Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
How much would I hate myself if I built out a melee 6-box based around Quenos for the new TLP?

I've spent almost no time around there and it would be kind of fun to build a themed group using barbarians and humans, but I kind of worry about getting stuck so far from the major locations without teleport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Qeynos start is suboptimal but You have access to basically every class between Qeynos/Hallas/Erudin.

Have one of your boxes be a Druid or Wizard and you can port yourself.

Its not really that bad running to Freeport after your first few levels either if you don't like it.

The xp is a little slower due to mob densities in QH/BB/Karanas but it's still perfectly doable.

I pretty much always start in Qeynos due to nostalgia. Blackburrow is way more fun than Crushbone or Befallen.

Malaria fucked around with this message at 09:44 on May 24, 2023

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

xZAOx posted:

What plugin/macro is this one!?

YALM (Yet another loot manager). It's in the Lua section where most of the neat things come from these days. There's also Lootier which is pretty nice as well, but missing YALM's ability to bulk categorize things (like giving ALL tradeskill items to one character). Lootier is much more user friendly if you don't care about that one function though! It has a little GUI and is really intuitive

Richlove
Jul 24, 2009

Paragon of primary care

"What?!?! You stuck that WHERE?!?!

:staredog:

Fair warning. Once you go down the RG rabbit hole, there is no going back. It turns EQ into a whole new fun experience where you want to constantly tweak and run your group/raid through content you never completed before solo.

Very much needed if you are playing outside of TLPs where population is sparse.

Arae
Jul 27, 2003

Richlove posted:

Fair warning. Once you go down the RG rabbit hole, there is no going back. It turns EQ into a whole new fun experience where you want to constantly tweak and run your group/raid through content you never completed before solo.

RG is awesome until your account and computer(s) get flagged. It doesn't matter "how" you use it the suspension will eventually occur. Then it will keep occurring until you quit. It's usually 7 (or 30) days, but they time suspensions with expansion releases so it's a buzzkill.

A legal supported box setup would make a killing profit wise. All they need to do is the movement, targeting, and some limited broadcast commands. Let players pay to 6 box and direct suspensions towards the people automating raids.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

People keep saying that, but here I am anyway after years of usage, never once been suspended, not even from TLPs where MQ extra isn't allowed. Don't use active hacks, don't be an idiot/rear end in a top hat, don't make it starkly obvious you're using MQ, you're fine. People get suspended when they get reported by other people. There is definitely no automated detection and banning happening with non-active hacks because there's nothing they could detect in the first place, it's not rewriting any memory.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
What I find interesting is how much DBG and RG like...they know each other exists, and they half work together. Like the whole "okay, we'll make our version of MQ not work on progression servers". They've had a feature or two that they *removed* because DBG asked them to (I forget what it was, saw it on the forums the other day while searching about an issue).

Just interesting. I feel like DBG half thinks "ya know, this is practically a valid way to play our old rear end game. Just don't be destructive towards other people, and we'll be fine with it. At the end of the day, it gets us more money, so long as these things aren't scaring away other users."

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

That is exactly what they think. They couldn't care less as long as nobody complains to them about you. They're bringing in 6x cash on people running entire groups

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Wanna not get reported while tooling? If a leveling group walks into your camp and you are automating, offer them the exp mobs and you keep the loot mob. Or just go to another pick. The lesson really is don’t give people a reason to complain about you or know you as that troll who hasn’t left the frenzied room for 24 hours.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Bonus exp is active now until late Tuesday - 50% exp/rares/faction and 20% marketplace discount - I've stocked up on exp pots !

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
MQ2 is everywhere on live, it's not hard to spot. I wasn't even on FV where the botters have a direct reason to want to automate farming/making money. Don't be a nuisance to the public and don't afk automate for hours on end where you're going to see foot traffic and there won't be problems. I saw plenty of MQ2 botters on my last live stint. There's a reason they sell a group automater that only works in instanced content.

