Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Sgt Froggy posted:

Is there a separate login/registration for the LON side of the game? Ive got gold, Ive gotten (redeemed) 2 starters and 20 boosters, but it still wont let me into scenario play. Its getting frustrating to say the least.

Then again since I started mucking about with it my leveling rate has dropped off. Maybe staying locked out isn't such a bad thing.

Yeah for some reason I can't do scenarios neither. They want you to spend real time money on it in order to do them.

Except you can do Scenarios by doing into the trade section and you should see the new event scenario on the right. click it and you can do ANY of the scenarios available*.

*Most scenario games are locked until you win the previous ones since it's a campaign and it tells a story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

darkhand posted:

And if I make a rogue and hire a tank merc will I end up at the same fate?

I'd say no. if you're really bent on raising skills as you're levelling up, suspend the merc every few levels or so and pull a mob near the zoneline and just autoattack it until near death and zone. bind wounds or just regenerate [Or have an alt with a cleric merc heal you] and repeat until you're at a satisfactory level.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Are there any buyable containers that have 15+ slots? I was able to get my hands on a Dreamweave satchel and an Ethereal Dreamweave satchel cheap. I'm playing on FV by the way.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Do mobs usually start getting fat [HP wise] at 45+? the exp is pretty mediocre n Gorukar mesa but the giants are pretty sturdy and it takes time killing them.

Even worse when they start fleeing at hundreds of miles per hour and start getting adds :smith:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I find it stupid that they don't have LoN starter packs in the SC store. it's the only way to get avatar cards..

E: Plane of Disease is tough. don't know why the level 50 hot zone quest wants me here :downs:

E2:

jetz0r posted:

as for 45ish stuff, try old world or kunark stuff, the mobs are going to be a LOT easier than things from later expansions.

Mind giving me an idea of what is old world/kunark? I'm kind of an idiot to this game.

E:VVVVVV I dont know but I wish I had 20-30 bucks to put on this game right now :(

Dizz fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Apr 28, 2012

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I'd be hella interested in a game card right now but I'm nowhere close to affording one in plat.

E: old paineel is pretty okay. My merc can handle any mob by itself so long as I keep using Light healing on it.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 29, 2012

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Peechka posted:

You can make tons of money there. If you make it up to the temple area and the tunnels surrunding the temple, we would make like 10K for a few nights killing stuff there.

Right now I'm restricted to the area where I jumped down the big hole/waterfall as those mobs are all red down that tunnel and can see invis. I think I might stay here until they're blue/light blue though if I can make a hefty sum.

Fishy Joe posted:

You build your own avatars on the deckbuilder screen.

Wait.. What? :psyboom:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Hexel posted:

If you take the guild hall portal to Brells Rest there's a portal from brells, about 10 yeards away from where you appear that takes you right to the bottom of The Hole. Saves 2 hours of training/clearing or wondering if you're gonna survive a fall.

Yeah I go to Brell's rest if things get a little too hairy. sadly right now there's absolutely nobody camping the 2 gargoyles at the fake rock and I can't do anything right now.

E: also, I'm not in a guild.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 30, 2012

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

When can I start getting AA levels? and should i start to get a few as a ranger asap?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

How the gently caress do you do Old Seb without one loving froglok running and pulling 50 other pieces of poo poo?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Vomik posted:

Aren't you playing a ranger? Might want to memorize snare

Yeah I'm on permanent root duty now. sucks that I can't use my DPS but oh well.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Hexel posted:

Snare is your best friend, do that before you do anything else. Root is entirely situational. Just snare everything and it'll become a habit. Make an audio trigger too so you can be sure it landed or did that poo poo just get resisted??

Usually I keep an eye at the combat log to see if any red text shows up during a fight. it usually hints me on wether something got resisted or landed.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Citycop posted:

So I tried this card game in the menu because people were saying you can get a mount as a reward from it.

For starters, while going through the tutorial the game is ridiculously complicated.

Once I finally got through it I read that I cannot play unless I am an "Eq subscriber". I'm a gold member wth.

To play scenario and event games, go to the trade screen. on the right you should see something like "click here to play the event scenario". A window should pop up with all the scenarios and stuff you shouldn't be playing [Or should if you've spent money].

I spent money on EQ and bought a booster pack. I even bought a regular booster pack with cash too to prevent this headache and it's still being stupid.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

That LoN scenario was pretty easy with my dinky mage deck.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Oben posted:

I camped this all day and eventually got two in a row for my gnomes. You can't shrink gnomes. :(

don't they actually get bigger if shrink is casted on them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

assisted the guild in a pegasus cloak auction thing for 2 days and didn't even get a cloak myself. AMA

e: of course i get a loving cloak last night when im traveling back through SK because i hosed up in doing my epic.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Sep 21, 2021