Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

GodIsInTheTrees posted:

Holy loving epic OP dude. REALLY well done. I forgive you for goons2:1 now

Oh also, might want to note that for the next 2 weeks, the character transfer tokens are on HUGE SALE to encourage people to come back and join their friends. Seriously they're like 2 dollars

No my goon friend, those are not on sale for 130 SC(1.30), only 3 items are. Those are normally 25$, while they are on sale, the discount is not quite that big.

Also holy loving OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Shut up shut up shut up the servers are down SHUT UP, I can't sleep and I wanna play this game I loving hate.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Mike1o1 posted:

I have the game installed and was playing fine a few days ago, and have an active subscription paid through April 15. Now when I click to try and play it's asking me where to install the trial. Is this just a part of the servers being down? I don't want to have to re-download everything.

Also, I have a few characters on Povar that I'm tempted to transfer over to Luclin. If I can transfer them and keep all the gear, I'll probably do so, especially if the items go on sale!

71 Ranger with a few hundred AA and Epic 1.0
80 SK with 650 or so AA and epic 1.5
57 Monk with no AA
50 Bard that I'm bored of playing

So far I like the SK the best, as swarming is really fun now that I'm at 80. 75-80 was painful, and I basically just bought task adds to power through that range. I've never played any of these characters in a group setting, so I'm hesitant as I hear SK's are super gear dependent and I don't really know how to pull. =/

I played a high end bard and ranger during Velious so I'm familiar with those group concepts, but I have no idea how tanking or pulling have changed since then. Any quick guides on 80+ grouping roles and what to expect?

Don't know about the EQ problems, since all it says for me is the servers are locked.

Sk pulling is easy once you get the hang of it, all you do is use your AA snare and AA feign to lose aggro quickly. As far as grouping a SK, yes you will need a lot of AA, specifically all the ones that help you swarm, your shield ones are very important, but other than that it's keep aggro and don't die.

Bard pulling has changed since velious with the inclusion the instant aggro wipe/invis combo known as Fading memories. Basically pulling as a bard is very easy and you would get the hang of it much faster than SK pulling. As a bard 80+ your main job is to type /melody 1 2 3 and play your 3(or 4) best songs nonstop. Those songs are so good that you will be loved.

As far as rangers go, you need to put out a lot of DPS. There is a very specific ranger AA guide in the list of the OP, on one of the ranger forums. I'd tell you more but I'm a headshot ranger :colbert:

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
GAME IS UP GO GO GO

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
F2p is completely useless, good luck doing anything when you can't wear any equipment.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Butt doctor forever in our hearts. Semper fudge :(

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Somalian server, aka Firiona vie reporting in. I play on Luclin as well, but all my high level characters are on my only server since 2002, Firiona Vie.

If you decide to leave the safe harbors and come to where the pirates live, send a tell to Minaj if you need help, I am an expert on Shadowknights, Rangers, Wizards, and Bards. Don't ask me about any other classes because I don't think there are any in the game, as far as I know. I can powerlevel you very quickly and efficiently because I have a sk/bard/ranger/wizard at my disposal. Only if you're a goon, and no butt stuff tho.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Why is a goon removing other goons from a goon guild? This seems. ..So familiar.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

GodIsInTheTrees posted:

HAHAHAHAHAH there is now officially a F2P scrub guild and a non-scrub guild. Goon Guild splits own. Also whichever one of you raided our guild bank, enjoy that suspension, because a bunch of us just petitioned it. You guys keep rockin on with your low post counts, FYAD spam, spam begging for help, and entire lack of understanding of the game.

Whichever one of you still had alts I missed in the guild last night knows who the "silent" complainers are, since guild chat turned into a wave of THANK YOU FOR BOOTING THOSE IDIOTS soon after you left :bigtran:

@Pon - no idea who you are in game, but it was due to overwhelming popular opinion due to most of the guild being sick of seeing the same few people dumping stupid poo poo into guild chat and failing at basic poo poo then begging for help every 2 minutes. Nothing special, just culling of the herd. Ascending Fearboners lost 3 people who ever said a word, their alts, and some random join4guilds. We're still the same, just less FYAD (as you can see above)

Edit - Caig and Zancii are still in Fearboners, not sure why you're listing their names but keep going :v:

This goon guild drama is amusing. I am Minaj/Zanzabar on Firiona, Gnocolm/Ssirious on Luclin.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Bahanahab posted:

How are SKs vs Warriors in a pure tanking, and keeping agro, terms for a group at the higher end? Lets say if both had all the AAs they need, and all the gear, which one could handle multiple mobs easier from a damage mitigation perspective and a keeping the mobs off the rest of the group perspective?

Both are equipped to keep aggro off, so if they are both on the same page, both could easily fulfill the role. A SK has many, many aggro gaining spells and AA that are area effect and build over time. SK could handle just as many mobs because of their shield AA and epic healing/visage of death if poo poo really got bad. They have great damage mitigation and ability to heal themselves. A Warrior could also handle the mobs, as well tho.

