Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
Am I correct in assuming that even if you buy the character server transfer tokens from the eq store you still loose all your gear sans epics when transferring? Or do you transfer naked only if you got a freebie off test/FV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
Bought some station cash when the double points thing was going on, gonna transfer over my 75 monk and 75 shaman within a few days (I'm sure you need more).

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
Is the station store screwed up for anyone else? As in- Instead of showing my points balance it just shows '...'. I've logged in and out a number of times and in game or the character selection screen, this hasn't changed. However, if I go to the station website in my browser and log into my account it shows the balance just fine. I'd like to buy my two server transfer tokens while they're nearly half off, but it doesn't want to let me at the moment.

EDIT: I guess it was a temporary thing, didn't know the store was so finnicky.

Creative Bicycle fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 20, 2012

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

lemonslol posted:

Im getting with the 6th aniversary potion + lesson, about 14.5 AA an hour. Or 7.5 AA in 30 minutes.

At level 75/76 with the monk pet weapon, mostly lobby buffed I'm getting 12-14aa per lesson/potion in paw. The mobs are so damned easy it hurts.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
I'm 76 on my monk and sham, was going to get another ~100 or so aa before heading to 80 (at about 400 on both right now), but if we're doing something cool this weekend that requires 80+ I can probably swing that.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
General question about powerlevelling:

I know that the character you're going to be powerlevelling has to be at least 60 to gain experience from group kills made by higher level chars, but is there a sweet spot of certain leveled mobs for this? In other words if I kill stuff that's green or grey to the higher leveled characters but dark blue/white to the person being PL'd does that net more experience for them because of the fast kill rate? Or is it better to kill things that definitely give the power leveling characters experience and let the lower person leech that way?

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
<Motivating Latin Words>

<Thesaurus Wizards>

<Ascending Censorship>

<Dazzling Goatse>

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

MrTheDevious posted:

Meat already covered most of that, but yeah it's basically all worthless except for MPG and DoN.

Can MPG trials be done at 80 with a 2 or 3 box? Also, are mercs allowed in the trials or no?

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

MrTheDevious posted:

Yeah 75 min for the quest, though getting the hails done at 75 is an exercise in patience and repeat deaths unless you can FD/blur.

Hence why I refuse to wait on that drat hails portion. It sucks. I can get all the rest done no problem, but there's no speeding up the hail portion.

You're 91+ now, though, right? So in order to do the final task people are going to have to be within 15 levels of you, right? If not im gonna get the first two parts done on my enc asap.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
The latest thing that's happening to me that has me baffled (though not really upset since it almost feels like cheating) is that when i leave me 3 boxes overnight to merc-afk-kill stuff for me in, say, paw, upon waking up in the morning all 3 characters are dead and returned to their spawn points.

This in itself isn't hugely surprising to me, although since two of the mercs are level 80 J5 it seems unlikely, but the really strange part is that I'm leaving no corpse in the zone on any of my characters. The corpse summoners eat the summon item with no corpse popping up, and when I run back to the zone there are no corpses where I was camped.

It was even stranger this morning, as two of my boxes were dead without corpses, as I suspected, while one character had simply gated with his merc still alive. Is there some great mystery that I've not heard about here regarding overnight merc afk'ing? When I've done merc afk'ing during the day and just checked in every few hours I've never seen anything like this happen.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
When I was doing afk leveling in paw it would happen only occasionally, but I decided to try out an old spot in wall of slaughter again because of the fast respawn. Every time I've left my characters overnight in the WoS spot one or two have been gated and one or two dead. And there is a very very minimal chance that anyone trained me because it's in a spot literally no one would ever have a reason to go (and ive never ever seen anyone else afk leveling there). I get they dying, I guess, but the gating characters really has me baffled.

Also, no, I'm not Laids, I'm Krintix/Meepit/Xrec.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

Damo posted:

Since there seems to be a great presence, I'm thinking of starting up on the goon server as one of the cool dude caster classes I used to see dominating while I was suffering my troll sk. Thinking about either a Necro or a magician because I want a caster with a pet.

Not that it really matters one bit in the grand scheme of things, but we have quite a few mages in the guild right now, but not many necros (mostly mentioning this in case you want to feel like a more special snowflake). Also, comedy answer for caster pet class (and to be the specialest snowflake!): enchanter!

EDIT: Also, 2 boxing is very, very easy if you want it to be. Just do something simple like a rogue, war, or monk and your caster. Every pull put the melee on autoattack and press butan on caster until thing is dead. Having a tank and healer merc while 2 boxing literally lets you do almost anything by yourself if you want to.

Creative Bicycle fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 9, 2012

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

Ylide posted:

Someone convice me to start over on Luclin and join the goons.