There's going to be people who are never going to agree with what you're doing (and to be fair, it is still against the EULA) but unless you shove it in their face they'll never know. I'd sometimes get looky loos when I was going so I'd stop pulling and "rebuff" until they got bored or left.

But yea, I think DBG is more than happy to let MQ2ers go as long as they aren't making problems they have to solve.

dakuroot
Sep 22, 2003
^________^
oh god the last TLP I played was Mischief and I played till half-way through Velious. I had an ENC named Endosmoke and it was a lot of fun. Someone got me an invite into a great guild and we had a blast (I even got my epic during kunark lul.) I think i'm gonna do a Wiz this time around so I can make some plat TP'ing until Luclin comes out.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

dakuroot posted:

oh god the last TLP I played was Mischief and I played till half-way through Velious. I had an ENC named Endosmoke and it was a lot of fun. Someone got me an invite into a great guild and we had a blast (I even got my epic during kunark lul.) I think i'm gonna do a Wiz this time around so I can make some plat TP'ing until Luclin comes out.

Join us in the discord, should be a link on the last page! There's a few of us in the guild Nightfalls Guard as well, we plan to start raiding on the 7th.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Got my box crew up to 61 currently. Things are starting to slow down pretty good, transitioning towards a more typical rhythm. Definitely made good use of the bonus exp this weekend though. Might get to 63 before the real world resumes tomorrow?

Also getting near the "defiant ain't cutting it" point too. Honestly my gear is hot trash. I've been doing the dailies to keep those 3 slots good at least, and buying whatever's cheap, and only very rarely does something worthwhile drop. It's working well enough - managed to score some defiant weapons in particular for real cheap which is super helpful.

Everyone recommends gribbles for 70s-100. But also a lot recommend TBM for gear. How is farming missions for TBM stuff? Remnants come fast, or should I ignore TBM and just do gribbles (which apparently gives marks which gives gear up to 100-ish too)?

Keep in mind that I'm planning on being F2P at times at least, so I'm just looking at the non-prestige gear, and I don't have pp to blow on the bazaar (remnants are 100pp for only a single seller, lol).

Unrelated - Veksar is a cool zone! I've never really been here. Spent a lot of 50-62 here. Was nice to dig into a new zone.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

xZAOx posted:

Got my box crew up to 61 currently. Things are starting to slow down pretty good, transitioning towards a more typical rhythm. Definitely made good use of the bonus exp this weekend though. Might get to 63 before the real world resumes tomorrow?

Also getting near the "defiant ain't cutting it" point too. Honestly my gear is hot trash. I've been doing the dailies to keep those 3 slots good at least, and buying whatever's cheap, and only very rarely does something worthwhile drop. It's working well enough - managed to score some defiant weapons in particular for real cheap which is super helpful.

Everyone recommends gribbles for 70s-100. But also a lot recommend TBM for gear. How is farming missions for TBM stuff? Remnants come fast, or should I ignore TBM and just do gribbles (which apparently gives marks which gives gear up to 100-ish too)?

Keep in mind that I'm planning on being F2P at times at least, so I'm just looking at the non-prestige gear, and I don't have pp to blow on the bazaar (remnants are 100pp for only a single seller, lol).

Unrelated - Veksar is a cool zone! I've never really been here. Spent a lot of 50-62 here. Was nice to dig into a new zone.

You are not going to get enough remnants to replace your gear every 5 levels, I can tell you that. When I played recently I just funneled my remnants to my tank and coasted more than I'd like to admit off bad gear for my other 3, only bothering to upgrade my weapons and letting high level MGBs carry me for the most part. The scaling in TBM is pretty hosed in some spots too, I don't quite remember the breakpoint but around ~104 or so it swaps to a different scaling system and bosses start shitkicking. Meanwhile gribbles and most other HAs are an utter joke in comparison.

