Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Fantastic OP, one thing I would query though is that it says Silver is $5 a month. I understood Silver to be a one off $5 payment.

I always presumed the idea from the Gamerunners (as Turbine do something similar) was that you get your card registered onto the account and that makes it much easier to impulse click into a couple of items from the cash store and that's how they make more coins out of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Bahanahab posted:

I seem to remember a one loot macro button you could make, but all the websites I'm looking at don't have jack for targeting corpses. Anyone know what the hell I'm talking about, because it has been so long I might be thinking of a different mmo.

I just have a macro that has

/target a
/loot

as its two lines and spam that. Almost everything you kill starts with the letter "a" and so long as your merc has a different name this will work a treat. You have to manually target "named" mobs.

Don't forget to have "/hidecorpse looted" activated as well each time you login when you leave all the quest/tradeskill junk lying around. Some of the mobs in the Stonehive had 10+ items on them of which maybe 1 was worth picking up.

If you are just jumping into EQ again on an older account, check your LON collection. You might have 50+ bonus packs to open and possibly even a legacy claim card that has 300hp mounts etc on it.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Does anyone know offhand if there are any time restrictions to /testcopy? Once a day/week etc?

It's about time for my usual annual go round and I thought I'd try a necro for the first time ever. They've made a couple of my old illusion items heirloom status so I thought I'd copy a char across to play with those and my meagre 10k or so, I do note I have a ton of velocity tokens though and can afford 6 of the platinum bags to help get going \o/

Have they really not updated the hot zones since 2011?

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
A couple of nice quality of life changes since I last played in POK acting like the Baz and GL now and not ticking down your buffs and also being able to see your threat %age in the multi-target window which will help no end with timing your damage etc, it was always a black art beforehand.

Level 50 get! Will do Griegs to 55ish and then move to the Roost methinks.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

No More Heroes posted:

If one dude is pulling all of griegs or roost is too crowded- nadox is good until 60, the luggalds in the incubator room

Griegs has been quiet all day, I ended up doing 50-62 here after trying the Roost and getting fed up of the higher level zillion hp cats roaming around. I went to the Hole and roamed the tunnels to get to 65 and knocked out a few AA. I ended my playtime today at 65 with about 50aa.

Worst lazy xp'ing I've ever seen was going on in there as well, everyone knows about the 2 fast spawning gargs at the bottom but as they were of course camped someone desperate for afk xp had parked 2 PC's and 2 mercs at the 2 gargoyle spawn at the rocks about 100 yards up the tunnel. They are on the typical 20+ minute spawn timers...

Necrotalk advises doing the bare minimum AA (pretty much just run speed, mana saving and dot crit aa's) and levelling asap to 85 where the real goodies are. I'm not sure if I want to do that but admit a big chunk of that reluctance is not levelling a caster up to any serious level before so the stuff I knew from a zerker and SK etc are invalid. I need to learn how to kite, from what I've read so far (and I need to give necrotalk a long read instead of the quick browse so far) apparently going to Icefall will help with that. Shame the hotzones are junk, or at least they are from what I remember from a melee pov, perhaps they are better for casters.

I have 150 dream motes saved up for the 80 gear and will keep an eye out for the 80 visibles in the baz as I presume people still xp etc in the HoT areas from comments I've seen in general. I'm mostly welfaring it until then with defiant etc.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Where have people levelled recently from 80 to 92ish that didn't make them want to shoot themselves while doing it? Thinking of doing it on both the necro (80-92) and SK (85 to 92) and presume it would be different paths as well with their differing killing types. It would be solo or molo. I've browsed the official forums etc but most of them seem to have a box crew in mind.

Getting to 92 seems the wisest course of action due to the huge amount of baz buyable 92+ gear compared to the lack of 85-92, which is fair enough, I guess thats pretty old content by now.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

No More Heroes posted:

For many years there was a lot of rumors and conjecture about the leader of the #1 raid guild there, I think it was Fire & Fury. People said he had this massive RMT empire and made a living off of it. Theres a few articles out there maybe from IGN I think it was.

