Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
I like this "Fan on the Street" that went up today:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/the-redskins-and-cowboys-violate-the-nfls-unwritte,27656/

On the subject of sports, this article before the Super Bowl really sums up how terrible most sports blogs are in a single paragraph:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/1000-bleacher-report-writers-descend-on-super-bowl,27259/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest

Grifter posted:

Is that the sex house host!?

Yes it is. The actor's name is Chris Argos.

To contribute, one of my favorites articles is 48-Year-Old Man Actually Very Open To Dating 25-Year-Olds. I love the way it deconstructs what he says about his "open-mindedness" as being bullshit using pretty much just his own words.

Alpha3KV has a new favorite as of 05:46 on Sep 10, 2012

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest

Eggbeater Jesus posted:

Anybody here read Chinese? Romney Delivers Stern Warning To China, Speaking Directly Into The Camera In Fluent Mandarin

I didn't do so well in the one Chinese class I attempted, so I can only pick out the words for "I," "China," and "America."

I took Chinese each year I was in college, but I'm still not all that good at it thanks to lack of practice. I took a crack at translating it with a lot of help from a dictionary.

quote:

Chinese leaders, I am unambiguously confirming, if I am made president, I absolutely guarantee that China will follow international trade regulations. Your state has for a long time manipulated exchange rates to reap the benefits of manufacturing jobs, hitting our American manufacturing work. This is not fair! My government will not accept this behavior from China. The first day I enter the White House, I will list China as an 'exchange rate manipulating nation.' This is your warning.

It's nothing very humorous given the context. I guess the joke is the idea that Romney could speak Chinese that well.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
A chain of links from the end of today's Fashion SWAT led me to this article from 2001.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/marilyn-manson-now-going-doortodoor-trying-to-shoc,459

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
This discussion reminded me of an old article on CollegeHumor, "Seven Jokes that Came True," which includes that Gillete Article and is now annoyingly cut off partway into the fifth entry. Comedy Writers are amazing at making predictions based on current and past behavior. The first entry in particular does a good job describing that process.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
The amount of annoying Ray Lewis hype surrounding the Super Bowl made me appreciate this one.
Ray Lewis Crying Over Embarrassing Spectacle He's Become

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Mitt Romney recently gave his first interview since the election, which included his thoughts on why he lost. This is the exact opposite of what he said, but seems much more accurate:
http://www.theonion.com/video/romney-blames-loss-on-successfully-communicating-h,31541/

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Malicious Focus Group Convinces Marketers Cinnamon Mountain Dew Is The Next Big Thing

I like the way they're being noticeably insincere without resorting to outright sarcasm, and that cinnamon Mountain Dew is something I can actually imagine being a real thing.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
CNN Holds Panel Discussion To Determine If There Race Problem In America

Yeah, cable news is pretty much the worst.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Rudy Giuliani Suddenly Realizes He’s Been Grinning During Entire 9/11 Ceremony

:sbahj:

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Every Way The U.S. Can Advance In The World Cup

I think my favorite part is that number 6 is actually 100% true.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
If The Founding Fathers Were Alive Today, They’d Be Too Fascinated By A Garbage Disposal To Do Anything

This is a nice send-up of those opinion pieces invoking men who've been dead for 200 years to talk about current issues.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Clickhole quizzes are so good.

http://www.clickhole.com/quiz/which-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle-thundercat-or-fr-824

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
The Conflict In Gaza Explained In One Long Noise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Incredible: Lewis And Clark’s Sketches Of The Animals They Encountered On Their Journey Will Blow You Away