You may also want to auction you're buying remnants, some people will cut you a deal since they aren't terribly useful in modern EQ outside of being last I checked the best heroic augs for f2p.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

A lot of those recommendations are based on f2p, where only certain expansions have usable gear, and even fewer have type 5(?) augs that go in almost every gear slot. Gribbles/TBM fill all those slots for f2p boxes while scaling the missions pretty low, so if you have enough patience to grind the same 3 drat missions 500x, that's the optimal way. Almost all of the recommendations on RG are going to be f2p-oriented because everyone has 50+ accounts there.

They get REALLY loving boring though, so my new box crew I defaulted all gear to SK and expansion hopped the whole way up. This was my path as 6box (SK, Shm, Bard, Bst, Ber, Rog/Nec):

1-75ish: Defiant works fine enough if you pick up a few pieces on baz for your tank. Definitely worth spending a tiny bit of plat here to make these go easier, tank gear is still really cheap for these levels and you only need a few pieces.

75ish: Unless you're incredibly morally opposed to spending a single dime, sub/krono your tank here. You're going to have an awful experience with a low-AA tank from now on, so you either have to grind forever or krono once. Rest of this post assumes you've krono'd the tank and have auto-grant on it. If you don't want to sub, you'll have to stick around in each of these zones for more days/weeks to grind your tank's AA to an appropriate level to handle content. This is sadly not optional, EQ expects your tank to be max-ish AA for each expansion henceforth and balances around it.

75-85: Tank needs gear at this point, go camp Warped Steel pieces from SoF. They drop from FM/Beza, which are also amazing xp zones. You can *always* find a MQ-able camp somewhere in these zones no matter your gear. Just keep upping the pull radius as you get stronger. You can technically buy the armor from bazaar, but the xp is so good in these zones for janky box groups there's no need. Do your leveling here while you deck out your tank. Everyone else can stay in defiant/whatever/nothing. Your tank is going to be feeling a bit of pain depending on bazaar gear, so you can also grind xp in RSS or DSK to add some starter AC augs while you're getting great xp from them anyway. Buy/steal/borrow the best shield you can find and put your fattest AC aug in it.

85-92: Straight to HoT expansion. Oddly you do *not* want the T1 armor drops here, because they require tradeskilled templates that don't exist anymore on baz. The T2 armor, however, does not. You need only the T2 named drop and some money. Grounds is the ticket here, which you can fully handle fine in SoF/bazaar gear. There are lots of safe camps in the zone where you can keep upping pull radius and snagging more and more nameds. I let my crew grind here in the background for days while I was working, and all 6 emerged with full HoT gear

90-95: There is a MASSIVE open field in HoT: Sanctum Somnium if you go through the giants portal. There is a guide for it on RG and nobody is *EVER* there anymore. I set up for more days here and the whole crew was pretty decked out by the end. This was also the start of earning real money. I picked up ~4 krono worth of bazaar sellable things between here and Morell's Castle quiver camp (also on RG) while grinding xp, but held onto them because my crew wasn't struggling much yet.

95-102: I moved to Grelleth's Palace in RoF. I know the zone really well and it has several great pickups for named loot I already knew about and wanted. Definitely not the fastest, but easy/safe and got me shields for everyone (including SK) as well as a few other nice pieces for SK

103-112: Demiplane of Life in TBM. This is my new favorite empty zone in all of EQ. It reaps all the same f2p benefits as the normally-recommended TBM stuff, but it's a HUGE wide-open non-instanced zone with 20+ places to camp in complete safety. My entire box crew emerged from this in full TBM + all the goodies with zero input from me other than running from one camp to the next. Absolutely amazing zone for box crews. In the total 100+ hours I spent here, only 2 other people ever zoned in, and neither came remotely close enough to trigger any problems. I cannot overstate the awesomeness of this zone. Almost everything you can get from mind-numbing mission repetition, you can also get here, even f2p. At this point, I was making enough from loot sales/vendor trash (everything in this zone drops diamonds+) to krono all 6 boxes for auto-grant without using any of my saved krono earnings, which I did. This is the last point you can auto-grant and it will save you literally tens of thousands of AA worth of grinding to do so on each box.

