Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Last Chance posted:

Looks like this is a response to some of that controversial tweet business:

New Study Finds 'The Onion' Has Never Been More Popular, More Beloved, Or More Respected

That's a great response. I'm glad to see them joke about it.

And here is a recent one that got the biggest guffaw out of me yet: Sonny Bono Foundation Prevents At-Risk Youths From Skiing Into Trees. I feel sort of bad about laughing at famous people dying stupid deaths, but it is too funny not to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

I thought that this one was funny. The joke is that at that age, the significance of everything is blown way out of proportion.

In addition to the Point/Counterpoint articles, I like the advice columns as well. Someone earlier posted the Ask An Elderly Black Woman As Depicted By A Sophomore Creative Writing Major, and some of the more bizarre have included Ask The Voice-Over From The Dukes Of Hazzard, Ask A Frat Brother Who Just Accidentally Drowned A Pledge During A Hazing Gone Horribly Awry, Ask A College Professor Having Trouble With The Audiovisual Equipment, and Ask A Man Who's Jowl-Deep In Phyllis Diller's Pussy.

I also like the latest infographic: Dr. Seuss' Lesser-Known Titles.

And here is a classic article: Lovecraftian School Board Member Wants Madness Added To Curriculum.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Intrusive Thoughts posted:

Oh my God, this is the perfect way to troll an English major.

Or, "An English major to troll the perfect way this is."

Malachi Constant posted:

I see it more as trolling new parents who might freak out about screwing their kid up for life by doing something wrong.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

cobalt2009 posted:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/new-angerpowered-cars-may-revolutionize-the-way-we,1118/

I've never been able to make it through this one without laughing so hard my stomach hurts.

Another of my favorites: FCC: All Programming To Be Broadcast In ADHDTV By 2007.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

duralict posted:

New Study Find the Onion Has Never Been More Popular, Loved

It's only funny if you had a thousand people reposting whines about their Oscar tweets.

Already posted, but it came up in Literally Unbelievable when the AV Club news editor posted it:

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
The latest Kelly:

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

I'm glad they're back too. There was a dry spell of good Onion videos after "Porkin' across America."

Favorite Spooky Truth book title: "The Hebrews of Disney Dungeon."

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
With the Bitcoin collapse being in the news, this older story seems appropriate: U.S. Economy Grinds To Halt As Nation Realizes Money Just A Symbolic, Mutually Shared Illusion.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Is the punchline a reference to the silly bar fight in On Deadly Ground?

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Mescal posted:

As a fellow Onion fan, I agree that weird fetishes are off-limits for making fun of. That's really past the line.

Area Man Has Naked-Lady Fetish

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
The Onion Looks Back At 'The Wizard Of Oz':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SImPXjcC2TM

I hope that this becomes a regular feature.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Skeesix posted:

I'm Sure That Out-Of-Control Water-Skier Will Avoid Our Outdoor Wedding

They went a totally different direction than I thought with the penultimate paragraph.

A good article from the same issue, a commentary on workplace etiquette for sick people: People with That Brain-Eating Virus Should Really Just Take a Sick Day.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Only after reading it did I notice that it was published seven years ago.

From today: Report: Detroit Bankruptcy Might Transform City Into Some Kind Of Hellish, Depopulated Wasteland.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
Taylor Swift is on the prowl again: Taylor Swift Now In Long-Distance Relationship With Curiosity Rover

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

This is even better if you read his 10 Rules of Writing first.

Here is the original article at The New York Times: WRITERS ON WRITING; Easy on the Adverbs, Exclamation Points and Especially Hooptedoodle.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
Der Spiegel just published an article titled Dolphins May be Dumber Than We Think. It immediately reminded me of an older article from The Onion titled Study: Dolphins Not So Intelligent On Land

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

I often wonder how they get permissions for some pictures:

Only registered members can see post attachments!