Unless it's very high end raiding, you don't need a warrior. A SK can pull off the job just as well. If you're grouping in VOA/HoT, a SK can tank all of that content.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Firiona goons can send tells to Zanzabar, Minaj, Ahmad etc etc if you need help.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
EQ is definitely retarded, but this is not normal for stuff like this to happen. Normally its patch day, oh servers are down slightly longer than Sony said, okay then you can play. Yesterday's patch was breaking everything, instances, mercs, equipment, and that isn't normal at all. Then the patch to fix that patch was broken, so we need another patch or Xzibit now.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Will you be my Firiona sugar daddy, with all your rich potion stuffs, I'm a girl on Firiona so buy me raid gear :wink:

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I was PLing in the mech guardian anniversary task, god drat it Sony. GOD drat YOU.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
In other news, the butt doctor is back from exile.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
RIP to all our fallen heroes, and the goon guild. It was just too beautiful for this world. RIP to the butt doctor, Gnonotmybutt. Who knew "Now let me tell you about bitcoins" could troll an entire server. Goonspeed.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

meat gnome posted:

I still remember the good doctor calling some guy fat in general, that guy then saying, "gently caress you I'm in the army", the good doctor asking him if his unit was the 403rd donut, and the guy then rage logging.

Anyone get into the RoF beta yet?

Oh god he was so beautiful. I LOVE YOU BUTT DOCTOR. :(. Even when people put him on ignore, he still managed to keep trolling. "Ben "Hot off the press" Bernanke."

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I hate all of you. Every single loving time I read this thread, oh man it sounds fun and BAM, as soon as I log in, I hate myself.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Neurosis posted:

Once you get into a group and kill poo poo you remember why EQ was fun.

I've been playing EQ on and off since 2002, and I've been trying to that nostalgia back ever since then. No game will ever capture that terrible magic. Now we've finally did it, there is a level 100 cap. I don't know what to say about that :(

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The "magic" of Everquest was the sense of exploration, the unknown, and the incredible danger. It's basically "Back in MY day, we walked 15 miles uphill in the snow, barefoot."

It's all nostalgia, anybody who was there in the day can remember how infuriating the game could be sometimes. Dying a bunch of times and losing your corpse, all your items on the corpse so you can't even fight, and you have to find a necromancer/pay a necromancer to summon your body, then find a cleric to resurrect your bodies. . .

Everquest is like a very attractive person jerking you off really roughly but sometimes its so rough you just explode all over them. Yeah, that sounds right.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

JustJeff88 posted:

I hate to have to tell you this, but you could stand to work on your metaphors.

I could stand to not play EQ either, but once again I find myself wanting to subscribe.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

JustJeff88 posted:

I can't justify paying a monthly fee (I work long hours), but now that my computer is working properly again I'm tempted to open another Silver account on Luclin and start that wizard/enchanter/shaman/ranger I've always wanted.

You have my unlimited commiseration.

Silver accounts are terrible. You can't use any good items. Everquest did free 2 play totally wrong.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I fondly miss the goon guild, and the goon chat channel. As quickly as we came, we were gone.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Firiona vie(aka Somalia) is populated enough again. No drop means you can buy whatever you want in the bazaar, making things easier, and there is an experience bonus for playing here. It is not a ghost town like it was last year. Please goon rush my server this year, I can help establish goons on this server as I have a bard, ranger, wizard, and shadowknight who are all level 95 or above.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Firiona vie needs an image change. Somalia doesn't fit it's current state, we should be upgraded to ATLEAST Yemen.

Also gently caress you guys, come to Somalia. Oh god I did it again.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Bring back old school Firiona Vie rules, only 1 character per account, and people from different alignments can't group together :colbert:

Also ye olde roleplayers and dark elf women lesbian guilds.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Meow Tse-tung posted:

My favorite ye olde roleplayer was still around last year. (S)hes a bard who plays flagged pvp so her songs can't touch anyone and then roleplay complains that groups don't want her and spent the majority of playtime flirting with general chat.

Ye old roleplaying server, probably the server with the highest concentration of weirdoes/mental issues, and terrible, terrible roleplaying.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Pilsner posted:

Any of you testers know if the triple XP RAF bonus stacks / works on Test?

Also, I seem to not have the Rain of Fear expansion on Test, anyone else?

RAF bonus was so sweet. Glad they grandfathered it in, it's like cheating.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Come to Firiona Vie, clearly the best choice (Not test, unless you like boxing with 16 man team, alone).

No other server can you get the old gnome mask from sleepers tomb, or buy your way to the top. Think about how awesome no no drop is, plus, ye olde roleplayers, and as a bonus, Lucerin is STILL here.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Cbear posted:

FV it is. Is there a guild that will take a couple scrubs? We're not going to be begging or anything. Just want to ask random dumb questions occasionally.

