Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

My favorite is the Point/Counterpoint, If I See Doug, I'm Going To Kick His rear end vs. Apparently Doug Is A Better Fighter Than I Thought

Also, I Have An iPod - In My Mind and Interim Apple Chief Under Fire After Unveiling Grotesque New MacBook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Brother Jonathan posted:

A story in Politico led me to this Facebook post by Congressman John Fleming of Louisiana:

"The Onion's editor, Joe Randazzo, said the publication is proud to count Fleming as a reader. 'We're delighted to hear that Rep. Fleming is a regular reader of America's Finest News Source and doesn't bother himself with The New York Times, Washington Post, the mediums of television and radio, or any other lesser journalism outlets,' he said in a statement."

I remember, from another thread, about the "Planned Parenthood $8 Billion Dollar Abortionplex" story is a good measure of a person's beliefs on abortion. A pro-choice supporter will just laugh it off, but the story is just so unbelievable that it breaks an anti-abortionist's brain.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Oh, this is so good I had to share.

Comic-Con Once Again Marred By Increasingly Popular Bully-Con

A Bully-Con panel discussion featuring three bullying legends.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

DarkCrawler posted:

Derek is freaking hilarious.

I was hoping he would get laid with Frank, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I love the little "reader" comments that appear in relation to actual news stories in the sidebar.

Microsoft Announces First-Ever Quarterly Loss
“What they should do is use their immense size to box their smaller competitors out of the market. Have they tried that?”

The thing that finally got to me about the American Voices is that they updated them recently. I don't think I ever caught that before, but the photo for the "old white guy with the handlebar mustache" is a new one, because it's closer shot and he's wearing a gray blazer than a blue one. And the "blue-collar white guy" got upgraded to a business suit.

Speaking of which the Teamsters outed "blue-collar white guy" a few years ago, as an UPS delivery driver from when the Onion was still in Madison.

That said, I miss ":smug:-looking black businessman".

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Cuttlefish Party posted:

It is actually pretty bold and clever of The Onion to reimagine Huis Clos as a reality show.

You know, the thought has come to me that Sex House does take place in Hell. And with Jay and Tara not being able to do it, everyone avoids Alex's come-ons, while Frank and Erin, the least-likely of the contestants to have sex actually doing it and destroying their lives in the process, it does seem like Sartre's "Hell Is Other People".

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The American Voices on "Mutant Butterflies Found Near Fukushima" practically read my mind. There probably was no better way to end that article.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Tampa Bay Gay Prostitutes Gearing Up For Flood Of Closeted Republicans

Oh, Onion, never change :allears:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Farbtoner posted:

I agree, usually they balance partisanship off with absurdity but articles about throwing nuts at a black woman and yelling "this is how we feed animals" and shouting down a Puerto Rican delegate for not being American enough were way over the line.

Correction: it was two GOP attendees who were throwing nuts at a black camerawoman.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Totally TWISTED posted:

:asoiaf:

These are real :psyduck:

Young Freud you should click those links, I almost did what you did.

edit: well not exactly what you did, but I did assume he was actually linking Onion articles which is what I assumed you were doing.

No, I read them. In the related news, at least at the time, they had a link that it was "two" and not just one.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

It's sad that this was more than just a headline...

The Onion posted:

Overweight Tattooed Nerd Girl Working At Forbidden Planet A Fantasy Sex Object To Hundreds Of Customers

Apparently, there's a whole series on comic book nerds...

quote:

Some Poor Writer To Give Moon Knight Another Shot

quote:

Movie Industry Admits 'The Avengers' Really Only Made About $8 Million Nationwide, Tops

quote:

'Check Out This Dope-rear end Marv Wolfman Interview I Found Online,' Area Man Actually Says Out Loud

quote:

Exasperated Mother Finally Throws Out Musty Comic Book Collector

quote:

Virginity Still In Mint Condition

quote:

'You Liked Maus And Persepolis, Though,' Man Tries To Plead With Friend Who Isn't Comics Fan

quote:

Weird Glitch Causing 'The Amazing Spiderman' To Reboot In Middle Of Movie

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

redmercer posted:

I was calling for that in 2008

poo poo, that was a Robert Smigel was on that train of thought in 2004.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Somehow, I feel this is a crack at Cracked and the proliferation of list journalism.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Holy poo poo, Onion...

BREAKING: Bill Clinton Finally Just Shows America His Penis :nws:

quote:

CHARLOTTE, NC—During his speech Wednesday evening at the Democratic National Convention in downtown Charlotte, former U.S. president Bill Clinton finally just unzipped his fly and showed the entire country his penis.

“My fellow Americans, for the past 20 years you have all, at various points, talked and thought about my penis, or at least heard direct or indirect references to my penis in news reports, in court records, or in the culture at large,” the former commander in chief said. “My penis has, in a sense, been a central part of American life for the better part of two decades. And yet, the nation has never seen it. Tonight, I’d like to finally change that.”

“So should we just get this over with then?” the president asked the 20,000-member audience, as well as millions watching the nationwide telecast. “Should I show you my penis?”

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

They really loving hate the royal family.

You aren't kidding, because this was under those articles as well.
15-Year-Old Duchess Of McComb, AL Announces Pregnancy.

It's a trailer trash joke, but it clearly equates the Royal Family to inbred Alabamans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Putting that unattributed picture of Kirk Douglas there is just not fair. :smith:

Herbert Walker Bush is near death, why not him?

Also, the little girl :smithicide: