Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec nodded to the man before he left and lowered his traveling pack to the floor. The spear and buckler attached clattered against the ground as he carefully laid the pack down. Alec knelt down to the pack and slowly undid the tie and received his simple pocket knife and a simple light wooden piece of wood. Alec had spent his time to carefully whittle it down to a thin plank, every light and easy to impress upon. The wood had runes, or rizten, in the language of his people covering it, writings of his people, in very harsh and crudely carved runes.

Alec began marking into it with his knife, he had to record his journey lest he forget when the time of feasting came. He knew that would be expected to recount his journey to all, and later to the lore masters. He had been surprised that he was called along with this group, the two music-makers were here along with the more hardened warriors. It will be an experience to see how well the fool worked with the others, as their temperament was completely different.

He carved crude ritzen into the wood as he thought, his own not dissimilar from the rizten covered staff. Though Alec could not not read the staff, he assumed it was in the language of Stone that Gepid had been given not secrets given to Cherus. Not worth the cost to the clan's honor as a whole, Alec carefully thought. He carved only one rune before the man-goat interrupted his thoughts with his greetings.

The Cherusci had always been taught to be careful with their words and speech. A word from Cherus could cause rivers to appear and men to scream in agony. Whole songs could destroy armies and make his city's walls invincible. Alec had no such ability, even less so in this common tongue of this place, but he kept his teachings to heart, and spoke when it was important, or necessary. Since the goat-man wished to talk, he would use it for his own question as well.

“Greetings, Lor El of Vor Rindal, I am Alec of Cheruscisten. I might ask you a question, yes? What was the name of the Waldgeist who made you so? You are the Lore-Master no?”

Alec looked into the man-goat's eyes in curiosity and hoped such questions were secrets and mysteries to the lore-master.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec gave a small smile, and remembered that he was amongst their tongue. He would have to be careful lest he take away honor from others by accident. He carved a few runes onto his wood to remind himself later. He thought of these words and what they would mean in this base and crude tongue.

"Waldgeist means to you, Wood spirit, or I have heard wood god, and Lore-master, is a singer of tales, to tell all of great deeds by one, and stories of all. He does not only sing but also carves the... song onto wood, and bone, for all to see. He would know the beginning of your clan, and how they became how they are."

Alec was convinced that the man-goat was not hiding this from him, but if he was, thought it was a tactful way to do so.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec nods slowly at the man-goat and says simply "When it is time for such songs, they will be sung for you, though it would take many nights, and I know not all of them. Now, is the time to create stories, not listen to them." Alec understood what the man-goat meant by a journal, he had seen the symbols and even learned them since his time staying here, but he preferred the wood and bone, knife to quill. It was more laborious and less forgiving, more thought and effort put into each word and rune. "You should bring record of your deeds to your people and teach them a new saga. It is a sad thing to lose a story like that." He bit his tongue, it was not his place to scold a new Lore-master, for the dishonor of the old. Rather than speak it he simply stayed silent on the subject.

Alec looks down at this wood and carves for a bit until satisfied, stows it and the knife. Alec then looks to the others, wanting to keep industrious, but having no work to do. He considers oiling and sharpening his sword, but it is not something to do as you wait to be brought before the King and the Hearth. Normally, he would expect servants to feed them and entertain while they wait, of course it would be the first time that he had not know all around him during these times.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 14, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec scoffed at the man, having been up and productive since before dawn himself. "I can't imagine where we are going that, this will be considered early. Better to train yourself now, then let yourself fall to Sloth. I find this hour to late to be useful as it is, if we have to travel far, night will have come upon us. I am Alec of Cheruscisten, Serr Megnoket?" Alec kept his comments as unoffensive that he could force himself to, though the man clearly was without honor, it was not proper to bring such things up unless asked.

He would retain or lose his honor by his own hand and no other. Alec had his doubts this fool would be of much use, but he also remembered that in this strange place honor seemed unheard of. "Like Children they are content to play at childish things." Alec thought bitterly.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec nodded to the Son of Gepidi and the wood folk. He was a bit more inspired by the groups chances now, they had the look of stable and solid fighters, and discipline to match. "Hail, Son of Gepidi," with a nod to the dwarf," I have never seen such a staff as that, I cannot read it. It is impressive, greetings to you." Alec then turned to the new arrival of the tree folk and said "You, of the Tree folk, I have no reason for you to hunt me, I saw you are a hunter of Man. I am Alec of Cheruscisten, greetings to you both, I assume you both are here for the same reason?"

Alec hoped they were here same as him, the tree folk made him wary, but she looked like an excellent fighter, and the son of gepidi would be very effective he was sure, with his strange staff.

The Lore-Mistress came behind the tree folk, and greeted him again, he had remembered her name. Most due to her insistence that he tell the shield-men her name and the name Dolan. "Greetings again, Lette, they have called you here as well. I wonder if our host will be keeping us much longer."

