Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
Obama's Weekly Video Addresses Becoming Increasingly Avant-Garde

Congress Spotted Leaving Gay Nightclub

Pre-Game Coin Toss Makes Jaguars Realize Randomness Of Life

I don't even watch football but for some reason the last one always kills me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
And now for some :psyduck:

Pistorius Case Takes Dramatic Turn As Altered Plane Of Reality Results In Paralympian Shooting John Lennon

I just love how The Onion can make dozens of articles out of one news story and make all of them loving hilarious.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
The American Voices version of the story is also pretty good.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

I really like how this one came after the alone at a movie theater one.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
Check out this egg.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
:argh: 10 Photos That Will Make You Angry Because You Are A Strange Person Who Gets Upset At Pictures Of Wallets :argh:

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
It's not quite as good as the Obama/Audubon Society article but it's funny nonetheless:

Top Twitter Feuds of 2013

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
Families Of Missing Flight Passengers Just Hoping Media Gets Closure It Needs

CNN is almost too easy a target.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
It's AV Club but I really liked Weekend Box Office: Raccoon fetishists win again.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
I'm pretty desensitized to crazy internet poo poo at this point so I'm genuinely curious as to how a normal person would react to seeing that.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
I think I read an interview with the Onion editors ages ago about how all the writers come up with headline titles for potential articles, and then write those articles based on which headlines were the funniest. It's probably a single person affair once something gets approved unless it's some special case.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
Hot drat. The Onion website has a new layout.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
One-Year-Old Still Waiting For Father’s First Words

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
Imagine what the articles would have been if the supreme court had ruled the other way.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
Here's some Onion-tier stuff from AV Club:

Jim Carrey reprises talking-out-of-rear end shtick in anti-vaccine tweets

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
The music really makes it, and the guy trying really hard to keep a straight face.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
Do You Know Why I’m Pulling You Over, Being Wildly Aggressive, And Charging You With Assault Today, Sir?

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I really dislike Starwipe for some reason. Maybe because The Onion and Clickhole set the bar so high? But I think that everything it does, Onion or AV Club do better.

It's neck-deep in Hollywood culture, and I don't think the people who care about that stuff and the people who like The Onion overlap much.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
As someone living in New Hampshire this article loving killed me. They are so mean to Jeb Bush for some reason.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
Biden Quietly Asks Obama To Pick Him Up Some Of Those Real Throwing Stars From Japan

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
Shaven, Cologned Grandpa Heads Into Town To Rake In D-Day Pussy

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

gently caress THIS

JUST loving STOP

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
The best part is that there are people out there who genuinely believe that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

Good Citizen posted:

What percentage of that article do you think was prewritten and just waiting for a few key phrases to drop in?

“I’m fully aware that [x] is extremely vile and disturbing, but I want you to know that you’re really best saving your outrage and disgust for some thoughts I still haven’t verbalized yet, believe me,”