Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Off the top of my head...

Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids

God Angrily Clarifies 'Don't Kill' Rule

U.S. Commemorates 9/11 By Toasting Stable Afghan Government From Top Of Freedom Tower

Man We Thought To Be Barack Obama Revealed To Be Weak-Willed Impostor

Patriotic Teen Fails Spanish

College Basketball Star Heroically Overcomes Tragic Rape He Committed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

mrfart posted:

Do you guys all pay for the onion now?
Yes, by being American. :911:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Idiot Kicker posted:

I love this, and pretty much all other, infographics.
About Bil Keane's death
In the same vein...

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Middle-Aged Woman Angrily Demanding Price Check On Rice Pudding Was Once Carefree Youth, Onlookers Speculate
The article's good enough, but the best part is the accompanying video.

'It's Been An Honor, Gentlemen,' Shift Supervisor Says As Giant Vat Of Molten Cheese Erupts
One of the best treats is when something you think would only be a headline is actually a story.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Here's a classic.
New Six Flags Ride Based On Relationship With Deborah

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mescal posted:

Is there any way to... browse the Onion's website in a way that makes sense to normal, sane people? Is the layout and mad maze of advertising somehow part of their greatest satire of all? poo poo even breaks my simplify-browsing extensions. I mean, it's a real testament to the quality of their humor that people dig through the website rather than immediately saying "gently caress that mess, ctrl-F4"
Adblock Plus, yo.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Volume posted:

New episode of Sex House.

http://youtu.be/0CcGO0xE6tI
This is art.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Anaheim Police Chief John Welter: 'Look, Our Job Is To Shoot People'

fuckthepolice.txt

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ovo posted:

The fake Onion magazines are hidden pretty deep in the site and don't seem to show up in the local paper. It's a drat shame because they are just as good as the articles.

I agree.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Wendy's Wants Consumers To Know It's Fine With Gays, Disapproves Of Interracial Marriage

The last line slays me.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lysidas posted:

In other news, :woop: Sex House - Ep. 4 - Extended Preview

Jay's continued failure to have sex with Tara is very ... conspicuous. I wonder if he's in the closet; it would make so much sense.
No, that would be too much of a distraction to Derek, who seems willing to do anything to get kicked off.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my god they're all going to die.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
My personal theory right now is that Alex is a plant. Whoever's in charge tasked her with infiltrating the group to encourage sex.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Sex House now has a thread in TV IV!

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent posted:

I think it's just that she's the stereotype of the inde/punk rock/alt girl camwhore, and the prototype of person who thrives on these reality shows. She needs to be the center of attention and her validation is other people finding her sexually attractive (which no one in the house does), so she comes of as off-putting and desperate. Basically, she's the sex-craving side side of the cast of Jersey Shore.
I'd agree, but even Jay and Tara have shown that they're more than just the reality show stereotypes that they seem to be.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Michele Bachmann Thankful No Americans Died In Sikh Shooting
loving brilliant.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

PowerBuilder3 posted:

Uh oh, the Onion "Sparks Anger With Picture Of Plane Flying Into Willis Tower".

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/08/06/willis-tower-photo-the-onion-sparks-anger-with-picture-of-plane-flying-into-building/

My favorite part of the article is the last line:

Its just a snippet in this segment, but I can't find the whole piece, if there is one.

http://www.theonion.com/video/sears-extremists-fly-plane-into-willis-tower,29054/
Look at these idiots who don't respect that The Onion was a critical part of the healing process for thousands with their ingenious 9/11 coverage that is still remembered today as one of the finest moments in comedy history.
http://www.theonion.com/issue/3734/

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
'Just Illegalize Us Already,' Nation's Assault Weapons Beg
Jesus Christ.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Dead Beef posted:

Sometimes I really love their "American Voices" bit:

Tucson Shooter Switches Plea To 'Guilty'

How bad is it that the bolded one was basically my actual reaction to the news?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Admit It, I Scare The Ever-Loving poo poo Out Of You, Don't I? By Paul Ryan

They go in a completely different direction than you would think with this one, and it's loving terrifying.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I can't help but wonder how this one went over in the writer's room.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Supreme Allah posted:

Literally Unbelievably seems intended as a meta humor type of site. It's called Literally Unbelievable. The name lends itself to being a parody. It's like having a site called This poo poo Is True and then a bunch of wannabe-comedians pretend to react like people they want to mock.

