Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Thanks for the house info. I'm hoping to have one and keep it for a long time. At least for a place where me and some friends can chill for no reason.

Another question. I have gold members but after finishing the Legends of Norrath tutorial it says i can't do scenarios until I buy the game. what's going on??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sgtmattkind
Mar 9, 2005

I haven't play this game in over 2 years. I still got my (prolly now out of date) dlvld twink on Zek along with a 65 Druid :3. I remember PvP back in its hayday. Man this brings back memories...

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

sgtmattkind posted:

I haven't play this game in over 2 years. I still got my (prolly now out of date) dlvld twink on Zek along with a 65 Druid :3. I remember PvP back in its hayday. Man this brings back memories...

There's still a point in de-levelling in PvP? I remember how they ages ago made it so that you can only keep +2 levels worth of extra skills as you de-level.

sgtmattkind
Mar 9, 2005

Pilsner posted:

There's still a point in de-levelling in PvP? I remember how they ages ago made it so that you can only keep +2 levels worth of extra skills as you de-level.

I dlvld him from 65 to 30 back in like, 2003 I think lol

sgtmattkind fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Mar 17, 2012

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Everyone make sure to find an invite to <Ascending Fearboners>

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Apple Craft posted:

Can anyone enlighten me on any useful benefits there are for Silver over Free? Or is SoE simply not good at incentives? Because it seems like SoE has put all their eggs in the subscription basket and there's no way in hell I am going to sub EQ1 for $15/month.

GodIsInTheTrees posted:

We've pretty much determined anything below Gold is pure poo poo and not even worth trying. The restrictions are so severe you're basically useless

I find Silver to be playable. 6 bag slots sucks, but it's tolerable, compared to only 4 especially. And 1000 AAs are a lot more than 250. For someone who just wants to explore and see what's changed, 1000 AAs are a ton to get you started. And at that point the gold limit is 500pp per level, which in the 60s at least is still fine.

No Journeyman mercs sucks, but my Apprentice is still servicing well for grinding out the AAs at 65. I couldn't solo, but with the merc I can take on a couple of Hole mobs at a time. That's a noticeable improvement.

The only really lovely thing is the class restriction, but classes only cost like $3.00 I think. Just don't super-size your next fast food order. If you bought any station cash yesterday, that'd have made it $1.50.

If you're planning on going to max level or any near-current content, then I could see some of the restrictions start to be an issue. And you definitely couldn't raid with only 1000 AAs, I'm guessing. But Silver gets you a lot more for the solo game (at least until this merc can't handle his poo poo). I'm hoping that before then some guild groups do stuff then at least.

The only really lovely thing that I can't find a way to overcome is I can't set up a trader in the bazaar. No biggie, more for the guild bank!

Stanos posted:

Plus the constant popups are irritating. Tabbed out to two new firefox tabs telling me to go gold or silver.

I got 1 in-game pop-up in like a 3 hour play period. I get it in-game when I log on, click minimize, then I'm good for the rest of the session it seems. When I exit the game it pops up a browser window. That's pretty ignorable IMO.

Pilsner posted:

At level 65, don't spend more than 500p per item. You'll find a lot of non-Defiant items between level 65 and 75 at obscene prices, but they're not worth it. Stay the course until level 80, then invest in decent lvl 80 gear.

Thanks for the help man. I already spent more pp than that, but I really didn't care. I had about 29kpp on my toon from PoP, and at 65 with silver the pp limit is 32.5kppp. Since I plan on staying at 65 for a while (probably 200-300 AAs for funsies, then see if I want to push to 70), I figured I should burn through some pp anyways. Got everything except earrings and rings replaced, with 21kpp left, I think.

What are some good WR bags? I have 3 good ones from my old toon (Treasure Hunter's Satchel, 2 Leatherfoot Haversacks). Didn't know if there was an easy and quick way of getting another couple, besides buying a Tink bag for like 5k.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
So is Ascending Fearboners the new guild? I'm ingame as DizzDizz trying to beat this loving underfoot scenario [LoN]. Who would I go to about getting an invite?

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

you could do quite a bit with silver if didn't mind the merc/plat limits. Can easily spend 1000 aa in the hole just filling your bank with vendor loot then eventually upgrading to gold, im sure you could spend at least a month at sub 1000 aa having fun.

edit-I was trying to think of guild names for if/when we lose Ascending Fearboners and here's a couple

"Platinum Member" - we can say we pay 25 bucks a month for extra services

"Ominous Latin Word" - trolling all the guilds that do this

"Goon Squad" - obvious

totally open to suggestions just want to be ready if gms are like yo change your name NOW.

