Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

So rangers are pretty soloable and useful these days? I thought I remembered them always being close to worthless. Kinda interested in checking one out. I'm between Ranger, Necro and Bard, but it seems like all goons are probably playing Bard these days.

drat you amazing OP in getting me to resub for nostalgia's sake!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Entreri posted:

Just installed this again for nostalgia sake. Is there any way to enable the old-rear end midi music from 1999?

Not sure, but i'm a nerd and made a Grooveshark playlist of a ton of it:

http://grooveshark.com/playlist/Eq/63037106

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Carl Seitan posted:

How long are the Fabled mobs going to be around?

And on that note, is the mob that drops fabled jboots active in najena this go around?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

<Ascending Angles>

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Just returned after a bunch of years, and decided to start up an Iksar SK on test.

Mostly plan to seek out fun/interesting questlines (Greenmist, Epic, etc) and do some exploration and dungeon crawling with a buddy.

Been tooling around with Heroes Journey stuff in Crescent Reach, which I’ve enjoyed so far.

Any must-do quests to target? Or should I just follow Heroes Journey as I level and explore zones/content?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

It’s been several years since my last nostalgia tour, and this time I’m looking to play EQ on Steam Deck.

Any recommendations for a solo class that wouldn’t be too high maintenance to manage on handheld?

I did Necro last time, which I’m open to again, but something else would be cool too.