Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retrievil
Dec 11, 2004

Lionbacker
I post this poo poo everytime there is any interest in EQ. Still playing after all these years, it's seriouly still the best mmo out there. I've tried them all.

I play on the Povar server. Any goons want to play there and want a leg up, I'll throw you some pp and/or gear. If theres enough interest, I can log on my wife's druid and powerlevel people to 60ish in an hour or two. The powerleveling, I suggest you don't do. A tank merc will get you to 60 in a couple days and you'll need that time to get used to playing (or playing again as the case may be).

I'm pretty 'serious business' in my regular playtime, but I love some gooniness when the opportunity arises. Can cross server tell me if you want some advice. Don't ask me any melee questions though because I know gently caress all about that. Necro, caster, gameplay, quests, that poo poo I can help you with.

Don't waste my goddamn time if you are only going to play for 5 minutes though.

Retrievil fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Mar 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Somalian server, aka Firiona vie reporting in. I play on Luclin as well, but all my high level characters are on my only server since 2002, Firiona Vie.

If you decide to leave the safe harbors and come to where the pirates live, send a tell to Minaj if you need help, I am an expert on Shadowknights, Rangers, Wizards, and Bards. Don't ask me about any other classes because I don't think there are any in the game, as far as I know. I can powerlevel you very quickly and efficiently because I have a sk/bard/ranger/wizard at my disposal. Only if you're a goon, and no butt stuff tho.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Cervixalot posted:

So rangers are pretty soloable and useful these days?

Rangers are amazing at high levels, but there is a really significant AA investment to get to that point. Of course they also have the best solo ability in the game (headshot), but it is also pretty irrelevant until the 80+ game.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Tolain posted:

The worst part of EQ for me is getting relevant information. So much stuff I look up is circa 2004 and I have no idea whats changed. We seem to have some pretty pro monks here, so I had some monk questions. I'm level 70 with ~450aa.

1) Monk forums said to pretty much ignore enhanced aggression and planar power until you have thousands of aa. Why is that? Is it something that's obsolete until way later on, or what? I could see with gear way back when, having stuff at the attack cap was probably rare, but I think every piece of gear I have now has between 10-40attack on it, so that cap is definitely in play.

2) Kick mastery? The two posts I read on it said they only added 10 damage per rank to each base kick. that doesn't seem too hot right now. Am I wrong and is it something that should be prioritized?

3) Obsolete AA? I also read strikethrough can reach 100% really easily with only 6 ranks in it, VOA gear, and a few ranks of other aa. On that note, what about slippery attacks? It seems like if strikethrough is easily maxed, slippery attacks would also be pretty useless.

4) Whats a good level to leave crippling strike at? Damage doesnt seem like a big deal at all considering when you would want to use it, so does snare max out at a certain point? At rank one it seems pretty weak and they can still flee pretty quickly

5) Combat stability/agility? I was maxing it out as I leveled, but again, the monk forums made it sound like after rank 15 or so the returns arent worthwhile till way later.

1) I think enhanced aggression is alright, ATK is nothing to sneeze at. At a certain point it becomes too expensive though. Planar Power is, as said, crap, because the old school base stats are just poop and add very little.

2) What Not Grover said. Kick AA's are very much worth it. Kick is a significant part of monk dps at high levels.

3) Here's what you need to make strikethrough-ing. source

6/15 Strikethrough
3/4 Tactical Mastery
35% from worn gear mods (the "Strikethrough" mod)

4) Crippling Strike is not worth it. It has a long cooldown, does little damage, and you will be just fine without. Even at high levels, snaring isn't that much of a deal. Instead, invest all you can in Stunning Kick (the higher the rank, the more damage) and AAs that reduce its cooldown, along with Kick-enhancing AAs. At high levels you can dish out major hits with it, and it stuns for 3 seconds.

5) Here's a post detailing the returns from the first many ranks of CS/CA:

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/showpost.php?p=287248&postcount=2

You get less for your buck, but it's still an extremely good defensive AA. It depends on how much trouble you have tanking though, if you mainly DPS (with a tank merc or box setup), it's not that important (but still good).

