Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Today Now! Host Undergoes Horrifically Painful Surgery Live On Air

The combination of the screaming, the mindless banter and the horrible medical CGI just gets me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Holy gently caress that article is 15 years old. :corsair:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://www.theonion.com/articles/bounty-officials-approve-third-ply,491/
Similarly, from waaay back in '98, and now 3-ply paper are regularly seen.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

Long Wait For Big Toenail To Fall Off Nearly Over

I'm not going to link it but DEAR GOD.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

Give it time.

Meanwhile, this showed up on the Facebook page today: I've Been Having Some Pretty hosed-Up Bread Thoughts Lately

Duck noooo! :stonk:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:stonk:, but in a really appreciative way.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well that's one way to end an article that had me smugly nodding along with it all the way through.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They're really enjoying putting the boots in on After Earth.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I'm ashamed to admit that I forwarded this to one of my lady friends and she laughed at me.

It turns out that my humble guess that it was an exfoliating thingamajig was only partially correct.

It's used to remove dead skin from the feet, which is rather "unsightly when you're wearing heels or sandals"

Related, I have an older sister and I scraped one of those on my forearm once while suffering the exact same bout of curiosity as the article's boyfriend character. I clearly remember thinking "what the gently caress is this thing for [sister]? It hurts!"

I laughed at the article because the idea of this common item becoming a household mystery. Its basically a less gross ped-egg since you just wash off the skin particles. :barf: I'm not sure how you miss it while growing up though, I thought everyone had one. And yes, the last line was amazing.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Day 2: Something involving manga that is literally too sad to print

Also grats on finally featuring bronies in your headline image, Onion! :ranbowdash:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ahahahah, that last line was me for basically the first half of Big Fish. :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Uh oh. I just noticed Clickhole has a counter at the bottom that records how many times you've clicked on their site.

I took it up to 100 and I got an achievement.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

New Clickventure and I already got a whole bunch of preteens killed in my bosses club.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Roobanguy posted:

“Sorry,” you say, looking off into the distance, “but I’m over you.”

Without another word, you walk away, looking resolutely ahead to the future while doing your best to ignore the sad old-lady whimpers behind you. It feels pretty loving cool.

You finally did it. You moved past your ex. Way to go.

I also got this ending.

Stone cold.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That whole paragraph is amazing

quote:

Frankly, I’m sick and tired of SJWs insisting that sexism against men doesn’t exist while constantly ignoring the gender-based discrimination that eagles subject me to on a daily basis. Yesterday, I was driving to work when an eagle reached its legs through my sunroof, grabbed my penis in its claws, and pulled me into the sky through the roof of my car. Women’s rights militants always so conveniently overlook this, but my car then careened off the road and burst into flames while the eagle carried me to a nearby cathedral and swung me by my penis into the church bells in order to play Simon and Garfunkel’s “Bridge Over Troubled Water.”

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats still the best goddamn Mothers Day headline even if they did dust it off a little

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

my god clickhole

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Welcome To Westworld! Can You Retrieve Your Wedding Ring From The Robot Prostitute You Lost It In?

http://www.clickhole.com/clickventure/welcome-westworld-can-you-retrieve-your-wedding-ri-7554

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Heartbreaking: This Mom Just poo poo Her Pants In Front Of Her Entire Family On What Was Supposed To Be A Special Day With All The Kids Back From College And Everything