Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec thanked Lette again and then watched as Isit talked to the Artesian. Turning to Lor'El and Lette, Alec says "I think that I will look for the Lore Keeper of this town and ask him a question. I am not sure where that would be, but I will try the Tavern first unless either of you have met one in your stay?" Alec looks questioning at both of them itching at his bandaged arm absent-mindlessly.

Alec hefts his bow and quiver with his one hand over his shoulder and looks at the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec looks somewhat down hearted, does this mean that there are no Lore Keepers in this crazy place as well!? Alec tried again though and with care started to describe it lest it had another name. "What a Lore Keeper knows is the sagas or songs of the people and finds such things and keeps it. He does this so that if it is needed, the gifts of the ancestors are not lost. He would know secrets that might help my people or everyone. I know not what it would be called in your language."

Alec shifted his weight from one side to the next as though he was dodging some greater issue, though not with words.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci - Market of Despair

Alec spoke to Lor'el "I am looking for something to stop the horde." then he added mostly in reply to Isit "I do not take much stock in superstitions, but rather, the past."

Alec Cherusci - Tavern of Information

Alec nodded to each of them and then walked out, letting them get on with their shopping. Alec walked toward the tavern that he had met the others and nodded to the Tavern Keeper. "I am wondering if you might know of a Lor- I mean, a man who knows of the long past, and can tell me some things that might have been forgotten. Do you know anyone like that?"

I'd like to try diplomacy 9 with carousing 12 (since i have been there before and partied) to try to get some information from the bartender.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 28, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci - Tavern of Mystery

Alec listens to Lette and since she had been so helpful in the shop and getting into Lord Roland's Hall, Alec listened intently and spoke again "Like a una-vur-city or a His-Tor-ien?" to the Tavern Keeper. He tries to pronounce the strange words in his tongue and hopefully move forward with something that will help his quest.

I'd like to try diplomacy 9 with carousing 12 (since i have been there before and partied) to try to get some information from the bartender with this new found clarity.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 28, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci - Tavern of Ill Repute

Alec nods to Lette, so far she has been very helpful. She will make a fine Warrior yet, though she might have to harden her heart more than she imagines. He looks very intently at the Tavern Keeper waiting for him to reply.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 28, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec is unfettered by the lack of help and instead thanks Lette and walks out quickly, he decides it must be because of his appearance and try to act less jovial and more serious.

Alec walks out of the tavern quickly, having tried to find out, and walks quickly to the "Palace" and enters. Alec quickly asks the Hallsman "Does this Hall have a His-Tor-Ian?" Alec stands rather looking horrific with blood stained clothing and a bandaged arm, his bow and quiver over his good arm and his intense stare at the man rather unnerving.

rolling some diplomacy 9 or something to get me some HIStory.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec signs as he walks away from the "Palace" as the guards had called it, frustrated but fairly accustomed to it. His search had been such the many towns before, though he was sure now he had the right words for it. This would be a Boon that would spur his quest forward. Alec did not look forward to being in dusty library reading old scrolls, but it is what he figured would give him some guidance on his larger quest.

Alec trotted down into the Tavern examining his navel more than anything else around him. He figured though he had been rebuffed, maybe something about this city's history would give him information on why it had survived the chaos better than others and maybe why the army of monsters was approaching. He would do so when he returned from his next mission, he thought with resolve.

Alec walked up to the bartender and motioned him forward "Hail again, but now my comrades and I will be having a feast, lots of food for six of us!" Alec holds up his fingers for the count of people "I just wanted to prepare you, of course we will give you want you need for it." Alec tries to speak plainly as this tavern keeper was harder to understand than most. Alec then walks over the a main bench and claims it for the group waiting for more people to come as he thinks on his current dilemma and his task.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec leaned in his seat and waited only drinking a little water from his waterskin before seeing Isit come and sit down in an odd position looking over his shoulder. "I did find a His-Tor-Ien, but he did not have what I needed, at least they thought so. I will find him again and find out the story of this town itself, it may hold clues."

As Alec sits and drinks slowly, he listens to Isit finish and then replies very carefully. "With Sagas and stories, you can find some things thought lost. Some direction to head, doing so has led me here, though sometimes, it was on the floor of deserted burned towns. If we knew were our enemy would attack or what they had done before, we can over come them. I was taught this from time of a child. I do not know why I was when the other warriors were not, but it is not important. How would you know were to send your arrow if you do not know your foe?"