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 15, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec looked to the man-goat and answered his rather airy question, "I assume that we are all here to stop the dågons and spirits. I know my people cannot last these assaults forever. This is the only spot I have found in this place that is not in total darkness."

Alec leaned back and drank from his waterskin, this was going to be difficult. A fool, two Lore-masters, a son of gepidi, a tree folk. Alec assumed that much was not what it seemed, otherwise, the King here is a fool. Alec hoped that he would explain his plan and how he managed to stop the scourge. He reminded himself to look for signs of spirits and seers around the man, it might be that this King was just a spirit trying to lead him away from his goal. Without him, after all his people were doomed.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 15, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec looked across to the man-goat... no Lor el, he corrected himself, and nodded "Monsters of many types, most controlled by powerful spirits. I believe they are called 'gods' here, though why they would put some spirits above others I have no I idea. You might as well watch for men to fall from the sky as stars and call them 'Gods'." Alec chewed over this fact in his head before finally after much debate coming to the conclusion to speak about it.

"Last night, I saw Marten, pay as if it was a feast. I do not know the feasting day or occasion, but I would think it would be best to all pay together, that way, each person shows their own worth, and then all could give and all enjoy giving back and receiving all at once. That is most likely the only honorable way I could see to do it." Alec spoke slowly and glanced at Martin as he talked to Lor El.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

"Aye, this flood is strong where my town is. I must either stop them or figure out how to keep them at bay. This place, it is intact, the storm I have seen, has not come. When it does, there will be much glory to be had." Alec said with much conviction.

He looked off into the distance before being brought back "We are not here to defend, this King, he has bigger plans, look out there, he has people to defend, no we are going to be sent to either attack, or find something. We each must have something he needs to do it, even if you know not what. That is what I think." Alec leaned back and chewed the thought over in his head slowly and carefully.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 15, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec pulled on his pack again, and walked into the room after seeing all of them leave.

Alec followed the son of Rugii quickly as he talked. Listening intently to the battle proven warrior and looked out into the distance. As he finished, Alec felt that his opinion of the Lord Roland improved. A test of your men before battle, is just what was called for.

Alec looked at Marten, and nodded "I have my weapons and pack, I am ready, though, if I have a place to place my pack until I return, I would ask for that. It would be best to go as a warrior and not a traveler. We should go soon, lest we miss our chance to stop these då... monsters." Alec adjusts his gear and gets ready, this was what Alec was born to do. It was good to see the fool was eager for a fight.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec walked in front of the conversation with Martin listening in on this conversation. "I think that I will keep my spear for this battle, you will be able to maybe pierce their hide, and I will try to either take them off the animal, or kill the animal. I think though that once they are down, they will be no trouble. I take it this is your first battle then, Lor' El and Lette?"

Alec thought more on how the battle will go, he had a suspicion that the battle would not be a cut and dry as he said, in fact he was worried the two unblooded warriors would break, or even worse, freeze.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec smiles to the young woman and nods "Then after tonight you will be a warrior then, hunting game or the wolf is very different. You will see, just harden your heart and push forward and you both will sing the songs of glory and celebrate your first blooding." The first battle is always the worst, and most terrible for any warrior, Alec thought to add. He stayed his tongue knowing better than to break spirits before a fight.

Alec made a mental note that he would have to use his money to give a proper celebration for their blooding.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 16, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec nodded to the Son of Rugii and stowed his pack in the guard house. When he returned he found that conversation has turned to tactics. "I will take hold as a Spear for us," Alec lifted his spear in one hand as if it emphasize this point, "If they have missiles then I will use my shield, while you try to knock them from their horses." Alec nodded to the buckler hanging on his back. Alec personally had never seen a sling in use so he kept quiet on such things he did not know and simply prepared himself.

After getting in the fast wagon he leans back and started slowly chanting to himself very low, but declaration to his ancestors.

"Einu sinni í myrkrinu við sátum
Í ótta og skelfingu, réð okkur
Í myrkrinu við Brustu
án þess heiðurs og veik
"

As the wagon travels, he looks to Lor' El, and Lette wondering if this first battle would harden them. He starts leaning back and chanting a bit more consistently, focusing on hardening his heart and his determination.

"Þá kom Weß, vissi hann ekkert
Hann var fyrstur til að koma ljós
Ljós hans fyllti hjörtu Man
Ljós hans fyllir hjarta mitt!
"

If he would fall today, he would make sure that today, would be the day he gave a glorious showing, that Lor' El would sing songs, and that Weß himself would see and approve of his Courage.