Beo fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 17, 2012

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Can any of you ranger players tell me when Headshot becomes a worthwhile way of levelling? Is it poop until lvl 79 and plane of fire?

xZAOx posted:

What are some good WR bags? I have 3 good ones from my old toon (Treasure Hunter's Satchel, 2 Leatherfoot Haversacks). Didn't know if there was an easy and quick way of getting another couple, besides buying a Tink bag for like 5k.

From ye olde OP:

If you have enough platinum to spend (around 5k total), I would advise investing in the new 14-slot bags, that are all nearly weightless and have 100% WR. Search the bazaar for "Unexpanded Tailored Legendary", and buy any type that suits you. Now go buy Abu-Kar's Arcane Solution from any (Tailoring Supplies) merchant, combine the solution and the bag in a loom or sewing kit, and bam, you have a 14-slot bag.

The Unexpanded bag should be around 3k, and the solution costs 2.5k from the merchant.

There's also Vrald's Silken Sack from a fairly easy solo quest in Loping Plains, you should be able to complete it in your early 80s.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I really want to re-sub but my computer died and I'm currently using my 8+ year old computer that can barely run the game, never mind trying to dual box. I'll probably end up doing it anyway though!

YO! Noid
Sep 12, 2008
In as Noid the Iksar Monk. I need to get out of Crescent Reach and go do Kern's Tower for maximum nostalgia

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Quick question;

If I have an account with some characters that aren't the F2P classes/races, do I need to pay a subscription to access them? Or can I do F2P with my old characters?

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Carl Seitan posted:

Quick question;

If I have an account with some characters that aren't the F2P classes/races, do I need to pay a subscription to access them? Or can I do F2P with my old characters?

From the FAQ:

quote:

- Races and Classes: Any character you created before February 29th 2012 will be playable regardless of race or class. New characters that you create will be limited to the four available races and four available classes unless you purchase access to another race or class or upgrade to gold.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Awesome, thanks!

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
oh my god, im going to end up playing this again, arent i

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...
Just in case this helps anyone, but if you log in with your old account and you're missing you last 2 inventory slots, there's a little gnome parcel merchant next to the Dogle bank in the Plane of Knowledge where you can reclaim the stuff that was in those slots.

I think you only have until 4/15/2012 to do it, though.

I was freaking out because my Epic was in one of those slots.

Bemis
Jan 5, 2010
65 rogue 20ish AAs with J1 tank merc here, was getting my rear end handed to me by dark blues in The Steppes. Should I stick to The Hole or what?

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Beo posted:

"Ominous Latin Word" - trolling all the guilds that do this

Haha, yes please. I'd love having Puga run around with this while grouping with my Ranger, member of Morituri Te Salutamus.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Also voting Ominous Latin Word. It's not quite Ascending Fearboners, but it's close

Global
Feb 20, 2004
Just transferred my mage off of Drinal to Luclin. In as Global.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Bemis posted:

65 rogue 20ish AAs with J1 tank merc here, was getting my rear end handed to me by dark blues in The Steppes. Should I stick to The Hole or what?

The steppes has really strong hitting high HP mobs. I would hit up DSH at that level, you can probably solo some crows, and beg for farm groups, the exp wont seem so good but once you turn in the tasks it's worth it.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Bemis posted:

I was always a fan of the Hole even though it can get tedious after a while. Liked the atmosphere of the area and the mobs being Kunark era hit like wet noodles for the most part.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

sgtmattkind posted:

I remember PvP back in its hayday. Man this brings back memories...

High level rangers de-levled to 20, kicking your rear end with a tantors tusk and level 60 skill caps. Good times!

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Holy poo poo if that mission had taken me 5 more minutes I'd have lost the aug to crash and be really loving pissed right now. They better have my aug saved on my character :mad:

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Pilsner posted:

Search the bazaar for "Unexpanded Tailored Legendary", and buy any type that suits you. Now go buy Abu-Kar's Arcane Solution from any (Tailoring Supplies) merchant, combine the solution and the bag in a loom or sewing kit, and bam, you have a 14-slot bag.

drat, none up right now. I'll have to keep checking.

Edit: Sweet, some guy just put up a ton at 4k each.

