Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

mythadile posted:

The bro I just talked to at SoE customer support was ridiculously helpful. So for anyone else wondering if you can recover an account that you can't remember anything about it can be done! I had a CompuServe e-mail account apparently when I last played.

What information did you need?

All I remember is the account name and possibly an email that I no longer have access too..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Krycek posted:

I am active on luclin. I also have invite privileges to a big, casual grouping guild. If you want to join, pm me your character names. There are at least 2 other goons in guild, but I don't see them online very often.

I had 3500 daybreak bucks collecting dust, so decided to roll a heroic character.. wow.. after not having played for a decade or so, 65 pages of spells and 4k AA points is a lot to digest :(

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

koreban posted:

I came back to Phinigel about 5 months ago and I can unequivocally recommend skipping Agnarr and Coirnav and just jump in here. You can always go back and experience the old content with basically a single group (or less) of friends. I played for launch through kunark and basically skipped until DoDH, but I’ve gone back and boxed basically all of the stuff I missed without the miserable poop sucking raids to get through them all.

The new content is interesting and dynamic. There are something like 12 or 14 guilds clearing current content at various levels of poopsocking, all the way to seriously casual.

I’ve leveled alts to 75 in about 7-10 hours over 2 nights, which has been fantastic for keeping interest because you can get a feel for a class and if you decide it’s not for you, you’ve lost a couple evenings of progress, not a couple weeks on other servers.

It’s not “Classic EQ”, but seriously, that stuff isn’t as fun as your nostalgia goggles would have you believe without the right group of people to play with (and coirnav is a festering pile of angst and circa 2001 retard rickshaw levels of miserable).

Is this with twinked out alts, or getting plvl'd? Or am I doing something wrong.. my bard on coirnav has taken 3-4 hours to get to level 5

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Reindeer Flotilla posted:

I decided to stick it out on Selo, and currently have a 17 cleric, 15 magician, 14 monk, and an enchanter/druid combo that I started last night - in a “what’s fun” alt melange. :) I’ve always wanted to try bard, but I keep reading about how bards aren’t great for duoing - is the fun factor of a bard worth the extra work?

Also, does it make sense to sell a Krono for plat to be able to fund equipment purchases? I see shouts about it, but I don’t know if they actually sell well or not.

Bard's DPS is just a bit lower than other melee, their charm only lasts a min. So they are do-able, just slower. They are a ton of fun though and super versatile.

Krono go for about 5k on manglers, easy to buy on other sites for on the cheap. I'm not sure if we are allowed to mention which sites on here or not.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Reindeer Flotilla posted:

I hadn’t considered more than a 2-box given the TrueBox requirement of Selo, but I might do 3 at some point. Planning to start a bard to box tonight and see how well it pairs with my enchanter.

Druid feels a bit underpowered at the moment, although I’m pretty sure that’s due to level (6) rather than the class itself. I’ve been hanging out in Kelethin/Crushbone with the enchanter/druid combo for the last couple of nights, and it just feels slower to level than the monk/cleric combo.

Think next up may be a tank class to go with the bard - lots of love for SK online, but I’m a bit more tempted to go warrior.

Once you get charm with the enchanter things will pick up a ton!

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

blatman posted:

Got my pally half-decently geared now (couple good weapons, fungi, fbss, the works!) anyone have any suggestions for leveling guilds on Mangler? I don't want to keep asking my dumb old-world questions in general because I forget everything

You could pop on to the goon eq discord, we don't mind helping out there.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
New TLP?

https://www.everquest.com/news/expansion-producers-letter-2019

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Tehran 1979 posted:

Miragul is True Box with no different rules or gimmicks than heroic characters so good job on your immediate dead server DBG

Where did you see it was true box?

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

!amicable posted:

This is a little silly, because I mostly want to log into my old characters for nostalgia's sake: I cannot access my Daybreak account and I am pretty sure I have not logged in since it was still the station. Has anyone had success contacting them and if so, via what means?

Also: would my old chars still be around for EQ and EQ2? Should I just go multibox on p99 or elsewhere?

Your EQ chars will still be around. I dug mine out of the grave about 6 months ago. You can send some password reset emails to yourself if you remember the original emails.

If you don't have the original email you can contact them via email. However, they will probably require the secret question, possibly the last digits of the CC used.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

koreban posted:

Playerauctions.com is the website for buying and selling EQ stuff. Has been for decades now.