"Eins og hann hefur aðeins þekktur hugrekki, ég veit
Eins og hann hefur brennt björt í ljósi, mun ég brenna
Finnst þér það ekki? Það fyllir þig og þannig lyftir þér
Weß sonur Cherus, leiðbeinir okkur, unfallen
"

He chanted slowly and clearly, to anyone who leaned in enough or had sharp enough hearing to hear over the din of the carriage.He repeated the verses three times under his breathe, appearing to get stronger with each iteration.

"spjót þeirra mun brjóta, henda göt
skildir þeirra mun sprunga, eru okkar veggi
sverð þeirra verður dregið, verður okkar skera
Hugrekki verður að bera okkur til sigurs
"

Alec finally looked up at the others and said simply "I am ready."

OOC: I'm taking only my combat gear, and leaving my pack, I think I will make the possibly terrible choice to be unencumbered and only ready my spear in both hands going into this, my buckler on my back and my sword on my hip. Otherwise, I might look into buying a long/short bow when we get back, I have a feeling it could be useful to keep in my pack.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Mar 16, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

"This is a Ambush! The driver of that wagon is dead! There are no refugees left, to Vengeance! Let us go valiantly and slay these honor-less Dågons!" Alec waves his spear and starts yelling at the centaurs "Try to slay someone who can fight back you worthless oxen!"

move then All Out Defense(dodge), he is also trying to get an idea if there are more in the wagon or not.

code:
Alec Cherusci					
ST-12	DX-13	IQ-10	HT-12		
HP-12/12  FP-15/15   Will-10  Per-10  BS-6.25 BM-6
Advantages:Fit	High Pain Tolerance Combat Reflexes		
Weapons:Spear-14	readied (2h)	1D+1/ 1D+2 (2hand) imp	
	Broadsword-14	in scabbard	1D+3 cut/ 1D cr		
	Buckler	        on back 	1D-1 cr	
Armor:	Torso: DR 4/2 cr,Skull/Face: DR: 2,Hands: DR:2,Feet: DR:2 
Active Defenses:Dodge-10(12)+ 2 AOD(acrobatic dodge + dodge against missiles/charges (acrobatics 13)), Parry-11[14][retreat-parry against melee attacks], Block-11

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 18, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec laughs and smiles waving to the others "Come Come, don't be hesitant! It is a good day to fight! We can stay and fight them all!" Alec looks to one of the beasts in front of him "You with the spear! If you wish to act a as a warrior I challenge you to honorable combat, come forth and meet me. I am Alec Cherusci, son of Cherus, Warrior of Cheruscisten, I challenge you to a duel with swords. I am a blooded warrior, do you Dågon have the honor to accept?" Alec moves forward tentatively, wary that these beasts would prove to be dishonorable to a warrior as they are to farmers.

move going to do a repeat of last turn, not sure how the horses are going to react, moving forward going all out defense(dodge)

code:
Alec Cherusci					
ST-12	DX-13	IQ-10	HT-12		
Active Defenses:Dodge-10(14)+ 2 AOD(Feverish Defense + acrobatic dodge + dodge against missiles/charges (acrobatics 13)) (-1 Fp)
                Parry-11[14][retreat-parry against melee attacks], Block-11

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Mar 18, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec heard the dågon speak and knew the situation had changed, the cart cluttered to the other side leaving him exposed and these were not honorable creatures, that would duel as warriors. "Then we will have to fight as wolfs as well" Alec thought. Alec ran back to the group that was huddled by the wagon motioning the two guardsmen to follow. "These monsters have no honor, we need to stay together, if we Spears all rush in when they get close, we might have a better chance of living!" Alec says this mostly to the guardsmen cowering in the back.

move moving to rejoin group and doing a feverish defense if attacked to hopefully cover for it, the commands to the guards aren't likely to be followed but someone with high int might have a good shot of it!

code:
Alec Cherusci					
ST-12	DX-13	IQ-10	HT-12		
Active Defenses:Dodge-10(14)(Feverish Defense + acrobatic dodge + dodge against missiles/charges (acrobatics 13)) (-1 Fp)
                (retreat dodge if possible against charges)

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 18, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec, looks at all of the archers targeting him and smiles, "Good, they finally see me as a threat!" He shouts as he runs forward "Guards, Cover your man! ATTACK! To Glory!" Alec runs forward and hefts his spear ready to prod the centaur that moved in to attack Martin.

