Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
Some friends of mine are playing on Phinny so I might join them in a bit. Do the UIs in the OP work correctly? And how out of date is the info for prog servers? I read up the P1999 wiki as that seems up to date but I have no idea.

I'm thinking of playing a Druid and maybe boxing another char. I haven't played EQ for a long time so any advice would be helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

I made my char, ran out and killed some beetles before having to rest for like 5 minutes. It's just like 2000 all over again. :pcgaming:

How do I join the goon channel?

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

My friends starting playing again so I got sucked back in as well. This time I actually decided to box on Agnarr; I'm running a SK/Sha combo.

I might buy a krono to twink a little, is there anything I should focus on getting from the bazaar?

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Tai posted:

White dragonscale cloak and Reaver for sure.

Blood Ember BP is quite nice.

Either Runed Bolster Belt, Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt or, Runebranded Girdle for haste. You could go cloak of flames for your haste but then you'd lose your Improved Damage 3 on the cloak (it's a big deal).

Boots of flowing slime are pretty nice to level up with as it has a bit of mana regen.

I wouldn't bother twinking your shaman if you have an SK. Maybe grab a few cheap focus items like Djarns ring, Necklace of Superiority, Obulus death shroud, Black iron Medallion

Thanks for the info, I'll go look for some of those items in the bazaar when I get home. Going by their stats on Alakazam, I doubt I can get them all for under a krono though lol.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

So my friends and I are starting to get near 46 on Agnarr.

Once we all get 46, should we just go to PoJ/PoN immediately?

I think they wanted to farm some old world content too, like Seb or Chardok, but are the beginner planes the best for exp in PoP?

Edit: Our group comp is pretty melee heavy; War, SK, Rogue, BST, with one Mage. We have 2 Sha and 1 Chanter box or grouped.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

I got into a Velks entrance group yesterday and I'm going to be coming back for sure lol.

I think I actually got exp faster then I have been before, the ZEM on Velks must be pretty high.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Since this thread has had great info so far, I'm coming back for more. My friends and I are all mid-50's and Velks is still good but we haven't hit lower dogs or OC (Outer Castle?) yet.

What are some other good places to exp if people are bored of killing kobolds?

Grieg's End, Maiden's Eye, Kael Drakkel? Also I wanted to start farming some darkforge for my SK Epic, is Cazic Thule the low level zone still or is it all 50-60 mobs?

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Givin posted:

The Darkforge part is still skippable I believe with clever use of the hide skill and standing behind the dude.

How do you skip this part? Also I might not be too friendly with the residents of the Overthere after spending some time in KC.

koreban posted:

Agnarr, right? Do you guys have LDoNs yet?

Grieg's is good, so is Umbral Plains monkeys. Plane of Justice might be ok if you go deeper in near the caves. If you can do the Execution Trial you can get access to PoValor, which is fantastic in that era. PoNightmare hobgoblin caves are dense and good if your healer can keep up.

I'm still partial to lower dogs and outer castle, myself. If for nothing else than the amount of velious armor gems and spells drops makes it a good place to earn plat while you're leveling. If you look up your armor quests, you might even hang on to enough to make yourselves sets of the Thurgadin armor. You can go to Kael and farm the Arena area at probably 56+ and start factioning toward dwarves and getting the armors. It won't hold up against the planar poo poo that drops in T1-3 of PoP, but it'll hold you over until then, for sure.

Yeah we're on Agnarr. No LDoN yet though, I think that will be in a couple of months. I was going to wait on planes until 60, but if they're groupable before, we might go check it out.

I thought lower dogs was similar level to upper dogs except just faster/more grouped spawns. I think OC would be good too but none of us have ever been there.

I'll take a look at some of the Velious armor as well, I definitely need to pick up more AC instead of spending all my money on weapons.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Are the servers still down from maintenance? My friends said DBG gives bonus exp days for extended downtime, have they done that in the past?

Also I partied with a Ranger who had headshot, what were the original developers thinking when they gave rangers that ability?

OGS-Remix fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 21, 2018

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

FranktheBank posted:

Yes, Yes.

Give a cool skill to a class that sucked dick for (at the time) like 3 years,

Ok good to hear that we'll probably get some extra exp.