112+ grind xp got ravaged, you have to do progression/quests now, glhf. You can shell out for MQ2Grind, but it's only good for AA at this point. You must now quest in Everquest, but you're pretty decently geared and AA'd for free to do so now. On the upside, there are TONS of buyable AC augs in bazaar finally. You can absolutely deck your tank out with them, as well as buyable Snowbound gear. My crew is at 118 now and handling everything fine

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Yeah, I'll 100% drop some krono on characters, the tank first. My plan is to make sure they all have non-prestige gear though (at least as a backup set) in case some day I want to gently caress around for a little bit, but not really dig my heels in. Like my bard has great gear (well, for TBM when I quit), but now he's punching mobs and naked lol. I just don't want to lock myself into prestige gear "permanently" is all. Especially since I don't plan on raiding with any of these guys. Just group stuff.

I found out about Paragon armor/achievements! It's a big step up from defiant. Level 75 ~800 HEM gear. Looks like the related achievements/tasks span 75-80. I think I'll start on that stuff as soon as I can, which will really help me into HoT armor after that.

Thanks for the list of killing places - I don't know if I have the balls to fully automate the group, at least not yet heh, but they're still good places to grind. It sounds much more interesting than grinding gribbles or TBM missions. I may also do progression on some expacs too, not sure yet, but that'd also break stuff up.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
i think the last f2p friendly aug spot was TBM and its laughable compared to modern EQ. I think they top out at like 400hp when getting 1k on an aug isn't uncommon in the newest expansions. You may want to stop there anyway like Kodaji said because it's fairly abandoned and once you can handle named the augs are pretty nice for the effort and again, also f2p friendly. Same with the type 5s you can buy with remnants. Although if you do TBM prog you'll be drowning in the drat things anyway.

For your tank you may want to look at the tradeskill stuff at 106+ too. I had tradeskills already at a vaguely okay spot but you could probably find someone to make it for your tank and it's pretty nice stuff. Overseer shits out the materials as an option if its too pricy on the bazaar. If you aren't interested in buying expansions the ToV crafted stuff is pretty nice and you can get a hold of the metal for it pretty easily for your tank. The EW mission is a joke and shits out 2 at a time for like, 5 minutes of work when you get it down. That same EW quest also has a pile of loot in it too, it's pretty good for quickly gearing up shitter boxes. Past that at least on Bristlebane a lot of terror of luclin t1 camps had botters at them.

Arae
Jul 27, 2003
I had low expectations, but the Oakwynd FTE changes work a lot better than I expected.

Trains are no longer an issue in most cases. The mobs run right by your camp. They slowly return to their spots and mostly ignore you. I did have a few trained NPCs cast heals onto my fight (on their way back), but they didn't stick around to fight.

The trains are actually kind of fun now. They are usually split apart enough for you to pull specific mobs out. An organized effort could train the entire zone and have a second group snipe the named.

The FTE changes also added a delay when NPCs spawn. Monsters now wait a few seconds before attacking. It's annoying at first, but I started to enjoy it. I hated the "room spawns" that were attacking before I could see them on screen.

This is my first Monk, but feign death seems overpowered with FTE. A single FD instantly clears all agro. I remember monks waiting for monsters to "forget" them, but there's no waiting with FTE.

I don't plan to raid on Oakwynd, but FTE seems good from a casual perspective. Removing trains is against the "spirit of EQ", but they caused serious grief to other players.

I wish the Legacy experience bonuses made more sense, but the server has other good things. The FTE changes, character specific AoCs, tradable heirloom loot, and evolving bonuses (exp, loot, cash, spawn time) will make this a great server for alts.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
They're hoping to have a new EQ game out in 2028.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W71tqYcAeI&t=6803s

I haven't listened to all of it. he says more info later, not sure where that is in this.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Here’s the slide that’s going around with a little more detail than the conference call version.

It looks an awful lot like a phone game to me. $30m budget. Premium game with MTX.

I don’t know that you could do a modern MMO with that budget, let alone an EQ3 with all the expectations and baggage that would entail.

