Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
The developers have posted to the thread again a number of times and say they are looking into this further - I think we'll end up with all GoD progression mobs/raids instanced.

Its been so long since I've visited GoD I can barely remember how to navigate the zones - I'm assuming everything sees invis and runs at SoW speeds ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Got the final bit of loot on Phinny I wanted - the 40% heal focus Aug. Now waiting 5 weeks for Gates !

I've noticed an up-tick in raid attendance with people who were on a break coming back so I don't think guilds will be struggling to fill GoD raids.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Does anyone ever cast a heal that doesn't heal the targeted player ?

Happens to me occasionally - the target is in range, the spell doesn't fizzle, they don't have any form of divine aura, and the spell does cast and complete. But no actual healing is done and no message to indicate a heal amount.

I'm guessing it can happen if you have a hp display glitch (e.g. been hit with Virtue and Symbol) - can you get something similar with rune maybe ?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
I'm guessing we'll be getting an exp-bonus weekend either this weekend or next - Assuming we do then I expect Phinny to get even busier than 'normal' exp bonus weekends due to people trying to get their 130AAs saved for GoD in 3 weeks.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

FranktheBank posted:

Assuming it is 50% Xp bonus, will be it be a bonus to named spawn as well?

76% exp bonus with 76% extra rares and faction - Starts Friday and ends Wednesday along with a 25% marketplace discount ontop of the member discount.

I think all the progression servers are going to be pretty busy - Lockjaw may even break double digits for players !

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
I've been playing with a shaman on test and have been trying the 'Call of the Ancients' AA - I can't see any healing from it when activated. I get a message for 'you are washed with an aura of restoration' but no actual healing numbers.

I'm not sure whether its broken, or whether any healing messages from it is being filtered as the heal isn't being cast by me ?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Gates of Discord unlocks today on Phinny - its only an 8 week expansion due to no level increase so should be pretty fun.

I'm predicting 12 zillion Zerkers and lots of drama over racing for goats by the weekend !

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Really enjoying Tacvi on Phinny - The 'trash' elite mastruq are utterly brutal and need to be treated with respect and lots of healing ! Not like the trash in Txevu where you can have a couple of mobs hitting you while you get them slowed and not worry too much.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

Hoohah posted:

Sooooo xZAOx, your buddy in BDA that appears to box 6-8 people and kill M'shas in Qvic has a real neat strategy for dealing with people contesting. And by neat strategy, I mean grabbing half the zone and training it on himself to make sure that if he can't get it, no one can!

Saw him train at least 2 other guilds as well in the last 24 hours. Guess its only a matter of when he gets banned as it won't be long at this rate.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Openworld 'racing' on Phinny doesn't really happen from what I've seen. I've not seen 2 guilds pushing forward to get to the target first and kill it.

What I have seen is the same 'top' guilds literally sat at the zone refusing to move even when they are clearly in force. Only when another guild arrives and starts to clear do they follow along behind to snipe the boss at the end.

While it may work for them its just poo poo.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Funniest thing I've seen is 2 guilds sat at the zone - both refusing to move and do the clearing. Was over 30 mins before one finally broke down and actually started playing the game.

Needless to say the other guild did nothing but dps on the boss and got the loot.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
No more mem-wiping raid mobs after today's patch. In the dps races which I despise it won't make a difference with the 'races' between guilds that are there in force. I haven't seen them do a mem-wipe recently.

The people doing the mem-wipes now seem to be boxers or smaller guilds which try to gimp the kill the at the last few % with a mem-wipe and a few harm-touches/mana-burns/life-burns.

The combination of consumable AAs & Veterans AAs being used together is producing some seriously out-of-era meele dps, but I don't see that being addressed.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
4 day double exp-weekend from tomorrow !

With luck and a following wind I may get some of my alts up to 65 on Phinny at this rate.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Can you use a mount with the fairy form ?

Unrelated - Finally broke 10k hp unbuffed on Phinny as a non-meele. Didn't think I'd do it before OOW !

Baconroll fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Sep 1, 2017

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Omens of War opens on Phinny today - the RSS signet camps will be a bloody warzone for a few days. You have to be 69 to zone into RSS so it will be the last one for most people to camp and a great chokepoint for drama.

It will be interesting to see what the threshold is for triggering new picks in RSS - anyone know how many groups/camps the zone would normally have ?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Completed a few epic 1.5s on Phinny today including mine - The lesson learned is that any 'numbers needed' is way way overstated on ZAM. If your raid geared and no-one is afk then I think all the epic 1.5s are single groupable.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Completed my epic 2.0 on Phinny - I didn't notice the clicky effect was reduced to 3 minutes compared to 6 for the 1.5 - very nice !

There doesn't appear to be much in the way of quests in Omens of War so I may bite the bullet and do the BiC quest.

Only 10.5 weeks till DoN opens...

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Oh Phinny I'm having a lot of fun single grouping the mini-named in Anguish. No complex mechanics but you do need a very solid tank and a healer (or 2) who are quick on the mark as even with defensive the damage can be very spikey.

Getting a 150hp aug without paying any dkp is very nice !

I really don't know whether any SK or Pally could currently single group tank these reliably - maybe with 3 spam healers.