It wasn't rumour and conjecture, it is (was?) fact. The ogre behind the main baz banker and 10 or so various selling mules dotted around the baz selling top end gear along with the main trading character stood on one wall across from a banker, Exxy iirc. Once you had bought a thing or two from their operation (as has been pointed out a few times in the thread, for a looong time Fire & Fury were the only raiding scene on FV anywhere close to the top end of current expansions) you'd be offered alternate payment schemes, i.e. paypal for the decent Bazu augs or raid gear etc. Most raiders were also asked to give them first refusal on account sales when they were quitting.

Hell the joke about the ogre behind the banker was that the owner logged back in after a crash/maint so fast she appeared before the bankers did. Bimboku or something like that I think.

To be somewhat fair though, their prices were pretty reasonable compared to what a lot of other people were trying to charge.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Last I saw on the forums they are claiming they meant all along that only the quests that had problems with were going to run for extra time, they just didn't word it correctly. As you can imagine that's gone over like a lead balloon.

Their community operation has rarely risen above the level of mediocre, then again it's not like the rest of the MMO industry is any better.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Yes, it's rubbish but it's (slightly) better than nothing at all. If you are in luck (and there's a lot more people around Test nowadays, I see more people in the lobby than used to be logged into the entire game) there will be defiant stuff in the baz for peanuts.

The main reason to do /testcopy though is that they very generously give you every spell and max your skills. Levelling at double xp is hard enough without *fizzle* *fizzle *fizzle* fuuuuuuuuuuu because you only get chance to cast 5 spells a level until you hit the 50s :v:

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Malt posted:

Posting this so everyone can see how ridiculous it is for anyone to be upset at what he is doing. The red circle is what he is killing afk. If someone is honestly complaining about that, you really have no reason to talk to that person or defend his actions. They are stupid.

The 5 named in the zone can't spawn there and the mobs are the lowest level in the zone at the entrance.

Exactly, when someone said near the entrance to Paw I presumed they had said the wrong zone.

For lazy xp'ing in Paw the best spot is that little nook south of 3 and clearing pretty much everything on the map to the west north and east of it. The "beach" up and right from 5 isn't bad for pulling passer by stuff and needs a little bit of running around. Other than that and the entrance area for slightly lower levels the rest of the place is too much of a pita unless you find a puller who is keen as mustard.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Meowbot posted:

Yeah I tried doing testbuff when I first started but had no money to afford the mercs. I wanted to get used to the game but I'm almost 25 anyways now. It woulda been too daunting at level 25 with no mercs.

For future reference, although you'd still need to kill and loot *something* for coins/selleables within at most 15 mins of using /testbuff, but you can grab a merc for free before level 10. Testbuff up and go clonk a few mobs and sorted. ONly really useful for the first time you login to Test and before any kindly Goons help you out with some coinage etc but it might come in handy for someone one day!

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Am I blind or have they removed the Live/Test swap button on the launchpad?

I'm going to jump back onto the Necro I got to 80 last time but not burn out so fast hopefully. I think heading to where I can reliably root/rot will be my best bet so heading to 85 is the first target. Are the crocs still the go-to mobs for doing 80-85 reliably if rather unexcitingly?

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
That's a nice read, 14 years ago, drat >.<

Necro experts, when does root rotting become less than an exercise in dancing around when they start breaking like mad? Thought I'd give it a try this morning and it looks like I'll still be much better off snare kiting for now. Presuming it's not until the 90s and getting hasted Persistent Paralysis that you can go completely nuts root/rotting?

As for rushing to content, I've seen most of the earlier content in my many many runs before. I'm mostly heading to 85 (or even 92!) this time to see the newer stuff I haven't participated in before. I hear 92 is a really sweet spot for necro power and that coincides with a gear level as well so win/win!

Is <Roost> still considered a disgraced guild? I was still tagged when I logged in but haven't had any hate-tells yet. Should I look elsewhere asap?

Edit: VVV Fair enough. I'm not in a rush so I'll listen out for a decent guild along the way then and stay tagged for now. For interaction purposes there's the chat channels at least!

Fazana fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Aug 6, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Cheers for the info, only 81 right now so that's a while away. Will probably do Loping crocs to 85 and then see what's what elsewhere.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
I think I've been misunderstanding the payment structure for ISBoxer etc, it's really only $3 a month? I thought it had a $50 upfront cost or something for the other software to use it? If that's the case then it's time to see if this shed will run 2 boxes, especially as it seems you get a 7 day trial.