Additional interesting data regarding monthly revenue by title:

EQ is doing about half the revenue that DCUO is bringing in.

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"
What's the best class to start from scratch if I just want to mess around wasting time grinding AAs and run around exploring zones I've never been to before? I just signed up for all access so I think I have the good merc to boost me to a higher levels fairly quickly.

I doubt I will last until I'm max level and be tackling current content. I started a rogue but he's still in the tutorial zone currently so I can change if rogues aren't good for what I'm looking to do. If whatever reason I do stick with the game is it fairly easy to find groups at max level if I don't want to box accounts?

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Beach Party posted:

What's the best class to start from scratch if I just want to mess around wasting time grinding AAs and run around exploring zones I've never been to before? I just signed up for all access so I think I have the good merc to boost me to a higher levels fairly quickly.

I doubt I will last until I'm max level and be tackling current content. I started a rogue but he's still in the tutorial zone currently so I can change if rogues aren't good for what I'm looking to do. If whatever reason I do stick with the game is it fairly easy to find groups at max level if I don't want to box accounts?

Not sure about Live but maybe Necro or Monk? Feign Death is awfully useful for exploration.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Bard also jack of all trades, with invisi, speed and regen. easy to group with if you just wanna see older stuff your charm will murder zones and get picked up out of lfg

You'll be expected to pull tho

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beach Party posted:

Monk

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Monk. Necro. Zerker.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Been a few years since I last logged in and explored, but I would generally use my Bard, perfect amount of utility for that. Fade isn't working? Hightail it out of there at mach 1.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
Every era is a little different but some things are always in need. My server is entering the later era of the game and we have mercs and most of the QoL changes. In an era with mercs and severe population fall off, the rate limiting class for most groups seems to be a tank. Tanks are the center of cliques and what most groups need to attack harder content. There is plenty of other merc groupable content below that, but I see people complain about needing tanks the most. In earlier eras, this is less the case because there is a glut of SKs.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Keeping a tank geared is annoying if you can't get a raid spot with one.

Paladins are usually rare enough that you'll always have a spot, at least. But then you've got a paladin to play in group content. :v: I should do that sometime.

I think next TLP I play I might main a cleric.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
I've managed to get a gnome cleric to a respectable tinkering level and, if you go cleric, the clockwork watchman armor they get is an absolute blast to use once the recipes open up in Velious. Full set has rechargeable invis, see invis, +30 dex/str buffs, SoW and 40% spell haste

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Playing group geared tank is a whole night and day difference from a raid geared one. Everything is incredibly painful even after you camp the almost-infinite amount of tank items/augs. I'd rather mage pet tank than group-geared tank.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
Depends on era I suppose. SoD/85 and after it’s been a lot easier keeping the tank geared. Group gear gets rebalanced a fair bit after statflation creates more gear tiers. OP has mercs, so they’re not in the earlier era where tank gearing is more painful.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

if you play a group geared tank on a recent expansion, play a knight and buckle in to grind like 40k aa

play sk if you want most of your playtime to be spent mashing a multibind full of lifetaps, play a paladin if you want to be able to root park adds

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.
I got the itch recently so I leveled a monk and a shaman up to 77 on Mischief, and then had the bright idea to bring an actual tank into the group instead of relying on a merc. I leveled a dude up and I now have a 75 SK to go along with my monk and shaman. Two questions:

1. I did my 2.0 for my SK (surprisingly easy), is it worth it to get epics on my Shaman and Monk?

2. Are there any profitable things I can do with my 3 box team? I'm a little low on plat now after gearing up the SK.

Pro tip: Best Buy sells USB numpads for :10bux: that are awesome for multiboxing. I picked up a couple today and it really smoothed things out for me. I can put em right next to each other and hit the buttons on both at the same time with one hand.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

shm 2.0 is absurdly strong do get it

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

joem83 posted:

I got the itch recently so I leveled a monk and a shaman up to 77 on Mischief, and then had the bright idea to bring an actual tank into the group instead of relying on a merc. I leveled a dude up and I now have a 75 SK to go along with my monk and shaman. Two questions:

1. I did my 2.0 for my SK (surprisingly easy), is it worth it to get epics on my Shaman and Monk?

2. Are there any profitable things I can do with my 3 box team? I'm a little low on plat now after gearing up the SK.

Pro tip: Best Buy sells USB numpads for :10bux: that are awesome for multiboxing. I picked up a couple today and it really smoothed things out for me. I can put em right next to each other and hit the buttons on both at the same time with one hand.