Farming stuff at launch is quick early cash and can pay off if you box your own farming crew or get in with some high-effort folks early. It’s hit-or-miss however because a lot of players will end up leveling in and around farming spots, and the professional kronolords will have automated box crews at all the top locations within a day or two of launch (Efreeti and frenzied ghoul).

Tradeskilling is playing the long game. If you’re savvy and patient and farm materials yourself you can make bank on Banded Mail or Wu’s armors early. Ranged slot idols from pottery. Misty thicket picnics.

I don’t recall kunark’s TS stuff well, but velious has panther armors and skyshrine stuff.

You can collect materials for the solstice earring equipment for Luclin launch, some epic weapon quest tradeable materials, the Luclin ranged slot focus idols, elemental bows, etc. there’s the green metal bane weapons for Ssra and the other type for Seru, acrylia armor.

Plus you’ll be well positioned for all the best tradeskill mastery equipment like coldain ring and shawl, concordance in knowledge, seru earring, etc.

And yes, you should be flush with platinum that you can use to buy krono. If you’re also decent on the raids, you can also be the moneyperson for plat raids, collecting the payments for the loot drops and paying out in krono (and making change for platinum when the split requires it), because you’re flush. (Pay yourself for the effort, as well.)

It’s *much* higher effort than buying a few laptops and the new automated software, but you actually play the game, socialize with people, and ideally you’d be having fun doing it.

I’d also suggest ectunnel as the go to for anything EQ

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Indecisive posted:

Apparently they're dropping the paywall on TLP's until May 8th, so I guess if you've wanted to see how Mangler is doing before the new server comes out you can do so.

Oh snappppp. Maybe I’ll come back haha

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Philonius posted:

What does playing on those TLP servers feel like?

I might want to pick this up again, and wondering whether I should do so on the new TLP or on P99 green, which is still in classic atm.

How much modern stuff is in? Revamped zones still modern? I'd like an experience that feels like classic, but the P99 guys are extremely autistic in removing every single little QOL change, which is going too far in the other direction for my taste.

What are the communities like on TLP / P99? From reading this thread it's infinite bot armies on TLP.

Depends on how much RL time you have to put into leveling. Exp on P99 is very slow (original pace)

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Aades posted:

I'm also playing Everqueue on my spare laptop while at work.

Signed up for a PST guild for the later raid times if I last that long.

Which guild? I'm currently FNF for SoE. Few MR people in it from Mangler which is nice.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

onesixtwo posted:

Also important to note for newbies: p99 wiki is fantastic for zone guides and maps, but do not trust it for spells, use allalhazam. Also the prices listed on p99wiki should be ignored.

It looks like the dude that usually hosts tlpauctions isn’t doing it anymore.. these new TLPs are ripe for krono farming it sounds like.

Someone made a discord server for tlp auctions. Pretty slick.

https://discord.gg/kqrkUYd

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Aades posted:

How are the low level groups on Rizlona and Mangler? Aradune had tons of picks for Unrest so it was easy to get groups when you could log in.

I guess I'm done with Aradune queue times but forgot to cancel my sub. Might try another server if they aren't all soloquest from 1-50.

Yeah these queue times are starting to wear on me a bit. 40m queue at 9am on a Monday? Guessing a ton of people are using auto clickers now to stop them from logging off

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Baconroll posted:

The interest in the new server is way higher than I've seen in any progression server for a long time - probably since Agnarr.

I'd recommend people don't claim their bags until the servers stabilise incase theres a rollback. You could get them again via a support ticket but that could take days...

Yep and hopefully if you have already consumed your Krono for the accounts you want to use. That system was up and down for Aradune launch as well.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
I used to be able to disconnect/pull the cable on my first cable modem and run through dungeon's without getting agro for about 15 seconds, then plug it back in and quickly feign death. Caught up to a few raids that way. Not sure if that is still around

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

onesixtwo posted:

I haven’t played since luclin mangler but I’m feeling the itch. No replay timers is very cool to me. If they announced new servers id probably end up rolling a monk shaman bard team again.

