Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Where should I be grinding at level 40? I'm in Goru'kar Mesa and the wolves/bears are too easy now, and the griffons/giants/harpies are a little too hard, especially if I get mobbed. Everything is still red in Blackfeather Roost. Any ideas? City of Mist? Moors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Thanks for the info fellas. I'll check out OT and Nadox.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So right now I'm boxing a SK/Bard/Shaman group. Should I be capping defensive AA's every level with the SK? I'm level 58 at the moment, and I just capped CA/CS, Natural Durability, etc. Should I stop every level and cap them again, or just grind out to 70 or so and then work on it?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cool, thanks for the info. Does anyone know if there's a guide to camping augs? At what level should I start worrying about camping augs? Is there a progression where I can camp each one while still gaining decent xp? I tried searching the Evilgamer.net forums but can't find an aug list or guide or anything.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Thanks for all the info fellas! I don't mind AA'ing since it goes so fast, and I actually feel like I'm accomplishing things when I get to spend the points. I'll do my best to try to grab the augs along the route.

I added you, unclenutzy. Hopefully we can group up soon!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What about Plane of Fire?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If you're serious about playing don't even bother trying to do so on a silver account. The AA/gear/inventory/plat/bank/etc restrictions are ridiculous. Alternatively, just play on Test where you can have as many free gold accounts as you can handle.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Aug 9, 2012

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I play on Test and there's still quite a few people. I saw at least 5 other people in the tutorial, and constantly ran into other players while I was leveliing in Blightfire Moors, and Gorukar Mesa. I'm in Blackfeather Roost right now and there's rarely a time when I'm the only person in the zone. I can't vouch for end game content, but I'd assume most people on test are at the higher end of the game. General chat has constant discussions, and as far as I know there is a raiding guild with quite a few people playing regularly. It's definitely better than I expected, and being able to 3box a SK/Shaman/Bard for free is enough to get me to stay there. The double xp and vet rewards are sweet too.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If you play on the Test server you get a free gold membership automatically. As well as double xp, no charge for purchasing mercs, and all vet rewards enabled.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

There hasn't been a wipe on Test in what 5+ years? I've never once had a stability issue. The population is pretty low, but it's a tight knit community where you can get a full set of gear just by claiming rots that are given away in general chat.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Seriously... You hit 2 out of the maybe 12 or 15 zones that have been revamped. Go exploring. You'll notice that 99% of the world is unchanged.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Wavecrasher and Anklesmasher both have snare and are warrior usable I believe. You might want to look into those once you are in the right level range.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Do any of you wealthy goons have some plat they can /testcopy over? I'm leveling a 3 box team, and it's hard to keep up with the spell costs. I would appreciate anything, thanks! (I'm Cheney in game)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

jetz0r posted:

You'll probably have to remind me to log in once the copy goes over, but I test copied with a million plat and some other stuff.

Edit: Can't send plat to offline people. So sent you the most expensive per a stack items I could find in pok, plus a bunch of unexpanded bags and the al-kabors solutions to expand them. Plus a Manastone and every other tradable clickie, because why not?

Holy poo poo, thank you! I can't wait to log in after work and check out my goodies!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ante Christ posted:

I'm on as Vildeor/Xantarr/Smugatheist if you ever get bored.

Added you to my friends list. I haven't been playing too much lately but I want to get back into the grind.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

jetz0r posted:

Can't send plat to offline people. So sent you the most expensive per a stack items I could find in pok, plus a bunch of unexpanded bags and the al-kabors solutions to expand them. Plus a Manastone and every other tradable clickie, because why not?

I just wanted to say thank you again. I sold the stacks of items you gave me and ended up with 1.5 MILLION plat! I don't think I've ever had more than 100k, so I feel like a loving king right now. Not to mention the Manastone! Even though it's not too useful nowadays, as someone who has played EQ on and off since 1999, a Manastone is nostalgic as hell. It was always something you knew about, but never got to see. Now I have one! I had to go straight to the old world the second I had it, just to try it out. So again, thank you! You made my day.

On another note, what day does the new expansion go live?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

I've always wanted to try one of those, but I'm on Luclin and don't have one million plat, so it will never happen. I'm keen to play another wizard, and I would love to level up to about 60 in only Vanilla zones with that little bugger.

I know that Mana Robes from Trakanon are shite, but I still want one just because.

That's a great idea. A wizard with a Manastone and a healer merc is probably unstoppable in the old world.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I thought it was any zone from the original game?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

jetz0r posted:

I don't have any T1 voa to mule over, but I do have enough stuff to make a ton of 14 slot pags, a manastone, AoN, Holgresh beads, that disease cure shield, a 24 slot bag, 4k dream motes and some caster pure powersources. I also have a pre-nerf Circlet of Shadows on my SK. If any of you want some of that, lemme know and I'll send another care package.