Alec heard the cry of a solider in battle and thought nothing of it, it was going to be a glorious and bloody day. Though these monsters had the upper hand, he would fight like wolves and bring them down one by one until they fled like cowards or more of them came. Alec did not fear the dågon of death, nor should he. Weß himself runs after her master everyday, and fights it at times, turning the day into night before the wounded spirit runs again. "I will prove my worth and if I die, I die and reach Cherus's halls" Alec thought with joy. Alec's smile brightened as he finally moved in range of the centaur and thrust his spear it's full length.

movement going to move, attack at C1, try shouting at the guards to save their buddy, even though i doubt they will need help to get motivated to do that
base: 14 - 4 for move/attack = 10 capped at 9 = 9 to get a possible hit
range: two handed spear so 2, just in range
Hit Location: Random

code:
Alec Cherusci					
ST-12	DX-13	IQ-10	HT-12		
Active Defenses:Dodge-10(14)(Feverish Defense + acrobatic dodge + dodge against missiles/charges (acrobatics 13)) (-1 Fp)

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 20, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherus

Alec saw the monster back off, avoiding the blow, the arrows went wide and hit Doran and Marten. "Missed me you cows! Don't fight like cowards!" Alec rushes forward and puts all his energy into an attack, with the arrows done, it will take a little while to reload if they can rush the archers now, and get this spear cow out of the way they could slay these monsters. He turns to his comrades and shouts "Don't mind the sting, just slay these murders!" before he begins his approach.

move moving forward 3 and doing an all out attack(determined)
to hit: base 14 + 4 aoa = 18 - 3 vitals = 15
range: length 2
hit location: Vitals

code:
Alec Cherusci					
ST-12	DX-13	IQ-10	HT-12		
Active Defenses:non AOA

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec roared as his spear found his mark screaming at the retreating centaur "Is that how you want to be remembered? As a coward? Come meet your death like a Man!" Alec watched the archers drop their bows and unleash their steel. "Finally some who fight with honor!" Alec takes a step forward and undoes his buckler from his back and puts it on. "Lor El, go and attack, I will follow, but I want to make this... more honorable." Alec wields the spear one handed with his buckler and bangs on his shield trying to distract the bandits.

move readying my buckler and taking a step forward.

code:
Alec Cherusci					
ST-12	DX-13	IQ-10	HT-12		
Weapons:Spear-14	readied (1h)	1D+1/ 1D+2 (2hand) imp	
	Buckler	        readied 	1D-1 cr	
Active Defenses:Dodge-11(15)(Feverish Defense + acrobatic dodge + dodge against missiles/charges (acrobatics 13)) (-1 Fp)
                Parry-12, 
                Block-12[15][retreat-block against melee attacks]

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 20, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec laughs as the centaur slices into the fauns arm! "Lor'El, congratulations! Your first battle scar! You will wear it well! Get back and compose yourself, the first one is always the worst!" Alec readies his stance, and prepares himself to lunge at the archer "Come at me! Give me a good fight, and I'll promise you a glorious death! Do not waste your life on cowardice!" Alec looks into the centaurs eyes and steels himself.

Move: conditional Orders: Wait, Attack - wait until a centaur comes within 2 hexs of me, then advance one into range and Attack with Mighty Blow (-1 fp)
to hit: base 14
range: length 1
hit location: Random

code:
Alec Cherusci					
ST-12	DX-13	IQ-10	HT-12		
Weapons:Spear-14	readied (1h)	1D+1/ 1D+2 (2hand) imp	
	Buckler	        readied 	1D-1 cr	
Active Defenses:Dodge-11(15)(Feverish Defense + acrobatic dodge + dodge against missiles/charges (acrobatics 13)) (-1 Fp)
                [14][retreat dodge if possible against charges]
                Parry-12, 
                Block-12[15][retreat-block against melee attacks]

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 21, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec winces at first form the shattering of his arm, his spear drops but his blood frenzy is at its highest and it is in the midst of a great battle and he knew he was prepared to die, he turned to centaur to the right of him and said "Yes! That is a fight! No more Cowardice! Come Lor'El let us fight and die side by side like shield brothers, The murderous leader will die by our hand!" Alec tries to point to his shield but cannot and instead steps closer to the leader and uses his shield as a weapon. "As long as I breathe, I will fight you, monsters. Lor'El you are a true warrior, it is an honor to fight at your side!"

move I step forward and Attack A4 the supposed leader with my shield using Mighty Blow (-1 fp)
Base: 14 + 1 SM = 15
range: 1

code:
Alec Cherusci					
ST-12	DX-13	IQ-10	HT-12		
HP-6/12  FP-14/15   Will-10  Per-10  BS-6.25 BM-6
Weapons:Spear-14	Dropped 	1D+1/ 1D+2 (2hand) imp	
	Buckler-14	readied left	1D-1 cr	
                Parry-12, 
                Block-12[17][retreat-block against melee attacks + 2 for feverish defense] -1 FP

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 21, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec Roars as the Leader of the Murders. His shield too blunt and the armor too thick, this was time to stop playing around. Alec tosses aside his bent buckler and quickly draws his sword like he had trained since he became a man at 13. Alec then screams in a blood frenzy, completely lost into the heat of the battle. He rushes the leader and attempts to do what he could not mockingly do before, slay the monster.

