before turning to the mayor. "I'd like to study these maps before we set off to gain some better knowledge of our destination, if that is alright sir? After this much needed wash of course."

• Locked thread