Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

soru posted:

The last time I played EQ seriously was around Velious-era and I'm thinking about picking it up again. Looking at my level 59 monk, I see that I have Whistling Fists, Celestial Fists, wrists that summon a bag of shurikens, and j-boots. Virtually everything else appears to be garbage.

So should I restart a new monk on Luclin, or do those epic/old weapons make this guy someone I should stick with? I don't have a sense for how hard any of these things are to get anymore.

If being able to group with the majority of people here matters at all, I'd recommend Luclin. You could server transfer for $25, but if that's too pricy, nothing you have will be particularly hard to replace. You can't underestimate how much it helps having a community of people willing to help out when you get to more challenging content at the higher levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Ylide posted:

I was debating a BL to box with my mage, but people in my guild on Vox keep trying to dissuade me. But I really like the synergy with two strong pets combined with the utility of the BL ... Slows especially. I have a shaman I could use for slows but I dont enjoy playing him much and would prefer something else. Are beastlords bad? They seem fun. :(

Beastlords are just one of the classes that aren't sexy or anything right now (See: Shadowknight, Ranger). Of course if you know what you're doing on one, they're still pretty drat strong overall. More importantly if the class is fun to you, what others think is moot, playing a class you don't enjoy isn't worth it.

Edit: the only reason I would see to pick something else, would be that another caster would allow you to do all dps at range and let the mage pet have more of a tanking role. Tank mercs are the easy work around for this though.

The337th fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 2, 2012

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

MrTheDevious posted:

Heroic Stats - These are the "newest" stats and are the green numbers to the right of regular numbers by regular stats. They're basically all great, have no cap, and contribute effectiveness in batches. +5 heroic Agility doesn't matter much, whereas +25 does. You want these, but again they mostly come naturally.

For anyone who wonders about a good use for tribute, this is it. Say your Heroic Agility is at +146 and you'd want to hit +150 for the next tier of bonus? Use the Heroic Agility tribute to add in those few points whenever you're out fighting something where you could use the boost.

The heroics tribute is pretty pricy, but if you're just pushing a couple of important heroics up a tier it's worth the cost.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Wask posted:

I’ve been trying to get my hands on a set of HoT Abstruse visible armor and/or Terror Infused chain but bazaar prices for finished pieces are crazy town.

What’s the best way to approach this? Spam the crap out of general? Do any Luclin goons have some extra remnants I could buy a combine from this weekend?

I'm out of town and offline for the weekend, but I have a spare head and wrist remnant on Usli, all yours if you still need them next week. Just supply me the tradeskilled piece and the 2100 plat for the vendor items per piece.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

RCarr posted:

Where would I find one of these? Wal-mart or the likes?

Walmart is the preferable place to buy one, you'll net a free 500 SC after the 1500 that goes to your sub.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

That whole "Unlucky 13th" theme for this year's anniversary is highly appropriate for the game stability nowadays.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Rangers are very good dps, especially for a class with so much utility. Being a hybrid class, the AA/gear investment to put out dps at high levels is pretty big though.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Promotions are in, go nuts on that bank.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I wasn't in game long but I think I managed to promote anyone at the lowest rank who had been in game at all the last few weeks. If I missed anyone I'll actually be playing tomorrow and will check again.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

darkhand posted:

:bang: Aww Christ; the last step of my epic requires 13 people to even get to work. Oh well, gonna take me weeks to even farm this dumb poo poo from the god awful OoW zones.

I could be wrong, but I thought that rogue epic instance was one of those that got patched a month or two ago to lower the player count requirement.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

veril posted:

Just made a new character on Luclin, on an account I've had for a while.

It looks like I have 2520 Loyalty Tokens -- what would be the best thing to spend them on?

Skip the gear, all the T1 HoT stuff is better at 80, and pretty easily gotten. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=91932 for example, slightly better pet focus and its probably going for next to nothing in the baz as common as it is.

Look into the Primary / Secondary Anchors that were mentioned, they're amazing for a melee class to be able to gate and land right next to the guild hall portal. Not really as incredible for a caster, but if you have two of them placed, that gives you the option of moving your bind around to other convenient areas and still having a way to gate.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Hoohah posted:

If Puga is on tonight, and willing, I would like to hit up Anguish again for my last two orbs and some for Dijital / Luigi.

Don't look for me tonight, tomorrow night is a possibility if I don't have another long day at work.

On the subject of those gate pots, if you happen to "slip" (illusion bug) through the locked doors during phase 1 you get booted to the zone's graveyard area, the larger tombstone there is a zoneout.

E; On skills, mercs are great for offensive skillups, pets are great for both.