Alec takes a sip and then continues" As for running... I would not run, and I do not know what "bee-sek-or" means, but I am not fool. If we must retreat we must retreat, we do not run like Farmers or Children. Swords toward the enemy not our backs."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec nods "It is something that no one has done for a very long time, and something that has not been seen for the same amount." Alec shrugs as if that was a reply to the question.

Alec smiles "What greater glory is there but to die fighting? It is a great honor. When I took that wound if I had not been here with the Healer, I would have fallen, thus I made my life worthwhile, as much as I could. I was hoping that I could fell the leader and thus allow you some relief, alas my aim was false."

Alec takes a moment and considers what you say about sneaking around. "This is not a normal battle, we fight Wolves and Liars, so it would only be dishonorable, if we were to run from cowardice not to only return to give the King, the means to send us back into the fray. That is what I believe, it is not dishonorable to follow orders in battle even if they may seem... less than personal honor desires."

Alec finishes a drink from his waterskin and then continues "Cherus, is my ForeFather, I pray to no "God" I only follow his example. If I die honorably in battle, then I might have the pleasure to spend death in his Great Hall. I would never bow to a Spirit, I have seen many here that do, and the good that does them no? What would you gain not doing it with your own hands?" Alec stops feeling he has told her of the way to live as much as anyone should, without risking offense.

Alec looks at the wine and nods "Yes, but here it tastes strange, we have it sweeter and much stronger. Now, I cannot buy any, but it is enjoyable enough."

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 29, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec nodded and waved to Lor'El as he came into view, Alec looked intently at the map. "Evening both of you, surely we will feast and celebrate before we go out again!" Alec, studies the map and takes out his wooden plank and with great effort starts etching into it several markings and a brief map to it with his knife. "This will be of great use if we are lost."

Alec pauses to see Marten come into view and waves with his hand "Hail, Marten, we were just talking about this map, though we have not started really until we are all here." Alec drinks from his wineskin again, it looks almost empty, and he puts it down again.

Alec looks up as if remembering something "Lor'El, do you have some of your stones with you? I would like to see them for a while. Though I do not know how much I can do with my wound." Alec holds out his hand eagerly waiting for the sling stones.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec takes another drink from his waterskin and then with smile puts all the stones down on the table. He takes up one Stone and starts chanting in verse for a few moments. Alec focuses very closely on his hand as he does, the rest of the din of the Tavern fades away.

"Weß gefa ljós þitt"

The Stone in his hand starts glowing and pulsing with light first very dim. Pulsing from glowing to not.

"Einn eyri af birtustigi þitt"

The Stone gets brighter and starts to light up the room in flashes becoming more frequent.

"Til að berjast gegn myrkrinu"

The Stone starts flashing even brighter, till it is almost painful to see, though it has been only a few seconds at most, Alec cups his hand around it and it seems to glow with extremely bright light.

Going to cast Continual Light 13 on a sling stone for 6 fp (painful to look at bright), whether I succeed or not, I will rest 30 minutes to recover all the FP before doing anything else, beyond talking and eating, etc.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec stops chanting and turns to Lor'El and smiles "Now, if we are against bowmen, you can toss these in front of us to use against them. It won't hurt them but it will make it harder to hit us. I will do a few more tonight, they last for two days at most. I will hide them in my pouch and give them to you in the morning."

Alec smiles and sits down, waiting for Lette and Doran to come to the table and join them. Drinking a little water from his waterskin.

holding until I can do the math on uses more clearly

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 30, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec looks at the stone and is rather fatigued by the effort, since it took so much out of him to do it in his weakened state, Alec leans against the chair and shrugs, putting the bright stone in his pouch and moving the other stones next to Lor'El. Alec spends much of the conversation just eating slowly and thinking over the map. It wasn't until he word mage that he seemed to come back into focus enough to clearly talk.

