Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

ultrafilter posted:

Abortion Stops a Beating
Holy poo poo, I feel horrible for laughing at this as much as I am. I am definitely going to hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

AFewBricksShy posted:

Holy poo poo, I feel horrible for laughing at this as much as I am. I am definitely going to hell.

I had pretty much the same reaction.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

ultrafilter posted:

Abortion Stops a Beating

I thought this was brand new at first. Otherwise how could I never have heard of it? It's one of the perfect headlines because it's that classic onion soup of Pithy + Brilliant + God I Wish I Had Thought Of That

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Barehanded Brother posted:

I can't believe this one hasn't been posted yet. So many people fell for this on Facebook because they've never actually watched C-Span before:

http://www.theonion.com/video/proposed-classified-bill-will-defend-against-flesh,14175/

*the rest of this post is classified*

The very first O-SPAN video: O-SPAN: Live From Congress - The Skull loving Bill Of 2007

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
One more classic video: Newsroom: Ninja Parade Slips By Town Unnoticed Once Again

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

loving :lol:
Obama Launches More Realistic 'I Have Big Ideas But We'll See How It Goes' Campaign Slogan

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.

Toad King posted:

Bro, You're A God Among Bros

The staggering number of puns gets me every time.

Bonus article reading

I get the feeling they took this one and ran with it just to get puns out of their system for a while. I was able to keep a straight face right up until "Broseidon, lord of the brocean."

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Idiot Kicker posted:

I love this, and pretty much all other, infographics.
About Bil Keane's death
In the same vein...

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

New autistic reporter story: Four American Troops Tragically Killed Along With 23 Afghanis

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
Someone already posted Jurisprudence Fetishist Gets Off On Technicality which is the cleverest thing I have ever read, but I also quite like War On String May Be Unwinnable, Says Cat General.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

It's a testament to the quality of their humor that they still exist, despite the ad-crippled and impossible to search or navigate website. I can't find my favorite: it's a weekender with a headline similar to: "Sentence fragment followed by a colon then a question: legitimate journalistic technique?"

Numb Three Ers
Jul 7, 2007
What do you mean it's pronouced "numbers"?

Mescal posted:

It's a testament to the quality of their humor that they still exist, despite the ad-crippled and impossible to search or navigate website. I can't find my favorite: it's a weekender with a headline similar to: "Sentence fragment followed by a colon then a question: legitimate journalistic technique?"

This one?

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Numb Three Ers posted:

This one?

YES. This here is the essence of pithy media criticism.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Today A Shoulders And Triceps Day, Area Man Reveals 14 Seconds Into Conversation

Vivek
Jun 27, 2007

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUT8ec24anM

The comedic timing on this one is impeccable.

So glad someone posted this, this is my favorite thing to ever come out of The Onion.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
Everything involving Joad Cressbeckler is great.

Joad Cressbeckler: Homosexuality A Necessity On Cold Mountaintops

I also like National Dating Standards Lowered.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Lysidas posted:

Everything involving Joad Cressbeckler is great.

Joad Cressbeckler: Homosexuality A Necessity On Cold Mountaintops

Yes! I love the Joad Cressbeckler spots. The most recent one: Joad Cressbeckler Denies He Incited Mob To Drag Congressman Through Briar Patch.

I especially like the way his show makes fun of the idiotic segment branding on other cable news shows.

utada
Jun 6, 2006

I had the craziest dream last night. I was dancing the White Swan.
From High Unemployment Linked To Increasing Number Of Face Tattoos

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

http://www.theonion.com/articles/bill-gates-grants-self-18-dexterity-20-charisma,837/

It's hard for me to believe thats from 1997

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh

RentACop posted:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/bill-gates-grants-self-18-dexterity-20-charisma,837/

It's hard for me to believe thats from 1997

quote:

Gates is also rumored to be in possession of a bag of holding containing one terabyte of information, as well as over 100 billion gold and silver pieces.
Crazy how fast technology grows.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This one just showed up in a related videos search on youtube:

Software Indicates Missing Child Likely A Prostitute By Now

It's hilarious but my God I felt bad for laughing. The picture-in-picture reactions of the mother are great, and the line,"Please note the defining characteristic of the deep sadness in her eyes," is amazing.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Police Say School Shooter Had History of School Shootings

"He was always a bit unusual, but I never thought he'd do anything like this...again."

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Following Death Of Adam Yauch, Grieving China Frees Tibet

Rarely has too soon been done so well.

Dogcow
Jun 21, 2005

I'm Like A Chocoholic, But For Booze

Having The Onion in the mid 90s before it was national was probably the best thing about growing up in Milwaukee. Back then they often didn't even bother to lay it out properly so sometimes articles would just be padded out with "Passerby's were amazed by the large amounts of blood. Passerby's were amazed by the large amounts of blood." just repeated a hundred times, it was awesome.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
President Obama works out an agreement to have Republicans in Congress kick him in the balls in exchange for nothing.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

I love the stray comment about Obama's rhetoric after they "quote" him.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Dogcow posted:

I'm Like A Chocoholic, But For Booze

Having The Onion in the mid 90s before it was national was probably the best thing about growing up in Milwaukee. Back then they often didn't even bother to lay it out properly so sometimes articles would just be padded out with "Passerby's were amazed by the large amounts of blood. Passerby's were amazed by the large amounts of blood." just repeated a hundred times, it was awesome.

So that's why those lines are in all of the Onion books. I was wondering about that.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
Paula Deen Sponsors .05K Walk For Diabetes Research

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

There's a great related video link to Joe Biden trying to make American women hotter, with some pretty neat photoshops of "Diamond Joe" in it.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
One of my favorite recent videos: DNA Evidence Frees Black Man Convicted Of Bear Attack

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Numb Three Ers posted:

This one?

One of my favorites. Another classic Weekender headline:

Yehudis Basya
Jul 27, 2006

THE BEST HEADMISTRESS EVER
Many of the links posted are fantastic. The phrase "Good Cop Bad Cop Both Racist" might be my favorite. I've always been partial to:

Evangelical Scientists Refute Gravity With New 'Intelligent Falling' Theory

Dog Finds Absolutely Perfect Place to poo poo

Grad Student Deconstructs Take Out Menu

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Scientists Discover Gene Responsible For Eating Whole Goddamn Bag Of Chips

Child Earns Clock Radio For 78 Hours Of Work

Area Man Gets New Phone, Cardboard Box, Bubble Wrap, Polystyrene Blocks, Plastic Bag, Twist Ties

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
This new one is pretty funny:

Tens of Thousands Dead In Ongoing Africa

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
http://www.theonion.com/video/study-nearly-80-percent-of-roommates-got-so-drunk,14228/

Study shows nearly 80 percent of roommates got so drunk last night.

The best part is the reporter at the end " In other news, a poll shows Americans would vote for whichever candidate promises to kill the devil"

http://www.theonion.com/video/manufacturer-recalls-hollow-point-bullets-that-fai,14319/

Manufacturer recalls hollow point bullets that fail to explode inside targerts.

Pookum has a new favorite as of 01:55 on May 17, 2012

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Whoa, this was from the Onion? They talked about it on QI a little while ago.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
There`s this girl at my university who is constantly smiling, laughing, and playing songs on a stupid little ukulele. I thought I was a jerk for irrationally hating her, so I was glad to see I`m not the only one who hates really happy/friendly people: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd4tugPM83c&feature=relmfu

She says "cool beans" ALL THE TIME.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Another classic:
Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
Onion editorial cartoonist Stan Kelly gets a video of his own:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_aDIY8OJog