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Well after coming back and playing a bit, I have now almost officially undinged myself back to 64. Oh gosh.

From dicking around in the newer areas: money is everywhere. Greens my pet can solo are dropping 30 plat each. Remember the days when we were selling Fine Steel for 4 plat a pop and felt like rich gods?

The Luclin/PoP era necro spells are now practically worthless. Took a look at the 61-70 spells in PoTranquility. For 200plat I can have a level 61 spell that does more than double any of my current DoTs. I just need to get that 200 plat, as it seems like I loaded all my cash off when I quit.

Tomorrow will be spent researching and seeing what the heck I should do now. I'm guessing I'm ridiculously undergeared now, so I guess I'll see if any of these new-fangled "quests" are worth looking into.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
I am wondering if epics are even worth the effort anymore.

I am playing my beastlord. I've done the epic quest before many years ago and I am finding that the epic isn't worth the hassle. I can level up quickly in hotzones and the weapons I am using now from the guild bank smoke the epic in performance.

That and the drat traps in the Grey spawned "The Fabled Boulder" twice on me resulting in insta-death once and pure frustration the second time.

What do you guys think: Keep leveling and return to epic hunting later or just give the whole thing a pass?

Not Grover
Nov 6, 2007

cryptoclastic posted:

The Luclin/PoP era necro spells are now practically worthless. Took a look at the 61-70 spells in PoTranquility. For 200plat I can have a level 61 spell that does more than double any of my current DoTs. I just need to get that 200 plat, as it seems like I loaded all my cash off when I quit.

What server? There are a number of richer goons (Landric/Frokka/Bojangles) who don't mind parting with some pocket change to help you get going.

Keith Stone posted:

What do you guys think: Keep leveling and return to epic hunting later or just give the whole thing a pass?

If you are on Luclin, ask literally any of the goons in the channel, and probably half of them can come out and solo any of your epic fights. If the 1.0 is lovely, definitely either try to muscle through it, or do the 1.5 prequest, and definitely get your 1.5/2.0 done, because the clicky is awesome and irreplaceable.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...

cryptoclastic posted:

Tomorrow will be spent researching and seeing what the heck I should do now. I'm guessing I'm ridiculously undergeared now, so I guess I'll see if any of these new-fangled "quests" are worth looking into.
As far as mid 60's gear goes, it's tough to beat Elaborate Defiant gear for the cost.

There's also a lot of gear that becomes wearable at 65 that should be cheap in the bazaar, and it's very good.

You can also buy Elaborate Defiant pieces from a Vendor in the POK for your Ears, Neck, Face and Rings.

There is a hot zone quest guy in the POK over by the Guild Hall entrance who gives you daily quests. The rewards for those are Elaborate Defiant for your Waist, Back and Shoulders.

I'd say go hire a tank merc, and then go roll through lower level content for money. At 65, you could be farming in a number of old world spots that would still give you exp, and you'll be getting stuff like gems and just raw money drops.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...

Not Grover posted:

If you are on Luclin, ask literally any of the goons in the channel, and probably half of them can come out and solo any of your epic fights. If the 1.0 is lovely, definitely either try to muscle through it, or do the 1.5 prequest, and definitely get your 1.5/2.0 done, because the clicky is awesome and irreplaceable.

Yup, and that is what makes Luclin so much fun. My current frustration is the collection part of the quest.

I guess if worse comes to worse I can beg someone to empty a zone until the stuff drops that i need. If you're familiar with the beastlord epic, I'm talking about the drops from stonebeasts in the grey and the stuff from Xi Vius in Maiden's eye. Thanks to my merc, the fungal padding dropped after only a few camping trips.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

If you are around 65-75 you should be checking pop zones for your fabled pet weapon droppers, if it's up I'm sure a high level goon would be willing to run out and one shot it. The fabled weapons will be great for farming aa at 75 and grinding to 80 when you can use house of thule gear. If it's not up and you can camp the area for xp I'd consider that also.

torgo
Aug 13, 2003

Fun Shoe
I have a few questions.