"It does not matter, with my wounds, I am too weak to do more. If it of no use then I will simply keep this one till it no longer glows. As for going against a Mage, can we combat him? I have never fought a mage at all." Alec looked over the map and cringed, the flat lands he was not use to, rather the woodlands of his home. "If we want to avoid them, we would need to get out of these flat plains as fast as possible. In the forest, we can hide, or fight properly."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec looks at the note and then looks at the man, and starts to get up. Alec whispers to the rest of you "What service does he think we will do for him by being so forward? Helvíti úlfur og fjandanum of Hell what is wrong with these people?! They aren't even safe in their own Halls?"

Alec sits back down and looks rather cross at the implication and almost insulted by the idea of a traitor against such a basic threat. This was something all children were told about and trained to fight! What in Hel would cause others to be traitors to their own people against such a dark scourge?

Alec shook his head and drank from his waterskin again and looked at the beer, wondering on the message.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Being from a culture that regarded traitors as the worst mark against one's honor. Alec simply shrugged, this manner of intrigue only lowered his opinion of this part of the world. At least his people knew enough to fight together against such dangerous and worthless foe.

The matter resolved in his mind, Alec calmly started eating and drinking a bit. Though this food had not cost him, he knew that the man would require a service for it, or they were helping him in some way. "Daggers are a strange weapon, but not common that I have seen. We mainly are attacked by tribes of Son's of Rugii. They prefer coarse Axes and tools to fight with. Sometimes, other tribes of Man things. Not real Men of course, but savage and did not understand words."

Continuing on, Alec looks at Lor'El very curiously as he ate "Only Men? That must get old, Women make things much more interesting. Very good at training, you don't dare make a wrong move." Alec shuttered. "However, the games after? Well worth it." Alec nudges Lor'El and drinks from his beer.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

It took only a second for Alec to see what Lor'El was trying to do, he clinked the mug next to Lor'El raised it and drank deeply from the mug. Then he put it down and began to eat more, laughing at the rather unsubtle implication.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

After drinking, Alec settled down to eating and mostly talking in hushed tones to Lor'El about things. Upon hearing Lette ask about the knives Alec smiled and added "Knives, suffer cause they are weapons that lack reach. If you right in front of the person then you can just go cut. But when fighting a sword, or spear then you feel very out matched. Marten, has quite the different sort than I have seen. I cannot fault a warrior for his weapons, only his skill or honor."

With a flourish, Alec drains his cup and finishes, "Of course, most only use knives if they are desperate. I once was going after a pair of Rugits, had tried to have a go at one of the Farm Maidens. They didn't know the value of Weßenstedt maidens until I found them limping away, and there was nothing wrong with their legs, if you know the song. Good tough Lass, I think she became a Warrior."

With a sigh, Alec leans back and eats eagerly just letting himself enjoy the moment. He turns to Lor'El and smiles "Come, come, you must have some tales yourself!"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

A wave of nostalgia hit Alec and he continued despite being the only one to truly enjoying himself. "Well, it a fine thing to have a first battle you can walk away from. Not everyone does, and you might have not today. Best to celebrate what did happen and not worry about what might! Come, Come we should have songs and stories, not worries and what ifs. I'm sure that you have many tales of your people, and many things to tell us strangers to you."

With smiles and nods Alec says, "It might be the first time your spear tip has tasted blood in war, but I'm sure you have other things to celebrate, of course, no need to go through every first." Alec winked and nudged Lor'El. Trying to loosen up the faun to open up a bit.

Not as drunk or as obtuse as he might appear, Alec feared that he would be the only one to actually feast tonight. Lor'El might even go to his room with that pretty barmaid he kept looking at, Alec thought with a large smile. Not his type, but then some 'Fauns' Alec thought to the words others had used, still were part Man and still had wants.

It had occurred him that Lor'El might be more inexperienced than he let on, but Alec was no one to call someone on something like that. He was sure, that with his music he could entice whomever he wanted to, if he desired. Alec hoped that before going on this trip that he would square away all such things before the others.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

