Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

Isit pushes the leaf around her plate, but doesn't eat. Perhaps the conversation had soured her stomach. "People can do a lot to protect their own. All of us have to some extent. Still, I would like to know more before action is agreed upon.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"That'd be quite a neat trick for the Eagles to pull. Useful too." She snorts at mention of the emperor. "He said he'd be back if the gods came back. Who's to say that's not what's in Roland's head now? I mean, I'm not familiar with the spirit lands, but.... Never mind, that's paranoid even for me.” Isit shrugs. "So do you have a plan Naantali?"

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

The elf shrugs. She didn't much fancy their ability to thwart any plan, especially one that was made by the Eagles. ”So wait and see. Either way, we have the potential to see this blowing up in our faces. I suppose the question I have now, is if you have any information we can use as an excuse for our detour. Appearances and all.”

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"People gossip, a spy network isn't necessary for rumors to start. And I'm a deeply paranoid woman, ask anyone.” She holds up a hand. "I do have one more question for you. We are well aware you don't like god blooded people. Would you ally with one that went over to your side? And besides the god blooded, are there any other people that you'd reject out of hand? I don't know the old grudges of the spirit realm well, and it would be useful in the future if we have clarity on this issue."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"I'm sure that many people on both sides of the veil value pragmatism. Especially when there are common enemies around. Do call on me if you wish to discuss pragmatism with more certain terms. After all, we are all on this side now, the gods are back, and those who do not change with the times might have a harder path, no matter how powerful they may be." She nods at Martin. Perhaps she was ambitious after all, in spite of her bluster. Adoption might have made a few thing clear. "I suppose that is all. Any word you wish to send to your betrothed?"

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

With a slight bow to Naantali, Isit rises. "As much as I'd prefer to stay out here, I suppose we do need to leave." With a sigh, she spots Clean and Lette's display. "Well, I suppose I need to threaten him with what happens if her heart gets broken. Which it almost certainly will, considering a battle is looming. Not complicated at all."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

Celan receives an appearing stare before Isit nods to Lette. "Just more talk. Nothing earth shattering. I suggest we get going. If we can't make the city, we can try for a relative's perhaps."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

Isit's eyebrows raise very high upon demonstration of the trick. "Oh my. I guess there will be children then.”

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"Age before beauty is it? I'm ever so offended!"

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"Well you won't be unmarried for long, isn't that right Celan?"

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"Well at least you'd talk to her about marriage. Some men dont believe in asking a woman their opinion. Honestly, mother was right, the empire lags behind those that were banished in terms of equality." Grinning, she nods to Martin. "Oh I'm sure we'll be ambushed on the way back. Care to go double or nothing on our previous wager?"

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"I think an 'I told you so' would suffice. That or wine. And Lette, it isn't all that bad, sooner or later we'll be ambushed, won't we?"

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"We could still be ambushed in the city. I live in hope. At least with my relatives Lette and I could get a good night's sleep." With that aside, she checks in on Larisa, who had taken to sleeping near her flask. "Anyways, its only a matter of time before the next mess."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

She shakes her head once, trying to gather thoughts. "I'd say they're useful if somewhat limited to traditional warfare. No magic, but good skirmishers. Question is, will they stay useful before, during, and after the battle? If they've got spies about, we need to set about convincing them that we're the best business deal."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

Isit snorts. "I'm guessing erstwhile means former? Or am I missing something only nobles know?" Or perhaps he had found a match for love. Or perhaps for a more substantial army. "Besides marriages, we need to worry about Eagles. Is there a plan for that eventuality? Because a war is a lovely time to try and assassinate you again."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"I suppose there are other leads to pursue, we never did follow up on that sun cult after all. But I doubt that particular rumor would lead us anywhere. And it would be too much to ask for more allies at such a late date. To be honest, I'm mostly at a loss. Suppose luck is what we need at this point, and not more factions."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"Thank you sir, we'll keep our ears to the ground for ideas." With a slight bow, she turns to leave with the others. "I do wonder, will any place we stay just burn down?"

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"Why stop at a city? If we really applied ourselves, we could ruin a nation."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"Lette is right. I think this is a distraction. So long as he is an effective leader, who cares? It'd be nice to know what's going on with some certainty, but I doubt we'll find out. I'm more concerned about gaining allies against the queen."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

She arches an eyebrow. "Does anyone ever rule for the good of all?" Turning to Lette, she nods. "Larisa can help with the poisons bit. Then they might off themselves even if they do survive..." Wincing, she holds her hands up. "That sounded bad. What I ment is that I can vouch for how effective poisons can be. Might as well work for us for once?"