Maybe at some point a handful of real idiots found their way to the site and took over but the name never sat right with me as a legit source of ignorance. It's too self aware.
I'm not sure what you're saying here? Are you saying that the people running the blog want people to think that they don't know The Onion's real, or that the facebook posts it showcases are ironic, or what?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ugly In The Morning posted:

"I Misspoke—What I Meant To Say Is 'I Am Dumb As Dog poo poo And I Am A Terrible Human Being"

http://www.theonion.com/articles/i-misspokewhat-i-meant-to-say-is-i-am-dumb-as-dog,29256/

Seriously, gently caress Todd Akin forever. I hope he steps in dogshit every day for the rest of his miserable life.
People sometimes criticize Onion articles for just being the headline said over and over in different ways, and in this case that's absolutely true.

But holy poo poo it is so loving cathartic and satisfying.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo.
They have American Voices on it too.

quote:

When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
More! MORE!
Republicans Condemn Akin's Comments As Blemish On Party's Otherwise Spotless Women's Rights Record

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Danger posted:

I know some Onion stuff is written to just be funny, but the fat kid article really missed an opportunity to exam obesity as the systemic class issue it is and not as a "hurr these kids don't run and just eat junk like their lazy parents". Like, at least have a line about school lunches or something.
Maybe Study: Abstinence-Only Lunch Programs Ineffective At Combating Teen Obesity is more your speed?

Also, Poll Reveals You Live In Country Where Mentally Ill Man Still Has Good Chance Of Being Senator.

SpiderHyphenMan has a new favorite as of 21:21 on Aug 22, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
U.S. Military Sends A Few More Of Those Things Over To Afghanistan To Replace Dead Ones

Absolutely brutal.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
This pretty much rules.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Bunch Of Numbers From Where Daddy Works Means No Trip To Disney World
:smith::smith::smith::smith:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
That last line was utterly predictable, but it's the truth.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

iamathousandapples posted:

:stonk:
What the gently caress, The Onion?
It's a metaphor. A brilliant, savage metaphor.

Because honestly, what else is a gay Marine supposed to feel when a member of the GOP says "Reinstate DADT" and "Support our Troops" in the same speech?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
BREAKING: John McCain Just Blew His Brains Out During RNC Speech
I was offended by this until I actually read the article.

quote:

“My friends, I’m not going to be around much longer, so I want to tell you this,” said McCain, a decorated Vietnam war hero. “I am for same-sex marriage if it’s implemented in an incremental way that makes sense. I am for a woman’s right to choose. I believe that human beings have caused this planet to overheat, and that those of you ignoring this issue should be ashamed of yourselves. Immigrants who arrived here as children should be given a path to citizenship. And the income gap in this country is unacceptable. I have always believed these things. And I also believe that this party’s hard turn to the right is detrimental to the well-being and progress of this entire country.”

“Goodbye,” McCain added, and then put a bullet into his head.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Here's an article laughing at liberals/people who live in reality regarding Paul Ryan's bullshit speech:
Valiant Fact-Checkers Once Again Save American Political System From Descending Into Corruption

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
DNC Lacking Same Delusional Magic It Had In 2008
Less like :smith: and more like :sigh:.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Turns out Michelle actually wrote her speech herself. Welp.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Unemployed Man Who Had To Move Back In With His Parents Still For Obama
Guantánamo Prisoners Released Into Cheering DNC Crowd

The Onion is nothing if not fair and balanced.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Vote Republican posted:

The onion barely has to work anymore... jesus. This is so sad and funny.
Please tell me that your username is ironic and that what makes this article sad is that it is only a slight exaggeration of what the GOP tries to make people Obama is.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Vote Republican posted:

Have you seen this ad? It gets special after the Chuck's wife starts talking.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/04/chuck-norris-obama-reelection-1000-years-of-darkness-mitt-romney_n_1854309.html

and yes my username is ironic
Oh okay good.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Hey guys remember this article?

Well...

Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
This is funnier than the actual article.