With a large laugh, the large blond haired barbarian takes his own mug again and drinks deeply as if it salute a good story. "Well, you are much kinder than women of my people, only the Leg? The Man was lucky!" Alec returns to eating a bit, purposefully keeping more sober than he appears.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec nods to Lor'El and says "Yes, of course we do, I will sing some later after you if you want." Alec starts eating a bit more gingerly, it was starting to relax the new warriors, like they needed to be. Couldn't have them freezing up and getting killed needlessly. Things are looking up Alec thought with some certainly.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Leaning back in his wooden chair he watches the new music starting and begins to feel a bit tired, his arm starting to bother him, not with pain but rather with a tingling sensation. Alec started to eat again, though he was taller than most of the people around him, he managed slump enough to be at everyone else's eye level. Alec could clearly see the rather paranoid eyes around him. He was very unconcerned about traitors since he had nothing to hide and no one around these parts considered him anything more than a oxen to carry heavy things, and not think. Alec feeling full and quite satisfied with drink slowly starts to dose with the music. Like everything he did, he fought the fatigue like a stubborn warrior. Alec waits to the end of the music before, excusing himself, saying simply "Today has been a bit much for me, I'm going sleep, so I can get my arm actually working in the morning." Alec walked up to the counter to the Tavern Keeper, "The meal was excellent, please give this to the maidens and the cook" and he deposits 5 gold into the Tavern Keeper's hand. With a bit of a exaggerated stumble he walks up to his small room.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Sleep had come easily for Alec it had been a hard fought day and it was going to be an even longer tomorrow. As he stared at the ceiling, his scarred and bandaged body embracing sleep like a stone drifting into the dark water of the sea. The darkness envelopes him, and there is a brief flash of light before fading from memory.

It was still dark when Alec woke, after all, he had things he needed to do and only have half the hands to do it. After grabbing fresh water from the well and cleaning himself throughly, Alec looked at his new scar, welcome among the others, though a much nastier gash than he would have liked. His arms and chest covered with various marks and old wounds. Alec thoughtfully pulled at his beard while he looked them over in the polished metal mirror. When he had two hands, he decided he would have to prepare for war, despite the rather high cost to himself personally.

Without hesitation Alec started his daily rituals, first by cleaning and oiling of his sword and spear. Then after a careful examination, he sharpened of both to keep them deadly. Moving on he cleaned and inspected all of the leather from his helm to his shield hand hold, oiling and making sure it was ready to do proper work. He moved on to the chain mail, making sure that the rings were in proper place, and it was solid and ready to turn a sword, or spear tip. He was satisfied that they would do, and were ready for battle.

Alec looked at his jerkin from yesterday and quietly cursed his wound, as it tore quite a long gash in it. Alec started cleaning it and his other clothes very throughly and carefully. The blood soon faded into more of a light stain then the bright red mark it was before. With a bit more effort and slow work he managed to almost completely remove the mark, with only his one hand, it was slow going.

Alec using his fish hooks and line, sewed it very slowly and awkwardly with only one hand. Examining the ragged stitches up the side of his jerkin he was satisfied and stowed the bone hook and line. It was not his best work, but it was better than having a torn jerkin for the day.

Moving on to his new equipment he, he checked the arrows and bow, testing and stringing the bow testing it. though he could not test it completely, using his hand and foot he was able to at least be satisfied it would not fail on him. He began to fill his quiver with the arrows, checking each one that it was true.

Finally these starting tasks done, he moved on to the more cerebral practices as his arm was not able to do the physical ones. Alec practiced saying his oaths, and the secret words to his spells, not doing anything to bring forth any effect, but enough to practice and reinforce his knowledge of them. Concentrating, he didn't even notice the knock on the door as he practiced his various songs. He kept at it until the sun began to light the sky.

Alec started packing his gear, inspecting each item to make sure it was in it's place and most of all, of use. With this he had completed most of the morning rituals he always had, though without his arm, he could not practice the more physical ones now. He headed down the stairs with an urgency only nodding to Isit at the table as he passed, speaking quickly "Good Morning!Without two hands I am late today, I am going to the Healer now, I will return soon."

Alec walked down to the Healer and knocked on the door expectantly, with the sun barely starting to peek above the horizon, he expected them to be ready and waiting to start the day, Alec was behind schedule now. The solid wooden door shook as he knocked on it again, Alec impatiently waited.

getting mah healing poo poo done and out of the way, then I can finish up when I have two hands

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Apr 3, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

It was good to have his hand back, he flexed his hand and tested every finger. He rolled his shoulder and stretched his stiff arm. Though it felt tight it was better than it being worthless. Alec went to the back of the inn, amongst the firewood and the smoky fire stack off the beaten track and away from the crowd of people.