move As a free action drop the buckler, and fast draw(14) my broadsword, the Move and Attack, A4 with Mighty Blow +2 damage -1 FP. If i fail the fast draw, then I all out defend(dodge), and look for my sword.
Base: 14 + 1 SM = -4 M,A = 12 max 9 = 9
Range 1;
damage: 1d+5

code:
Alec Cherusci					
ST-12	DX-13	IQ-10	HT-12		
HP-6/12  FP-13/15   Will-10  Per-10  BS-6.25 BM-6
	Broadsword-14	readied?	1D+3 cut/ 1D cr		
	Buckler-14	Dropped  	1D-1 cr	
                Parry-12[17] [retreat-parry against melee attacks + 2 for feverish defense] -1 FP

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Mar 21, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec felt the cut through his mail at the side, he had only barely missed the horse monster, but had been dealt a death blow. This would be his last battle, and thus, Alec smiled wide with blood dripping from his mouth "Monster, do you think I would stop? I go to the halls of my Father? To day is a good day to meet Cherus!" Without fear Alec strikes out at the nearest monster, Marten's shout bouncing off him. This was his death and he would strike as he had always done: without fear.

no movement, attack with mighty blow (-1 FP) to A3 retreat-parry if possible toward martin
base to hit: 14
range: 1
damage: 1D+5

code:
Alec Cherusci					
ST-12	DX-13	IQ-10	HT-12		
HP- -2/12  FP-11/15   Will-10  Per-10  BS-6.25 BM-6
	Broadsword-14	readied	1D+3 cut/ 1D cr		
Active Defenses: Parry-12[17] [retreat-parry against melee attacks + 2 for feverish defense] -1 FP
Dodge-6

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cheruci

Alec watches the monsters retreat again like cowards. "Obviously, they refuse to even fight a one armed Warrior, pitiful." The twitch of pain had kicked him back to reality and he looked over the many yards between them, he knew it couldn't get to them. Alec steps back hobbling a bit and sneers to Marten. "These cowards refuse to even give me a good death, we can only sit and wait now. Lets go back to the dwarf he will need help." Alec limped slowly back using his sword as a cane at times, but wary to not turn his back to the monstrous savages.

move Alec will start heading back and regroup since it's obvious that won't kill him or let him attack back.

code:
Alec Cherusci					
ST-12	DX-13	IQ-10	HT-12		
HP- -3/12  FP-9/15   Will-10  Per-10  BS-6.25 BM-6
Active Defenses: Parry-11[13] [parry against melee attacks + 2 for feverish defense] -1 FP
Dodge-6 feverish dodge if charged or missles for [8]

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec slowly turns back toward Lor'El , "Bastards are weak pathetic dågons can't even give a man a proper death. I can't do much anymore, can't move fast enough to keep up. Monsters such as these most likely want to kill and eat whoever they take... if I fall and they come for me, slay me properly." Alec takes feeble steps toward Lor'El and turns toward the enemy trying to back and keep his toward the evil creatures.

move going down south hopefully to regroup

code:
Alec Cherusci					
ST-12	DX-13	IQ-10	HT-12		
HP- -3/12  FP-9/15   Will-10  Per-10  BS-6.25 BM-6
Active Defenses: Parry-11[13] [parry against melee attacks + 2 for feverish defense] -1 FP
Dodge-6 feverish dodge if charged or missles for [8] -1 FP

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec watched the monsters retreat and looked to the guards though beaten and bloody they were all in safe hands. He immediately turned to Marten and started examining him "Hold still and stay vigilant, I am going to try to help you." Alec knelt down and started taking stock of Martens injures and trying to use his basic first aid knowledge to stop the bleeding. Alec did not concern himself with the rebuffed centaur, he had been told not to charge, if it had charged Alec would have given all he had to defeat it, to the point of death, without question.

Alec is going to stay near Martin and start preforming first aid (10).

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec bandages Martens wound and without a word feels himself going again as he stands up. The centaurs continue to retreat, and with a satisfied grunt he finally lets into the nagging sensation that he has been having since the centaur tore open his side. Alec finally allows himself to collapse now that his job is done.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

musical accompaniment

Alec's had faded to black and for what seemed like an eternity before what felt like a heart beat coursed through him. Like a pulse in the darkness, light seemed to seeping, staining his vision, the harder he tried to look into the light the less he could look into it. Alec put his hand to his eyes and then light seemed to surround him.

Suddenly as if waking, him he was in the grand hall with cheers around him. He saw his old friends welcome him and force him to sit. The cheers and loud voices filled his senses, but he was not able to understand them at all. his friends crowded around, they all drank to him and shook with joy. Alec saw a few of the women warriors cat call at them, teasing, and giving challenges to him and his friends, as near as he could guess. These were replied too with a drink and a less martial challenge, Alec guess, due to the laughs and coy voices returned. A few of his friends laughed at those whose words had been met with less voice than laugh. Alec felt disoriented and looked around.