Start over on Luclin and join the Goons.

I know quite a few of us won't be around as much for a while after D3 hits, but then again there are several people in guild that have said they aren't having anything to do with D3. So the choice is, really, if you're planning on playing D3 then come join us after that has worn thin, or join us now if you don't plan on playing D3 cause there will actually be people around to play with and talk to.

Also please come over just to raid our overstuffed guild bank. There are literally way way too many pieces of defiant of all kinds. Take everything you can use! Also come over to take advantage of random PL sessions and other goon benefits.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

Ante Christ posted:

What about doing the 1.5? How doable are they for a 75 Shaman with 300 ish aa and a J1 merc?

You could do everything but about 3 of the fights, as I recall. I 3 boxed it at about 75 with J1 mercs and that was overkill for all but one of the fights (netherbain swarmlord).

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

Tolain posted:

Bonus is changing from 500-0% 0aa-2500aa to 1000-0% 0aa-4000aa

I wonder if they are going to up the amount of aa you can have banked at lower levels, cause tasks like "Filling the repository" already give 18+ aa of exp each go.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

JustJeff88 posted:

Thank you for the advice. Now that EQAtlas is dead/tremendously dated, what's a good place to go for maps? I don't know where anything is these days... I can't even remember where to find some things that were in game back then, and I have no idea what Blackfeather roost is and not sure where best to look.

http://www.mapfiend.net/

It's literally the first result on google for 'eq maps'. Just sayin'.

Also when your map is open there's a button in the top right that says 'zone guide' that can pretty much get you anywhere you want to go by setting your 'end zone' to where you're headed. It's a little clunky but pretty handy when you're going somewhere new.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

Ylide posted:

Is there somewhere old world where things are around level 65ish and arent ramped up quite as high as TSS mobs? My usual technique is round up 5-6 things, get the tank on them, and use a comination of damage shields and rain spells to burn them down. Plane of Fire maybe?

Paw. Paw paw paw . . . paw. I wish I didn't pimp that place as much as I do, but paw is literally ideal for DS and rain spells because nothing there runs. You probably can't swarm it much at 71 but the xp there is great for the amount of effort you have to put in. Really easy learning curve there. Ask me in game on Xrec, Meepit or Krintix if you want to know anything specific.

Also Paw is far less overcamped compared to PoF.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

Goldmund posted:

Anyone know of good group spots/instances for grinding exp at 85? I'm rolling now with an 86 monk with 2k AA, 86 druid with 1.5k AA, 86 shaman with 200ish AA and a 73 bard with 0 AA. I want to get the shaman and bard up to the 1000-1500 range before I switch back to normal exp. So far I've been pulling trains of 20-30 mobs in Loping Plains, but if anyone has a better spot they're willing to share I'm all ears.

Get your bard to 75 and do the task "Filling the Repository" in Pellucid Grotto. If you keep him at 75 for a while he'll get around 25-27aa per task turn in (every 6 hours) + the exp from killing the mobs needed to do the task. You need to be 75 to get the rewards from the task though. At 86 you get around 15-17aa per turn in, or almost one full yellow of normal exp.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

MrTheDevious posted:

Finally finished moving and I'm currently on Droid tether internet, but UVerse coming in the next week, so Kodaji and Co. will be back soon! AA XP boost patch sounds awesome for my bard and shaman, plus I'm all past burning out on that god forsaken MG sploit xp grind, so time to farm some more SS then head into VoA.

Who's still playing?

Nice, wasn't sure if you were coming back or when! Karael has his 6 characters up to 80 or 81, Loon has been levelling like a madman and is around 92-94 on his 3, Puga is also around and we have a bunch of people in the high 60's/low 70's. I've got 2 at 85 and one at 83, and there still seems to be a pretty substantial presence on in the evenings/weekends despite Diablo 3 (which I'm also occasionally playing).

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
I've been working 132 hours this week so thats why I havent been on, but in addition to that, yes, I am mostly waiting on the AA patch. It's funny; at this point I'm looking forward to getting more gear and more AA strength so that I can go wreck more old expansion stuff and just explore and help out guildies. EQ is weird like that.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
I'm personally having a good time gearing 3 sub level 10 alts with Temple of Veeshan loot. It's very amusing to have a 13/17 sword with a works-from-level-one 100+dd proc. And 30+ ac in most slots. then again maybe I'm just easily amused.

Definitely not bothering with aa's for now though.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
They really should have upped the cap for the maximum amount of aa you can bank with the patch. The 'filling the repository' task in pellucid grotto now grants MORE than 30 aa per turn in for anyone under 2500aa.