I have a 65 shaman that I haven't played since LDoN. I never managed to get his epic (1.0) completed. Assuming I level him up a bit, would it be possible to finish it solo?

The big issue I saw last time when I was considering doing this was that Plane of Fear was still basically perma-camped for Amulets of Necropotence(or whatever the skeleton transformation item is called). While other epic drops might stick around for a while, the drop I need comes from a level 1 mob that spawns after the golem dies, and the corpse poofs pretty quick. Assuming I find them up, I still have to deal with the death touching golems. Can a merc eat the death touch, and give me enough time to kill it before it death touches my shaman?

Also, is that stupid door in City of Mist still locked? That would make that part kinda annoying. I know in theory I could faction up on an easier turn-in and just turn in the scale, but I would rather do it the "right" way.

Finally, could I do all this on the free to play plan? Or can you only play the race/class combos that are on the free to play list?

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006

Ckwiesr posted:

They also just put every spell up to level 85 (rank 1 for the ranked ones) on the vendors in PoK. They can get slightly expensive, but it's ten times cheaper than what they used to be on the bazaar.

I logged in to check this out, and holy crap it's amazing. Spells that used to be going for 100k+ plat, if there was even one on the bazaar, are now being sold for 450 plat at a vendor in pok.

So, I got my three accounts going, and leveled up a brand new ranger from 1 - 40 just doing the Tutorial, Crescent Reach, and Blightfire Moors zones. This took me one evening to do. The best part is I did all that in the gear I got from the Tutorial, because the tank merc is amazing.

The other thing no one really has talked alot about is the Extended Target. This makes such a huge difference for this game, and I wish they had this back when I raided with an enchanter so I didn't have to keep track of the 6+ mobs I had mezzed in my head.

I'm leveling a Ranger named Bahanahab, but I honestly don't know if it will end up my main or not. Anyways, I'm on the Luclin server, and have Henessy a mage and Odrin a shaman too.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
Is the station store screwed up for anyone else? As in- Instead of showing my points balance it just shows '...'. I've logged in and out a number of times and in game or the character selection screen, this hasn't changed. However, if I go to the station website in my browser and log into my account it shows the balance just fine. I'd like to buy my two server transfer tokens while they're nearly half off, but it doesn't want to let me at the moment.

EDIT: I guess it was a temporary thing, didn't know the store was so finnicky.

Creative Bicycle fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 20, 2012

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
Anyone ever had any luck recovering very old accounts? I don't think I have the CD keys anywhere, and god knows what email address I was using in 1999. I tried every possible combination

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
For some quick money, along with some exp potions and other fluff, do the tenth anniversary quests: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4843

While they're scaled to your level, at 69-70 I was getting hundreds to thousands of platinum per quest.

The Veeshan one is in pok and takes less than a minute to finish, most of the others only require running around to many of the older zones. There's only a few that involve combat, and a mercenary should make those quite easy for any character that's the correct level. Plus I think it's more fun to restart the game with some nostalgic exploring instead of heading straight back into the grind. I recommend starting all the quests first so you can do several different objectives at once and minimize your backtracking.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Vomik posted:

Anyone ever had any luck recovering very old accounts? I don't think I have the CD keys anywhere, and god knows what email address I was using in 1999. I tried every possible combination

Yeah, I did yesterday, and posted about it. The account I recovered was last played in 2004

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

JakeP posted:

Yeah, I did yesterday, and posted about it. The account I recovered was last played in 2004

Hmm... sadly I don't even have a clue what is the email address tied to it, but they gave me a list of ~ 7 things + the secret question. I don't know the CC nor the cd key. Hopefully the answers to the rest is enough.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
Does equipping SK pets work the same as magician pet with the folded packs? Anyone tried doing this with a twink alt?

