Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I really want to re-sub but my computer died and I'm currently using my 8+ year old computer that can barely run the game, never mind trying to dual box. I'll probably end up doing it anyway though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I should soon have the funds to upgrade to gold and start playing this game seriously :( again. The Fableds will be up until April 15th correct? Most of the pet weapons are found in PoP right? What level will I need to get to before April 15th so I can snag one of those? 61ish if I remember?

Probably gonna start a SK, but I'm not sure.

Edit: Also, to those who have successfully transferred off of test... Should I wait till I'm upgraded to gold to put in a petition? Do I have to put in a petition using my character on test, or can I do it with any character on my account? How long did it take from your first petition, to when you actually got the transfer? Thanks!

RCarr fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 26, 2012

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Vomik posted:

I think it's on sale right now for $15.

I better be able to get them to transfer me off test before that deal runs out!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Carl Seitan posted:

Who are you on Test? The "go to" server is Luclin, correct?

I had a chanter named RCarr and a Monk named Miley Cyrus. And yes, I'll be going to Luclin.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Urban Sorcerer posted:

Enchanters are the goddamn kings of everquest and you should all make enchanters.

I love my enchanter. They are loving awesome.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Hexel posted:

Here's a start: source http://crucible.samanna.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=52

First:
Run 5
Mental Clarity 3
Cannibalization

First Part 2:
Level to 70.

Critical:
Spell Casting Mastery 3 (10% mana savings on all spells, all the time. Shaman are a lot of things, but no matter what, we're casting spells. This AA makes you 10% better at everything you do)

Critical Part 2:
If you haven't yet, level to 70. Then get

Call of the Wild (AA rez)

Next, core enhancements:
Nothing to say about these. Get them and don't sass me, boy.

Natural Durability 3
Combat Agility 3
Spell Casting Reinforcement 3
Spell Casting Reinforcement Mastery

Break for utility good stuff:

Radiant Cure 1 (rank one is cheap and clears Tash / other minor things. further ranks are good, but good mostly if you're in the process of spending 46 more points to max it out. Just one rank for now.)

Virulent Paralysis 3

Mnemonic Retention (ninth spell gem. nuf said.)

Healing:
Quick Buff 2 (assuming you have a Spell Haste focus. Rank 3 is good, I have it, but many opt not to spend 9aa on it right away since the gains don't stack well with spell haste focus for the last rank)
Healing Adept 3
Advanced Healing Adept 3
Healing Adept Mastery 3
Healing Gift 3
Advanced Healing Gift 3
Healing Gift Mastery 3
Healing Boon 3
Ancestral Aid 3
Expansive Mind 5

Survivability:
Lightning Reflexes 5
Reflexive Mastery 5
Combat Stability 3
Innate Defense 5
Defensive Instincts 5
Spell Casting Subtlety 3
Swift Journey 2
Mystical Attuning 5
Channelling Focus 3

Damage AA:
Some damage AA you have already, without having thought about it. SCRM and Quick Buff are all the damage enhancement that Maw spells are going to get, and you already have those from way back

For our primary damage mode:
Critical Affliction 3
Improved Critical Affliction 3
Secondary Forte (Conjuration)

For our secondary (way secondary) damage mode:
AllthenukecritAAsIdon'tcareabout, rank 12

Raid AA:
These you'll get depending on how much you care about killing high end mobs with savage abilities that kill people:

Radiant Cure 3
Resplendent Cure 3
Hastened Curing 3
Mass Group Buff
Spiritual Channelling

Does anyone know of a necro AA guide? I'm level 58 now, so I'll need to get started on them soon.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Servers are still down? I can't get on.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It's my day off, it's only natural the servers would be down.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

All servers are apparently locked now.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dizz posted:

You can buy LoN boosters for 100sc? jesus gently caress i'm pretty interested in that!

I just wish I could actually get loving avatars from boosters.

Sorry if I'm missing something but why would you ever want to buy a LoN booster pack? Do you actually play the terrible card game?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dizz posted:

I only play it for the event prizes. a month ago I finished one that gave me a ton of adventure potions, invincibility potions, speed, health, and mana potions. pretty nice for something that gave me free cards.

Nice, I had no idea you could get anything good out of that game. I might have to try it out.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Shrapnac posted:

So I replace my dead wireless router and then my network card dies, loving hell.

Oh, apparently they changed the actual transfer mechanics so you physically can't transfer off Test for the time being. Maybe they'll offer it again and I can move my SK a some point.

I really hope so. I'm so pissed I didn't get my monk off there.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You need an ACTIVE gold membership to use the locked classes, UNLESS you buy the race/class seperately.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Seriously every single day I have off the EQ servers go down. Such bad luck.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

zancii posted:

Servers are up!

What a cruel joke you just played on us.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ante Christ posted:

-I did notice that I had some good weight reduction packs on all my toons on Rathe which I transfered with Vildeor. I also have some pre-Alchemy revamp sow potions. Will these fetch anything in the bazaar?

Not sure.

-I currently have 309 in alchemy with my tradeskill trophy. I can make potions for the guild or with the 50 other boxed shaman we currently have will my filling the guild bank with clarity and damage shield potions annoy everyone?

Please do, we can never have enough of these

-Is it legal to use third party programs like autofire to train skills? I was looking to train my spell casting skills while selling some of the things in my trader satchels in the bazaar.

Yes, there's no risk using this, go buck wild!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Lol at a ranger asking how to make stuff stop running

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Creative Bicycle posted:

Dying while AFK xp'ing

Are you Laids? If so, you are always camped in a spot where everyone is pulling through. Every time I'm in Paw I have to be extra careful not to train you. Find a corner somewhere!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Does anyone on Luclin have an Eye of Innoruuk or Slime Blood of Cazik Thule? Tyring to do my Necro epic 1.0 and these are holding me up.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Andy Dufresne posted:

-Necro epic 1.0, 1.5: How many friends do I need to complete them?

Working on my 1.0 right now as a 70 Necro. Everything is cake except for the Slime Blood of Cazik Thule. Fear is pretty much perma-camped and the people who do this wanted to charge 25k for a useless item that its ONLY used for Necro 1.0 (which in itself is useless besides nostalgia's sake).

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

In other news, my gold sub ran out and the marketplace won't accept my credit card for some reason. Of course the Sony Station account management website has been down for the last 3 days so I can't resub there either. HELP!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

jetz0r posted:

Use a sc card?

Where would I find one of these? Wal-mart or the likes?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

At least you guys got to play! I logged on and the servers went down before I could take a step :(

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If everyone throws me 10 thousand plat then I'll bring the servers back up...

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How long did it take you to camp the shrink wand? I remember spending days there on my monk before I gave up and just went to PoM and got one off of Bristlebane on my first try.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Looks like the servers are down...

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Citycop posted:

I've been working on soloing the Plane of Sky for my Necro epic. My merc just disappeared and I that's when I realized i'm broke. Where is a good place to make quick money?

The hole.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

frankly blown away by how quickly the experience came in and that bards can actually rest like other casters

I'm trying to decipher this. Are you saying bards are casters? Are you saying they need to med? What?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

On test, I have an 85 monk with like 2.5k AA's, J5 merc, and raid gear from 2 or 3 expansions ago. I might actually play if some goons wanted to group up.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 4, 2012

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Tell him he has to buy an account or he will NEVER be able to join the glorious goon guild.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How many people are still active on Luclin? I should be getting a new computer soon so I will be able to play again! I'm Cheney by the way.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm gonna have my new computer within a week and then I am gonna BEAT EQ! But seriously, I wanna make a 3box team, and wreck poo poo. I'm thinking SK, Shaman, Mage.

Any news on getting off test? I still have my monk and enchanter there, and I'd love to get them off.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm interested in that as well. Thinking about making a box army on Test.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So I've started a SK/Shaman/Bard 3box on Test. Currently all level 30. Can anyone point me toward a good Shadowknight forum that explains the class well? I've never even played a Tank, nevermind a SK. Shaman should be pretty straightforward, and I don't think Bard could be that hard to play, especially with /melody. (What level can bards use /melody anyway?). I feel like there is a lot of info that I need to know to play SK efficiently.

Also, I have a Monk and Mage that I could swap the bard out for? Any thoughts on that? Either one would add a lot of DPS, but I don't know if it's worth losing the bard's utility.

Edit: Also is there anywhere that explains how to set up macro's for multiboxing? I have no idea how to do that.

Editx2: I guess EQplayers.com doesn't really exist anymore. Is there any way to search toons by name to see what level they are, without actually logging on?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 30, 2012

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Thanks for the info. It definitely got me thinking. The only thing I didn't see mentioned regarding the shaman was the (Panther?) line of buffs that cause proc damage. I was under the assumption that this was a huge dps boost, and was one of the main reasons to box a Shaman. Am I over-valuing this aspect?

I already have a 85 chanter, so I can add him into the mix whenever my crew reaches that level. I believe he's on the same account as the bard I'm leveling, so I'll be able to swap them out according to the situation. I guess I'll stick with the shaman for now. At the very least, I'll have him as a buff bot.

Here is my crew right now:

Account 1- 85 Monk
Account 2- 85 Enchanter, 75 Mage, 30 Bard (NEW)
Account 3- 30 Shadow Knight (NEW)
Account 4- 30 Shaman (NEW)

I don't want to play more than 3 toons at once, so maybe I'll PL a Wizard on the first account, or a perhaps another mage as I will probably always be playing either the Chanter, or Bard on account #2.

This is getting confusing now! Any other thoughts or input is welcome!

RCarr fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 30, 2012

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Perfect! That's exactly what I needed. I'm aware of the gear/AA dependency for SK's. I've never played one and am tired of seeing how badass they are. It's time to experience this for myself. I'll have a full group with my 3box+mercs, so I shouldn't have a hard time camping augs.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Well if I went with SK/Sham/Bard, with 2 dps mercs (or 3 if the Shaman can handle heals), that's 4 out of 6 (or 5 of 6) group members meleeing. That seems worth it no? Or are the caster dps mercs better?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jul 30, 2012

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cool, I'm gonna stick with my current group then. I'm not even sure if I'll make it to the newest expansions. Hopefully I will, but I tend to get burnt out on EQ somewhere around 1k AA's. Is anyone else playing on Test?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Nice, I remember Spyder. I'm on weeknights and sporadically during the weekend. Send a tell to Cheney!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Apparantly you can now /testcopy with plat too and any tradable items are still tradable on test. So you can copy over, hand off all your plat to an alt, then repeat until you have 100 billion plat or whatever. It's also very easy to get fun gear like AoN's, etc.