I think I played with you for a bit on Mangler. I've been keeping my eye on TLP recruiting but haven't seen a late PST (8-9pm PST ) start time for a long time. Hopefully there is a guild doing that for the next servers, I'd be back in a heartbeat.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

onesixtwo posted:

most likely there will be at least one, I know a bunch of Midnight Rations core are discussing it, and we had a strong PST / third-shift crew.

That'd be awesome, I'll keep my eye out. I was in MR for about a month during kunark but then the wife ended up in the hospital with complications from our first so that ended that dream. Then was in SoE on Aradune into Mediumcore for a bit, but their raid times are 730pm pst, just a bit too early for me, was always late.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

suuma posted:

PoP is the start of the expansions where only the end game zones really matter, nobody is grinding plane of disease in 2022 but they sure did at release.

In TLPs, either you raid and get flagged for elementals (and later, zones like Qvic/RSS/Anguish), or you don't and you quit.

TLPs are fun but the culture is very bleeding edge or die, and then there's the krono farmers.

Yep - and if you get into POP late, you'll miss the rush of flagging. So even getting exp groups is hard.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

MrSargent posted:

I’m gonna go monk / shaman on Yelinak. It’s just too solid of a combo and I had a lot of fun when I went that route on Mangler a couple years back. I was thinking of trying Cleric over Shaman but Alchemy is too good to pass up. It’s how I made stupid amounts of money just semi afk in EC selling potions.

What races/starting cities do you usually go? I was thinking of the same. Last opener I went ENC/CLR

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

BGrifter posted:

I think I’m sitting the TLPs out this year.

I was going to sit out as well - was forced out the last few TLPs since early Aradune with no late night PST raiding guilds - found one this time though, 830pst start. So I'm already trying to plan out my boxes, leveling path, bought a ton of KR haha. Should be fun.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Verbose posted:

Ugh I've had no time to play I'm still level 3. I have a 3 day weekend coming up though, how long does it take if I play the poo poo out of it with potions. I get out of work at midnight and I'm worried I'll have problems finding groups that late.

Are you on Yelinak? If you are, I have a 50 druid I can toss some buffs on. I'm usually on 8pm PST++

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Waroduce posted:

Ya boy got his bard epic. I've been pretty lucky getting my piece tbh. The plane stuff wasn't bad,gotnalot of the guts from guild dzs. Lucky with the red guts out kunark, grabbed iodf age farming his stuff. Did black wing myself and then got the horn off the cyclops by just asking for it.

The guild coughed up the dragon scales immediately dude logged on ans Gabe em.to me bc they want it for vp tomorrow. Should be our first full clear

Very nice! We have about 8 main bards in our guild so getting Trak guts is next to impossible. Been trying to buy a MQ for a few weeks now.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

onesixtwo posted:

Not till luclin or later, maybe pop.

Oh interesting - I'll look into that. Probably be around then when I might get one

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

DisgracelandUSA posted:

For you, friend, a quick ancient jarsath guide.

Step 1: Be a bard, shaman, shadowknight, maaaaybe necromancer.

Step 2: install ShowEQ and set up a spawn alert for ancient jarsath.

Step 3: Position yourself south of the ruins near the road (but not south of the road if you're evil!).

Step 4: Watch Netflix. The ancient jarsath will spawn naturally over time due to pilgrims/faedrakes killing drolvargs. And you can let the other suckers kill them too.

Step 5: Alert pings. Check ShowEQ. If it spawned near you, race to get it. If it didn't, don't.

For shaman, use spirit of the cheetah to get there faster. Keep levitate on yourself if possible. Bane + Pox + Ice Strike should secure it.

For shadowknight, melee + unholy aura + HT + melee + lifetaps should secure it.

Using this patented method, I secured 10 medallions for my guildies on Aradune, and 6 for my guildies on Yelinak.

Are you in my guild on Yelinak (SYU)? We have someone in our guild that secured at least 6 for us and pissed off a bunch of people so much that they reported him.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

MrSargent posted:

Oh hey SYU buddy, my main is Blaine.

Nice! LastFive here

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
We cleared VP last Thursday with 39 raiders. I don't know that we'll clear it all again in the future as someone mentioned, lots of weapons drops that were left to rot.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
Sleeper's up on Yelinak - Without Regret with 23 people. Guess I'll never see that mob haha

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

DisgracelandUSA posted:

It's been... A day?

