Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

It looks like you have mostly been playing melees I would try a pure caster like a necro or mage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Play what you want imo everything owns. I'd group with a chanter who was charming or chain pulling, plus they get some neat group buffs.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

No I don't think anyone really does those although fippy darkpaw just unlocked ldons.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Sounds awesome, it's exactly what im getting ready to run once my bard catches up, although there's a chance i'll just use shaman for buffs and box a dps instead of shaman.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Correction: anyone can invite.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

you could do quite a bit with silver if didn't mind the merc/plat limits. Can easily spend 1000 aa in the hole just filling your bank with vendor loot then eventually upgrading to gold, im sure you could spend at least a month at sub 1000 aa having fun.

edit-I was trying to think of guild names for if/when we lose Ascending Fearboners and here's a couple

"Platinum Member" - we can say we pay 25 bucks a month for extra services

"Ominous Latin Word" - trolling all the guilds that do this

"Goon Squad" - obvious

totally open to suggestions just want to be ready if gms are like yo change your name NOW.

Beo fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 17, 2012

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

If you are around 65-75 you should be checking pop zones for your fabled pet weapon droppers, if it's up I'm sure a high level goon would be willing to run out and one shot it. The fabled weapons will be great for farming aa at 75 and grinding to 80 when you can use house of thule gear. If it's not up and you can camp the area for xp I'd consider that also.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Another merc slot is always handy.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

monks are a lot of fun and with the disciplines and aas they are a very active class now as opposed to old eq when all you had was flying kick and mend. Also a very solid tanky dps class.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Pick one night to log out early and I missed everything drat, I don't care or know what the gently caress happened but everyone should be joining the chat channel and maybe once tempers have cooled we can all be bros again.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Any goons creeping on 80 should let me know I think I should be able to outfit quite a few people in t1 hot gear soon or at least fill a few slots.

I'd also like to do a dragons dragons dragons run for everyone over say 75 this weekend.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Dang I really wanted to kill some damned dragons, I don't think we'll get a big enough force for steel behemoth :(

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Paladins can spot heal themselves and their stuns help a lot with tanking. Plus they get a reverse heal proc eventually that kind of owns. I'd say 600/750 aas at 75 is a good goal. I probably wouldn't go for a thousand aas the gear/weapons you get at 80 are pretty huge.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

I can't think of too many dungeon crawly zones, I think you'd like mech guardian in SoF though, it's a multileveled giant robot that has passages and big rooms and elevators/teleporters. It's also really good experience would be a great zone to crawl through with a group of 75-80ish

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

You guys doing the dungeon crawl have almost tempted me to stop powerleveling my necro and do some 70s grouping, it sounds like you are having a blast!

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Yup, that's pretty much what you have to do eventually you'll get someone who wants your money.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

jesus christ I just bought voa for my necro YESTERDAY. Oh well i'll stock up on some more xp potions.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Ominous Latin Words is still my vote

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

New guild formed pretty much everyone can invite go wild son.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

As a mage the gift of line is very important for free servants. Also if you are a solo mage companion of necessity rocks, other than that all pet aas are worth getting , along with things like scr, scm, and spell damage stuff. Theft of essence owns because you can level on elementals in a lot of places.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

I have been debating switching up my box some I was reading about necro dps and how huge enchanter twincast aura is for it, so I think I want to try boxing a chanter again I loved my enchanter on test and even if it doesn't work out I'll have him for buffs. basically going from sk/shm/brd/necro to sk/x/chanter/necro.

The x is where it gets funky, I really dont want to box a shaman and chanter so I think I'm either going to box a different healer OR a pure dps caster like mage or wizard. Personally I am leaning toward a druid because it still gives me healing and more nuke dps which stacks nicely with enchanter buffs also beautiful ports.

As far as the pain of switching boxes around I don't think it's that big of a deal since i can camp the level 80 gear and farm up an easy 500 aas and 80 levels in thallasius for them.

Thoughts I know we had a goon druid raving about how neat they are.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

For me it's so much easier to box casters than melee I knew that with bard/shaman adding a caster dps wasn't the most efficient way and did it anyway because necros own and I always wanted one. I love my bard but I also loved my enchanter especially because it was easy as hell to box and be more efficient, locking down mobs for longer durations /punting mobs completely out of camp and memblurring at the same time. AND making all my dudes look like frogloks :3.

Looking at the 4th character it seems like a druid has more synergy with the enchanter than the shaman and still gives me heals on the other hand I could do something absurdly easy like a mage and have a spare tank + easy dps and pop in shaman for when I absolutely need a healer.

Personally I like having access to a healer for when the merc brainfarts though. And no one plays druids or enchanters, that must mean they are SUPER good.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

you forgot that I always keep sk as the main because he owns, most of this doesn't matter because I swear to god i better be getting into guild wars 2 beta soon or heads will roll.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Thanks jetz0r that's some good info, I don't think i'll make an enchanter anymore then even though I still think they are a SUPER sweet class. I think I might make a druid for ports though and see how it goes. I can probably make a hotkey that blocks the druids aura for when i pop RB.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

drat it I was about to go get necro 80 gonna just go take a nap now.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Looks like fabled etc are here through the 26th a lot of people thought they were gone on the 16th but looks like we have an extra week of anniversary tasks.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

BoT, Halls of Honor, Codecay, Vergalid Mines, Wall of Slaughter, Muramite Proving Grounds are all zones I would look at for 65-70

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

when you are logged on your corpse has a rez timer that expires, it's about 2 hours.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

I'm probably going to be back eventually because inferno diablo 3 sucks.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

You haven't powerleveled until you've had two shadowknights chain pulling zones.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Checking out the TLP stuff right now I'm on the true box server aradune playing an enchanter it's pretty fun but I am thinking about switching to rizlona to bust up things with a three box.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

I decided to four box up a new squad on live servers instead guess my nostalgia wasn't for classic.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

FV I started as beast/brd/war but switched to shm/war/brd/zerker. Never played warrior or zerker it's fun going melee instead of spells.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Man I decided to go warrior instead of sk on my fv boxes and I really miss how much easier holding aggro as a mid 60s sk is. My warrior is struggling to hold aggro off my zerker.

I will say this combo is great dps and im sure it will pay off eventually. I just miss how easy boxing casters with sk was.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Thanks I think if I start using the zerker detaunt plus slap a couple wulfenite augs in that will help for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Thanks for the advice on my warrior tanking things have gotten a lot better I might even like it better than sk)(ok that's probably a lie) I like having all these discs to burn on bosses, between the ADPS from shaman/bard and zerker + warrior disc I am melting named in dragonscale hills.

The DoN anger augs helped a ton.