The great fire burned bright and long table filled with food and drink as if by thought, Alec took a bowl and pulled it high shouting a toast to Cherus over the noise. Alec smiled at the warriors around him raising a bowl of mead in his hands to lips. His friends and the women joined him with a cheer and shout he could not understand.

Suddenly, with a clap everything froze and Alec as if possessed stood. The Grand Hall with all it's splendor faded from view and all he could see was a soft blue light of twilight. It filled his vision until he was standing in a forest with battle scars and dead around him. The battlefield was full of wounded and the walking injured. He recognized the battle, he looked around at the moaning and screaming people. He knelt instinctively and started helping those he could.

The solider in front of him turned from a vague figure into a woman with long bright blond hair, she gasped and looked up him smiling sweetly. She had a wound to her chest turn into the chain mail itself. She pets his cheek and whispers sweet things that a lover would to another. Alec looked over her wound and saw only heart blood flowing from her chest and knew the truth. He smiled back and grabbed her hand clasped it tight as the color drained from her face.

He watched her eyes slowly fade and only the smile remained on her face as she left him. He took her sword and spear and folded them in her hands as was proper. He smiled and kissed her cold lips twice, as if it retain a bit of her essence before she met her Father in the Hall beyond the dågon of Death. Alec watched himself stare at the dead girl, tears down his smiling face.

The smiling face soon was surrounded by flames spreading quickly consuming the two. The fire spreading amidst the golden hair then the fire consumed him. He only saw the flames and the the darkness of the night press in against them. Alec walks through the fire and feels his gear on him weighing him down comfortably. He looks around and sees himself in front of his town, his home. His gear at his feet.

Alec slowly shouldered his pack and started on a great journey. He lingered on the mountains through the forests of his youth. Alec watched the blue-gray mountains peek at him through the foliage as he walked. He felt the weight on his back lighten and the woods seem more wild around him.

He found himself with his bow and arrow, in hand watching a stag. This time he would show everyone how old he was! Notching his arrow, he watched the big stag ahead of him shift uneasy then put down it's great head to eat more. Without hesitation he pulled the arrow back, this would be the stag that would convince his father he was old enough to wield a real weapon, Alec knew and left the arrow fly.

As the arrow flew, time stopped. The arrow seemed to change as it hung in mid air in front of Alec's face. Soon it turned into his family's sword flying through the air and arcing into the rocky shore and the tide. Alec ran down as if the sword was a log on fire, as if the tide would consume the sword. He jumped in the ice cold ocean looking on the bottom among the rocks. Three times he dived into the sea and came up with nothing. The last he came up with the sword held above the water.

Alec ran out of the freezing sea to the warm embrace of a group of four children two boys and two girls all were younger but not much shorter than Alec. A woman with dusty brown hair and a man with bright blond hair were the last to embrace him, both of them in full chain battle dress. Alec thought it strange the cold chain against this wet skin felt warmer than touch of the others.

The brown haired woman leaned down and gave him two kisses on each cheek that Alec seemed to have more trouble enduring then the freezing water, or cold wind on his skin. Her face aged before his eyes and turned from pride to anger, frozen mid shout as he stood with the blond girl next to him. The blond girl did not have a wound yet, but seemed much younger in many ways. Alec saw himself in mid shout back at her, not a face hair on his face.

He turned away from the argument in front of him. When he looked back, the brown haired woman again was there, this much older, a scar down her cheek and sorrow on her face. Alec hugged her looking at the man next to her, his hair grey and his hard face betrayed by tears going down his cheeks. He felt her hands digging into his pack and held him as if she could make him never leave. Alec had a journey for which he may never return she says, her hands unable to let go.

He was the one to break it, and walk off into the darkness. After all, He was a man and no longer a child, the man understood and held the woman back as Alec broke the hug. Alec felt himself float back as if pushed. He saw himself stand there and give farewells to two young men, and two young women. He watched as he started walking away from everyone giving one last wave of his spear hand. He watched himself not look back and start at jog off into the mountains.

Alec did not watch himself go off on the great journey. He stared only at the brown haired woman, whom he called mother.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec woke and made a grab for his sword, taking a moment to sit unhappily and wait for his treatment. If his dream effected him in anyway, Alec did not show it. He dressed with help of a nurse, his blood stained clothes still on him. He thanked the healer personally and then walked slowly to the office or King Roland.

Greeting his comrades as he did, and listening to their discoveries after he had lost consciousness. The girl was interesting, he had not expected to find a Kinder among the wagons, nor were their bodies. Alec appeared to be more quiet than usual as he mulled over some things in mind, though he refused to talk or show any idea what passed through his mind.

