Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Police: Kidnapped MoveOn.org Staffer's "Please Help" Emails Went Completely Ignored

Anyone one their mailing list will certainly love this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Nation's Quadriplegics Immobilize On Washington In Support Of Stem-Cell Research

Another happy/sad article.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Farbtoner posted:

I agree, usually they balance partisanship off with absurdity but articles about throwing nuts at a black woman and yelling "this is how we feed animals" and shouting down a Puerto Rican delegate for not being American enough were way over the line.
:asoiaf:

These are real :psyduck:

Young Freud you should click those links, I almost did what you did.

edit: well not exactly what you did, but I did assume he was actually linking Onion articles which is what I assumed you were doing.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

lidnsya posted:

I really love this one:

It's Not Okay To Just Start Talking To People You Don’t Know

'In addition, just because you are sitting next to someone you don’t know on a bus or airplane, that doesn’t give you any right to talk to that person, even if he or she is reading a book you once read. The study goes on to state that talking to an unfamiliar person in a setting where the individual essentially can’t escape the conversation is “one of the cruelest things one human being can do to another human being.”'

I see The Onion has been using my Dad for material.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

The final line was some sort of morbid cherry on top.

At press time, Pete's younger brother, who inherited the bike, has also already died.

:krad:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Rahonavis posted:

I remember hearing that The Onion once ran a real, unedited, not-satirical newspaper article as their headline story once, because the true story was more insane then anything they could have made up. Did this actually happen and does anyone remember what story it was?

Bush: 'Our Long National Nightmare Of Peace And Prosperity Is Finally Over'

fake edit: I don't know sorry :(

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Brother Jonathan posted:

From the Seinfeld episode, "The Stranded":

Jerry: (noticing a coffee table book) Oh, you got the Civil War book. I saw some of that show. It was wonderful.
Elaine: Six hundred and twenty million people died!
Jerry: Thousand.
Elaine: Thousand! Six hundred and twenty thousand! The horror, the horror.

Some people have a poor grasp of magnitudes.

For example, 80 billion tons of garbage is meaningless to me. I looked it up, and for comparison, the entire world produces 1.3 billion tonnes of waste each year.

Yeah we've cut back now that Lucas isn't making movies.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Video: Shocking report says even the smallest horse bite can be harmful to newborn babies

I love that they even created the journal article with accompanying images.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Why aren't Onion videos working for me all of a sudden? Anyone else had this issue?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

No it's the slideshow full of penis. You can google it. :nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Welp

:smith: