Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Any class is viable. I’ve never played a Berserker but they aren’t even unlocked on the latest TLP server yet. Play whatever you think you’ll have the most fun with!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If you play on Yelinak (newest TLP server), leave your in game name and we can hook you up.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I parceled you some plat and SoW potions. I’ll check my trader and see if I have any monk stuff lying around.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I couldn’t even get ShowEQ to work so macroquest is basically wizardry to me

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there anyone experienced with monk DPS on TLP’s that can give me a run down on what weapons are better than using fists currently (Planes of Power).

It’s all very confusing.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So any offhand is better than fists as long as it’s ratio is better than 23/26? Is that against MotM enemies only, or non MotM, or both?

Right now I’m using the Claws that drop from the Ssra cursed cycle and nothing in the offhand.

I was also told that 2HB is useless (no where near dual wielding DPS) unless you are using speed focus or whirlwind discipline.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jan 18, 2023

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea you can basically go from 0 to max skill in an hour or something super quick

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What’s the best box to pair with a monk besides a shaman?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Well you see I had a 60 shaman, and I made a monk on the same account with the intent to transfer one to another account once I got my 2 box computer setup ready. Now it’s ready and I found out they don’t do account transfers anymore…

I really don’t want to re-level a shaman again…

So now I have a 65 raid geared monk, and a 60 Kunark geared shaman (with epic at least) on the same account. I want to 2 box but I’m not sure what the best option is.

Help

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea Chardok royals is a super fun area.

I made a box cleric. Does anyone know of must have gear that I should focus on getting him ASAP? Focus effects, etc.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Now that I have ShowEQ setup I might go farm a Quillmane cloak. Is there a decent guide anywhere on how to do it?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

They don’t care about ShowEQ and HKN. (Don’t openly talk about either in game, obviously). They will definitely ban you if you’re caught using MacroQuest or ISboxer though. That being said, there’s bot armies using both constantly so :shrug:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yes if Ogre is a choice you’re handicapping yourself picking anything else. Eventually you can just get illusions if you don’t like being a fatty.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Got my cleric to 65, about 100 AA’s and just finished his epic. I forgot what a game changer having a box is.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This doesn’t work well on my phone at all so I’ll have to try it when I get home.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is it possible for them to add mercs out of era?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

We finally got a 2nd Shinai to drop. 2 more and I can finally get one!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That server sounds absolutely terrible. It is funny that they dedicated an entire server to stopping the PL bot crews though.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea they are almost assuredly using software to do it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Are there any “for dummies” type tutorials for any of that software? I’d love to simply my 3 box, but I am absolutely terrible with that type of stuff. It took me forever to get ShowEQ working even with someone basically walking me through it. 😂

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ok I’m gonna check it out, wish me luck!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So I bought multiplicity and I can’t find either of my other 2 computers….

What am I supposed to do?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RCarr posted:

So I bought multiplicity and I can’t find either of my other 2 computers….

What am I supposed to do?

Sorry, I phrased this foolishly.

I set up my primary PC and multiplicity couldn’t detect my other 2 computers. I did some googling and realized I had to set my network to private, then it worked.

Holy poo poo this is nice. I feel like an idiot for manually boxing before.

I have to look into Hotkeynet now!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Where can I download hotkeynet? It looks like it doesn’t exist anymore?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Test, hands down

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can’t have been worse than the PoP launch race lol

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea but it’s like a 60 hour race compared to 9 hours or so.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Server pop seems fine on Yelinak to me? Our guild is still going super strong. I’m sure there’s less pick up groups in general but that’s the norm for this far into a server’s life. I think the terrible ruleset for the new server was the best thing that could have happened for the Yelinak population.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I remember Rangers being one of the worst classes in Vanilla (with Paladins and Rogues) but I haven’t played one in forever.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Will you not get banned for using this stuff?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beach Party posted:

What's the best class to start from scratch if I just want to mess around wasting time grinding AAs and run around exploring zones I've never been to before? I just signed up for all access so I think I have the good merc to boost me to a higher levels fairly quickly.

I doubt I will last until I'm max level and be tackling current content. I started a rogue but he's still in the tutorial zone currently so I can change if rogues aren't good for what I'm looking to do. If whatever reason I do stick with the game is it fairly easy to find groups at max level if I don't want to box accounts?

Monk

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bot crews completely dominating and destroying the economy is par for the course for any TLP. Daybreak is making so much money off them they don’t give a poo poo.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Waroduce posted:

Apart from trying my hand at boxing for the first time ever, I didn't really do much with oakwynd apart from get to like 20 with my lil box crew. I really enjoyed the classic-PoP experience on Yelinak and I did the GoD launch but sort of lost interest after.

I'm def open to reliving the classic-pop experience, it was some of the best gaming experiences I've had ever. Especially launch days and like seeing PoHate and Fear for the fiest time in 20 yesrs, getting keyed for VP and doing all the things. It's a shame about the economy but hopefully they put together a good TLP gimmick next time around.

I'm tempted to box again in the future but I was able to slide into ALOT of box groups and random crews by just being a bard who pulls good. It was pretty easy to ride the exp train by telling nerds boxing characters that they could chill and I'd feed em mobs. My concern with boxing is fitting into groups since while it might be more efficient to be independent and roll exp, the thing that keeps me coming back is the intensely personal experience of grouping with random nerds in a very dangerous place where the consequences are real and everyone has a part to play. Kunark launch and being one of the first crews in Old Seb getting items and the mess that is 7 overpopulated instances of Chardon opening weekend is a very fond memory of mine.

I think a large part of it to was having a friend (Oroborealis/porterhouse) to share the xperience with and a stroke of luck with Tegridy putting us into a very end game, perennially top 3 guild on the server we got to grow up with.

I hope the economy evens out and the next tlp has a good gimmick.

Yea I had a blast playing with you two. That guild was the best experience I’ve ever had in EQ and really made raiding enjoyable.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Waroduce posted:

The shaman/monk thing was so rough for you ☠️ but yeah our little trio progging the new expansions was amazing

Haha yea, but the monk/cleric combo turned out to work surprisingly well!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

OGS-Remix posted:

One of my friends has starting playing on the PoP locked P99 server, project Quarm. Does anyone have any experience with it or tried the server out?

No boxing and RMT at all sounds like a lot of fun, but it's like old EQ exp/leveling that's a grind I can do without these days.

Do not do it

The only reason we put up with the terrible grind was we had no other choice back in the day.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea they don’t give a poo poo about anything on live servers. You have to be cheating egregiously to catch a ban. They just want to keep the money rolling in.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I wish I wasn’t terrible with computers because that sounds cool but also like rocket science to me

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’ll be playing, unless it’s some terrible ruleset

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

As much as the bot armies suck, it’s never been a deal breaker for me. I’ve just accepted that there’s a few items I will have to buy instead of being able to camp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

rally posted:

Starting in kunark sucks imo. Had to skip this one anyway for a new born baby but not having much fomo.

Better than starting in classic for sure