Not that I'm really complaining; since the patch, running a lesson and doing the aforementioned task I got about 45-50aa in one hour of normal group play.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
Way late on this, thought someone else was going to be posting a pic, but anyway ...

Here's all us homos in Anguish after killing Warden Hanvar (extremely lon-FUN, I meant FUN) to get Kaverin his epic 2.0 orb (did the final fight for him directly afterwards). But really, everyone did really well and all the 3 named we tried we killed on the first attempt. Was quite a bit of fun, for some reason I was leading the show, trying to remember what Kodaji said many moons ago when I ran it with him about how the fights go.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
I'm also still playing fairly regularly because I'm doing crazy, odd poo poo with alts right now in hopes of god knows what. Looking to gather some dudes to do the time cycle sometime soon though, because hey why not. I don't even fully understand why I find this game enjoyable, but I do and I plan to keep playing (afk or otherwise) for at least a while.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
To whoever plays Pyotr: this is a longshot but you're not online right now and Dagarn is actually up with no one in the zone. Probably not going to read this but in the off chance that you do I can get you to him pretty quickly if the bow drops when you log on.

Or for that matter, anyone with a ranger or who wants to make and play one ...

Creative Bicycle fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jul 22, 2012

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
I'll definitely start back up in spring with a 2 or 3 box; had way too much fun with goons last year, especially with the fabled stuff while levelling my mains. I probably need to get a jump start though since I'm only 86 or 87 though.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

JustJeff88 posted:

I hear that the shaman 1.0 is a pain in the arse anyway because of the Iksar Broodling and the fact that idiots constantly farm Fear golems for sodding Amulets of Necropotence.

It's not really that bad; it only took me about 9 years to get my iksar broodling tear.

Also you boasted about all the cool poo poo you got recently for your wiz without mentioning your new vulak loot. Use me and abuse me, I get it :getin:

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

DrMaddux posted:

Vox seems fairly empty at all levels. Has a bad market and we rarely see anyone else to interact with. Player interaction/reputation were one of the best things about EQ when I started 11 years ago. Really I wish Zek had a better pop, with pvp at all levels. But Ill settle with FV and a decent market.

There have been a fair number of goons on the guild online recently in the Luclin server guild. Hell, I'll even twink your rear end out with ToV and VP loot if you're in your 60s cause I'm really weird and that's how i get my jollies. Also you should come be part of the One True EQ1 Goon Guild (F everyone that left for test!).

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

RCarr posted:

Is there any sort of written guide to setting up ISboxer? I'd love to try it out for my 3box (thinking about adding a 4th) but I feel like I would be completely lost. I have enough trouble setting up basic macros in EQ.

I know back in the old thread MrTheDevious wrote up a really nice guide that got me started on it. I was a holdout for a long time too, and although you can really do without it on a 2 box, it makes an insane difference on a 3+ box setup. People like saying it's really easy to set up and get started but that's really a little skewed because it only really feels that way once you've gotten accostomed to it. However, after the initial learning curve of a day or so fiddling with it you'll wonder how you made due before. In addition I've not had any problems with the follow characteristics (in fact its better than standard multiboxing) unless I've got general latency issues. Give it a try and stay persistent with getting the setup you'd like to use.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
For anyone on Luclin who's available and wants their 2.0 orb: we're organizing a little raid time for CoA next sunday (the 13th) starting at around 5pm PST-ish. We should have at least 6 80+ characters there helping out, and zoning in requires at least level 68.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

Vomik posted:

Also it doesn't make much sense because I've seen AA lines that go 3/6/9/3/3/3.

AFAIK this is just a holdover from expansions being released; ie. where the previous expansion might have had 3 levels to an aa where the highest level they wanted people to 'pay more' for so it felt 'more exclusive' or important, then the next expansion came out and it was necessary or not as powerful as it leveled past the previous point so it became cheaper again. It's obviously something that should be adjusted but I doubt the few people looking at things like that in game can be arsed to bother.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
To everyone/anyone coming to do the anguish orb run tonight: if it hinges on my being there we may have to reschedule or at least cut things short (like do just warden hanvar/ture or something). It appears that my girlfriend planned a last minute semi-surprise dinner since she returns to school tomorrow from a break, so my priorities for the evening have, uh, forcibly shifted.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

JustJeff88 posted:

We did. I was just looking at the map of Anguish (see below) and we passed right by Jelvan (#8). I kind of wish that we had taken the time and done him so we could have gotten another Orb.

