Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Had 1200 station cash from something or other and remembered one of my accounts. Made a DE Magician, will look for an invite later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
How about those Ascending Angels? These guys are hilarious. Been more or less harassed since I "stole" a generic gnoll camp. Which was level 14. I've missed EQ.

As for equipment; i am playing magician. Should I worry about equipment or just use whatever I find? Only 24 at the moment.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
What killed Cazic Thule in game for good? Really interested in the suddenness of an original god dieing.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
The Everquest tutorial will always be cool to me since it felt like a solid story quest. Always wish they'd do stuff like that ingame more often.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
With this new Free level 85 thing what would you folks recommend to solo old content? I just wanna go check out zones I never got to see in the past.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

jetz0r posted:

Time lord to go back to when heroic characters were free.

But an SK is the best option to plow trivial content and older raids.

I must be getting time paradox e-mails from Sony. =/ Dates for four days ago but has them doing free level 85 Heriocs. Ah well.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Tank or Healer merc for Bard soloing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Pilsner posted:

Which level? Even for a tank class, tank merc is king up until the low 50's. They have ridiculous AC and health regen, and can take up to 4-5 mobs at a time, even red cons.

At high levels (70+) I don't see how a bard could keep a tank merc alive, so I assume a healer merc and you tanking/dps'ing relatively weak mobs would be best. I don't know if bards can still kite, but that would also lead to a healer merc being best, perhaps just popping it for buffs and the occasional out of combat heal.

Currently level 7. So I'll test out kiting or group tanking with a tank merc while I can.