Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I can't seem to connect to EQ through the SOD installation on steam. it just tells me it can't get a connection and the launchpad just shows a blank SoE title. Should I just download it off the website?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

So what would be a good class to run with? Since I can get a mercenary it seems like any class I pick won't have any problems in the long run at least. I've been thinking of running a Beastlord or a Necromancer. I've also thought about going Shadowknight.

E: If I have gold membership now and make classes like beastlord etc, Once I go silver will they be unusable until I pay for the class?

Dizz fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Mar 16, 2012

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Opened 65 priestess of the atronarch booster packs. I was hoping for a Doll's Mask but all I got was house ornaments. No big deal though.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Shrapnac posted:

Currently opening 135 LoN boosters, this sucks.

It's worse when you open so much and don't get the loot card you want.

At least we get some good cards out of it v:shobon:v

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Peechka posted:

So I think I have a Lv70 Ranger from back in the day. And some other alts, is this account good for free to play as well?

If I read the rules right, Since that character was made before F2P it should be grandfathered in and you can play it without problems.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

So how is this housing thing? As a free player can I get one? Is there some kind of upkeep or is it a one time buy? if there is upkeep and i fail to pay it, does the house and all the items in it get eaten?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

In as DizzDizz. Gonna roll as an erudite wizard until I put up some cash to afford a class/race combo to the one class that benefits from haste items and swings flashy weapons.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Not to be intrusive but did anyone have an answer to my House questions or can redirect me to an answer?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Thanks for the house info. I'm hoping to have one and keep it for a long time. At least for a place where me and some friends can chill for no reason.

Another question. I have gold members but after finishing the Legends of Norrath tutorial it says i can't do scenarios until I buy the game. what's going on??

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

So is Ascending Fearboners the new guild? I'm ingame as DizzDizz trying to beat this loving underfoot scenario [LoN]. Who would I go to about getting an invite?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I still have yet to decide what main class I want to end up playing =\. I've looked at some nice weapons and started liking the hand to hand stuff but I'm not fond of monks really and I don't want to play beastlord again. I've considered making a warrior or a rogue though since they seem like eventually they will have some neat gear and loot. I've also considered making an enchanter just to gently caress around with illusions.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Can I get an invite to the guild on my beastlord? Name's Chen and I'm sitting in the Guild lobby.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Am I able to train spells like heals and buffs if i just constantly cast them on myself? Since I levelled up so fast I neglected skill training and it usually takes me a whole mana bar of fizzles just to heal once or put a buff on me.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Am I better off training weapon skills now while I'm still at a low level or would i be safe with a healing merc and my pet tanking aggro while I slap and poke at the enemy's backside?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

lemonslol posted:

Well I guess I'll be transferring off of Luclin and joining you guys on the server wide channel. Sucks I wasted that money to get to Luclin, but honestly I came to gently caress around with goons and call each other shitlords and make each other mad, you know normal goon fun in any other goon game, because if I wanted a guild that didn't let me do that I had one over on Tunare, and they gave away a lot of plat. So it's been fun bros, see you on serverwide.

Yeah I think I'm gonna migrate too.

gepgepgep posted:

Edit: Here's the full text for the conclusion of the night. This is when goons were at their gooniest, mocking and trolling for the lunacy of the situation. I put the full text in, with what should be text bridging gaps so that it's entirely complete. I don't want to put a spin on this, I want it open for everyone to see how it unfolded...because throughout all of that text I don't see any goons calling us out for being "annoying". What I do see is a bunch of rather funny poo poo being said and one goon who finds humor to be anathema.

And here I thought you got kicked because "of a joke" :hfive:

E: OH poo poo YOU'RE DAKKITH? god drat I mistook you for another cool guy. Anyways shine on you amazing man.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 27, 2012

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Dracneir posted:

Goons are weird. So who left besides people that either got really irritating or never talk in guildchat? I don't notice a difference when I log on from before the schism

I hang around in the guild to ask for questions and such but I think i'm gonna sever.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

jetz0r posted:

Did you seriously just post a 7 page long screenshot chat log? As a serious justification for something? REALLY?

Why not? isn't it the truth?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

jetz0r posted:

We did Steel Behemoths again, and this time it turned into a giant robot anime. Or the amazing movie Robot Jox if you prefer.

Am I ever going to have my UI filled to the brim like this? :stonk:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Do I need hand to hand weapons in order to train said skill? Using bare fists hasn't given me any skillups since I started and was skill 17 at level 40. I just invested about 70+ skill points into training it and I'm still not getting any skills.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I forgot to mention I was Bst about the h2h thing. Also I forgot my offense is low as well. everything else is levelling fine [dodge, riposte] but it just feels like i'm getting no h2h or offense skills on blues.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Are there any decent hand to hand weapons I can get around level 42? I'm not getting any luck at finding defiant orbs.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

When did they add in the Paladin class?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Are rangers a fun class? I've been thinking of making one or just using that item that changed your player's class.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Hmm I thought there was an item you could use to change the class of your character. that kind of sucks becuase my Beastlord as all these no trade things like adventure potions and nimbus cloud that I kinda don't want rotting here.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Is there some sort of Ranger guide that I should give a look? I know eventually I'm mostly going to be meleeing but I'm not sure what weapon types I should be after.

E: Also, how much are classes in SC? I have 3200 SC to spend but am unsure what to use it on.

E2: can augments be removed and kept or are they lost?