I passed by him for a good reason. I need MrTheDevious to explain to me how the gently caress his event works again cause ive only seen it once and it seemed like a nightmare.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
We did Keld without too much issue, though I let Pyotr (our 87 ranger tank) die when keld was at like 5% because I was casting a radiant cure when I probably should have fired off another heal. Also I was the only healer on my 87 sham for 2 groups while 3 boxing. Warden and Ture were fairly cake though. Next time I'll give Jelvan a try as well.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

JustJeff88 posted:

How the gently caress did people do this raid when Omens of War was the most recent expansion, 70 was the level cap, AA was much less, and they didn't have gear starting at 80 that was exponentially more powerful than the best level 70 gear in existence? Seriously, it seems like a small group of 80+ people should be able to tear through this zone like a wind of fury without even breaking a bloody sweat.

Gotta remember that Anguish was back in the day when devs were still designing encounters around cheal rotations, which pretty much sums up eq raiding as a whole until tank's hp pools climbed above 20-30k. Also, full raids are, what, like 54 people or some crazy poo poo? EQ endgame raiding is basically developers throwing the kitchen sink at you as well as making sure its essentially impossible to do bleeding edge endgame raiding without having dozens of people each with 4k+ aas.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

JustJeff88 posted:

I just want to find a cozy place to build my little froggy up, and my other 3 toons are semi-retired right now, so I really want to make it a solo endeavour. I had my SK group with him in C2 earlier tonight and mini-swarm, and even with the 2-PC bonus, I didn't really make much better experience than with my root-and-bombard tactics since I had to split the exp with my SK (who doesn't need it).

Just out of curiosity why wouldn't you at least throw your bard on autofollow with your wiz and run around like that? Or your sk...

Anyway, I should be on tomorrow evening, Thursday, and this weekend a bit if you'd like to come to some HoT progression. I know i mentioned it before and it kinda fell by the wayside, but message me on Bizrip or any of your guys if you see me on and want to come (and im not at work, heh). That goes for anyone else in the 80-90 range as well, I'm 3 boxing a shaman, monk, and enchanter each with j5 mercs, and can replace a real person in one of those merc slots anytime someone wants to come along.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
Just wanted to chime in and ask/brag about this fucker http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=16603

Every other raid mob in the zone is quite easy by comparison, including the queen, but this assmaster is a real bitch for my 3 man crew of levels 86-87 with j5 mercs. After about 5 wipes I finally figured out that the trick to him, as if you let the AEs spawn they are pretty much unresistable and pulse damage out for a long, long time.

Anyone else ever tried him? I always see him up even if no other named are in the zone, now i know why.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
Hey Jeff, Clerics get a whole line of PBae's from what I recall (I have a 68 cleric myself). Would probably be the easiest bet out of that list. Mages get rain spells (which are 100% awful and number of target limited I think) as ae's, I thought.

Creative Bicycle fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jan 22, 2013

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

Vomik posted:

I've found almost every class in EQ is worth playing and enjoying nowadays. Maybe the weakest are ENC and WAR from a pure group perspective

Don't yet know how good or bad warriors are at the 80+ game (levelling one now, only 71 with like 700aa), but I have an 88 enchanter and I can say that they might be the most misunderstood class in EQ overall. Enchanters don't heal or dps (I mean, they technically have dots and nukes, but they're pretty awful). but they do everything else, including the number one thing people just don't know about : having a fuckton of auras and being able to have 2 of them up at once. Enchanters have auras for: mana reiterate, pulsing rune effects, + exp gain, increasing mana pools, mana regen (stacks with everything), lowering resistances on mobs, reduced reaction radius, and increasing charm effects (these are just what I can recall off the top of my head).

Enchanter haste is somewhat underrated; I'm not sure how many people are aweare that on top of attack speed increases, the level 86 enc haste (for example) buffs: atk, str, dex, increases crit chance by 30%, increase crit damage by 7%, and increase triple attack chance by 14%. And, of course, any time poo poo has ever hit the fan in HoT I just cast the ae mez and then sort out the adds one by one. Enchanters own, they just aren't instant gratification dps/heal bitches that most other classes are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

Hollow Hills posted:

Is there anybody that actually plays a lot in the top end level wise that wants a steady partner of most any class? I'm open to any class besides a tank, but I don't have any interest in boxing, and I last played 3-4 years ago but unless you're boxing or have a good friend to play with it's pointless to me.

I don't care what server or if it's test or whatever, I can level up whatever helps the most so we can actually do the max level tasks/missions and stuff, probably raid eventually but it'd be awhile down the road.

Most of the guild on test is in their mid to high 80's, and we have a few people in their mid 90's or so. I haven't seen any level 100s on test yet but it stands to reason that at least a decent portion of us will get there eventually. As for raiding... I don't know if we'll get enough people to max level to ever really make that feasible, but aside from that, the goon guild seems to be a bit too casual/ADD (in an adorable way) to really organize into a relevant content raiding force. Tasks and missions? Sure.