It wasn't until at least they were in front of the King himself that Alec spoke firmly and with a clear sense of power. "I am ready, just point my way for my spear, and I am there. These savages clearly had plans for these people. If they did not murder them now, they have purposes worse than we can imagine. Dågons do not take prisoners." Alec leans forward in his chair "If need be we can leave now, my shield will fit on this arm, and I will fight." Alec motions to his bandaged arm.

Alec could not record his deeds at the moment, but it was going to either be a feast or fight. He would not feast until the fight was done. It is a shame with the newly blooded cannot celebrate, but such is the way of war. It just means that they will have to celebrate later and more extravagantly.

"Your hunters of course will help, but if we were in the woods, the monsters would not have had a chance. Our spears will fight till they break to get them back, but any men you can spare will only help to speed them on our way. Be it quietly or with full force." Alec finished with confidence and leaned back in his seat.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec considers everything said for a moment and then says with trepidation "There is something wrong, but I fear it could be worse than anything you may have seen. Here it might be different but where I have hailed from, such things as we are seeing now. Well it would be the beginnings of a Black Horde." Alec pauses and lets out a breath looking at the others as if he had said that the sky is falling.

"If so, then we will need a great power to stop it. My people know of only one other time one has existed." Alec continued and looked off into the distance as if trying to remember something deep in his past.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec waited for a pause as if to remember some distant song or story, and delaying as long as he could to actually remember it fully. He refocused upon the situation and continued shrugging his shoulders.

"It is an old saga, and not often sung now. It talks of a time before the Time of Darkness, and during the time of Cherus. Cherus himself wielded fire beyond normal Man. The song tells of a Spirit, a powerful one. This Spirit brought together all who had fallen from the Path of Honor. I know not of which Spirit nor his marks, but it is said that unlike most, this Spirit gathered an army and organized it. Sons of Rugii and even some Sons of Gepidi were drawn to this banner, and with that they all attacked Cheruscisten. It is moment that Cherus, himself, could not stop the horde. It wasn't until he gained a powerful tool that he was able to stop them and only through enough dead to create a river of blood that flooded the fields. The Spirit itself never showed itself, we do not know what happened with it."

Alec paused and took a deep breath "Now, I do not remember what the story said more than that. These dågons may in fact be testing these walls like you said, or rather the Spirit has learned and some form of trickery to get in the walls without a battle. If it does attack with a new horde... I do not think these walls will hold." Alec carefully speaks to make sure the respect is clearly conveyed.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec relaxes upon hearing that they would not be needed immediately, and listened intently to Lette describe the loss of towns and villages. Alec thinks for a moment and then leans back "If there is a great horde on it's way it will not move tonight, if it is going to storm, so there is little work to be done. If it is not a horde then I have no help to offer in what could be coming. I've only encountered small groups of dågons on the road and none of them appeared to be organized. Then again, I have come far."

Alec leans back in his chair, speaking slowly "If we are going so late in the day then tonight we should rise our own mettle and celebrate at least what we have done. Then we will be ready should our journey be long and dangerous. Unless of course, there are other tasks that you need of us." Alec pauses for a beat.

"However, K-Lord Roland, I do have a question. How do you plan on defeating this? Through just men? I do not think that just men and allies will be enough. We will need something or even a way to stop all of these Spirits returning." Alec tried to remain stoic... maybe just maybe the Lord would reveal some key that he himself could learn, or plan.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec leans back and thinks it over a bit. "Well we would be traveling to a place we don't know of yet, and we have no idea if and when the scouts will return. If it is needed I can go tonight, but I think it would be best to go during the day to prevent them from ambushing again. At night in a storm, they would not need bait." Alec considers the other option after saying this and leans back in his chair. "We can't hope to rescue people if we ourselves are in trouble, no?"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec looked down at his free hand and stretched it "Well if it is decided, I will shop for a stout hunting bow. If this Queen wishes to play like a child or weakling, I will not give them the advantage again. Also it will help catch prey if we are out for more than a week." Alec rose slowly and turned before following out "K... Lord Roland, it has been an Honor. I would feel honor bound to add that I would not go and barter with the Spirit Talkers, or Priests as you call them. It would do you no good to turn to one Spirit to stop another."

Alec feeling he had fulfilled his need to council one who would go against the sagas, headed toward the market place to find a bow and arrows.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec had just nodded and kept mostly quiet through the exchange, while the others shopped he watched the people and tended to have a hard time keeping up. These curious artisans, seemed more interested on attracting attention than showing their goods it seemed to Alec. How would people know which one is crafted the best? He asked himself as he stared at them. Alec appeared very interested in the talk of a journal and kept his ear open for when they talked about it. He thought back to the ritzen that he had scribed upon the wood and wondered if the journals had a similar purpose.