With a grunt he lowered his pack to the ground and started stretching and slowly doing his exercises, various movements from rolls to hand stands. Without hesitation he moved into taking out and sheathing his sword and shield, bringing the sword up quickly into strike forms directly from his sheath. Satisfied with it, he sheaths his sword and bring ups his spear going through the various attack forms, with shield and without. Finally, he brings up his bow and with training since childhood, string it and pull it back, practicing taking an arrow from his quiver to the bow string and back in one quick motion.

Finally after 30 minutes of ritualized practice, Alec sighs and comes to the part he was dreading most. Without regret, Alec gathered his things, and went up into his inn room, nodding to the mostly assembled crowd. "Almost done, be back soon." He waved to them with a small smile and nod to the barmaid as he went up the stairs to his room.

Running up to his small and sparse room, he gazed into the mirror at his beard and longhair. Alec stared in the mirror and appraised his long flowing hair and long beard. Though he prided himself with these, he knew what would have to come. He was no longer just traveling, it was time for war, he would not be able to keep it up if this journey lasted as long as he thought.

His sharp knife slid out of it's sheath and flickered with the flame of the candle in the room. With some regret he cut his beard enough to leave it's presence but greatly trimmed. Finally it came to his biggest dread, his long blond hair, with a bit of a sawing action he cut it just below his ears. He shook his hair using the bronze mirror in his room to make sure it was cut about consistent around his head. Now, Alec decided he was ready for his journey, and breakfast.

With a nod he locked his room with a key, leaving most of his equipment other than a few essentials in his room. Coming down the stairs in just his jerkin, he waved to everyone and sat down. His roughly cut hair, and rough thin beard contrasting with his faded green jerkin, only his broadsword on hip complimented his war like nature. "Finally, now to start the day." Alec added to the conversation without listening first. He took a sip from his waterskin and motioned to the bar maid asking "How much meat can I get for half a gold piece."

Now that I've spelled out the things done for the honor code item, all of this except the hair cutting will be just called "Alec's daily routine" unless specifically noted as not done or added to.
tl;dr version

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 3, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec shrugged "It is time for war, it is to be done. Less chance for someone to tug or grab you, that is what I always thought. It is possible that the strange people of this land might actually take me seriously, but that is a danger worth taking." Alec sneered in contempt of his treatment yesterday.

When the barmaid brought the smaller portion of meat than the others, Alec attacked it quite hungrily, finishing it faster than manners would dictate, but slow enough to not be disgusting. Alec took another swig from his waterskin emptying it of all it's clean water.

Alec was about to start a chant... but remembering the trouble it caused he paused and instead slung it over his shoulder. Taking out his piece of wood, he carved in a few ritzen about reminding to fill water in his room, and to not trust the people of the South, in memory of the note he was given.

Alec looked over to Isit and said as carefully as he could "So is practice is going to go till noon? I wouldn't want to miss the... show. I would be looking into some... business before I go, I'm sure it would not take that long." He smiled, thinking that this minor discretion would at least calm the odd tree - 'êlf" Alec thought correcting himself.

Alec was sure that the "historion", would know why this place is special. There had to be some reason it was so fought over. It might be as simple that this is the only place that can fight back, but Alec was not willing to take the chance. Their Sagas must contain SOMETHING he thought determinedly.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 4, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec looks to Lor'El "Might I borrow some leaves and a feather. I must have a note sent to King Roland, and I know they will not take normal ritzen seriously." Hopefully, with a note, and permission he could meet this historion if he could not do it in person today, it would be when he returned.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

"What Lor'El bought yesterday, you know... things to put words down on. I want to make a note for King Roland." Alec stated somewhat sedated.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

"Let me try it, after all it is rare I get to write in these words." Alec takes up the quill and writes a short note, pausing briefly to think at times and then continuing with his laborious and slow script. Finally, he shows Lor'El the note, which says "Lord Roland, I honorably request to see the records of the past. I tried to yesterday, but was denied. Thank you, Alec of Cheruscisten" Alec looks to Lor'El and asks quickly "Does that suffice?"

