Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
What does that mean to us that don’t play on test or understand what a gaping hole is in this context. But grats? I think..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

MrTheDevious posted:

Oh there's a permanent serverwide change when that raid is beaten for the first time on a server. A whole hugeass wall disappears and gives everyone access to a progression zone. It's now disappeared on Test and we're waiting for the "legit" raid guild who was planning to try it next weekend to notice

Dropped our second NoS raid last night (The Owl one), but it has no fun serverwide gimmick

lol nice, congrats. That is actually pretty dang cool.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

It 100% ruined my taste for the game and if I continue playing, I’m no longer trying to play legitimate ever again.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Waroduce posted:

so how did all the dupe/plat shenanigans shake out?

Congrats if you participated in the dupe.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

OGS-Remix posted:

One of my friends has starting playing on the PoP locked P99 server, project Quarm. Does anyone have any experience with it or tried the server out?

No boxing and RMT at all sounds like a lot of fun, but it's like old EQ exp/leveling that's a grind I can do without these days.

It’s very much the worst exp grind you forgot about, with custom aggro mechanics that make newbie levels feel really weird and powerful, and also the server is full of boxers already because that’s how it goes. I got a Druid to 14 in like 4 days /played. Its disgusting.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

OGS-Remix posted:

That's disappointing to hear. I'm surprised to hear there's boxers already, my friend insisted P99 was very strict on enforcing one toon, one person.

This works to a point, and p99 is not that point sadly.

There will always be gm checks when things look obviously fishy, but I know multiple people who used vpns while I was on p99 and it was just understood it was happening.

With quarm, the friends I know boxing it have just been using a vpn since day 1. These are people who run 6+ on retail servers so hiding a single box is pretty effortless.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

I’m still bitter about the plat dupe exploit on oakwynd to pay them more money or krono.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

There won’t be a ‘goon guild’ but several guilds will have goons in them, just find a name you like in your chosen timezone. There is a discord we hang out in though, shouldn’t be too many pages back in the thread.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Really confused why they are doing two servers again. We all know the random loot is the only one of them to survive and it will likely pull from the other recent servers they would like to sunset.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

I’ll just be plying on Quarm.. they are actually going to be doing a kunark launch on June but limiting Kunark to only iksars until July.

I mean Quarm is its whole other mess of brain spiders, of course, but I think there’s a lot of good stuff for the server and iksar only kunark for a month is a cool twist.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

MF_James posted:

Anyone that can post a new invite link for the SA EQ discord? I know it's deadish but revives around TLP launched, with teek/ whatever launching soon I assume some folks are hanging around again.

https://discord.gg/w9C3dAh8 here's the old one, but there is a new one someone posted for fools wanting to play on the 25th I did not join (link expired in the other)

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Maybe related fun fact, if you were crazy enough to get the ldon reward from Vaniki, you can summon the npc and say ‘natimbi’ to them. If Natimbi is not unlocked, it would instantly punt you to succor point like an in zone gate. On oakwynd we were doing this to move raid all over the place in velious. So long as the person who used their item stays, the entire raid could Natimbi across certain zones to the next aoc.

Hilarious to imagine our entire guild eating a suspension by doing this lol

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 07:14 on May 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

bold to assume daybreak is competent enough to notice and actively ban people, i would agree

on the otherhand, it is daybreak, and their annual 'be active and and make money' time of the year is usually around TLP launch season

e: daybreak, darkpaw, whoever the half-dozen people assigned to this game are these days