The337th fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 2, 2012

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I'm pretty much in a mix of too much work and waiting on the AA patch myself.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Ylide posted:

Lol. Great decision making there Sony. This is how i paid for my accounts since i don't trust them with my credit card. Not sure what i will do in a month when I lapse back to silver.

Your best bet would be the SC cards I guess, you can still directly get a months sub from them when redeeming.

That really is a bad, bad change to make with zero warning though, the frustration of people who had SC put back for that purpose is really understandable.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Here is the autofire program that is perfect for spell/skill training: http://www.axiomfiles.com/Files/206882/autofire.htm

It just emulates your keyboard spamming the chosen button in Windows. There is virtually no risk, unless you use it in a place where someone would notice you may not be at the keyboard, and they cared enough to try and report you for it. (Go to the guildhall.)

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Zombones posted:

So as a free user I can only have UP TO 250 AA?

Yes, it will permanently raise to a 1000 AA cap if you spend $5.00 on anything in the game.

All the Free to Play details are outlined here: http://www.everquest.com/free/.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

lotor9530 posted:

This is not true. Unless they've changed it, silver is an upgrade by itself. That is, you have to pay $5 for the privilege of being silver, not just spend $5 on anything.

I could be entirely wrong there, I've never confirmed it myself. That was just some hearsay I found on the EQ forums back when f2p launched. I want to say it came from a Dev or the CR rep, but that wouldn't be the first time something inaccurate came from there.

No objections here on the friend invite, by the way.

The337th fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 23, 2012

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Tsu posted:

I purchased a Sony desktop PC over a decade ago and was given a free recurring Everquest subscription. I logged in just now and checked and it said 'Everquest account: Active." Does anyone know if that will carry over the the F2P model giving me a gold membership?

I've never even heard of a deal like that before, but if it still applies that's awesome.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

It's gonna be sweet to start rolling in the AA for Puga. Once I finish moving, maybe I can actually log in more than once per week.

If I have time I'd like to start hitting up HoT progression stuff for anyone 80+ that would be interested. I've basically realized that I get bored with solely grinding for the shaman's AA so I need something new to pursue when I'm not hunting with my usual fellowship group.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Well, about two weeks after moving I finally have the internet connection that was originally supposed to be hooked up the weekend of my move. I should be back in game some more in the next few days, particularly the weekends.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I want those pants so, so much

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Keith Stone posted:

I wouldn't count on it. There is rarely anyone on anymore.

I agree, it's gotten pretty slow for Ominous Latin Words currently. Personally, my free time to play has been pretty limited the last couple months, and even when I am on I tend to be on my main and missing anything going on in Ominous since I barely tab to Puga during combat.

For what it's worth I've tried to promote anyone who's been online to a point where they can do invites and such. When I get a chance I'm going to promote the regular crowd as high as I can so they can modify ranks and anything else they need/want to in the guild.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

jetz0r posted:

/autojoin serverwide.gchat:fygm

I moved off EM to Xegony to join RoI and had to do a slight name change. I can still hang around in gchat if anyone besides Puga and Arwyn will actually show up to chat.

Haha, not that I chat much on Puga. I suppose now that I know the password again I could go back to autojoining on whatever toon Puga is getting boxed with.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Only five members of the Luclin guild have logged on in the last month, if that answers the question.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

As far as I know the "Kronos" items are still set to be a thing in the future. They are planned to be an out of game purchased item that grants a month subscription when used in-game, and are tradeable.

Who knows what the bazaar cost may be like on those, but for someone with plat to burn it might make a viable method of subscription supplementing.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Creative Bicycle posted:

For anyone on Luclin who's available and wants their 2.0 orb: we're organizing a little raid time for CoA next sunday (the 13th) starting at around 5pm PST-ish. We should have at least 6 80+ characters there helping out, and zoning in requires at least level 68.

If I'm not wrapped up in RoF stuff with my fellowship I may join in for this. Bringing my ranger (Usli) would probably make it a little too trivial so if I come I'll just drag out my near-80 monk and bring along the shaman for ridiculous buffs/healing.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

MrTheDevious posted:

Anybody who doesn't have this done should go do it. Be warned it's a huge pain in the rear end though and make sure you have a puller. It might be my single most hated questline in the entire game

Making this even worse now, is that people tend to use Korascian Warrens for headshotting and other mass killing thanks to hotzone experience. You're lucky to find the ogres near the Rathe Council uncamped at any time of day.