Knights didn't get anything nearly as cool as headshot. :colbert:

The only thing I remember being good at was taking DTs. :rip:

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

I finally hit 60 on both my chars so now I'm ready for the real grind. The keying quests all look like pains in the rear end, is there any order I should try to do them in?

I got carried through the PoJ trial so I'm keyed for Valor and Storms. People said Bastion of Thunder is good to keyed for and also I need to look for pickup Grummus raids for some reason? Is Grummus for Plane of Disease?

Also for AAs I'm guessing I should focus on the tanking AAs on my SK and pick up the dps ones later. The tanking one's actually seem kinda OP if they give straight avoidance in addition to raising the AC cap.

For Sha should I just beeline straight for Canni?

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Republicans posted:

Apparently if you're in a group and someone else in your group accepts a raid invite you'll just join that raid and get all of their instance lockout timers . Now I'm hosed out of running plane of fire with my guild for this week. What a crock.

I feel like there should be a That's Everquest smiley similar to the XCOM one.

On a more positive bug/feature last week a friend of mine died in a pick that was collapsing. He got rezzed and put into the main instance, except he also had a body there as well.

So he got rezzed again and actually gained exp from dying. :shrug:

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

So Legacy of Ykesha unlocks on Agnarr today, anything particularly interesting? Or just frogs?

Also I have to say VT keying sucks. :suicide:

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

koreban posted:

No one debuffs, least of all full stacks debuffs, which can make a huge difference. There are no bard alts for caster groups or even mana song whoring, and no one seems to know about the Druid epic giving a spell damage bonus when it’s applied to a mob.

Are you talking about the later druid epics? ZAM says Dru epic 1.0 is a dot with no other effect?

Also you probably chose servers already but I like Agnarr because it's stopped. You know there's an endgame and it's not a race to keep up with each expansion. The last time I played EQ was during original Velious era so it's all new to me anyways.

So depending on what nostalgia kick you're going for Agnarr can be a decent server.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

nawledgelambo posted:

Hi. This comes roughly 4 hours prior to the new TLP announcement, so funny that this has become a thing, in any case, I'll post it here anyway if anyone's interested, and I'm not interested in playing on any other server.

Agnarr, specifically Charge the Lair will be running a fresh level 1 to 65 (re)progression run. What does that mean? Most, or all of us are running brand new characters and moving back through group level and eventually, raid content. We have many people on board, so groups will be plentiful and plenty to do. If you are looking for a round two so to speak on Agnarr, we'd love to have you.

I set up a basic "rule" set. It isn't necessarily enforced, but it's meant to keep it a level playing field to challenge the new characters. If you want to move past it, it's your prerogative I suppose, but takes away some of the fun of challenging ourselves to the content available. Here it is as follows:

You may twink your new character with 1 or 2 items, maximum.

No power-leveling

No powergaming (i.e., rolling an enchanter between friends, or multiple, along with a wizard and cleric.)

You CAN box, but make a concerted effort to not group them. We have plenty of new people in the guild and on the server now where everyone should be getting groups. If you can't fill the spot, or things are dicey without a certain class, don't let it hinder you.

PLEASE don't be clique-y. Again, with a bunch of new people in guild and on the server, find someone you haven't grouped with before.

DON'T RUSH THIS! This is an attempt to make this server a fun-run. Don't speed level, and just enjoy having all of these players around.

---------------------------------

ADDENDUMS: Raid level content will be done on THURSDAYS in conjunction with offnight things for current mains. If it becomes too much of conflict, we can move them to Fridays. Once we have them in that 60ish range, we'll start with classic and kunark dragons, and do a few rounds, and slowly move into Velious, Luclin and PoP.

How is this re-progression going on Agnarr? I have a couple chars from the last time I played and it was a lot of fun. I dunno if I'd want to box again but leveling might be fun.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

One of my friends has starting playing on the PoP locked P99 server, project Quarm. Does anyone have any experience with it or tried the server out?

No boxing and RMT at all sounds like a lot of fun, but it's like old EQ exp/leveling that's a grind I can do without these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

onesixtwo posted:

It’s very much the worst exp grind you forgot about, with custom aggro mechanics that make newbie levels feel really weird and powerful, and also the server is full of boxers already because that’s how it goes. I got a Druid to 14 in like 4 days /played. Its disgusting.

That's disappointing to hear. I'm surprised to hear there's boxers already, my friend insisted P99 was very strict on enforcing one toon, one person.