Upon hearing the talk of names Alec interjects "Any word has power if said right, Names, just call upon the ancestors to tell your story. It is why I looked at your scrolls and boohcs and was surprised how lifeless they are. On the mashed reeds they have no life. Doran, Son of Gepidi, he understands the power of the rizten, etching them in flame and light like he does. Spoken words, for some can hold more power than any marking on wood or reeds." Alec ends and walks along looking for a Bow Crafter, trying to focus himself.

Alec considered that having Lette with him might be quite good. Alec might not have been as intelligent as some but he was smart enough to understand that almost every dealer tried to cheat him in some way. At first he was confused, until he watched closely and had learned more of the language of them. Lette was one of these people and thus would know what a true artesian would need for his goods.

Alec turned and looked at the food, most of these things were strange and had slightly sweet scents. Alec considered it foolish to even consider eating from these streets, a feast should be sat down and talked over, tales sung and glories relived. Not just gotten so meagerly and without meaning as it was here.

Thinking on that again, Alec added "Aye, it is a bit dangerous for desperate Farmers,but not such as us. We should all have a feast tonight. Food and Cheer should be enough to carry us through this next task. We will be out early tomorrow so only food should be there. It is important though to celebrate the blooding of two new warriors!" Alec claps Lor'el and Lette on the shoulder proudly. "Next battle I am sure you will be able to celebrate your first kill."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec laughs at the discussion and claps Lor'el on his shoulder again this time harder. "Believe me, it is hard enough when you have a large family. Maybe, you are the smarter ones, after all it is better than having too many." Alec whistles and smiles,trying to place too many nieces and nephews for him to remember. Then with a wince, he remembered his mother wanting grandchildren. "Ha! Like any woman of worth would give up glory this young to bear a child. What am I a Farmer?!" Alec thought to himself before continuing with Lor'el.

"Listen Lor'el, I'm sure on your quest, you will find something to help. After all what better than to save your people! Imagine the songs you will have woven of you! I have no clue how you could increase your herd, I am no Healer." Alec continued unembarrassed.

Alec has a sudden thought that he could try, but remembering the Healers command, restrains himself... for now. "Later, when I can rest, I would like to see your stones to throw, Lor'El. I think I may have a use for one or two."

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 26, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec looks aghast "We would be celebrating the deeds not the dead! The dead have their own to greet them and care for them." Alec thought the woman is good to be wary of the dead spirits, but he had never heard of them doing anything but speaking to seers. He thought to himself that maybe Isit was consumed with her own Spirits more than any other spirits.

Alec looked a bit vague for once "Lor'el, I wish to see if I may use them to trick our next enemies, it is a simple matter, but takes some strength."

"Bows are used for children, for hunting and learning. I know some, not as much as a true Warrior of the Bow. It should suffice if we are need of it, or to hunt. It would be good to have it." Alec continued thoughtlessly to present company.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 26, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherus

Alec looks at the weapons with curiosity and picks a full sized bow and tests the string and the curve.

Though hardly an expert on bows, he had maintained his own for most of his childhood. A wave of nostalgia came over him as he remembered his first bow when he was just eight summers old, barely able to pull the string back he had practiced under the care of his parents.

Alec seemed satisfied with it, but put it down to examine a shoulder quiver, testing it, he liked how light weight it was and it would be able to fit along with his pack. He as looked at a few throwing daggers and considered them carefully how they were weighed in his hand.

Alec circled the stand slowly and wondered if the artesian would try to haggle with him as they had called it again. Alec was not good at it, and feared he would try to increase the price.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci - Market

Alec hears Lor'El and it breaks his spell on the weapons "Yes, I will show you. I think weapons thrown might be useful as well, but these will be for you Lor'El, we will see if I can summon the strength." Alec walks back to the weapons and paces slightly not sure what he will do with his limited gold coins these peoples use.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec leans over to Lette and whispers in her ear "This merchant likes you I think, I would be indebted if you would buy a regular bow for me. I of course would pay for it if you need the money." Alec steps back and starts looking at throwing daggers, and testing their weight in his hands.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec watches Lette buy the Bows and Arrows, he moves after her and points to a shoulder quiver. "I will take that and 3 arrows." Alec hands over 19 coins and uses his utility knife to cut about 2/10s from another coin to give to the shop keeper. Taking these with him, he follows Lette to the back of the shop and gives her 116 gold coins and uses the broken coin by cutting it to the half. He gives this to Lette and whispers his thanks lest the Artesian feel cheated by their comradeship.

Alec uses 19.2 coins to buy
1 shoulder quiver
3 arrows

Alec then gives Lette 116.3 gold to pay her back and obtains
1 Regular Bow
3 Arrows

141 Gold start:

5.5 Gold Remaining

• Locked thread