VesperEQ
Jun 11, 2009
Haven't played since my Veeshan days in 2000, but this OP makes me want to give it a try. I wonder if I can even find my old accounts...

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

torgo posted:

I have a few questions.

I have a 65 shaman that I haven't played since LDoN. I never managed to get his epic (1.0) completed. Assuming I level him up a bit, would it be possible to finish it solo?

The big issue I saw last time when I was considering doing this was that Plane of Fear was still basically perma-camped for Amulets of Necropotence(or whatever the skeleton transformation item is called). While other epic drops might stick around for a while, the drop I need comes from a level 1 mob that spawns after the golem dies, and the corpse poofs pretty quick. Assuming I find them up, I still have to deal with the death touching golems. Can a merc eat the death touch, and give me enough time to kill it before it death touches my shaman?

Also, is that stupid door in City of Mist still locked? That would make that part kinda annoying. I know in theory I could faction up on an easier turn-in and just turn in the scale, but I would rather do it the "right" way.

Finally, could I do all this on the free to play plan? Or can you only play the race/class combos that are on the free to play list?

Shaman epic has almost no fights, so I'd wager you can solo it with a tank merc. It's really easy, I did the whole thing about a month ago.

Alas, the fear golems are still camped very much, "just because", and for the AoN's. Mercs can't eat DT's. Your best bet would be poking your head into PoF often (preferably on a ranger alt with tracking) and seeing if either the golems or a broodling is up, that's how I did it. When the golems were finally up one day when I logged in, a guy was already killing them, but he let the Iksar Broodling live. In case the Broodling isn't killed, they will stay up for a long time. If you ever seen them up, ask any goon for some quick help to kill the golem.

The doors in CoM are still locked, but you can glitch through any locked door by shrinking yourself twice, camping right in front of the door and logging back in. Voila, you can walk right through it.

If you have the shaman already, you can play him on F2P.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Vomik posted:

Hmm... sadly I don't even have a clue what is the email address tied to it, but they gave me a list of ~ 7 things + the secret question. I don't know the CC nor the cd key. Hopefully the answers to the rest is enough.

I called SOE this morning to try and get access to my old account. I didn't know the cd keys, email, last 4 of the CC, or even the account name. I gave them as much info as I could and the guy was cool about it and gave me access.

I'll have to log on later and take a screenshot of the /played time on my rogue and shamefully post it in here.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
Post pics of goon hilarity plz. Guess I'll be spending my time on Emulated servers until either they fix the issues stemming from everquest and c50/c60 processors or I manage to get enough money to finally upgrade to a new comp. Either way I'm hosed for now.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Ckwiesr posted:

I called SOE this morning to try and get access to my old account. I didn't know the cd keys, email, last 4 of the CC, or even the account name. I gave them as much info as I could and the guy was cool about it and gave me access.

I'll have to log on later and take a screenshot of the /played time on my rogue and shamefully post it in here.

I knew a guy with at least over a year game time during PoP, it can't get much worse than that.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

i'm gonna work on getting this tomorrow

torgo
Aug 13, 2003

Fun Shoe

Pilsner posted:

Shaman epic stuff

Thanks for the info. Since it's F2P now, I'll probably try leveling up a bit and trying my luck in PoF. It's always annoyed me that I never could get it finished. I might hit up Drusella Sathir(I can't imagine people camp her much anymore hopefully) for the last bit for my Spirit Wracked Cords, another quest I never finished but wanted to.

It's also awesome that the camp/logout trick still works. I remember doing that to get across Siren's Grotto back in the day.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...
I was able to solo my epic 1.5 as a Shaman around 70 or 75 I think. It's very doable.

Does anyone have any advice for what quests/progression lines affect your character's permanent stats? I seem to remember some instanced dungeon quests that could do that.

Retrievil
Dec 11, 2004

Lionbacker
Dragons of Norrath expansion offered 5 'special' aas that you earn by doing quests and factioning. They add hem, crit, and some other stuff. For sure worth doing. Also, the omens of war expansion offered 6 'trials' that each increase your resist caps. There are other special aas but they are mostly for raiding (no snare in dsk aa for example).