Send all dumb tells/questions to Zanzabar on Firiona Vie(that's me, not just some guy I feel like trolling).

I can also hook you up with equipment/money as well because you're a goon(shh it's a secret club).

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Ninkobei posted:

Yeah, Mrthedevious, you should try to learn how to swarm.

Side note, SOE is having a triple station cash sale Friday the 21st from what I understand. It's a drat shame we can't get gold subs for it any more..but it does have other uses.

That was the best use by far. The other uses are trivial compared to that, God drat it Sony.

And the goon password for the channel is fygm(gently caress you got mine).

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

MrTheDevious posted:

I know, right? I almost replied to him with a snarky rear end in a top hat comment, but then I just decided it was :shobon: that he didn't know who I am hahaha.

Not being able to sub via plat/SC any longer is why I moved to Test and won't really play anywhere else. GG Sony.

Well, triple station cash, 15 dollar walmart card..plus 500 bonus sc, so 60,000 sc, spend 45 dollars and you have 180ksc, we can see why they figured that was a really bad idea.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

r3v3n4nt posted:

You know 2000 x 3 is 6000, not 60,000, right?

Crap, I messed up the numbers. It's 100 points for every dollar, I just messed up the decimals. The point still stands that triple SC and buying sub time was hilarious.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Never say never. A lot of us never thought EQ would last this long, or reach level 100, but here we are. Sony isn't completely retarded, they are just very very slow. We might get a box plan in 2014!

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Potime on an 80 SK will be tedious and slow as gently caress. Stuff there has massive amounts of hitpoints and you will be there for 5 hours.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I can take a character from 1-85 in a day, but again I have refer a friend(3x) exp when grouped, double xp pots on command, and a SK to swarm. If you had to do it the normal way...tedious as gently caress.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

jetz0r posted:

Gamparse is basically the only option for a log parser. To find your logfiles, just use. 'Open game folder' from the patcher.

I know on the high end that wiz mercs on burn destroy rogue mercs and most players. They put up about 20k dps on burn mode and about 12k on balanced. On burn mode they WILL be tanking, even sks have a hard time holding aggro against that. But that's for a L100 J5, I have no idea how they compare at lower levels.

I've had several groups recently where we summon max wiz mercs and try to keep them alive instead of deaaling with the stupid things tank mercs do. Also owns to have groups sustaining 80-100k dps, don't need to keep the merc alive for very long.

If you put a wiz merc on burn mode, there just ain't no getting that aggro back. I can throw all hate generating spells and AA at the mob and it's not coming back.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
If you're on Firiona Vie send Zanzabar a tell, I'll be more than happy to help a gooner out. Yes, I will give you money. No, I won't do butt stuff.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
After many tells, I can confirm that I will do butt stuff. Rip to Ryantear, Gnonotmybutt, and all the other fallen. Ascending fearboners, the sixboxers, shout out to all those who couldn't make it because gently caress everquest(amen)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

MrTheDevious posted:

I take no responsibility if you listen to me and get banned (you won't), but if you're 3-4 boxing and willing to spend the $ on ISBoxer, you might as well drop $5 on MacroQuest too. After a couple hours configuring everything, I had a setup where my Monk/Bard/Sham were 100% automated and acted like Mercs only perfect. I could pull a mob with the SK and just do my SK thing while the monk and bard worked their way through all of their abilities/songs, the Sham kept Lion/slow/buffs/etc up, group healed if more than 1 person was hurting, fast healed if the cleric merc couldn't keep up. If I had an add, the bard would keep it auto-mezzed until the SK targeted it instead while still keeping a secondary melody going and attacking the main target. You can configure burn setups so you press a button and all of a sudden all 4 characters are burn rotationing, the /stick works flawlessly even around tiny corners instead of relying on EQ's /follow, you can set up characters to auto-loot mobs and even have them ignore certain drops that're worthless....

Basically anything you can come up with some sort of criteria for, you can script and automate. Also you get to see where every mob in the entire zone is the minute it pops, including filtering only for nameds.

A certain person who isn't me who I won't name managed to set up a fully automated box group that grinded for AA totally alone while he was asleep.

I would never play this game again without MQ2. It labels the dangerous/will-get-you-banned poo poo and makes you check a huge ARE YOU SURE button before any of it's enabled, plus once you see how MQ2 works, you'll realize half the groups you run past on Luclin are actually MQ automated. Nobody ever gets banned unless you use it for the stupid poo poo like warp. I know of at least 4 of us who used it in the way I described above for 2+ years daily and never heard a peep about it. If any of you guys remember that crazy Fabled Agnarr raid we did last year where we wiped a few times then it suddenly went flawlessly, it was because a couple of us turned on MQ2 after that second wipe :v:

I need this. So sick of switching between my sk and necro or bard or whatever whatever over and over, distracting me and making me play one of them half assed while I tab back and forth. All the god drat necro has to do is dot and wash his hands.