Opened at 2pm PST, downed at like 2:20am

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

cmdrk posted:

essentially ran out of steam by the time Velious dropped, but nearing 50 on Yelinak and finally got a Ceremonial Iksar Bp for my Shaman :toot:

grinding in Kael now with my static group (NEC, MNK and my SHM+CLR box), it's going okay but definitely feeling the slog.

100% move to Velks for exp. I was grinding out some gems in Upper Dogs area, I netted 30-40% exp into 60 in 3 hours with just me boxing a monk/cleric/bard.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

RCarr posted:

Yelinak question

Why is it that it seems like grouping completely died like a month into Kunark? Before that I could put an LFG tag up on my Shaman and I’d get at least 5 invites within 10 mins or so.

After that I have had an LFG tag up for dozens of hours and maybe gotten a handful of invites.

Is it just everyone at this point is strictly boxing?

I didn't see it mentioned but there was a large population drop half way into Kunark. It picked back up a bit in Velious but still pretty low. If you want to LFG, I would suggest waiting for the next EXP Bonus weekend, which I believe is coming up near the end of October.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Dumpmaster General posted:

so after like a decade or so of not playing and the OP being a really good breakdown of things I decided to hop back in and see how EQ is these days. Are goons still mainly on Luclin? Are there any of the time locked servers that are in a good place? I have no idea what 'era' the various ones are on.

Goons are scattered to the wind these days.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Progression_Servers

There are all the servers. I'm currently on Yelinak, halfway through Velious at the moment and my guild has cleared all content except a full run of ST, which we are doing this weekend I believe.

I believe there is an XP bonus coming up in a week or two for servers, so now would be a good time to get in because a lot of people and groups start up again at lower levels.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

RCarr posted:

I didn’t know there was anyone else on Yelinak besides the 3 of us in Queynos Yacht Club!

What guild are you with?

I'm over in SYU - we are still running full raids and hopefully in time by next week.

Haven't played POP for 4 years or so - enjoying it a ton.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Baconroll posted:

We did Tallon/Vallon and Ralloz in Tactics last night - as I remembered the hardest part is the bloody trash with its frontal AE when your clearing to setup for Decorin Berik and Decorin Grunhork.

It can be utterly brutal if you get a few and they get turned.

Ralloz at the end was a cakewalk in comparison !

Are we in the same guild? haha - that happened to us last night (SYU) until someone piped up that they need to be tanked range and have a frontal cone aoe

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Coolnezzz posted:

I think I've gotten bored of Mischief after a month and I'm kind of interested in seeing how much of a shitshow Oakwynd is going to be. I feel out of my element playing on any EQ server post-PoP, even though the no-drop and loot rules of Mischief are really enjoyable for me. I wish I had stuck with it when it first released instead of trying it out now.

Will probably end up 6-boxing on Oakwynd next week, probably my usual group makeup of SK/SHM/BRD/DRU/MAG/MAG. I've always run a classic "holy trinity" group makeup when boxing but am curious about other group makeups. Maybe main an enchanter with a cleric/bard/other caster boxes and no tank? Not sure how that would go, does anyone else run a non-tank/non-standard based box group?

I've had great success with SK/SHM/Bard/Monk/Monk/Monk. Once you get monk epic's your dps is awesome, and super easy to position an all melee group/don't have to worry about range.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Baconroll posted:

The ruleset for the new servers are being announced on Thursday this week - I expect it will be a hugely popular mischief 2.0, and some other weird server that will be 100% empty !

Pretty safe bet

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

onesixtwo posted:

Really confused why they are doing two servers again. We all know the random loot is the only one of them to survive and it will likely pull from the other recent servers they would like to sunset.

Yeah agreed. The guild-recruitment-tlp channel is all Teek at the moment with tons of guilds coming back / reforming / moving from their current servers to Teek. Going to be a poo poo show.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Malaria posted:

I imagine the queue is gonna be brutal at launch.

Mischief had Thornblade to take some of the load off it. Just having Teek is gonna be rough.

Yep for sure - I'm looking forward to the threads of people complaining that they took off launch day for work and are stuck in a 4-5 hour queue.

*edit* The queue for Oakwynd lasted *I think* 1 day/night and then was right in going forward..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

MF_James posted:

Are they doing random loot as well or just free trade on teek?

I don't think they've said yet. I know I read they were going to release more information / details on the servers at some point, but haven't seen it yet.