Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Any suggestions where to level as a 55 SK on a regular server ? Been doing white/yellow mobs in Veksar and they are giving about 3% exp per kill.

Not got any AAs yet - is it worth waiting till 60 to start on them, or just grab the defensive/offensive AAs as soon as possible ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Any suggestions on how to powerlevel a druid on a progression server ? So no mercs available. I have a 60+ shaman to assist.

If they were a meele I'd just let them tank and out-of-group heal them etc, but with a caster like a druid its not as though they can tank away much beyond the early levels.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Thanks for the care package jetz0r ! My little ranger now has a shiny new bow and a reasonable defiant collection. Currently getting some AAs at level 60 and then I'll get to 62 for some headshot action...

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Don't forget on test you can reset your AAs and spend them again if you change your mind.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Any suggestions on where to level from level 65 on test ? I really only played seriously upto PoP, so my knowledge of higher level zones is pretty sketchy.

Playing a beastlord in appropriate defiant with a merc at the moment.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
I've just hit 71 on test - At what level should I look at doing things other than exp/AAs ? For example the stuff for the better Mercs ?

Any suggestions of "Don't miss this !" stuff ?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Currently I'm solo/moloing a 71 Beastlord with around 800AAs - gears is appropriate defiant and epic 1.5.

I think I'm good on AAs for now, so will look at getting upto say level 75 and then reassess.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Found a pleasant surprise on an old RAF account of mine - went to the character creation screen on a regular server and it had the option for a one-time creation of a level 51 character with 50 AAs - and this wasn't a special server.

Nice way to kick start a new character !

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Is there a lightweight/simple tool for echoing commands for dual boxing on one Pc ? I'm not after running a huge bot army - I'm just wanting to run a 2nd account and have an easy way to tell the shaman to assist/slow/pet attack/dot/nuke. So really just one macro. I'm not after any clever mass scripting. Isboxer seems a bit overkill for this. Any suggestions ?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Do pet weapons make much of a difference ? I've just started a necro who is now level 14, and was wondering if I should bother mages for some summoned weapons ?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Took my new necro down to lower guk as I remembered from years ago it being a good place for undead.

Zoned in, You have been hit for 1500 x 10 times, LOADING PLEASE WAIT.

Guess its no longer level 35 mobs !

I must remember to check for zone revamps in future.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
I'm currently working my way through level 54 and the only tasks I've been doing are the hotzone tasks for gear. At what point are there other tasks I should look at doing that are worth the effort ?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Where would be the best place to get AAs at level 59 ? I'm currently doing Greig's End as theres no healer or runners and the mobs have low hp/damage.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Do heroic characters come with Epics ? I would assume they don't. Any level 85 would be able solo their Epic 1.0 - What about the Epic 1.5 or 2.0 - how soloable/moloable are they for a level 85 ?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
What is gear like on the heroic characters ? Is it just level appropriate defiant, or better quality group or raid level equipment ?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
How swarmable is a heroic 85 SK ? Would they need a bunch of equipment upgrades ?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Any suggestions for a general spell/disc/AA lineup for a heroic 85 SK doing regular tank/dps while moloing ?

I've not played an SK before and now have buttons everywhere which I'm just mashing when they pop-up.

Initially I've been using Hate's attraction to grab a mob or a snare if its not refreshed. Then drop 3 dots on it and tank away along with the pet.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Am I right in thinking that the new progression server won't have the tutorial ? Progression 2.0 did, but with the instancing of the 1-10 zones on the new server then I'm guessing the tutorial will be gone.

I know on Fippy I was still wearing the odd piece of tutorial armor well in the 40s so its probably best if its gone.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

Republicans posted:

Had some leftover smedbucks so I bought a heroic character thing to play around with until the progression server opens. As someone who hasn't played much past PoP this poo poo is nigh-unfathomable. :psyduck:

I'm just using one to run around the classic/kunark dungeons to remind myself of the layout. Even without knowing any of the appropriate AAs or spells to use, a level 85 and just smack anything that gets in the way.

I was in Runnyeye and Lower Guk last night, and next I'll be poking around to find Efreeti Lord Djarn in Sol B, then explore KC and Seb.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
I doubt the new progression server will really stay at classic for 6 months. Theres a voting system in place and its easy enough to have another vote if subscriptions start to drop and the result will be whatever the business wants. I'm guessing we'll see Kunark within 4 months.

Any subsequent votes will only be by people paying and who have at least a level 29 character on the server, so the results shouldn't be skewed by people voting from the live servers.

They could also play games with having a 2nd accelerated server and give free transfers (or paid !).

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Ragefire the new progression server which is currently in beta is now confirmed to be going live on 20th May, with an afternoon launch expected.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
The new Progression server with restricted boxing launches on 9th December and will be called Phinigel.