Note - before you can combine it, you have to go to the guild lobby. Go to the NW corner, click on the gate, and pick any of the things in that list, and hit "go". Inside there, look for Garik Nogflop, and buy "Garik's Secrets of Bag Expansion". Right click it, scribe it, then you can make the combine in the loom behind him.

xZAOx fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 18, 2012

talaena
Aug 30, 2003

Danger Mouse! Power House!
Lovely OP, thanks for the info. I've only just skimmed it so far but it's already answered some dumb questions. I'm poking around after 8 years away from the game. It's free, so why not? I'm a 65 druid and I've gone so far as to find a tank Merc and stroll out into Akheva Ruins (as it was the easiest place to port to with lt blue mobs that I could remember).

Killing seems to take forever, but at least the merc holds agro. My old way of soloing was with a 2nd account. I like the merc better since I'm lazy. Reading this thread has gotten me a bit more excited to try EQ again.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

talaena posted:

Killing seems to take forever, but at least the merc holds agro.

That is the other issue with tank mercs that eventually happens as you get out of the level ranges where they are god-like. Tank merc DPS in the higher level game is pretty mediocre, especially so if you dont have a class around that can provide haste and other helpful melee buffs.

vez veces
Dec 15, 2006

The engineer blew the whistle,
and the fireman rung the bell.
I spent the last couple hours just dicking around in Tower of Frozen Shadow with a buddy, and with a couple mercs to help we got to the 7th floor (for the first time) and killed the Fabled Tserrina.

EverQuest still has the potential to be fun. I can't believe I'm thinking about spending money on this game again.

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
So I'm torn, assuming I stick with this (which I likely will until GW2). I'm nostalgic for my bard, but it seems we have a crap load of them, same with the monk. Nobody is playing beastlord though, are they total poo poo or do they have group and solo value?

DeathTongue
Jul 13, 2001
My old 51 Necro from Tarew Marr is hiding out on Drinal. Might have to pay for a transfer if there are goons to play with.

Char is Xeudaria

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Would be cheaper just to buy the race/class unlocks and start over on Luclin. Since there's basically nothing an old 51 could have that's worth worrying about now. And it's just 2-3 days of casual leveling to get to 60.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Have Some Flowers! posted:

Just in case this helps anyone, but if you log in with your old account and you're missing you last 2 inventory slots, there's a little gnome parcel merchant next to the Dogle bank in the Plane of Knowledge where you can reclaim the stuff that was in those slots.

I think you only have until 4/15/2012 to do it, though.

I was freaking out because my Epic was in one of those slots.

I didn't see it :( Where is it?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

SalTheBard posted:

I didn't see it :( Where is it?

I can't remember his name, but bring up your map, hit the "find" button, and sort by the left column. Scroll down until you find "Parcels" in the list, and hit whatever the button is and it'll make a little glowy trail that will take you right to him.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

DeathTongue posted:

My old 51 Necro from Tarew Marr is hiding out on Drinal. Might have to pay for a transfer if there are goons to play with.

Char is Xeudaria
I played on Tarew Marr back in the day as Iendyar the rogue. Were you ever in any guilds?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Playing for free I only seem to have one choice of starting location. Is the OP a c/p from the old thread or outdated in some other way?

edit: Not that it even matters, no way I'll give a game a shot when the camera is as bad as this one's.

Cliff Racer fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 18, 2012

Not Grover
Nov 6, 2007

Cliff Racer posted:

Playing for free I only seem to have one choice of starting location. Is the OP a c/p from the old thread or outdated in some other way?

Brand new as of 3/16/12. What's your name? Don't forget to /autojoin serverwide.gchat:fygm and get a guild invite to <Ascending Fearboners>. See you in game!

wilhelm2451
May 2, 2008

Awesome OP!

Rolled up a warrior as a silver account on the new server, Vox. Be nice to be on a server where the economy hasn't been totally pooched... yet.

Gotta go look at the interfaces Jotto linked next.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Bob Loblaw posted:

So I'm torn, assuming I stick with this (which I likely will until GW2). I'm nostalgic for my bard, but it seems we have a crap load of them, same with the monk. Nobody is playing beastlord though, are they total poo poo or do they have group and solo value?

Well uh I'm not going to tell you to NOT roll a bard, but it's going to be hard to help a bard out if there are like 9 of us in the guild already, also I wouldn't transfer a bard over that doesn't have a decent amount of AA and is level <70

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...
Is the Fellowship Experience mechanic still in the game? How does that work, and experience sharing from a higher level killing mobs for someone else lower level in the same group?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

So we should start doing some older world raids once a week, to hold peoples interest in the game. We would need some clerics, some tank bros, but people could get some really fancy gear, from some of them. We could brainstorm this week about what we would want to do, while everyone levels their characters up, and gets AA so that maybe next Wednesday we could take on some cool content.