Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Test patch notes:

quote:

*** Highlights ***

- Celebrate 14 years of EverQuest with our classic anniversary events, starting March 15th, 2013 and running until April 26th!
- New missions, many created with your help at SOE Live 2012, are available starting March 15th, 2013, and lasting an additional month, through May 26th, 2013! The Mechanical Fortune Teller in the Plane of Knowledge will be happy to help players locate quest givers for the new quests.
- NPC melee combat will no longer cause other NPCs to move. Players can still move NPCs and NPCs can still move players.

*** Items ***

- Increased damage on many two-handed weapons from Rain of Fear.
- Many items that were lacking the placeable flag can now be placed in housing as intended.
- Many placeable items, including the paintings sold by Claire Nybright in Sunrise Hills, are now usable by all classes and races so they will no longer default to being hidden when browsing merchant lists.
- A number of mounts, illusions and familiars that were unintentionally unable to be cast during combat have been fixed (Notable examples include the Dragorn War Mask, Party Popper Nimbus and Doll's Mask).
- The Gluttonous Spoon now has a more appropriate icon.
- The Dioptase Fragment is no longer Prestige.
- The Box of Chocolate will now always grant a treat, unlike life.

*** Tradeskills ***

- New types of animal-themed helmets are available for crafting! Seek out the Matricks in the Plane of Knowledge for details, and animals throughout Norrath for materials.
- The research recipes for Enchant Planar Alloy and Mass Enchant Planar Alloy should now use Runic Numen Plaque and Fine Runic Numen Plaque in their combines respectively.

*** Quests & Events ***

- The Corrupted Temple of Veeshan - Cekenar's Chain Lightning spell will no longer do extra damage to classes who can critically cast DoTs.
- Ritual of Terror - The spell Gorilla Roar has been returned to its intended duration.
- The Return of King Xorbb - The mission and raid no longer reset if players are outside of the encounter area.
- The Return of King Xorbb (raid) - Saying "next battle" to Thistlebrush when you have already completed the first two raids in the zone will now teleport you to the proper location.
- Danela's Stand (Mission) - The Ry`Gorr miners in this mission should now be a bit easier to kill.
- Plans Gone Awry - Grolak's vision has improved slightly. He will now insist that there be a golem in front of him before he attempts the ceremony to raise it.
- April 1st is Bristlebane Day! Keep an eye out for an Emissary of Bristlebane in the Plane of Knowledge, who will have a task for adventurers level 55 and up.
- The Mechanical Fortune Teller in the Plane of Knowledge will be happy to help players locate quest givers for the new 14th Anniversary quests.

*** Spells ***

- Fixed many spells, such as Drakkin breath abilities and Remorseless Demeanor, which were incorrectly flagged to be unusable in the Plane of Sky, Kedge Keep, and Plane of Fear.
- Rogue - Corrected Tome: Pinpoint Deficiencies so that it can be used to memorize the ability again.

*** NPC ***

- The fey swarm in Kael Drakkel: The King's Madness now spawns more frequently.
- The black wolves in Al'Kabor's Nightmare now match their name.

*** AA ***

- Beastlord - Fixed a timer issue with Cheetah's Pounce causing conflict with Summon Banker.
- Berserker - Reckless Abandon will now correctly trigger the chance spells after Recourse 2 fades.
- Cleric - Fixed an issue with Touch of the Divine causing it not to work.
- Cleric - Rebalanced the healing power of Touch of the Divine across all ranks.
- Magician - Fixed an issue with Theft of Essence that was causing bane spells above level 83 to not work.
- Necromancer - Removed mana regeneration from Blood Magic to resolve a conflict with Beastlord regeneration spells.
- Paladin - Hand of Piety can now crit again.
- Ranger - Changed Flusterbolt/Blusterbolt to be Alteration spells to resolve an issue where they might proc one of the specialized arrows.
- Warrior - Phalanx of One's Proc is no longer interruptable
- Warrior - Blast of Anger is now an instant ability to resolve a conflict with the Bazu Roar line. Hate values have been increased to compensate.
- Wizard - Kerafyrm's Prismatic Familiar Rank 3 now has the correct description.

