Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

DolphinCop posted:

New Live Poll Allows Pundits To Pander To Viewers In Real Time is my absolute favorite.

All of the Duncan Birch segments are amazing, though, and that's why I like Is Pundit Duncan Birch A Worthless Idiot? a lot too.

Duncan Birch owns :allears: and this is the best Duncan video

Report: Most College Males Admit To Regularly Getting Stoked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
From the week in review: Everyone Unaware How Much Freshman Doing Keg Stand Secretly Misses His Parents

quote:

Everyone at a college party is unaware how much freshman Todd Wisman, currently in the middle of a kegstand, misses his parents, his home, and his friends. While Wisman appears excited, gorging on an excessive amount of alcohol, sources confirmed that nobody could tell that the 18 year old is completely oblivious to the voices chanting his name or the blaring music, because all he's truly thinking about is returning home for Thanksgiving, hugging his mother and father, sleeping in his own bed, and possibly transferring to a school closer to home. Reports indicate that mere seconds after the freshman returns to his dorm room, he will break down in tears while staring at a picture of his dog Caroline.

:negative:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
I Won't Have My Daughter Bringing A Black Man Into This House Until I've Tidied Up And Created A Welcoming Environment

quote:

This is unbelievable. A goddamned outrage, actually, is what it is. My daughter Lucy, my own flesh and blood, is bringing home this…this…black man in less than an hour. "Marlon" something or other, she tells me. Marlon! Well, I won't stand for it. As long as I have breath in my body, no daughter of mine will bring a black man into this house until I've cleaned it up a little, maybe picked up a good bottle of wine, and made drat sure I have everything I need to make him feel right at home.

Not now, not ever.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
How To Protect Your Children On Halloween, A.K.A. The Pedophiles' Christmas

:shepface:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Along a similar vein, What Kind Of Sick gently caress Would Put A Hook In A Juicy Squid Where A Fish Could Easily Eat It? By A Yellowfin Tuna

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
I Didn't Install This Two-Way Motel-Room Mirror To Watch People Commit Suicide

Commentaries are my favourite :allears:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
It reminds me of one earlier this year where they put out this article in the morning and a shooting happened the same day

Nation Celebrates Full Week Without Deadly Mass Shooting
UPDATE: Never Mind

:negative:

Here is another one about today that sums up a lot: Report: It Okay To Spend Rest Of Day Curled In Fetal Position Under Desk

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Probably posted before, but the Dognitaries ones reminded me of my favourite pun artice: Bro, You're A God Among Bros and my favourite line from it:

quote:

You are the king of all bros. Brotankhamen. You are the Ayatollah Bromeini. You are Broseidon, lord of the brocean.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Study: Alligators Dangerous No Matter How Drunk You Are

:allears:

quote:

"Our data strongly indicates that human intoxication does not transform an alligator into a docile creature that enjoys wrestling," said professor Ryder McCrory, chair of the Wildlife Taunting Department of LSU's prestigious Center For Bullying And Hazing Studies. "Despite its slow-witted demeanor and tendency to bask motionlessly in the hot sun, it's a mistake to believe that an alligator will passively tolerate a half nelson, no matter how much Southern Comfort is fueling it."

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Kelly :allears:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
U.S. Offers PlatinumPlus Preferred Citizenship

quote:

PlatinumPlus citizens—selected according to a number of demographic factors, including age, race and socio-economic status—will enjoy a wide variety of other benefits, including immunity from speeding tickets; separate, no-wait lines at over 50,000 post-office locations nationwide; and wider, more comfortable window seating.

PlatinumPlus citizens Connie and Russell Brodhagen of Del Mar, CA, enjoy a round of golf in a members-only, walled-in golfing facility in East Los Angeles, undisturbed by the surrounding war zone of urban poverty.

After just one year in the club, members can also begin earning extra votes for elections. "Wouldn't you like to earn up to five bonus votes for the next presidential election?" said U.S. Rep. Roger Wicker (R-MS), a co-sponsor of the measure. "With your new PlatinumPlus citizenship, you can."

According to Wicker, those at the highest level of the new program, or "Diamond Club" citizens, will enjoy additional rewards, including a pass good for acquittal from one crime (misdemeanor or felony), a no-interest credit line of up to $500,000 and, for able-bodied male PlatinumPlus members between ages 18 and 35, excusal from the draft should a foreign war arise.

Gordon Alarie, CEO of the Dallas-based Integrated Systems Management Group, was among the first to receive a PlatinumPlus citizenship offer in the mail. "As CEO and founder of a Fortune 500 corporation, I've contributed a great deal to the U.S. over the years," Alarie said. "It's nice to know that now, with the PlatinumPlus Preferred citizenship program, I'll finally start getting something back."