Epic 1.0's arent really done anymore. Every class has an alternate quest for a fake epic 1.0 that just allows you to start on 1.5. You can do the alternate quest in about an hour usually and it way easier than loving around with permacamped epic 1.0 poo poo.

You do not need to camp out to do the shrink door trick. This is how it's done.

Shrink.
Be in first person and 'look' through the door (clip your head through the door)
Click any illusion that is bigger than your shrunken form (pretty much any one, potions work too).
The second it lands, go forwards and you will pop through the door (might take a try or two to get the timing down).

This doesn't work on every door (vergalid mines comes to mind), but it works on 99% of them.

Retrievil fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 21, 2012

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Could a 92 paladin and 95 shaman beat The CPU fight in the mech guardian anniversary group task? It seems pretty tough with the four adds that spawn every 20% and hit for 7k.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
I seem to remember a one loot macro button you could make, but all the websites I'm looking at don't have jack for targeting corpses. Anyone know what the hell I'm talking about, because it has been so long I might be thinking of a different mmo.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Just to add, DoN progression AAs are nice but require faction for the raids, which means grinding tasks OVER AND loving OVER. I will puke if I ever step foot in Creator again, therefore my SK is dealing without them cause gently caress DoN. The MPG OoW Trials are dirt easy now except for the chest one, but have 2hour lockouts, so it takes a day to get them all done, which means gently caress those too. I did them for SK but ugh never again.

You also don't need shrink to glitch through doors, any mount or illusion will work. Just run directly into the door and click off illusion/mount = profit.

You can also glitch the CPU fight. Tank merc + cleric merc, have tank hit CPU, neither of you PCs do anything. Seriously, sit there and watch the mercs solo it. The adds don't aggro mercs, so they can kill CPU alone. It's hilariously broken

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Bahanahab posted:

I seem to remember a one loot macro button you could make, but all the websites I'm looking at don't have jack for targeting corpses. Anyone know what the hell I'm talking about, because it has been so long I might be thinking of a different mmo.

I just have a macro that has

/target a
/loot

as its two lines and spam that. Almost everything you kill starts with the letter "a" and so long as your merc has a different name this will work a treat. You have to manually target "named" mobs.

Don't forget to have "/hidecorpse looted" activated as well each time you login when you leave all the quest/tradeskill junk lying around. Some of the mobs in the Stonehive had 10+ items on them of which maybe 1 was worth picking up.

If you are just jumping into EQ again on an older account, check your LON collection. You might have 50+ bonus packs to open and possibly even a legacy claim card that has 300hp mounts etc on it.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
How about those Ascending Angels? These guys are hilarious. Been more or less harassed since I "stole" a generic gnoll camp. Which was level 14. I've missed EQ.

As for equipment; i am playing magician. Should I worry about equipment or just use whatever I find? Only 24 at the moment.

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004
Finally got this installed on my Air. Originally tried VMing it but it was not to be, so now finally am dual-booting. Just for EQ 1! Insane.

I managed to quickly log in to see where my characters were nowadays. I have a 65 Wizard and a level 40-ish Cleric and Enchanter. Not on Luclin though.

I fancy a change so will probably level up something new instead of transferring them across, and besides, I could always transfer them later on.

But what to level? I did always have Necro envy... Might give the Enchanter another go too. How do those two go with Mercs?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Kortel posted:

How about those Ascending Angels? These guys are hilarious. Been more or less harassed since I "stole" a generic gnoll camp. Which was level 14. I've missed EQ.

As for equipment; i am playing magician. Should I worry about equipment or just use whatever I find? Only 24 at the moment.

