Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elim Garak
Aug 5, 2010

poor and weird posted:

EPA Shuts Down Local Ghost-Entrapment Business

'I Spilled My Soda,' Report Nation's Dopes
(this one is my all time favorite)

God the last line of the Ghostbusters one really knocks it out of the park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elim Garak
Aug 5, 2010

Goddamn The Onion has been really dark lately.

Elim Garak
Aug 5, 2010

MRC48B posted:

The Onion is a funhouse mirror that reflects reality, but distorts and exaggerates certain aspects. They have always been dark, Gallows humor is their specialty.

Mars Rover Discoveries: A few inches below the layer of dirt on the surface lies another, slightly thicker, layer of dirt

I don't know, I've been reading The Onion for ~10 years and I have two of the books, I can't recall anything as dark as the stuff coming out recently. Yes, they've always had their share of "Mommy and Daddy Don't Love Each Other Anymore" stories, but there's something darker going on now, in my opinion.

Elim Garak
Aug 5, 2010

Eggbeater Jesus posted:

New American Voices: Will.i.am To Debut New Song On Mars.

"It was nice of them to wait for Neil Armstrong to die before doing this."

I liked "If anyone's going to like will.i.am's new song, it's rocks."

Elim Garak
Aug 5, 2010

I was browsing through my "Our Dumb Century" book last night and I came across a headline and story that was almost as dark as some of the recent ones: Schoolteacher, Kitten, Three Dozen Orphans to Fly on Challenger Tomorrow. There's an image of the article on the website, but the text is pretty hard to read.

Elim Garak
Aug 5, 2010

Holocaust bloopers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elim Garak
Aug 5, 2010

Trump Announces He's A Very Sad Man