Are LDON's worth doing for xp nowadays? They used to be okay if the hotspots were all camped etc, guaranteed chain of mobs and a fresh one every 15 mins or so.

If you were mad enough to think about levelling a warrior up, what would be a better second buff etc box, bard or shaman? I can see bard would be a good afk 2nd box for a lot more classes than a shaman but shaman buffs along with haste/slows etc would be drat nice for melee classes.

Edit: VVV Even $5 a month for three months is pretty darn good if it works on my craptop.

Fazana fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Aug 7, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Xars posted:

Please don't ever do LDoNs for exp. Please.

For the warrior, are you going to use mercs during the leveling process or just the 2nd toon? If yes to mercs, bard is fine. If no mercs, the go shaman.

Okay, you convinced me to stay away from LDON :v:

I believed once into the 60s and the tank merc stops being a mob blender I'd run WarTank + shaman/bard + Wizmerc (if my dps is the pits) + healer depending on whether I went shaman or not or I proved to be shite at using a shaman healer through ISBoxer/until I had geared/aa'd enough.

Going to do the Hero's Journey as I've not done that before.

I have a bunch of stuff to get rid of on FV so I think I'll spring for a months sub to be able to Baz it away.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

xZAOx posted:

FWIW, I had never done LDONs before, and I found them a lot of fun. Not for exp, no, but it was cool having some narrow crawly dungeons to play in again (obviously with my merc and when they were all light blue).

Just saying that in case you've never seen the content - I think they're worth seeing. And getting the dodge aug for most classes.

I did them a ton around when they were current content and a while afterwards. The one in Ro especially was popular for groups, can't remember why. A spell or aug that you could only get from that merchant probably! I've never done any of the raids though. I just had a vague memory of them being reasonable xp back in the day and even recall levelling one time pretty much 20-60 or so entirely on LDONs as we were rushing to get raid level.

I believe for a long time they didn't scale past 80 or so but they fixed that in the last 12 months?

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

darkhand posted:

I'd recommend just staying out of TBS completely, but that might just be me.

If you aren't rushing the levelling, the Jonas Dagmire hand aug is a decent quest chain with a drat good for it's level reward and a decent amount of xp as you chug around doing it.

AC10 Stats+10 H/M/E 135 req65

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=67072

10 Loyalty points for the doubloons will save you buggering about with faction.

Edit: Bah, I see you did briefly mention it later on but still, worth pointing out imho for the people not sprinting to 85-100 or so.

Fazana fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 14, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Vulpes posted:

Another random question - the named in SoF seem to have loot tables with paired almost identical items, one slightly better than the other. Is this just a case of 'there's a small chance of getting a slightly better version' or is something else going on? I thought at first that the loot must have been upgraded at some point, but both versions still drop.

No there's two versions of almost every drop, one of them has an extra aug slot (type 3 iirc?) and as you mentioned slightly better stats as well. I don't remember both types dropping from the same mobs though, they typically had two different drops on their table. That's what I remember from Loping Plains and Dragonscale Hills, I did a ton of killing in those two places a couple of years ago on an SK. When it was an HZ Loping Plains was great xp and still isn't bad now.

The 65-75 gear is still pretty drat good for that level range, certainly better than the elab defiant and possibly elegant as well at least up to 75.

Fazana fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Aug 15, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
^^ Firstly that's hilarious. Almost as funny was the resident test General chat fuckwit Greattoad insisting all day yesterday that the pets weren't bugged and it was people using hacking software doing it...

Does the generous Goon who has sets of all the level 80 armour types still play? If he does I'd really appreciate a plate set please! I've been trying to source some level 80 warrior Ironhand armour and failing rather miserably, it looks like Armoursupersales or whatever he was called has disappeared. If not I'll keep spamming general and hope to get lucky!

I started back again a couple of days ago and two more returnee's popped up today so perhaps a mini revival is at hand. Or not :v: I'm on Snowjoke and mostly in the Hole atm aa'ing away.

Edit: Got confused, it's the 85 stuff you can trade the parts for, derp!

Fazana fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 17, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Vulpes posted:

So I'm trying to FD split pull on my SK, and it's driving me nuts. I snare one mob of a pair, when they are both nearly at me I feign. Non-snared mob walks back and resets, snared mob stays. All according to plan, so far.