*** Veteran Rewards ***

- Bristlebane's Jester has leveled up!
- - Bristlebane's Gift will again fill up a health bar.
- - Bristlebane's Surprise will again fill up mana and endurance bars.
- - The Jester's Shape Change effect will no longer remove the target from their mount.
- - The Jester will no longer hand out a stack of his bread or wine to players that already have bread or wine.
- - The Jester will not offer his bread or wine to players who are in a raid.
- - The Jester has learned some new jokes.
- Staunch Recovery has leveled up!
- - The effect of Staunch Recovery will again fill mana, hit point, and endurance bars.
- The Steadfast Servant has leveled up!
- - The Steadfast Servant's available buffs now scale to max level.
- - - Buffs are roughly one tier below spells available to an equivalent level player, and last 15 minutes.
- - The Steadfast Servant will no longer cast buffs on you if you already have a buff with that effect active.

*** Achievements ***

- The Secrets of Faydwer achievement category has been removed for the time being. It will make its appearance again when the SoF achievements are ready.
- Some rare items from event chests are now available on the raid merchants in Shard's Landing for those who complete the Conqueror of Rain of Fear achievement.
- Achievements have been added for you collectors of Hero's Forge hat ornaments.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Rhenium Ore should now be dropping on Progression servers after Depths of Darkhollow is unlocked.

*** Zones ***

- The following non-combat zones have been changed so that buff timers are suspended: Nexus, Shadowrest, Sunrise Hills and all housing interiors, The Bazaar, The Plane of Knowledge, The Plane of Tranquility, and the Wedding Chapel.
- Many changes were made to creatures in Chapterhouse of the Fallen to make the zone more playable.
- - Wandering NPCs will be less restless.
- - Researcher Vespra, rats, and timeworn servants are no longer aggressive towards players.
- - The undead in the caverns have been moved around and their aggro ranges have been reduced.
- - Reduced the aggro range on all oozles and beetles.
- - Removed several NPCs from the caverns to create some safe areas.
- Parts for new animal-based hat ornaments can be foraged in zones where those animals live. A particularly elusive example is rumored to live in and near the Jaggedpine Forest. Be wary, as foraging too long in one zone will spook the animals that live there.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- An unreachable Collection item spawn point in Chapterhouse of the Fallen has been moved.
- The Evantil's Abode house has had its item capacity increased from 200 to 300 items.
- Corrected an issue which caused the window on kilns and ovens to display as gray rather than transparent.
- Added a "Sent" column to the Merchant window "Parcel" tab to display the date that a parcel was sent.
- Fixed a grammatical typo in the item display window when inspecting real estate trophies.
- Added the slash command /clearallchat. This functions just like /clearchat except that it clears the chat from all of your chat windows.
- The quest reward message will no longer incorrectly display twice when only giving one reward.
- Removed NPC on NPC melee "push". NPCs can still move players and players can still move NPCs.
- Fixed an issue where /autoinventory was not properly updating the item icon when there were multiple items on your cursor.

*** UI ***

- Added some minimum sizes to some windows to prevent overlap and the accidental hiding of information.
- Removed some unused UI XML files.
- The bandolier window will now close when 'Esc' is pressed and it is the active window.
- The "Player Studio" Marketplace category has been moved to above "All Items". Additionally, Player Studio items will now appear side-by-side with SOE created items.
- Added a combobox to the Options window to allow for the toggling of No Drop loot confirmations. This behaves exactly like the previously added /lootnodrop command.

- Changed -
EQUI_JournalNPCWnd.xml
EQUI_MerchantWnd.xml
EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml
EQUI_PetInfoWindow.xml
EQUI_ProgressionSelectionWnd.xml
EQUI_TaskSelectWnd.xml
EQUI_TaskTemplateSelectWnd.xml
EQUI_TaskWnd.xml
EQUI_TributeBenefitWnd.xml
EQUI_TributeMasterWnd.xml

- Removed -
EQUI_MeleeBuffWindow.xml
EQUI_NewUserWalkthroughWnd.xml
EQUI_Screens.xml

*** Previously Updated ***

- Corrected several warrior tomes that had been broken and could not be memorized.
- Corrected an issue that was causing free-target heals to fail to cast.
- Corrected an issue that could cause some players' arms to disappear when wearing Hero's Forge plate armor.
- The new Warrior ability Heroic Blade should now affect all skills as intended.