Definitely get shaman 2.0 it's good forever.

Tradeskill items probably sell, otherwise not much sells afaik that's not current (and in some instances previous expansion) raid gear, other than twink items which don't really sell for a ton.

Not money related:

Get to 80 and do OMM missions (old man mckenzy), they're monster missions (so you shroud down to lower level characters that are geared appropriately), the group missions will drop a 600hp/mana item out of a chest that will transfer to the character you loot it on and you will also get 1 brew; the items are no drop as are the brews, brews can be used to purchase gear from OMM as well, you can also sell gear that you don't need that drops from the missions. Nothing else comes out of the missions with you. If you can get in on pugs or at least get TAs for the vox/naggy OMM raids, they give 2 brews as reward and they drop 2x 900-1000hp/mana items. I guess you do get like 1800plat for each group mission completion and some for raid as well.

I use mage/necro/cleric for the group missions but they can be soloed with the enchanter shroud as well.

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.
Sweet, thanks for the tips! I'll def knock out the Shaman epic then. This guide (https://www.eqprogression.com/shaman-1-5-epic-pre-quest-guide/) says that it's faster to just do the 1.0 vs the 1.5 pre-quest, is that still true?

Could I farm a Globe of Discordant Energy on my own with my 3 box team at this level? For my SK, I read through the 2.0 quest while I was camping something for my 1.5 and saw that I needed to go to Anguish. I assumed I couldn't do that on my own, so I resigned myself to just having the 1.5. Maybe 15-20 minutes later someone put one up for sale in the general channel and sold it to me off a corpse in Harbinger's Spire for 50k. I didn't even know it could drop outside of Anguish.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

joem83 posted:

Sweet, thanks for the tips! I'll def knock out the Shaman epic then. This guide (https://www.eqprogression.com/shaman-1-5-epic-pre-quest-guide/) says that it's faster to just do the 1.0 vs the 1.5 pre-quest, is that still true?

Could I farm a Globe of Discordant Energy on my own with my 3 box team at this level? For my SK, I read through the 2.0 quest while I was camping something for my 1.5 and saw that I needed to go to Anguish. I assumed I couldn't do that on my own, so I resigned myself to just having the 1.5. Maybe 15-20 minutes later someone put one up for sale in the general channel and sold it to me off a corpse in Harbinger's Spire for 50k. I didn't even know it could drop outside of Anguish.

There's an event in ... harbringer's spire I think is the zone, top of the spire, it has multiple chances to drop an orb, there's some way you can prolong it and get more chances too if needed.

The mini nameds in anguish can also drop orbs, so can the raid trials in MPG, obviously you need 6 to pop the raid zones.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Oct 10, 2023

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

joem83 posted:

Let's put it this way - I camped my bard in PoDisease trying to get the tsetsian drop for the pre-quest and during that time, did the entire 1.0 over on my shaman and still never saw the 1.5 drop. It's absurdly bad drop rate.

And yeah, the orb can drop in harbingers because of Mischief fuckery. It's probably the easiest way to get it. I trio'd it with SK/shaman/bard at 75, but the drop isn't guaranteed. It was a little tough though, but you can probably use mercenaries there now so it should be doable.

I'd still probably push up to 80 first, depending on your gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008

I can also do a quick anguish mini run for you if you want, doesn't take long with my group to knock it out, send Gegen a tell in game or shoot me a PM here and we can work it out; I should be around a good portion of today.