However, when I stand up, the snared mob instead of coming towards me, aggroes me but heads back to it's spawn point anyway, re-aggroing everything again. Even if I re-tag it with a spell, it steadfastly refuses to come towards me until it has gone all the way back to it's spawn point, at which point it turns aruond and comes back. This happens literally 100% of the time, in any zone I've tried it.

Am I not understanding something about the way this is supposed to work, or am I bugged somehow?

This is where the lovely extra target window comes into its own for an SK. You can tell the aggro has dropped from watching that. It's not great and it's a shoe-horn for a dodgy gameplay mechanic but at least you'll be able to predict when you can actually stand up and get the mob you want.

As far as Test goes, I can somewhat shoddily make plate level 80 armour patterns now (and maybe chain by extension? I will read up on that) for the abstruse stuff and have a full set of the no-drop items on a mule if anyone ever needs. I haven't touched tailoring as yet so if anyone wanted them converting to silk/leather they'd need to provide patterns for now.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Anyone have any advice on building faction with Dream Delvers at 85? Would it be a possible for a warrior/cleric merc to do some of the tasks to start raising it with 85 Rustic visibles and an 85 weapon/shield?

It looks like I need to be Amiable to buy the 85-90 non-visible gear unless there's another set of 85-90 non-vis from a different expansion?

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Welp, that's been a fun morning...

For the life of me I can't seem to make the levi run in the Hive to get to DSK. 3rd person, first person, aiming up down left loving right it doesn't seem to matter, by the time I get to the bridge I'm too low and drop down and zone out. I did it all the time back in the day but after my fifth failure this morning I just said gently caress it, no Shadowy Student camp for me. Just to kick you in the nuts that little bit more it zones you into Stonefall next to the statue you can only use when you have the invitation and it's so far from the Hive entrance because of the zone layout it's about the same time to throne back and guild portal to Undershore and run back again that way >.<

Then I thought I'd head to Ashengate and try for the aug in there as I've never been there before. 30 minutes of running around Direwind because the maps couldn't be more misleading if they were drawn up by the Iraqi Information Minister I finally make it to the north gate which is guarded by two dark blue mobs. 2 minutes later I'm dead after the cleric went oom before I got one of them down to 50%.

At least I have the RSS augs done and a bunch of other HZ augs and a bonus Treant Refuse from a Grounds PL the other day. 83/1760 atm, chugging along xp wise. Going to push for 250+ Smithing today and start reading up on Merc J5.

Fazana fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Aug 20, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Thanks for the info!

I found that site earlier through google but the pics weren't rendering properly and it just crashed adobe when I let their flash stuff work. Tried it again just now in a different browser and there we go! Will try again this afternoon.

Gave FoScale a go just now but didn't quite have enough beef to down the named with my dodgy dps, will go back at 85 and try again for the two augs.

My EQ life would be so much easier if my craptop wasn't so rubbish and I could 2 box for wiz merc dps and bard or shaman buffs :v:

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Well I honestly don't know what to say about The Hive, I just tried again and even after doing the left of zone in trick to get so high in the sky I am miles above I set off and drop like a loving rock and I'm below the level of the lowest platform long before get close enough to get on and I'm ported to Stoneroot. Maybe it's my lovely machine?!

I've tried first person with practically staring into space, staring at 45degrees and 3rd person with both settings and no matter what, no living platform for me. Mulder and Scully poo poo going on here or I'm monumentally crap at this one specific thing :v:

Oh well, plenty else to do and see. That trickster mask from a page or two ago is high on the list.

Test just got a bugfix downtime for the pet bug, merc window etc. POK and GL aren't seconds per frame anymore \o/

Edit: Got my Necro to 87, suddenly it seems a zillion aa's have opened up, grinding time!

Fazana fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Aug 20, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Just done a full run through of J5 on my 87 Necro :getin:

I'd done the ground spawns and had just finished the Thrall hailing (cheesed it with hail-gate as the aggro range on the hail is nuts) when a 100 Mage turned up with an alt/friend in tow and woohoo! Thank god he did as although I managed to kill KPrime I haven't gotten used to Necro-ing in close quarters yet and was all over the place trying to kill the sentinels/champions etc and there's no chance I'd have been able to do the Ogre area parts on my jack at that level.