I would LOVE a pre-nerfed COS for my SK. That's another one of those nostalgic items I always wanted, but never could afford. My SK on Test is Cheney. I'd appreciate anything at all you wanted to throw my way. Thanks!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just come to Test guys, it's free.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Kodaji was nothing but nice and helpful to me. He's OK in my book for what it's worth.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MrTheDevious posted:

On a happier/funnier topic, anyone remember that guy we jokingly guildinvited from Landric's guild who spewed for a solid 3 hours about how he robbed Target and car stereos, then broke his legs falling off of a fence 30 minutes after getting out of prison because he was trying to run from the cops his mother called on him? Best Thing.

This was one of the funniest things I've ever seen/heard in EQ. I remember just literally being unable to breathe from laughing so hard for so long.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

2X2 Eyes posted:

Also, is there a way to reset AA's? I seem to have had poor taste in selecting them back when...

If you play on Test you can reset AA's once per zone.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

All your old characters will still be there. You can also get to 65 in a few hours if you feel the need to start a new one.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I love reading this thread, and I constantly get the urge to play again. The problem is, whenever I log on, I get incredibly bored within a half hour. The game is just not fun to play (for me at least) without the population of the old days. Sure I can box a whole group, but that's not really fun. I just want to get into a nice 6 man group for a few hours!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Neurosis posted:

Once you get into a group and kill poo poo you remember why EQ was fun.

We all know it's not possible to get into a group.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I played an enchanter up to 85 and in groups they can have amazing dps by charming

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Let's start another goon rush next year. I'm in.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I keep trying to play on Test but it's so boring playing by yourself.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Pilsner posted:

You're right and I'd prefer that too, but I've gotten so used to multiboxing, so much that even "only" 2-boxing feels lame, and paying for 3 or 4 gold subs is just madness. :(

I'm in the same boat. I just want to have a godly 3box team, but it's absolutely miserable trying to grind through to the end game without anyone to group with, and I'm definitely not paying $45 a month.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

unclenutzzy posted:

You play on Test, right? What level are your guys?

I have a 85 Monk, 85 Enchanter, and a 75 Mage. I recently started a 3box team of SK, Bard, Shaman and they are all level 71.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

funzo2226 posted:

Everyone who is on test state your character name and guild name:

Mileye - 85 Monk
Carrex - 85 Chanter
Hannah - 75 Mage
Cheney - 71 SK
TheAquaLung- 71 Bard
Profit - 71 Shaman

I think the Monk and Chanter are still in Zen Cabal but it's not like there's ever more than 5 people online at any time.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ninkobei posted:

What are the downsides to the test server? Just that Sony can walk in and delete your toons whenever they want?

There's basically no risk of getting your toons deleted. I think they did it once, over 10 years ago. The only downside of Test is the low population. This leads to an almost non-existent economy (barely anything in the bazaar) and a community that is very tightly knit, and almost completely end game.

The community is very accommodating though. Great drops are constantly being given out in general chat, and most people are very willing to help out.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Oh god... I can't explain how many times I got disconnected when I was on dial up. *Awesome item drops, my turn to roll comes, disconnected*
"MOOOOOOOOOOM!!!! I TOLD YOU NOT TO PICK UP THE PHONE! IM QUESTINGGGGG!!!!"

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'll hook you up with some plat tonight. Keep an eye out for Mileye or Cheney in case I forget!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I would do that as well. It would be cool to get a group of us romping through the old world.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'd have no problem just maxing out AA's while we crawled through the old world dungeons.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Pilsner posted:

Officially you can't, although a bunch of goons went through hell getting their characters transferred from Test to Luclin in the great Spring 2012 goon rush. Some of them had to pester GM after GM and customer service for weeks until they finally caved it, and had to pay for it. I wouldn't count on it.

I tried like hell to transfer off of Test a few months after all the goons were successful. They shot me down time after time and said "We did it in the past but we are currently not allowing it in near future."

I got my petition escalated to a Lead-GM, and sent tons of e-mails. I told them I wanted to give them my money. Id pay for a transfer off and then pay a monthly sub. They were hearing none of it. So good luck, but it's probably not going to happen. At least for now.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

At the higher levels the merc ranks make a HUGE difference. You're probably fine until 70 or 80 with the silver ones though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'd go with Monk. Great DPS, great puller, fast runspeed. Tons of survivability, and not too many buttons to spam when fighting.

You cant go wrong with any of those classes really. SK is not really a DPS class though, and also requires a ton of gear and AA's to reach their full potential.

Mage would probably be the easiest. /petattack and then drop a nuke now and then.