Dizz fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 8, 2012

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

The337th posted:

Eqoutrider.net is a forum where you can browse for ranger info. The site/forum was just restored after some problems and is missing posts from nearly a year's time, but there is still a ton of information buried in there.

Melee weapon types, you should just worry with the one hand weapons skills, slash/blunt/piercing, at any time you may find an upgrade with any of those. Don't bother obsessing on the weapon skills you aren't currently using though, it's silly easy to just afk in an out of the way arena beating up your merc for those skillups.

Most any normal augment (slot 7 stat type stuff) is removable if you use the proper distiller. You always have the option of using the super cheap Aug Solvent to destroy an aug, but if you want to pay extra you can remove them safely for reuse.

Thanks for this info. I'l check out the ranger forums a bit later when I finish the tutorial and gear myself a bit. I'm also thinking of getting this one polymorph staff that gives me levitation and a damage shield. is it a good idea?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Does archery level up in the higher levels? it seems really expensive to make arrows at a low level to where I can spam them a lot to train it.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Any mages on FV that can hook me up with some arrows? maybe even tell me how I can even learn languages too? becuase I don't understand anyone.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Added you both. My Ranger's name is Alleria and I occasionally afk in PoK.

E: are there any low level weapon quests? I'd like to start skilling Dual Wield.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 9, 2012

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Hexel posted:

I just bought a shitload of plain 'ol arrows from the fletching vendor in Crescent Reach http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.html?id=22998 along with a bunch of quivers.

Lasted me all the way until Endless Quiver.

i was under the impression that arrows were expensive since the fletching materials to make them were pricey.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Pilsner posted:

Not really, the most expensive arrows cost perhaps 5-10p per craft, but they start up extremely cheap, just like all other trade skills. The basic arrows cost mere coppers to craft:

CLASS 1 Wood Point Arrow

Skilling up fletching to a certain point is super easy and cheap. Remember to make your trophy when you're between 50 and 100 skill.

Ah the reason it was expensive for me was because I was following the fletching guide that was linked in the OP. it was a freebie task that bumped it to 50+. the arows I was making were CLASS 1 Bone Point Arrows. the shafts were about 1.5p a stack.

Right now i'm more concerned with mercenary money so I most likely won't do more fletching until I have comfortable cash.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Ascending REDACTED

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Is there an estimate to the mount of plat I'd have to spend to get a skill like Fletching max or really high? I'm apparently swimming in massive PP at 42 ish [at least IMO. 1k and growing plat with my merc only needing about 20 per 15m is pretty good.]

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Tolain posted:

"Firiona Vie is what feudal Europe was like before kings came along. Robber Barons locking down everything" -BeowulfGallant.

As resident Potion Baron of FV, I thought I would share a few tips now that it's down to the wire for turn-ins (And apparently people are still on FV, I thought I was the last one for awhile.)

This is a pretty fast and quick way to get your bankroll up at low levels since each potion sells for 28-35k depending on how far away from anniversary we are. How else are you going to afford the robber baron's 2 million PP raid gear?!

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3068

Random tips:

-Most of these are zero effort and take about 2-3 mins to gather. I bring 10 traders satchels and collect 10 components at a time.

-The only real roadblocks to progress are LOIO bloodgoblins and the goblin fort in warslicks. If they're camped, just go do something else and come back later. When you get LOIO bloodgills, farm as many as your heart desires.

-The turn in is a pain in the rear end because it's 1 per character. Get around this with a campfire fellowship to port in your level 1 alts, or have a mage COTH you. What I do is bind a wizard at crescent reach spawn zone, make 2-3 alts, then port them to my bind point at the quest NPC.

-bazaar components per potion go for around 10k it seems, so once you start selling potions if you're lazy you can just start buying potion components, doing the turnin, and then selling the product at double. It's a really easy quest aside from bloodgills though.

-The end result of doing this quest on and off for about 5 days is basically double exp bonus (FV has a 50% default bonus...so 300%?) for life, and hopefully enough to snag a few solid raid gear items I've had my eyes on.

Basically I'm everything that's wrong with the FV server.

Wait I thought these potions were no trade? I'm tempted as gently caress to do this myself. Not necessarily to sell them although I might sell one or two, but to give myself a massive EXP boost. I don't necessarily poopsock hardcore so levelling is generally slow for me.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Is there any benefit to training tracking?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Isn't there supposed to be a Friday the 13th sale today as well? Could that have been the culprit?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

jetz0r posted:

The sale was illusions going down to 3500sc and LoN packs going to 100sc.

Yeah, I have no clue why that was worth sending out two emails to everyone.

You can buy LoN boosters for 100sc? jesus gently caress i'm pretty interested in that!

I just wish I could actually get loving avatars from boosters.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

RCarr posted:

Sorry if I'm missing something but why would you ever want to buy a LoN booster pack? Do you actually play the terrible card game?

I only play it for the event prizes. a month ago I finished one that gave me a ton of adventure potions, invincibility potions, speed, health, and mana potions. pretty nice for something that gave me free cards.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

10x of each of the collector's items. Am I supposed to make a new account for each potion or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Hexel posted:

People with disposable income purchase booster packs in the hope of getting a particular loot card. I once dropped $90 USD in hopes of getting a naggy familiar.

I didn't get poo poo.

That's why I haven't bought boosters yet. I just want different avatars to get extra potion packages and poo poo

but it seems like I can only get them in starter packs so gently caress that.