The boxing restriction is one client per machine, so they've said if you want to box you'll need to do it old school.

One other very interesting change is full instancing of raid targets with (in addition to the regular spawn) an account wide 6.5 day lockout.

All expansions will unlock after 90 days after the current one unlocks. No votes or targets/quests needed for the unlock.

Sounds good to me - think I'll be playing a bard and a box druid.

Full details of the server here,

https://www.everquest.com/news/phinigel-true-box-progression-server-dec-9-2015

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
I think the new server will be very popular as the vote to keep ragefire at 6 months was a bit of body blow for many guilds. Shorter unlocks plus the instanced raiding targets could make it very good for non 24x7 guilds who can't race for raid targets.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Any suggestions on how to better dual box when using 2 Pcs ? The 2nd box will just be a follow/heal/buffs priest class but was wondering if there are better way that just hitting a 2nd keyboard.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
"There will also be a "lockout" for the "basepop" in these instances given once one of those NPCs is killed. This lockout will prevent looting of those NPCs in instances obtained after the lockout is given."

Anyone able to decipher this ?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Its probably worth avoiding a 2nd server if they spin up another due to the number of players. They seem to wither a lot quicker.

With the instancing a very busy server is much more preferable in my opinion.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

RCarr posted:

We should try to get all the spare goons in the same pubbie guild then at least.

Edit: I can't believe I'm excited to play this game again. How much would I realistically have to spend to grab a laptop off Ebay that's capable of running this game well?

I use a cheap i3 processor laptop and it runs well - you really don't need much grunt to run EQ.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Think I'm going to keep things really simple with a boxed priest on an old laptop. On the box just have audio triggers setup for oom/out of range/being hit etc, and just use a cheap usb numpad to control it. Takes up minimal deskspace and will only use the laptop keyboard for exceptional stuff.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

RCarr posted:

Would either of these be able to handle running EQ well? I'm looking to pick up a cheap laptop to run a box along side my desktop.

http://www.pcrichard.com/Asus/Asus-15-6inch-Intel-Core-i3-Dual-Core-Processor-Notebook-Computer/F551CA-FH31.pcrp
or
http://www.pcrichard.com/Hewlett-Packard/HP-15-6inch-Intel-Core-i3-Dual-Core-Processor-Notebook-Computer-with-Windows-8-1/15-AC078NR.pcrp

Or could I get away with getting something even cheaper? Say...

http://www.pcrichard.com/Toshiba/Toshiba-Chromebook-2-13-3inch-Intel-Celeron-Dual-Core-Processor-Computer-with-Chrome-OS/CB35-B-3330.pcrp
or
http://www.pcrichard.com/Hewlett-Pa.../13-C110NR.pcrp

I know EQ ran on pretty much anything back in the day, but I'm not sure what it takes nowadays with all the changes the game has gone through.

I've run EQ fine on a HP Stream 11 - same guts as the 13 just a smaller screen (but same resolution). I just use the old models and knock down the particle effects and its ok.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Seems to be a real shortage of tanks of Phinny, so your undecided about what class to play then tanks won't struggle to get a group.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Did 7 to 10 .5 in Crush today - then went and handed in my share of Crushbone belts and shoulderpads (everyone was greeding so got 1/6th of the drops). That took me to 40% into level 11 so got about 90% of a level from the hand-in which was nice chunk of exp.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Whats the server population like on Ragefire these days for levelling ?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
How much are Kronos selling for Phinney this days ?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Anyone had issues with getting a payment to daybreak to go through ? Trying to use the same card/address/isp I was using successfully last year and now daybreak say its being declined by the bank, but the bank says theres no issue from their end and theres been no attempt to take a payment.

This seems to be a lot of effort to give them money.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
I tried paying for all access via Steam and it went straight through and also bought a couple of Kronos using Paypal. Think I'll avoid using Daybreak's own credit card processing in future.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Any recommendations for a repeatable quest that a couple of thousand PP can level you from 1-12+ on Phinny ?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Anyone know when PoP is going to open in Phinny ?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
I haven't played on Phinny since Velious - has the exp level been bumped since then ?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Small quality of life change for meeles in today's patch,

- Added the ability for level 61 and higher level players to automatically activate basic combat skills (Backstab, Bash, Frenzy, Kick, Tiger Claw, etc) while auto-attacking:
- - The hold-right click menu for combat skill hot buttons now has an 'Auto Activate' toggle to enable/disable the automatic activation of these skills.
- - The slash command /autoskill can also be used to toggle the automatic activation of these skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Could someone explain how the loot lockout timer works ? If I've partially done an elemental plane so have some named lockouts and the loot lockout, can I join someone else's new raid when they just have the named left that I don't have lockouts for ?

Or would the more generic zone loot lockout stop that from happening or impact the raid ?