Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Dolan

"Either front and center or in the shadows to the side. Knowing the mayor, probably front and center," Dolan grumbles. He had not been particularly looking forward to this day, especially after their failure at the safehouse. Whatever plans the Eagles had would likely be unaffected by their attempt to intervene, meaning that the Eagles had the advantage of knowing that Dolan and his compatriots didn't somehow secretly have an edge on them. He doubted that changed anything, but it was still an unpleasant thought. "I suppose we should go to see him, then. We'll need to be briefed."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Dolan

Dolan watches the urchin girl disappear into the crowd, his face as expressionless as it had been throughout her speech. He had not interrupted her, not asked her the questions he wanted to ask her because he knew there would be no answers forthcoming, at least not anything more revealing than what he could guess himself. She worked much the way he did, it seemed, except with her advantage she could pull off some feats that would make any spy jealous. Nonetheless, there were some questions answered, and some direction; not much, but enough to begin. He kept an eye on Naantali's procession through the city, waiting for the inevitable ambush that never came. Apparently the Eagles had different plans. Probably something far worse.

He rounds the others up, quietly filling them in on the details around the back of the ruins of what must have been a workshop that had lain in ruins since the last attack, the sounds of the crowd outside making an almost palpable indent on the quieting field he had erected around them. "There's no telling exactly how long we'll have once we feel it. Most likely only a few minutes; I doubt they'd rely on anything slow, knowing that they'll be traced the instant they start." Of course, that also meant that they would be ready when they did begin. Always ready with the pleasant thoughts, Dolan was.

"In the meantime, we might want to look around. We don't have long, but we might be able to find something to indicate where they might be. Thoughts?"

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Dolan

"The entire process will be rather elaborate," Dolan says. "Extraction like this requires careful precision, not something that can be done by slitting throats of random people in a city square, not unless they learned more from the Spider than I can imagine. Unfortunately I still have no idea where to begin looking."

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Dolan

"That she's doing some hunting of her own, and doesn't work for those, and I quote, 'bird-brained past-worshipers.'"

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Dolan

So their guess had been correct; that was a good change of pace. What wasn't was the fact that they had stumbled right into what was clearly an arcane ritual designed to bring about the end of the world. Comparatively, he much preferred insane lightning wizards and cultists with torches. Or even centaurs. No, not centaurs. He would have to wait for Martin's report before making any firm plans, but as long as he has lived he has known that nothing makes a ritual harder to complete than getting hit by a shitload of giant loving rocks. Iklist, I may need your help shortly, and I can't guarantee our survival. Are you ready?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Dolan

"Good work," Dolan mutters as he feels the illusion fall. What he feels immediately after is, of course, not the most pleasant sensation, but he never expected it to be. It was familiar stuff, vaguely, but far less focused than what he'd been subject to, and far more powerful and pure. Whatever specifics they had in mind for that amount of power would be deadly at best, unthinkable at worst. Dolan had never been the most inclined to combat among his peers, but what he had learned over these years would see him through this. It would have to. He follows Martin's lead, and hauls himself up onto the roof. This would end, one way or another.

Casting Reverse Missiles (18) for 6 FP, using the powerstone which has an unknown number of FP in it because I lost track a loooong time ago, but it generates 2 FP/day since I last used it ages ago. Trying to stay in cover for the moment while also getting a peek at the disposition of the enemy. Stealth 12.

• Locked thread