Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Oh god they took the terrible EQ2 F2P model and brought it here.

I'll probably run around for a while out of boredom but SoE...SoE never changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Yeah SOE hasn't quite grasped the whole 'F2P' quite yet. If it's like EQ2 they basically piss you off into either going for the $15 a month or you quit out of sheer annoyance. The fact they severely limit your character choices is a bit jarring. Why can't they follow the LOTR F2P model? :sigh:

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
The class choice is incredibly basic, 3/4 races are nightblind (though this probably does not matter worth a poo poo anymore) and 250 AA in a game where you can have 2k AA and still be slightly gimpy is pretty hosed up. Not to mention the plat restrictions. Can you even buy the gear in the PoK past like...30ish with that much plat? Baffling really.

Still gonna play for the ol' nostalgia factor for a while but sub? Eh.

Plus the constant popups are irritating. Tabbed out to two new firefox tabs telling me to go gold or silver.

Stanos fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Mar 17, 2012

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Bemis posted:

65 rogue 20ish AAs with J1 tank merc here, was getting my rear end handed to me by dark blues in The Steppes. Should I stick to The Hole or what?

I was always a fan of the Hole even though it can get tedious after a while. Liked the atmosphere of the area and the mobs being Kunark era hit like wet noodles for the most part.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Ckwiesr posted:

I called SOE this morning to try and get access to my old account. I didn't know the cd keys, email, last 4 of the CC, or even the account name. I gave them as much info as I could and the guy was cool about it and gave me access.

I'll have to log on later and take a screenshot of the /played time on my rogue and shamefully post it in here.

I knew a guy with at least over a year game time during PoP, it can't get much worse than that.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
With the type of gear now, rangers could pretty easily tank until the...80s?

I tanked BoT as a ranger with like 4.5k hp during PoP spamming Flame Lick, I'm sure having gear with two billion hp per piece would be fine. As long as the mob is slowed you should have zero issues.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
If it's like Shards of Dalaya either you can pull extra and not get rammed or they wanted to not require The Holy Trinity as much as they used to. I never got people who played enchanters anyway. My brother did and when there was no mobs to mez it looked like the most boring poo poo on the planet.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I was well familiar with the cragbeast special for Gates of Discord and other fun tricks of enchanter charming.

I was also familiar with a mass buffed hasted cragbeast running at said enchanter and then one shotting half our group. :v:

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I had no idea test was f2p and gold, it'll be a good way to get my strange fixation to play a berserker out of my system at least once in a while.

In as Masuriya on test.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Yeah it's basically just some strange desire to be useless and hit things after playing a ranger off and on throughout my EQ career. Plus there's something viscerally good about playing a big dumb creature with a giant club or axe or sword or what have you.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Is the $5 for VIP access then? From what I read you get the feeling they want at least $10 instead.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Speaking of test and gold, they're popping a patch on Test (or maybe live too??) where you can buy what they call Kronos in the station store for 30 days of gold sub time. They're apparently sellable and tradeable also, so I guess they realized cutting off subs for station cash was a horrible idea finally. :v:

Also plat restrictions are gone from Free/Silver accounts. That is more confusing to me.

Stanos fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 9, 2013

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Ninkobei posted:

I hope everyone stocked up on triple station cash back in december. I know I didn't!

Me neither, I could've duped so much more stuff over to test with that extra station cash to sell. :(

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Looking cool is far more important than stats. :colbert:

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Test looks down to me, going to make some food then come back and see if we can pick it up I guess.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Did you try running as admin? I know Autoit didnt want to work for me unless I ran the script as admin.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

funzo2226 posted:

The froglok one is the best for making toons on live to copy poo poo over to test.

Dwarf rogue, you start outside the bank. Which is great when I had gold for December and the shared bank. :(

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
If you had characters on FV with them already and testcopied that would work but the moment you get on test they're flagged no-drop again.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
They're force multipliers.

Plus they're good for afk mercing. :ssh:

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Beastlords are good but really spammy if you want to eke the most DPS out of it so pick something braindead to box. I do ye olde classic BST/DRU so I can mash through LB content but when I pop mercs out my druid feels superfluous sometimes. A shaman is never an incorrect choice to box with a melee.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Flarestar posted:

One apiece. And there's a guild, yeah. Nobody's really managing the guild bank from what I've seen though, which is why I'm not dumping stuff in there for pickup.