On another subject, I've been a total :downs: and accidentally deleted my 1.5 >.< I only realised today when I went looking for it and remembered putting on a lot of new gear 7-10 days ago and just destroying what I had equipped. I believe I'm right in that necro's keep using the 2.0 because of the perma 8% dot crit effect or do they swap over because the gear adds so much extra beef at some point? I'm hoping if I petition it they will take pity on me and return it so I can do the 2.0.

Fazana fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 22, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Aye I'm on Test, spend most of my time on either Fazango or Snowjoke atm. Thanks, will keep an eye out on gchat! Will also check my claims, don't think I have enough SC for the lowest tier of reclamation, I'd thought they were just for buying back accidentally sold vendor stuff when the time limit had ran out but if they work that far back then that's pretty cool!

Anyone any interest in a run of Old Man McKenzie missions? I wouldn't mind the Orb Of Tishan which is 14 brews and the only other option apparently is getting to 100 for 100req gear that have the effect or an AA I believe. Fair warning I've never done them at all but they sound interesting enough to be worth a look anyway. Need 3-6 with an average level of 80+.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Credit where it's due for SOE!

I petitioned a couple of hours ago about me being a moron and accidentally deleting my 1.5 a couple of weeks ago. I humbly asked if they could replace it and if they could I'd still be a moron but a moron with a 1.5 again! Filling in the details it quite openly says when you submit that any item losses won't be actioned and you should buy Tokens of Reclaim.

Anyways just now I got a /tell out of nowhere from a GM saying to make sure my cursor is empty and 10 seconds later I got a Token. With that he said Enjoy your 1.5 again and logged out. What a nice chap \o/

Time to read up on the 2.0!

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
I'm usually around on Test and in the chat channel during Euro time atm on Fazango, I'm still Roost guildtagged atm.

In the last week or so I've got to 92, got my 2.0 done, Alaran language to 100, finished HoT tier 1 and DoN tier 1 (only Emoush away from tier 2 but finding 5 other warm bodies in a 15 level range so I can raid request is hard!) and cranked out a bunch of AA.

Doing HoT tasks lets the aa roll in even when I'm lazily pet tanking with a merc so I don't have to worry about roamers on that godawful "You cannot see your target" even though it is 5 loving yards away and coming to kill me nonsense :v: I learned about Death Adept this week, 2 minute cooldown 100% FD with memwipe and autoinvis. Necro's have some drat nice utilities...

If anyone ever needs anything on there, some starter plat, dream motes for 80 non-vis gear or chain/plate armour templates (282 smithing and drat gains are slooow now) for Abstruse or Rustic just shout up.

Fazana fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 28, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Does anyone have a "Krezik's Blistering Judgement" (a rather nice 92-95 2hb 221/36) or something equally as nice on Test or can copy one over please?

I can throw some Test Zimbabwe plat at you or help you out with something hopefully!

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Double post because...

In EverQuest, enjoy Double XP beginning at 5:00pm PDT on Thursday, August 29, through 11:59pm PDT on Monday, September 2, 2013.

4 hours from now!

Remember xp is additive not multiplicative, Test will be at 300%, FV at 250%. Xp Pots/Lesson adds another 100% on top of that.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
City of Bronze is nice, done 60% regular xp in 92 this morning whilst grouped with a Ranger who has just been autofiring his bow. He made 88-90 in the same period!

Biggest hazard isn't the mobs, it's mages doing their beam kiting nonsense :v:

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Are the continuing lag spikes also affecting people on Live or is it a Test only problem atm? I know it's not just me as quite a few people in one of the chat channels I use reported today it being the worst it has been so far of the week or so of hit hitting every 10-15 minutes. Today though it seems more like every 2-3 minutes and after my third death from hitting an inc key and the badly timed 1-2 second hitch being enough for me to get overrun and splatted I've given up for the day.