Rosalyn Murcheson Biddle, a Scarsdale, NY, art collector, was also extended an offer to join. "The PlatinumPlus-only express lanes on the highways are nice, and so are the unlimited drinks," Biddle said. "But what I really like is the program's Gold Circle Premium Health Care package, which gets me access to the finest medical care anywhere. It's nice to know that if I ever get too wrapped up in a car-phone conversation and hit another vehicle, emergency workers arriving on the scene will prioritize my injuries over those of any other people who may have been hurt."

Added Biddle: "The free cancer inoculations are a nice plus, too."

Oct 29, 1997

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Reminds me of New Anger-Powered Cars May Revolutionize The Way We Drive

quote:

"This bitch's bastard's whore went like a goddamn raped ape with me at the wheel," said Car And Driver's Brock Yates, who test-drove Daimler-Chrysler's Dodge Rammit pickup. "The vitriolic-assist brakes barely worked, the rear-view mirror found my bald spot every time, and the voice-response OnStar system mocked me for writing the script for Cannonball Run. I was getting 107 miles to the gallon when I T-boned that bus."

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Google Shuts Down Gmail For Two Hours To Show Its Immense Power

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

The article right before this one was Kidnapped Boy Found Safe, Imagines Kidnapped Boy

:smith:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Scientists Teach Sign Language To Gorilla-Suit-Wearing Man

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Ford Unveils New Car For Cash-Strapped Buyers: The 1993 Taurus

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Kumaton posted:

I've always had a soft spot for the Sunday Magazines

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Did Onion quiletly kill off video stuff like In The Know? That was the best video series :smith:

Report: Most College Males Admit To Regularly Getting Stoked
Should We Be Doing More To Reduce The Graphic Violence In Our Dreams?
Is Pundit Duncan Birch A Worthless Idiot?
Political Talk Show Host Suddenly Very Interested In Manslaughter Law Loopholes
And the best one, New Live Poll Allows Pundits To Pander To Viewers

fits has a new favorite as of 01:34 on Jun 21, 2014

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Onion's coverage of current events such as the St Louis murder and the war in Gaza aren't actually satire though.

For example

Report: 79% Of Minority Suspects Receive Miranda Rights While Unconscious

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
We're fast approaching The Onion's predicted future of iPhones

Apple Claims New iPhone Only Visible To Most Loyal Of Customers

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
http://www.clickhole.com/article/these-are-greatest-movie-speeches-all-time-1842

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Dale Sveum posted:

I would try pretty hard to save you from a witch.

I know it was you who caused the Challenger explosion! :argh:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

quote:

Wow, you’re a little cock, aren’t you? If everything isn’t perfect for Mr. Dickhouse, you just throw a poo poo fit. You sniveling piece of human garbage, you can’t see outside your own goddamn taint house to care about anyone but you. We tried, we apologized, and we’re done groveling to the likes of a sweat drinker like you. Submit the loving form if you want.

gently caress you.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Sex House was a wild ride beginning to end. And since we're doing Onion nostalgia I love In the Know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFpK_r-jEXg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgXObaM9i2Q

Duncan Birch is the best Onion character.

In The Know: Is Pundit Duncan Birch A Worthless Idiot?

e: in the know was the best

Should We Be Doing More To Reduce The Graphic Violence In Our Dreams?

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

They put out an updated version, too http://www.theonion.com/article/no-way-prevent-says-only-nation-where-regularly-ha-51444

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

clockworx posted:

I will never tire of The Onion taking on the American workplace

Not-That-Important Employee Snatches Best Donut In Box

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Dry Humping An Adequate Sex Alternative For Teens, Says Weird, Unsolicited Report From Department Of Interior

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Within The Walls Of This Suburban Polling Place, I Am God

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
I Used To Be Pro-Obamacare. Then It Saved My lovely Life.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Firebrand John McCain Demands Immediate Investigation Into Why He Remaining Complicit

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Obama Sends Publisher Collection Of Pages For Presidential Graphic Novel

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Study: Women Always Answer Their Phones Unless They're Having Great Sex With Someone Else

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Habitat For Humanity Investigated For Working Conditions After 92-Year-Old Laborer Collapses On Site

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Master Diplomat: Pundits Have Noted Similarities Between Trump’s N. Korea Statements And JFK’s Iconic ‘Prepare To Be Radioactive Skeletons, Motherfuckers’ Speech That De-escalated The Cuban Missile Crisis

quote:

JFK knew that he had to deliver a precise, carefully crafted message to peacefully end the standoff, so he went on national television and vowed to “wipe Cuba off the goddamn map with a hellfire tsunami that’ll char Havana into a glowing ash heap” and “turn every last Cuban man, woman, child, and pet dog into a red-hot screaming skeleton, you better loving believe it.” Firm and calm in his delivery, he went on to say that after he bombed Cuba he would “pay a personal visit to the smoldering rubble to piss all over Fidel’s corpse and plant an American flag in his empty eye socket” and then “nuke the junk-rear end country all over again just for shits and giggles.”

onion has been :allears: recently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Feminists Don’t Want To Admit It, But It’s Actually Biological Gender Differences That Keep Women From Succeeding In My Meticulously Engineered Mega-Labyrinth