It's not exactly well organized because about two weeks ago there was three real people in the guild and the GL has been sick. v:shobon:v

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I highly doubt we'll ever get a raid force going as most of the higher ups don't really give two shits about it past knocking out trivial stuff for the hell of it. I know when I feel obligated to log on I stop wanting to. :v:

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Friendly PSA if you're in the main test guild from your friend, Slowdive/Thrillho:

The guild bank is plentiful and loves to have useful things added to it. Collector's items, trinkets, power sources, tokens to buy gear and augmentations, and armor. Now what may be useful to you now is different from most people find useful, but the problem is that the guild has a limited amount of slots and one of the officers has to go through and file through the garbage and approve it before it gets put in the bank. This is becoming slightly tedious as people keep putting random crap in the bank that is of highly dubious use. So here's a list of things that are nice to have in the bank:

- Glowing armor (Reis/Athlai/Othni)
- 70+ items from Secrets of Faydwer zones on up
- Tokens for buying rk II spells and other goodies (although we have a ton of dream motes already)
- Epic 1.0 parts if they're droppable

What the guild bank DOES NOT NEED:

- Defiant armor. If you have some, hang onto it and hand it out if lowbies need it. Otherwise, power through or donate it to the guild tribute master.
- Random lowbie crap. I've had to remove a bunch of garbage from old world dragon raids that nobody will use as we have no amish people in the guild.
- Tradeskill stuff (debatable) We have a few tradeskillers but its already full of the useful tradeskill stuff. Hang onto it for yourself.
- Slot 20 ornament armor. Throw it away. If someone wants it there's a billion of it already on the auction house.

Help me keep the bank nice and tidy and save me some effort in having to check every 3-4 hours to make sure it isn't a mess. As a final note, please only take stuff you're going to use in the next 2-3 levels. We have a decent amount of gear but if you're level 70, please don't take fear touched or argath pieces from others who might need it. We have some very nice people copying gear and it makes it harder on them to keep it stocked when random people who can't use the gear take it out 5 minutes after it gets put in the bank.

Thank you~

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Attention high level (90+) goons:

I have some odds and ends aug wise, I'm missing a boneshard of the blademaster, a caster aug and rixact's but otherwise I have very nice-ish droppable augs and some food. Send a tell to Slowdive/Thrillho when I'm on (and not afk'ing at night :ssh:) and I'll get you some things. I've already sent a few out, they're mostly for people who want AC but since I'm copying them 5 at a time every 8 hours I really don't give a poo poo what you do with them.

(Also if you have caster augs, boneshard or Rixact's, please send one of those to me as I'm missing boneshard for my bst, 92+ caster aug for my druid, and Rixact's for my lovely zerker)

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Sent out a few more things, I got a boneshard but I also forgot the 92+ pet focus earring. I'd also appreciate that too. :(

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Devor posted:

You may already know this, but you can micro your food consumption by keeping your "stat" food in the top slot, but manually cramming your face with cheap food to keep the good stuff from being consumed. My solution to the problem is "who cares about another 200 hp".

What about 150+ AC? :v:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=107887

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=106615

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
If you're a melee plowing through Paw at 80 to catch up on AAs is very lucrative as having HoT gear in there makes you practically a walking god. It honestly also depends on what you're playing too. If you're a tank find some place you can sit and start grinding AA. The hole in the temple is good for this if you find people who aren't horking the entire place with afk mercs. But otherwise no not really. I'd recommend a fair amount of AA if you aren't getting PL'd and soloing for the most part but boxes can get away with less.

Just suffer through J1s until you get to about 85, then you can consider doing J5. The SoD quests to get J2-J4 are in no way worth it.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Depending on your classes, you might want to get your 2.0s, you could do some of the quests in Dragons of Norrath for the stat upgrades those provide but honestly hitting 80 if you have an abstruse/80 set lined up is probably one of the biggest power leaps you'll get in this game. 85 is pretty good too but I'd argue there's nothing that makes you feel like a boss more than taking a melee class into paw and abusing the entire zone.