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 4, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

With a shrug Alec adds "I do not see what they would make of it. A errand boy would be less... noticed than going personally. It is just a simple request." He honestly wasn't sure that anyone would make something of a strange request, Alec himself had been trying in person for a day to get access to them. If anything, this was more wolfen than what he had tried before.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

With a nod, Alec gets up "I going to go to the palace and deliver this, it will take but a second." Walking out of the door, he is able to make his way through the crowd and to the Palace. This time with clean clothes and cut hair, he approaches and says as carefully as he can, trying to mask his accent "Message for the Lord!" Alec's attempted mimicry is based on how the others addressed the King, and hopefully would get better results than before.

okay going to try this again, this time to give it to someone to give the lord a message, if it is needed, Diplomacy 9

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec claps his hands with the note in it around the outstretched hand "Do it urgently, if you don't this could be the fall of Noah. I go now to stem the tide." Alec rushes off nodding to group as he does, now it was time to go to War.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

musical accompaniment

With a brisk jog he goes into the tavern, slipping through people as fast as he can. He takes the stairs up two at time, and goes into his room. It was finally time, and he was not going to be late.

cinematic full motion video posted:

The chain shirt flies over his lean torso and is strapped into place.

His quiver slips over his shoulders and into place, he tightens the buckles tight.

His shield falls into place at his back, a quick release tie to it.

The pack comes down in the center, and is tugged tight and snug.

The Quiver is filled with arrows one by one.

The spear stands straight in his hand.

Alec emerges from the Tavern changed.

Alec says as a wind tugs at his hair "I am ready."

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 5, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

With a fresh face and a grin Alec walks over to Isit and the others. "I assume we will be traveling by both day and night then?" He was not looking forward to another three days of no sleep, but such is the life of a Warrior.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec laughs loudly "Say that to the person on watch. I will wear this hood if need be." Alec wears the hood and stands bolt upright towering a good head over everyone else in the party. His spear in his hands securely.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 6, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Trying to do what Isit suggested, Alec attempts to stoop enough to match the others height, but doesn't quite do it. It instead serves to make his athletic build more bulky under the cloak. As for the spear, Alec isn't sure how to stow it, without cutting himself or being obvious. Taking some cloth Alec wraps the tip of the spear and holds right under the steel along the wood staff as a walking stick. Alec isn't sure that Isit has been to war often, he can't remember a march or a battle were sleep was something that came easily or often, but she seemed to know how to sneak.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

From a culture where Honor and Pride is the only currency that someone of his status needs, the idea of stooping his shoulders in shame seems almost insane. Alec in his many travels from his northern homeland has had to take many new ways of doing things to keep alive, and with a sigh, he decides that it is not dishonorable to Appear disgraced. Alec imagines letting down all his friends and family, and instead being a lawless honor-less slug without history or purpose. His shoulders do droop, but have the added effect of making him hang is hand and brace his spear as if it was a cane. Alec looks more like a beaten old man than a warrior now in his cloak.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec waved to move on, feeling quite bad. Alec was starting to move slower, normally not taken to sadness, he found it hard to dwell in it as he saw this experience. This is what it must be like to take up the hearth and family having earned no glory and no one to share it with Alec decided. The experience started spurring him to getting over a few things, and finding a nice war maiden again. Granted, he still had scars from the first, but he is no longer 16 summers old.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Finally, he was out of the crowded and rushed town. His spear now attached to his pack on his back, he walked along the cloak having made him hot in the sun he drank all of his water left already. Alec was not concerned with this, as he could always make more, however he kept his cloak on for the moment.

Alec was not well trained in the ways of subterfuge in fact his culture didn't even have a real word for a "spy" only a Betrayer. All this was new to him, but he had hidden from beasts when it was required before, so he just viewed it as hiding from men beasts. His hood up, he mostly just enjoyed the scenery and the weight on his back, it was good to be moving again. Alec had lighted his pack by placing his tent on the mule. Other than that, he kept everything on his back, after all it was what he would need to survive in this strange land.

Alec had been watching the stalks of corn sway in the wind and enjoy the rather quiet moment when he heard Lette yell out of a dågon. Alec looked around him and saw nothing but then checked the sky and saw a black dot and he blurted out "Thats not a Frost Wurm, what on earth!"

He knew that they were cowardly things for the most part, killing the cattle and sometimes lone farm steads, but it took a full war party to take one on, and they certainly where not one. Without hesitation Alec dropped the ground and started covering himself, the cloak and fallen stalks of corn and corn husks helping to disguise his presence he hoped.