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"I'm also guessing the Eagles might know what we look like. We might want to farm out any recon we do. Beggars and orphans will work for work for cheap fortunately. Plus if they're any good we can cultivate them in the future."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

Taking the map, Isit hands Larisa her flask of whiskey. It wasn't quite a favor that merited kaht, but hard liquor would do. "Oh boy. Who wants to bet that the moment we try and raid that place, they start killing children in the building. Course, we'd likely hit them anyways. I dunno. Maybe we can bribe someone to watch their comings and goings. And poison them."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

The elf holds and arrow out, and eyes the rats skeptically. "Well, This is definitely weird enough for me to roll with. Here you go Detective Whiskers."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"Before you go in, I should try and set up with a view of the entrance. As a sniper. Larisa can help with another exit, and Dolan can cover me. Or try and block any spells." Sighing, she rubs her eyes. "I'm not sure this won't be trapped to hell and back. Least with me set up, I can take out hostiles. I'd open the windows when you enter though. Make my job easier." Pausing, she nudges her pack. "Got any poison? That'd be fun."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"I guess Larisa and Skoll are my back up then. Have fun."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

Narrowing her eyes at the man, Isit has to pause a moment before deciding what to do. Picking up a small pebble, she tosses it towards Larisa's perch and gestures for her sister to come over.

For the sake of streamlining the process, this is what Isit wants to do. She'll tell Larisa not to enter, but to try and warn the others that someone knows they are there. Then she will try and follow the suspicious guy from the rooftops.

Shadowing 13
Stealth 13

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"Ugh. For gently caress's sake." Listing a little from her last jump, Isit stares after the man for a moment before looking for a way down. She sure as gently caress wasn't going after him alone, bit she didn't want to lose him in the crowd. Swearing, she looks for the others. At the very least Skill or one of the others would be useful in tracking the man.

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

With a muttered swear, Isit draws an arrow, but stands relaxed. He couldn't have gotten far. Maybe the others would flush him out.

Per 13

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

Taking the letter, Isit scrutinizes it with a laugh. "Ball or bloodbath, we'll be seeing a queen soon. Think she'll challenge Roland to single combat? Or think that the Eagles will slaughter all of us first?"

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

Isit listens to Dolan's tale, eyes closed. Somewhat lethargic, she pushes off the wall she had been leaning on. "Well, if it was me, and I had to sacrifice a large number of people, I'd go where the crowds are. Then you could blow them up or slit thier necks real fast."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"Well I'm not a wizard, like I said. If they need privacy or something, I'd suggest and old temple or a sewer. Isn't that where cults hang out?" Pausing, her eyes narrow at Dolan. "What was the last thing that shapeshifter said to you?"

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"Hunting huh? Well at least we can hazard a guess about her employer."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

Keeping low behind the others, Isit's ears twitch. Drawing an arrow, she whispers to Lette. "Hypothetically, would blowing up an arrow in the middle of a bunch of chanting people be a good or a bad thing? Cause I can do that, or take a shot at whoever you think is the leader."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

Isit lets out a barely audible huff. "It'll impress, don't you worry. But fire is always welcome."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

The one in charge now spoke. Or she assumed it was the one in charge. Perhaps the voice was just a talker that wanted to distract them for a few moments. "Well it was all going to end with bloodshed anyways." Nodding at Lette, her eyes go wide as her weapon bursts into flames. When she died, she would die happy knowing she finally got to set things on fire while shooting them. "Im living the dream." Smiling, Isit stays behind cover, points her arrow in the general direction of the talker, draws back her bow and releases it. Lucky for her she didn't have to see the talker to shoot them.

She'd never used this little spell in practice mind you, but if it worked, it would be impressive. Or it would backfire horribly and burn them all. Details.

Homing Arrow 14, Bow 13+(3 acc)= 16
Composite Bow 1d+2 imp
FP 13\14 spending one on homing arrow. Let's see if this works!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"I'm just shocked this didn't all end in a bloodbath. Well, more of one. I guess I owe all of you drinks." Slinging her bow over her shoulder, she looks back at the city. "I suppose Noah is saved, so objective accomplished? And none of those strumpets in charge of armies tried to steal Martin away, so double win." Laughing, she winks at Lette. "Speaking of, should I start making veiled threats at any harpies? Especially concerning the fallout for heat breaking? I'm sure Dolan and I can draft some loving creative threat, yeah?" She nudges the dwarf and laughs.

"I certianly do remember a plan! Involving a castle!" Isit shrugs at Martin. "You always were a romantic. Myself, I'm ready to take back your lands for our family. Larisa and I have some ideas. After all, a fae-mortal dynasty isn't built on blood alone. Though it certainly helps." A fae and mortal dynasty. Considering the cost it took to get it started, Isit would make it worth it. Her people would be no fools. Top to bottom, they'd craft a better dynasty. A stronger one perhaps. Certainly they couldn't do worse than some. With a laugh, she pats her horse and wheels it around. "To morning."

• Locked thread