2.0s so good you really don't want to miss them:

- SK
- Necro
- Cleric
- Berserker
- Rogue

Nice to have 2.0s:

- Bard
- Monk
- Shaman
- Ranger

The rest are okay to terrible with druids 2.0 being garbage tier. :(

Stanos fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 7, 2013

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I thought the quest was fun and it's like the zerker epic where you click it when you're DPSing and its a nice addition to whatever you're doing. It could be a lot worse. :v:

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

revenance posted:

Your options are one step above the options I get in CYOA books in terms of ways to die.

edit: But then we get to see things happen like, "I don't think you can die from poison!" *flops over*

Look buddy it was real close there, I only had to wait 2 minutes for it.

quote:

No no, forcing your horse off a cliff *over* the train we knew was there because we had just wiped to it, agroing *more* stuff, *then* running it back.

You want A-Team, you got A-Team. :c00lbert:

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
It's a bad statement. Say for example I want a lamp post on my beastlord. I claim it, then I can claim another on another character on my account. It'll tell me the same thing but it'll let me claim the lamp post on another. Any 999 item can be claimed by any character on the account but only once. Gift of Legacies Lost is a good example of this, as you can claim it on your alt but try to do it more than once on your main dude and it'll eat your claim and the item.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
The hastened adventure potion is one claim only, to dupe it you'd need shared bank access.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Skeptic has the most damage, the procs are pissant and not worth the trouble.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Hollow Hills posted:

So cool, all the bags I put in the guild bank were taken within 30 minutes and only 4 unique people were online, despite my enchanter not being able to take anything out, and now there's two on the AH despite me being the only one who's sold them in the last week (I was the guy selling them for 1 mil) so it had to be an officer.

I'm done. Anybody who wants something directly send me a tell.

Just curious, how did you you deposit them? Did you just throw the item in then leave it or file it? This makes a difference as afaik anyone can yank stuff out of the stuff waiting to be sorted.

Not that this isn't wrong and I'll investigate the situation with officers later but if it was just left it could be taken by anyone. Filed and it would be officer only. Or at least that's how I think it works but I'm not 100% sure with permissions. Either way, gently caress the bank give us a goddamn log and this wouldn't even be an issues. :argh:

edit: its a mechanic of the bank, someone (an officer) has to put it in the bank first before it shows up from deposits, landrice has it under control.

Stanos fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 20, 2013

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
A shaman can probably be run at 80% efficiency on 3 macros. One for your dots, one to debuff the mob, and one for 'oh poo poo' popping cooldowns. Ask Kodaji, he's got half his boxes macro'd down.

Also we (sort of) found a replacement for the Direwind Express. But that'll never return again sadly. RIP 40%+ xp a burn. :(

Stanos fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Feb 22, 2013

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
ISboxer allows you to broadcast without switching windows so say if you wanted to hit a macro on the shaman to cast all their dots and bind it to K or something you could do that while focusing on your monk's window. I don't know how they made it so EQ doesn't need focus on one window to work but bless them for it.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
If you're after AAs, you could do Paw around 80 as the mobs are gigantic wimps with HoT gear or Plane of Fire C2 mobs as they green out around 83? For AA grinding I always liked finding the biggest wimps and just mowing them down.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
The spell part really sucks since a lot of core spells weren't upgrades. Shaman/Druid didn't get a lot of their good spells and BST are missing a nuke.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

jetz0r posted:

Druids missed an upgrade on our big nuke, shm missed an upgrade on their group heal. As much as I like my dps, shm got off way worse from the skipped spells. Clerics missed an upgrade to their shining rampant line, which is also pretty big. Druids got all the rest of our major lines upgraded so we're only at a minor loss.
I've still been putting out some pretty good dps numbers without the Kolo's Roar upgrade. My current record is something like 63k dps on the 60s range burns. Sometimes I gently caress up burn order and I only get a couple chances a week to try for new highs, and I know that's not the best we can do. I'm not gonna place in the top 10 of a parse with that, but I can get there on the ~3 min parse mobs after everyone blows discs on the previous dragons. :D

Maybe a dumb question but did you stop using Grip of Ro and switch to the AA? I liked having the heal reflect on Ro but seems easier to just Blessing on inc then throw out a different debuff.

Also very impressed with my BST's damage, I think Tola has me at 18k when I'm boxing which I think isn't too bad? Still leveling a necro since pet tanking is so much easier than letting my pet tank and Assbeat RoF named taking 8+ minutes.

Stanos fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
There are still classes that solo better than others but for the most part you can solo your way to 100. It won't always be easy or fast but at least its possible now. Just be prepared to take a lot of poo poo for rolling a cleric since people are 'lol mercs' and don't realize that clerics are pretty drat good nowadays utility wise.