As he continued he said "What do the Black Wurms do? I've only seen the white ones, we might lose our mule, someone get the packs off it!" Alec being in front of the mule looked back helplessly and hoped the Wurm would not carry it off.

using Camouflage 10 to try to hide myself, and will do so for at least 2 attempts, also if the mule is close enough to me, start undoing the saddle packs, I assumed that Martin has it.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec without a thought stops cutting sacks loose and instead just outright breaks and runs away from the mule. Though unsure if he was able to actually get any packs off the mule in time, he knew that they would be looking for an easy meal. "It's incoming!" Alec blurts out as he grunts in effort to move out of the way of the fast moving Dågon. "It might go for the easy meal, get out of the way!" Alec continues as he tries to get away from what he is sure will become a dead mule.

moving far away from the mule as possible, don't know if there are any rolls I need to make for it or not.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Apr 9, 2012

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec lies in the grass for a bit and watches over head, before slowly rising. "You have strange Wurms in your land." With a shrug he starts reconnecting the packs to the mule and ensuring they won't fall, ready to go on traveling. After he is sure everything is in place, he checks his own gear to make sure nothing is missing. After all, throwing yourself on the ground with a pack could mean things are knocked off.

After gathering anything that fell and making sure everything is securely attached still, Alec starts chanting and looking at his waterskin.

"Weß, kalla ég út til þín í neyð,
Ég þarf að hafa vatn að drekka,
Þó ég samboðið,
sonur Cherus þarf þig!"

Alec checks all his gear and all the gear on the mule, then casts Create Water (13) on his waterskin. (2 fp)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec watches very satisfied as the water skin instantly fills full of water. Having already cast the spell, he nods to Dolan, Son of Gepidi "Yes, this cloak is too hot for a day like this, I will ration the water carefully." Stowing the cloak on the mule, Alec enjoys the fresh air against his hot skin, it was going to be a pleasant walk, though he is not relaxed. His eyes searched the sky and fields as if another dragon would appear at any moment. Alec continued along the way, assuring the others that he was fine.

The Frost Wurms had come upon the end of the Age of Darkness, and they had been very ruthless, targeting the outlying farms and cattle. For the town of Cheruscisten, it meant that someone would starve against the onslaught of the Jötunn, the Frost Giants. They could be killed, but many Warriors died trying to stay their insatiable hunger. With a grim determination, he was very aware that the Wurms tended to hunt in the same area time after time, and thus kept one eye on the fields and another in the sky.

These Black Wurms were strange, the very sweet woodsy scent had overcome him as the Wurm passed over, something he had never smelled before. It was clear there was something different about this Wurm, Alec did not know what, yet. He spent much of the journey in quiet contemplation watching the fields and skies so the slow march of the day.

With a bit of startle, Alec says "Look at this trial, a lad of a few summers could follow it! I wonder why." He let the words trail off, it seemed very odd that the trail be so clearly marked, unless they were expecting them. This could be bad, but there was no way to tell without just moving forward.

When they finally reached the fork in the road at dusk, the trail suddenly vanished, giving Alec a strange feeling that he felt before. Why would the trail so suddenly disappear? if they were so wounded to make such a ruckus before why stop now. Alec cast aside the suspicions and instead focused on the task at hand.

"Camping now would make sense, though without a fire we might attract many Beasts looking for meat. I will take the Second Night Watch." With that, Alec carefully lowers his pack to the ground and gathers his tent from the mule. He would use the packed tent to prop some of the bedding he would gather to give him a place to sit. First Alec checks slowly for any animal burrows or insect mounts moving the corn husks with his spear. Satisfied with his spot he starts gathering what he can giving his bedding some extra padding and camouflage.

Alec takes a quick bite to eat and finishes the rations with a mouthful of water. The cured meat and hard bread go down rather harshly, but fill his stomach adequately. While eating he lines up his equipment as he always does to make sure should he need to grab them they will be within arms reach. "I will see you this early morrow." Alec lays down in bed and slowly goes to sleep in the darkening dusk.

using Camo (10) on my bed and pack stuffs, to try to avoid getting ganked, Survival(woodlands) 10 to set everything up if needed.

• Locked thread