The minis really have quite low HPs so you don't need a lot of dps.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

Krazuel posted:

Lockout on anguish Aug runs is two hours and boss lockout doesn't matter except for the two hours or so before guild raid

Yep - Normally get 2 or 3 minis pop. In theory you can get 5 but never see more than 3. By the time you've killed the minis its about 90 mins before you can do it again.

Did 4 runs on Sunday and got a bunch of Augs.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
There recent banwave was interesting - 2 friends got banned for account sharing (though not with each other). One was unbanned when he added the 2 factor authentication, and the other is very much still banned.

I think one who is still banned used a PL service so I'm guessing thats the account sharing that got him.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Hopefully they will finish their witch hunt soon and go back to processing petitions - been waiting 5 days for regular petition to be answered now that needs a GM.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

Baconroll posted:

Hopefully they will finish their witch hunt soon and go back to processing petitions - been waiting 5 days for regular petition to be answered now that needs a GM.

It took a while but the petition was finally answered and the GM fixed the buggy quest item I had - so got there in the end !

Any suggestions for fun single-group kills on Phinny ? Qvic is a fun single-group but I'm kinda limited on better places as they are still on the raid schedule so they are generally on lock-out.

That probably leaves open-world Txevu and some PoP gods I guess. Sol Ro would certainly be single-groupable - not sure about Fennin Ro ?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
I think we'll be getting an exp bonus from Wednesday 15th - I'm guessing until Thanksgiving.

Or at least thats my wild guess based on the current double faction ending on the 14th "to make room for more Fall Fun on November 15!" and the exp bonuses done in previous years.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Anyone had spells vanish from the spell book ? I had 3 vanish overnight and be left with empty spaces in the spellbook.

They were not manually deleted and no-one has ever had access to the account.

Guessing theres a server-side bug of some kind - oddly it wasn't the last 3 memmed.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Its 50% bonus exp time until 11th December.

On Phinny I expect Paw will be a warzone !

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
I've grouped with Darkwind X on phinny recently and had no issues. As far as I'm aware the problem children left and formed a new guild when PoP opened and they got new officers.

Infact I can't think of any guild thats really the same guild it was 12-18 month ago.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Any suggestions for a class to play on the new server launching this week ?

The last main I played was shaman and the workload got far far too high on raids - endless rebuffing - and killed the class for me.

I've also played a mage and that was kinda dull as dishwater - occasional nuke and send in the pet. Apart from velious where your doing endless Call of the Hero on raids in ToV.

So any suggestions for something in the middle ? A class where you have some variation in what you do and have to be reasonably active on raids ?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
This Friday 11AM PT - though they said that before the DST change on Sunday so I'd expect +-1 hour as they have struggled with timezones since 1999.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Amazing no-one the server has died horribly on launch.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Saw something unusual last night. Was in the crypt in Seb and had invis-to-undead on but the dar ghoul knight were still con as 'attack' but I wasn't getting the message that they could see me.

I didn't get close enough to see if they would agro.

Is this just some weirdness with con or could they still see me ?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Bard question - some songs have a very obvious instrument modifier (e.g. do more damage), but how would equipping a wind instrument effect the 53 mez ? The duration and range aren't impacted - would there be less change to resist ?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
There was a global system message last night from an 'Investigator' saying they'd just banned 3 groups for warping/automated play.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
I can see that Agent of Change lockouts are account wide, but is that server specific or global ?

So if I do Phinny in the AoC instance on agnarr would I also be locked out of doing it on Coirnav ?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Had a few fun races for open world raid mobs on Velious opening night last night. The ones I was involved in were decent - just straight up competition with no griefing. No trains, or trade windows, and no abuse.

Won some and lost some and enjoyed it.

I did hear NToV was a 3-way sh*tshow but didn't see that first-hand.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
In Sleepers Tomb before the Sleeper is awoken do the golems drop Primals, or only the warders ?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Whats the exp rate like on Ragefire ? I saw they are currently at DoN and thats the newest content I've ever done, so was thinking about starting a character there so I can experience the subsequent unlocks.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
They would have to come up with something new to interest me in another TLP.

Say FV rules, or 2 boxing + instances + AoC.

Just another Phinny clone won't get my attention.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
16 days until Luclin on Coirnav ! I'm actually looking forward to it as it will be first time most of the people in my guild will have done exp groups as 'mains' in months.

Theres plenty of raiders who started after everyone else had already hit 60 so have never grouped with anyone other than alts.

It will be interesting to see what 6 decent geared mains can actually do.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Completed the VT key on Coirnav earlier today - No particular drama with shards or emp key.

Oddly the hardest one to get was Scarlet Desert - took over 2 hours of clearing for the shard to drop.

But I don't play during peak American hours so I likely miss most of the grief and tears. I did get a few threats to be 'put on the list' for refusing to give up camps to 'leading guild' special snowflakes but thats whats shadowplay is for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
I expect Coirnav will get gutted by the new TLPs assuming they have a rule-set thats a bit different.

If its just another cookie-cutter with tweaked exp then I won't bother.

What I want is FV loot rules, good exp, faster expansion unlocks, lower threshhold for picks to spawn, reduced lock timers for AoC raids. The lot !

Really don't care about truebox - it doesn't put any limit on the farmers.