- The EverQuest Team

Bolding my emphasis of what I found interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Creative Bicycle posted:

If possible could i get an Abstruse bp for my wizard, Bisekshual, and an abstruse set for my rogue, Superghost? Thanks a bunch if you can, no rush at all.

Also for everyone: I have a completely full set (fear touched and non-visible gear) of level 92 RoF gear for anyone that needs it, just ask me on Krintix/Xrec/Meepit

Please send a set to Beatsboxer, thanks in advance.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
In short, yes. The raid on a level 75 capped raid zone went poorly because people weren't paying attention to gimmicks they couldn't just overpower. And they only get worse from there.

Also as stated, monks stink and beastlords are probably the LEAST broken pet class but it all stems from EM being WAY too goddamn strong and pretty much having a cooldown for me to pop always to keep my dps going. Also with paragon + focused paragon it's pretty hard to run out of mana as long as I watch my cooldowns.

Stanos fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 14, 2013

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
VoA where the named have more gimmicks but still beat that rear end if you gently caress up.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
If you wanted any dumbass clickies from luclin, those spawns are a lot easier now since you get basically a double chance at them with fabled/non-fabled versions. Do the 10 dose 100% xp potion if you haven't done that already and then level and get some of the augs along the way. There are a lot of them that are still very good choices to this day.

edit: VVVV

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=6782

13th and 12th anni augs aren't INSANELY good or anything but they're relatively easy augs to get and if you're a tank will save you a couple of tedious camps.

Stanos fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Mar 19, 2013

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Druid is just a very versatile box for casters. You got decent dps (for a priest class), enough utility healing wise for any situation, fire/ice debuffs, DoTs, a nuke aura (doesn't stack with reiterate unfortunately), paralytic spores way later and can adapt to pretty much any situation on the fly. With the way mobs mitigate slow these days debuffs are nearly as good anyway. If my BST/Bard combo wasn't enough for 95% of RoF named I'd probably do Dru/Mag(Nec) for boss stomping. Necro pet tanks worse but is more ideal for RoF content since pulling is back as a role if you want to kill any named worth a poo poo.

If I had my choice out of those, I'd go for the SK/Enc but I really don't like any of your choices to be honest. :x

Tanking and main healing on one box sucks, two healers aren't good unless you're clearing a zone of named after a crash/reset and clerics do the worst dps out of the priests. Not having anyone who can pull is going to gently caress you too, and I REALLY dislike the tank as the puller in the first place.

EDIT: Also you're the guy who's been afk in Paw? You are extremely lucky I didn't choose to train you for picking such a dumb spot to AFK. If I can find you afking in <1 minute, you've picked a bad spot. There's at least 3 good spots where it isn't so obvious in there and they aren't even along the main roamer highway.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
This is maybe a long shot, but is there anyone who plays on test or can copy that can request Ashengate North raids? That flagging process looks like a big pile of poo poo and I just want the high elf illusion clicky. :(

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
It's only a negative if it's all you do, really. I got zero problems with afk mercin (considering I did it before myself :v:) as long as you're not causing a disturbance to me or you aren't in a camp I want. That's why I suggested something more secluded that people wouldn't be tempted to train you at. Obviously this isn't a problem later but it was especially bad in Paw for a while where there was at least 2 afk trios constantly on the highway to remove every time I dragged my box crew there.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

bacon! posted:

Did the giant skeleton / steamfont anniversary quests last night. This is definitely the eq designers trolling their players. To top it off, instead of an aug we got POLYMORPH: DISEASED RAT wand

Try a 10 dose growth potion and come back to us. :(

Also if you're after augs/gear do Xorbb~

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
There are two parts that suck really, the hails to save the thralls and waiting/pulling the shocktroopers. It's a goddamn nightmare to do that early on at level without some good trickery. The rest is basic kill quests which are time consuming but not too bad.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Partisan of Shard's Landing which happens to be a decently well written quest line gives 24% (!) XP. Later lines are not so generous and more annoying (looking at you, new EW) but you should definitely at least do the Shard's line.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Basically the Terrorfist 'trick' is to get Terrorfist to fear you into a wall, the fear plays along and he beats you to death WHILE YOU ARE FEARED. Something goofy happens, zone crashes, you get a repop of the zone. Rumor is there's a trick to Evantil but I'm not sure what it is. I can't think of anything that fears there and the only thing I can think of is something weird like Yunizarn punting you out of geometry or something.