They're *still* giving you poo poo? Lolololololol

Anyways, I'm newly back to the game but picked back up with my 65 monk, but I've seen people get to about 60 in a few days of casual play, so it doesn't seem too important. The general pattern everyone follows seems to be:

-Get the best tank merc you can (pay $5 for silver, get an A5 merc, or if you sub get a J1 merc)
-Take a nap while he powerlevels you to 60
-Grab your level 60 defiant gear

Before that, if you find usable defiant gear in the guild bank, by all means, grab it and use it, but noone really seems to fret over it too much. I'd guess as a Mage the only really important thing would be to stop by whatever that spell merchant guy is every 10 levels or so and buy everything new, especially your pet spells.

So in other news, big thanks to Kodaji/GodIsInTheTrees for all the help and assistance! Answering all my nub questions, farming me up a weapon for when I hit 75, and running me through several of my 1.5 fights. Pretty sure he's been helping all kinds of people out too, not just me by far. We unfortunately hit a roadblock last night when we found out, at midnight, that I apparently have to do all the Plane of Justice trials to get a 7th hammer key, lawl. So it sucks that it was unexpected, but the trials themselves sound pretty fun to do (except for running back through the jail every drat time), so it's both good and bad. Hopefully some other 60/70s goons will want to join me this evening to run some of them to get themselves keyed, or otherwise get a higher level to run me through them too :)

Not Grover
Nov 6, 2007

xZAOx posted:

So in other news, big thanks to Kodaji/GodIsInTheTrees for all the help and assistance! Answering all my nub questions, farming me up a weapon for when I hit 75, and running me through several of my 1.5 fights. Pretty sure he's been helping all kinds of people out too, not just me by far. We unfortunately hit a roadblock last night when we found out, at midnight, that I apparently have to do all the Plane of Justice trials to get a 7th hammer key, lawl. So it sucks that it was unexpected, but the trials themselves sound pretty fun to do (except for running back through the jail every drat time), so it's both good and bad. Hopefully some other 60/70s goons will want to join me this evening to run some of them to get themselves keyed, or otherwise get a higher level to run me through them too :)

If I recall correctly, only one person per group has to have the key to the 7th hammer; I'll be on this afternoon and tonight, and I have one. Also, Kodaji is a nub.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...

Kortel posted:

They're probably pissed off about our guildname. Ascending Fearboners = Ascending Angels

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Beo posted:

If you are around 65-75 you should be checking pop zones for your fabled pet weapon droppers, if it's up I'm sure a high level goon would be willing to run out and one shot it. The fabled weapons will be great for farming aa at 75 and grinding to 80 when you can use house of thule gear. If it's not up and you can camp the area for xp I'd consider that also.

It should be noted that any pet AA you have will also work with the swarm pets. So the swarm pets will flurry, crit, all that good stuff. It's pretty ridiculous.

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004
I have a 65 Wizard. Given I last played in Planes of Power, what should I do? Which Merc is best at this level? The guides talk a lot about Mercs _up to_ level 65 but I'd like to know where to head at this point.

The Hole is touched on but in the OP but happy to try somewhere new.

Not Grover
Nov 6, 2007
Following the hotzones is typically a good idea. At 68(?) if you go to the farm in Dragonscale Hills, it's very good xp; there are repeatable tasks to kill the beetles/birds/scarecrows, and it's usually pretty easy to find people to go. What server?

As for mercs, a tank merc will probably work out for you for a while longer. If you kite a lot, or that kind of thing, you might consider a wizard dps merc to double up on damage/kite speed, but that's purely conjecture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Not Grover posted:

If I recall correctly, only one person per group has to have the key to the 7th hammer; I'll be on this afternoon and tonight, and I have one. Also, Kodaji is a nub.

You're correct for getting into the 7th hammer - but according to ZAM, if the monk isn't the one who has it, then it won't spawn the epic version.

The normal version can drop the piece too though, which would get me in, but according to Monkly Business, if the monk isn't flagged, he won't be able to loot the corpse.

So basically, they want to PoJ trails to be part of the monk epic. Along with tailoring and pottery being around 130. Baking needs to be up there too, but haven't seen a trivial on it yet. Weee!