Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Onion's sports articles are always fantastic and usually incredibly accurate in the details. I got the Ecstasy of Defeat for Christmas and haven't stopped laughing. Some of my favorites:

Bill Belichick's Tears Eat Through Podium

That contains my favorite line in Onion history:

quote:

As Belichick sloughed grotesquely into a liquid heap, he was reportedly heard to ask if this is what love is.
Stephon Marbury Embroils Celtics' Big 3 in Elaborate Shakespearean Intrigue
NASCAR Cancels Remainder of Season Following David Foster Wallace's Death
CC Sabathia, Prince Fielder Keep Imagining Each Other as Giant Talking Hot Dog, Hamburger
NFL Meteorologists Warn Steaming Black-Guy Heads Occurring Later Every Year

Someone earlier mentioned their constant portrayal of Tim Duncan as the world's most boring player. This is the best one:
Tim Duncan Releases Decade Worth of Pent-Up Emotion After Spurs Preseason Loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Robert Denby posted:

You guys need to catch up on Get Out Of My Face then. It's The Onion's follow-up to their cancelled but incredible Comedy Central show "SportsDome". Speaking of, here's the best "Sportsdome" moment ever.
Get Out of My Face is amazing if you've watched even five minutes of Pardon the Interruption. You also have to watch it multiple times to get all of the hilarious stuff on the bottom. My personal favorite is the one centered around Mark Sanchez injuring his pussy finger.

"MARK BRUNELL'S PUSSY FINGER IS 41 YEARS OLD. HE CAN'T KEEP UP WITH TODAY'S FINGERBANGING."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I read Our Dumb World about once a year and it always kills me. The simplicity of "Minnesota - Land of 10,000 Retards" will never not make me laugh.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I feel like this sums up the thought processes of people who think they can stop mass shootings.

If Someone Tried to Burn My Village, I'd be Like, "gently caress You"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Does anyone know if Tim Duncan is aware of all the Onion articles about him?
No, because he probably still uses dialup if he goes on the internet at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Leofish posted:

Here's my favourite 9/11 related article, from last year.

18-Year-Old Fighting In Afghanistan Has 9/11 Explained To Him By Older Soldier

I am torn on whether or not to blank-post the picture of the 9/11 Subway deal on my Facebook wall tomorrow, or if I should just go into a Subway with a printed off version of it. Do you think they'd honour it? :v: Maybe it depends on the franchisee.
http://www.salon.com/2013/09/12/subway_store_honors_the_onions_fake_911_coupon/singleton/