I only really do this when the zone is abandoned (or Xolokk is up because nobody kills that motherfucker) so if you piss people off with it it's not my fault. :v:

Stanos fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 5, 2013

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Consider most of us are vomiting plat or spend it on useless poo poo, don't worry too much about it.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Holy fuckballs that's a decent nerf. Not surprising but still sad. :(

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
RoF is tough but challenging and perfectly tankable for the most part though? :confused:

Kodaji and my boxes have done pretty much every named in xorbb that isn't named Xolok and a chunk in other T2 zones so most of them can't be hard at all with real live people.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
T3 is up already??? That's why I was playing league instead, waiting on that.

If anything, I can come be underwhelmed by the augs and find something else to crash zones. :v:

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Bellow is definitely useful for pulling if you're a lazy poo poo like me and just snare, FM and whack one and the debuff is noticeable. Don't neglect your cooldowns however for quick time is very good for a melee group.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
How a beastlord? They would have to be comatose, holy gently caress. I mean getting the MOST out of the bst I can understand since you have to weave your spells right to not be sitting on a cooldown for too long but drat.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
The gear sucks but with mercs (and especially 2-3 boxing) you're basically a walking blender until your 70s.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
They finally nerfed the bullshit EW mission! :woop:

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
He was probably abusing the social aggro tables and low level NPCs. You charm the bard mail lady, attack someone near the PoD and then he sees someone fighting and joins in.

Also a couple of those stories are BS since I'm like 99.9% sure that PC charm didn't work in PVP since early vanilla.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

MrTheDevious posted:

Are you ever gonna come play again or just post :(

Zebiss just apped to my guild so come join us as we quietly goon infiltrate~

I've been studying for my MCSE and playing League, takes up a lot of time. :x

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Mercs can go to any raid that isn't flagged as an expedition, so yes. Basically PoTime on up is no mercs allowed.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Kora warrens is still okay xp until about 90 with the hot zone bonus and it's a SoD zone so mobs hit for like...5k? My beastlord could tank them somewhat at least with HoT T1. You may also want to consider grinding some AAs on the worgs in Loping (grab the repeatable quest!) if that's a problem too.

You may also want to loot anyone HSing in the dream feerott too, they tend to not loot so you can grab the HoT T1 pieces off the named.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Donny J posted:

I used to play ages ago, stopped right around GoD I think, and have a 66 Paladin floating around on some server. I'm looking to reroll as a Mage, and was wondering which server would be best to start up on. I'm going to try to eventually set up boxing once I get a feel for the game again, but I've never been that good at it so I would hope to find a decent population of people to group with when necessary.

Depends what you want to do really. If you want the realistic experience and have ambitions of raiding, go to Xegony where a few goons raid. If you just want to play box army and chode around with wacky markets and not worry as much about gear, go to Test. Test has a raiding guild but it's not really the same as Live.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
There's a reason people avoid pubs. I always liked having people come along with my box crew because it's simply a fuckton more efficient but I couldn't imagine playing EQ these days without 2-3 boxes along for the ride. When I felt extremely lazy and found a pub group to join 9/10 it'd be someone's lazy box crew who take a minute break between pulls or the Verbal Diarrhea crew that never stopped typing and either let people die or did crap for damage.

Plus there's something nice about doing your own pulls. You control the pace and if some lazy poo poo DPS needs to afk you let them go and keep trucking.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

quote:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=106328 (shard's landing ring)

Just gonna let you know you get ONE option from this quest and taking the ring means you pass up a REALLY REALLY good aug choice.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Even on FV I still thing the aug would be a better choice since let's be real here, how badly do you need to be able to get to shard's RIGHT NOW that a ring would be faster than gating to lobby or anchoring to a guild hall? Now imagine later when next expansion is in Mithaniel Marr's brain or whatever they manage to go with next.