Got to 100 over the weekend, will be gradually working various forms of progression over time. Just finishing the last few tasks for the Feerrott complete achievement got me 95aa today so it's going to be a nice source of xp as well as getting stuff done. The first Grounds task is a bitch, handing the bones into an npc that has 6-7 mobs in range of which at least one, the doorway mob, can see invis. I was going to pet attack and sacrifice that and my merc to do the handin but the final lagspike of the day caught me as I pulled the trigger mob :v:

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Did it first go this morning by sending the pet in and letting it aggro everything then wandering to the quest mob and turned the bones in. Levant'd away and saved the merc and myself, sorry Kebaba!

Unfortunately I'm still lagging very badly, I don't mind dying when I screw up as usually I learn something but dying when I was hammering the button for pet to attack or PParalysis etc and nothing happens just sucks. Will try again tomorrow. I've tried other online games etc and not a problem so :shrug: Pissed off tbh as I've been looking forward to doing this stuff.

I hope healer mercs get buff extension aa's!

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
It amused me at the weekend to see people on Test offering plat on their "home" servers to be able to copy the cloak even just one time.

Last time I saw the ring for sale on FV it was at 2.1m and I heard it only went up. I presumed the ring was a level req error until I saw the cloak was also req90rec95.

Just added to the SOE forum thread about the lagspikes. Just died poking around in Rebirth when I turned a corner, saw a mob and right clicked to see if it saw through invis and apparently it did as my next game update had me faceplanted :v: The lagometer shows me bouncing from 100% down to 97% or so and then back up, if I'm lucky it only does it once, if I'm unlucky it cycles a few times before staying at 100%.

There's a named gargoyle in there who drops an EM14 earring, I hear he is easier than the T3 version (Glorig?) but I don't understand the zoning layout yet between Threshold and Rebirth as I appeared in the SE corner when I wanted SW.

Enjoying being 100 though, seeing loads of new (to me) content.

Edit:

WetSpink posted:

What is Guild Lobby like for getting good MGBs on test?

Very hit and miss, at Euro times anyway. I stayed in there a few hours the other day and nothing happened at all. People seem to be burned out atm as well from last weekends poopsock xp. Someone on test advertised the 4 hour shared xp pot earlier and had 3 empty spots after advertising in general several times which is unheard of.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
The glowing othni (I think that's what it's called) that turned up in the latest revamps seems to be replacing the mid 80s visible gear for the fast levellers. You turn it in at the usual place and will last you to 92 if you aren't stopping to smell the roses as you go.

Dream motes are on test in their zillions for the non-vis spots as well for 80-92 so it's probably never been easier to have gear to chug along with.

If anyone ever needs Dream Motes shout at me on Fazango and I'll send you enough for a full set, I've got 1000 or so between my chars and can copy more over if I start to run low.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Vulpes posted:

I'm definitely interested in a set, I'll keep an eye out for you.

Post/PM your ingame name and I'll parcel some to you next time I login.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Vulpes posted:

Thanks! In-game name is Skandal.

Done!

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

darkhand posted:

I think I read they did naked transfers off test a couple years ago. Doesn't seem too far-fetched to do it to FV too. On the other hand, test is free so maybe they wanted that sweet sweet subscription money. :iiam:

It was when they completely shook up how Test worked and was still in the subscription era. /testcopy didn't let you send money and everything was tagged no-trade etc so almost no-one used it. Test ended up being mostly (not all, but mostly) a small inbred community that at times was very hostile to newcomers.

When SOE said they wanted to change it to how it works now as you can imagine the then test crowd stamped their feet and waa-waaaah'd about how they had earned their poo poo the hard way etc so that was SOE's response. A one-off transfer to any live server other than Prog (if it was around then) FV or the Zeks.

It's night and day between how it used to be and how it is now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Indeed! For quite a few expansions 12 seemed to be as high as they would go for the most part but I've had a few 21aa tiers in the Necromancer list already.

Then again a Test lesson at any kind of me trying at least a little pace nets 80-100aa at max level. If I stopped being a lazy bastard and kited I could no doubt get another 15-20 more but I can live with the root/rot inefficiency and not feel like the guy keeping spinning plates on their poles.

The connection issues seem to have cleared up and thank god they have finally fixed the login lag bug, turned out that stupid screen that opens up on login to tell you the latest stationcash nonsense was causing it even if you had closed the window. It had got to the point where I logged in and buggered off to make a drink and left it for 2-3 mins after appearing ingame before trying anything.