Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
Does equipping SK pets work the same as magician pet with the folded packs? Anyone tried doing this with a twink alt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
Posting for guild invite. Name is Imastupidbaby.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
They cancelled the server emergency maintenance at the last second. Everyone log back in!

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
crash and burn!

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
I'm guessing lotor9530 is Laids? He's been in Paw for like 3 days now.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
^^^ That's what i thought.

lotor9530 posted:

Insensitive, nope. I've posted my char names in this thread though. I'm not hiding or anything. Worst case, I get banned and have more free time and an extra 30 bucks a month.

Wait, you can get banned for afk farming? I thought it was pretty much the norm. I try to find a spot before I log every night, and there's always 3-4 sitting at the cave entrance in Hole.

Edit: I wasn't trying to internet detective your name, just guessing cuz I always see Laids down in Paw and I can't wait to take his spot when he's done with it :haw:

Insensative_Asshole fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 18, 2012

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
The area beyond the keyed statue in Vergalid Mines is pretty good. The mobs starting at the big rear end spiral ramp are higher level than the rest of the mines and respawn fairly quick.

To get the key, kill orcs and kickpicks until they drop an Arid Indicolite Shard. Take it to the big blue crystal cluster in the stone guardian room and right click it. Then just click on the statue/portal and you're good.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007

Pretty_Llama posted:

pick up elaborate defiant when I hit 59

Do this.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
goddamn it. fought through like 30 mobs in pofire behind c2, get to some named diablo things and BAM! server down.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
Had some epic 2.0 fun in Anguish last night. I think Meep got a picture of our fearless band of raiders. More goons need to come back and kill pixel dragons with us!

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
So uhh, what happened to all the Luclin goons? The guild looks to be dead now.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007

I Love You! posted:

welcome to the land of norrath

Nah a month or so ago the Luclin guild was doin good. 10-15 people on at the minimum every night. Haven't seen a single other person from the Fearboners/OLW crew :(

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007

blackmage posted:

Well crap, that sucks. Decided to give it a try after 10+ years away, was looking forward to some goon grouping.

So uh, is there any noob warrior crap rotting in the guild bank, then? :dance:

Send me a tell on Dubstepcat whenever and I'll see if I can hook you up with some starter gear.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007

2X2 Eyes posted:

Is there anything I should do first thing before going out to get levels and such since it has been such a long time? I don't need like any flags or something?

Also, whats a good place to get AA's/XP solo at 66?

Depending on how long it's been since you've played, the first thing you should do is go to the Bazaar and buy some Defiant armor. They have different types for each level range, and it has ridiculous stats compared to old school items of the same level.

I think pretty much all of the old zones have had their flags removed and simply require a minimum character level to enter if that (ie you can zone into any PoP zone without any req other than level).

At 66, go level in The Hole (Ruins of Old Paineel) until 70, and then switch to AA exp and stay there until your eyes/fingers/dick bleeds.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007

2X2 Eyes posted:

Do I need a merc for the Hole? Not sure I can afford one for long.

Free mercs are cheap as poo poo. The upkeep is like a small amount of gold upkeep for the free mercs.

If the server transfer is free and you don't have any connections on your current realm, you're more than welcome to come over to Luclin and I'll help you get rolling again.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007

blackmage posted:

Whoa really? I only have a vague idea how the claim thing works. I got some armour and a weapon out of some Lost Legacies thing, but other stuff I don't get (a lamp post?). It's changed all so much, I'm so confused.

Those are just random stupid poo poo you can put in your guild house. Starting at level 51, you can start putting points into Innate Run Speed under the general AA tab. It maxes at rank 5, which requires level 60 or 61 I think.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
What is the goon guild on test?

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
Could the Test guild benefit from an actual Bard or does everyone just bot one? I'm trying to figure out what character I want to play between my bard and ranger.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my bard, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be totally useless if there was a melody bot in the group already.

Edit: Anyone on in the Test guild right now able to toss Dubstepcat an invite?

Insensative_Asshole fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 21, 2013

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
I've only really gone for the passive song aas and the melee ones for my bard. What are the *must have* aas for group pulling and CC?

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007

Flarestar posted:

Fading Memories is critical.

Boastful Bellow is incredibly useful since the mob will hit the group with a resist debuff already applied. Plus it's instacast.

Jam Fest is handy to help with lull - raises the effective level of the song, and thus lowers resistance.

Sonic Displacement is situationally useful for splitting stuff that lull can't split for various reasons.

Other than that, just combat agility/stability to prevent you from getting your poo poo pushed in if the tank is slow on the pickup. For pulling nothing else really matters enough to care about.

Ok, so I'm on the right track. I have the first three and I keep Combat agility and stability maxed. (Should I boost BB past 1 point? Is the stun/resistance decrease useful or just use it as a ranged pull?)

Sonic Displacement just seems like a knockback. Does it not cause aggro or something?

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
If you aren't playing on Test, I suggest rolling on Firiona Vie. It's a high pop server, all items are trade-able it seems, and I think it has an exp boost.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
Does anyone have a high level berserker that can help me with which abilities/discs to use for solo grinding. I have a feeling I'm not playing this class the way it's supposed to be and gimping myself.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
Ok so I joined a group to get an alt PLed and i couldn't get the task because it was telling the group leader i already had 6 but my task window is completely empty. I tried exiting the game and logging back in and nothing. Anyone had this happen?

Edit: I went and tried to accept a task from a random quest npc and it worked just fine. Maybe the group leader was dumb and he had 6 people already accepted for the task? Only thing I can think of.

Insensative_Asshole fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jan 10, 2014

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
Any goons from the Fearboner days still play on FV? I have a 91 ranger and I'm lonely :(

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
I don't suppose anyone has a char on FV with a Shattered Emerald of Corruption sitting in their bank? I want the second half of my epic :sigh:

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007

Node posted:

Who is that really bitchy lady on FV that uses general chat as her own personal soapbox? She is pretty bad too.

That must be the Lisandra person I always see people talking about.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
Is there a good spot to farm 80+ rk II spells? I'm running low on funds and those seem to always vendor for a nice amount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
Anyone know when this change is going live?