I mean I'm all for utility items but I still think the aug's gonna be a better sell down the road than the ring.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

ponzicar posted:

The next expansion is also going to have more augs, with better stats.

HoT augs are still desirable, and the shard's aug is REALLY good for tanks. It's not going to be useless for a few years. Hell, even the leap from VoA -> RoF augs wasn't really that large. I haven't really played in T3 RoF but T2 augs outsides of the bastard in breeding grounds were mostly poo poo.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Finish HoT flagging and if one of your boxes is a wizard/druid GET TELEPORT BIND (Best AA ever) and bind yourself in Sanctum Somnium or Morell's Castle. Kodaji did a lot of Morell's so he can comment on camps there but when I was on test 9/10 I'd port up to SS and have it to myself. Good for burning pots/LOTD past 93ish but at 90 it's superb XP.

There's a safe camp near the fountain at the zone in where its hard to run out of mobs at 90. Even at 95 with some stretching I could keep a mob in camp without waiting too long.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
POTIONS. So annoying to find on test. If you like scorp agony/spider's bite it's hard to find consistently on test. If you want to make any lowbies, you're gonna be SOL trying to get them armor so bring some of that over.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
There's a group haste click from a named in warrens and one from one of the named in the dark coven part of SS. I want to say from the named dog but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I don't blame them because trying to play a zerker after PLing one just confused and angered me.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Nodelphi posted:

How are Sony's account recovery customer service policies? Been thinking of messing around on test server a bit this summer and I've got an old account that I haven't touched in like 10 years and I don't remember the password and 10 year younger me must have set something incomprehensible for the recovery questions because they're not the real answers. Is it just easier to start from scratch? I had at least a few thousand plat I could put to good use and some twink stuff, but defiant gear seems so much better than anything I had.

By the time you get your account recovered, you could be past that twink gear and already way past the content you quit at. Especially on test.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

jetz0r posted:

Give it a shot, everyone I know who's had an old account has been able to recover it.

But like others have said, a few K and some old gear is worth basically nothing. You would have more Vet rewards and a bunch of random /claim things and probably lon packs on your old account. All that stuff is worth recovering.

Yeah but he's on test so he automatically gets max veteran rewards. The LoN cards would be a bit of a loss but you can't sell any loot from free cards so unless he gets really lucky it won't matter. Although I do use my sparklers and dragorn mask once in a while to be annoying in the guild lobby. :v:

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Basically if it's a DS click, assume it doesn't stack with SK stuff. I've found that to be the case more often than not. Even the strange stuff like VT DS clicky drops don't stack if I'm remembering correctly.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
If you're going to test, definitely box. No question about it. Even if you just have an AFK bardbox playing melody you still get an extra merc. Plus bard already compliments...every class so it's never a waste. Goes especially well with BST since it soothes your mana problems later and haste/overhaste is always welcome. I was doing T2 RoF and could either pet tank or merc tank about 80% of the named there. This was also before the pet nerf so now I'm not AS sure about that but most of named was luck of the draw in getting a bad round.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
You could probably get away without ISboxer if you weren't counting on too much fancy poo poo on the shaman. Mine was only 79ish when I quit playing it but you could probably work what you needed to do on them to like...3-4 macros?

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Are you on test? I mean boxing is free and you can have the laziest box with a bard running /melody. Gives you another merc to play with too. I can understand if you're annoyed by it or hate dividing your attention but a bard melody box is painfully simple and learning how to pull on a bard isn't exactly super hard when you have fading memories.

poo poo I'm pretty sure you could have a live bard buffbot if you weren't expecting much pulling wise or just needed FM once in a while. But then again, you're playing a necro so FM isn't as useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Depends how lazy you feel. Bard compliments necro extremely well but a mage pet to offtank is always a large boon. Then again, with some AA there's very little if anything a bard has problems pulling. If you're looking to just XP, get a bard. If you want to camp named, get the mage. More effort, more reward in my opinion.

Also pets can't do that. Special coding to prevent afk boxing I'm assuming. Unless the pet owner gets whacked, the pet does nothing.