The337th fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 13, 2013

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

How many on Luclin still need their anguish orbs? I wasn't able to make it for that anguish run, but if several people still need them I can make a point of doing a clear this coming weekend or the next. If everyone wants a quick/painless run, a 100 Ranger/Shammy combo is all it will take.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

JustJeff88 posted:

Keep in mind, though, that you must have 6 PCs bare minimum in the "Expedition" in order to even enter Anguish, though I do not doubt for a moment that a 100 Ranger & Shaman could sweep through it like a Wind of Doom.

This isn't much of an issue, I have access to extra characters as well, but it's also easy to use offline characters from the same accounts to fill up a group.

If enough people actually need, I'd just as well wait til this weekend, a lockout free instance will give all 4 orbs to spread around.

As far as the Clankwrench level questions, isn't it a raid task rather than raid expedition? I think that will mean it has the 15 level spread requirement.

The337th fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 15, 2013

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Vomik posted:

How difficult is it to get the solteris raid expedition complete? It looks like the tainted energaic breastplate has an awesome click (a 400 lifetap damage shield for 2 minutes?) And I think that's what allows you to unlock the pure energain orbs right?

Beating all of Solteris flags you for pure orbs, but also has the added benefit of flagging you to buy them off merchants in Katta Castrum using Phosphites. Phosphites drop in Solteris raids off of regular mobs and from the events I believe, you can also buy them at the loyalty vendor.

Just a week or so ago my guild did a little 12-18 person mini raid through Solteris, for that force of mostly 95-100 characters it was easy overall, excluding a couple of event scripts.

The 3rd event can be a real headache as it will instantly fail if you don't balance the hitpoints of multiple named that get progressively more numerous and weaker as you whittle them down. We repeated this 4 times to get a win, mostly because we'd have been better off with less people "helping" and breaking the balances.

The 1st event has a hard timer to kill 9 named and do some turnins or it will auto-fail. I'm not sure how much dps you would need since 4 or so of the named were humanoid and prone to headshot/assassinate which sped things along.

The other 5 events have some interesting scripts as well, but if you have the brute force you don't exactly have to sweat over them. Max level Headshot/Assassinate also trivialize several other parts of the raid. The trash mobs in the zone also can be painful for people not highly overleveled/overgeared for the content.

All in all I would only value Solteris if you want access to the merchant bought powersources rather than acquiring them in the bazaar or tradeskilling them yourselves. I'm assuming with the mechanics of Test the merchant purchase is hardly useful or necessary.

The337th fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 16, 2013

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

funzo2226 posted:

Here's an odd request. Anyone have a Mysterious Belt of Daggers on test that they could give me or on live that they could copy over to test for me?

Character name on test? Just copied one over and I can log in this weekend and parcel it your way.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I think the vast majority are gone to test now, at least judging by serverwide.gchat lately.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Shrapnac posted:

Runes are also huge aggro for whatever reason, my 1-hander has the Blessed Rune IV proc and a Jade of the Ether aug that procs Rune III.

The nice part of rune procs is that it will cause additional aggro with any mobs around you if you're fighting more than one target. It's nothing terribly amazing for an SK that can AE aggro well, but it's always been pretty valuable to paladins.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Dubious posted:

I'm a bit surprised that EQ hasn't reduced the number of bodies needed for raiding yet, seems most MMOs are 25 player or less these days.

This was a developer idea a couple of years ago, the majority of the EQ forums posters outright hated it. It basically died there.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I had ignored stat food from the last few expansions, deeming it not worth the effort. Those Donuts changed my mind real fast.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

jetz0r posted:

This guy is posting previews of the Epic Ornament quests for each class, some of them look pretty cool: http://www.youtube.com/user/WarSheol?feature=watch

I hope this means they are finally nearing release.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Incoming changes (upgrades) to F2P:

We are opening up ALL CLASSES.
We are opening up ALL RACES.
All bag slots are unlocked.
All players can now use the shared bank slots.
The quest journal restrictions are lifted entirely. Quest away!
Additionally, EverQuest is allowing all players to send delivery parcels!

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

40k platinum is probably the most you could get for a gold ticket on Luclin without holding it for a long time waiting for it to sell.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

MrTheDevious posted:

HAHAHAHAHA gently caress YOU MAGES. FINALLY. Get some, you dirty pieces of poo poo. Come back to my world where tanking stuff is a challenge.

You guys on Live get ready, Test jut got hit with a MASSIVE pet nerf :woop:

Each nerf just means every other class is one step closer to getting whatever cool gimmick they have nerfed. Can't wait to see what the new target is for the majority of petty whining on the EQ boards.

The337th fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Apr 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

No More Heroes posted:

Or if you are a sword and board class- the Bash mod augs from Zeb in the Void come in different strengths and stack

He has several selections of those skill mod augs depending on class. Basically any melee or hybrid has an aug type for a combat skill they use.