Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I really want to go to bed but I also really want to stay awake so I can see if the Fabled Vaniki spawns on the server start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

GodIsInTheTrees posted:

Is that Willsapper better than the regular one? I actually picked one up that was rotting the other night, though I have a bard and shaman and don't really have a use for it

The proc isn't any better. I just want a willsapper of some form. Vlekdsisiruairueoiwoarko, that spear from Siren's Grotto, isn't nearly as good. Even though I have access to a slower whenever I want, I've been wanting that goddamn weapon ever since I saw it first uploaded to Allakhazam's.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I'm starting a shaman box in a few days. Is there any fabled loot I should grab with him? It doesn't look like there is anything with a really special clickie for shaman.

Also, is it true they are activating every single anniversary event/task this year? I need to keep track of that poo poo, those have some decent AC augs.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Could a 92 paladin and 95 shaman beat The CPU fight in the mech guardian anniversary group task? It seems pretty tough with the four adds that spawn every 20% and hit for 7k.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

GodIsInTheTrees posted:

You can also glitch the CPU fight. Tank merc + cleric merc, have tank hit CPU, neither of you PCs do anything. Seriously, sit there and watch the mercs solo it. The adds don't aggro mercs, so they can kill CPU alone. It's hilariously broken

Thanks, that trivialized that event. Now to farm me some more augs.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

MrTheDevious posted:

On the other hand, having a really in-depth quest that results in something as badass as epic graphics sounds incredibly fun to me. I hope they're long as gently caress and take all summer. Having something to do when I'm tired of grinding kicks rear end

No joke. One of my many favorite things about Everquests was its.. quests. They were long, sometimes ambiguous, and felt really well integrated into the world. All the old style quests didn't have this new bullshit of "Kill four orcs" or "Hail this person five times to update the quest journal."

I could just imagine how utterly long the quest journal entry would be if they converted epic 1.0 over to it. How many steps would some of them have? Over 100?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

DemonMage posted:

At launch.

In beta. And alpha.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
It's coming down to the wire for the Mech Guardian anniversary event. I got the aug already, and I have completed every single step for that backpack mount except for a steam capacitor. I've been there for many days now, and nothing has been dropping it. I'm going to be pissed to have that stuck in my quest log forever.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Hooray, finally got 95. I hate grinding regular exp so much. Now I can attend an open raid on T1 and T2 Alaris raids tomorrow. I'm pissed there aren't any knight weapons until T3 though.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I've hit a wall for exp gain now that I've hit 95 as a paladin. I can swarm all the ghosts in Hills of Shade, but some of them are green and that really hurts the exp. Undead in Feerott have so much more hp that it's even slower.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Tolain posted:

I've stayed at 90 for awhile for just this reason as a monk. I can rip-disc down giant swarms for some pretty legit AA at 90, but I'm worried what 95 aaing will be like and I want to get all my important stuff out of the way first. How bad did it slow down at 95?

One out of every four of the ghosts in Hills of Shade turned green, and they give like 1 or 2% of an AA per kill when they are green. It sucks. I can't really give you any definite number but I can say it has significantly slowed down. But I'm limited as a paladin to swarming undead since I do jack poo poo damage against anything living.

The best option I've heard is to have a cleric bot cast shining armor on you and swarm the entire zone of Kaesora, which gets you about 10/11 AA per pull. But that would require me getting an 89 cleric, which I don't want to invest time in. I would be so giddy if someone had an 89+ cleric they would be willing to sell, but I'm pretty sure that is against the rules.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

RCarr posted:

What a cruel joke you just played on us.

They actually are up. It might be temporary, but I'm playing right now.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
That sounds like way too much work to play a game.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I'm getting an error at the launchpad when I try to connect. Anyone else?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Peechka posted:

Yeah, we did this on our server in the Hole. There was a guy there with a whole group + mercs camping the entire front section of the temple for a week straight afk!

So we trained his rear end and took his camp. At least when we played it was not AFK.

We dont usually train people on purpose, but if you are camping a highly contested area afk? Yeah, your rear end is getting set back to pok.

This is why I love Everquest, among other things. Even though there isn't pvp, except on Zek of course, there are usually ways of dealing with douchebags.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
It looks like this server outage has deleted some guilds, deleted some fellowships, deleted some guild plots, and someone has said that all characters on Fippy were level 50. This is too funny.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Tolain posted:

LoN scenario wasn't too bad. Basically just do the first 2-3 parts of the tutorial to know what the gently caress is going on.

I used a default deck, the trick was just not engaging the spider or his minions at all and using all my units as throwaway meatshields while I beat him to all the quests.

This is exactly what I did. I won with one hit point remaining. That seems pretty cheesy, I guess I'm too used to Magic where you have abilities like Trample.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Wask posted:

See you dudes when the June patch hits. I've been working on AAs lately and it just doesn't make sense to grind them out now when you'll gain them at twice the speed in a few weeks. Diablo 3 in the meantime!

I can't access the everquest forums right now for some reason. What is the news about AA?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Creative Bicycle posted:

I've been working 132 hours this week so thats why I havent been on, but in addition to that, yes, I am mostly waiting on the AA patch. It's funny; at this point I'm looking forward to getting more gear and more AA strength so that I can go wreck more old expansion stuff and just explore and help out guildies. EQ is weird like that.

EQ's old content rules. No other game has a history as extensive, except for UO.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I just want to get to level 100 so I can finally double the initial level cap after all these years. Doesn't the sperg gene start to tingle at the thought of being 95 forever, 5 years short of such a beautiful number like 100?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Yeah I've found that EQ players (based on global channels) are a highly conservative group. That might explain why I don't have many friends in the game.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

meat gnome posted:

New expansion looks like it's a bunch of revamped Velious zones. I guess that's less work for a skeleton crew dev team.

:smith:

I would be perfectly happy if they revamped the game from the beginning with all the expansions now, up until PoP. Those are happy times and why people still play the game.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Pilsner posted:

I dunno, if there's one thing I love about EQ, it's that I can go to Kelethin, Plane of Fear, Mistmoore, The Karanas, all of Kunark and Velious, etc., etc., and see it in the exact same state as it was 13 years ago. I would scream if they overhauled every old zone.

I meant make an "alternate universe" type of thing. Entirely new zones, but all revamps of old ones. I agree, I want to go to the Karanas just as they were in 1999 as well.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I use my paladin 2.0 every single time it refreshes.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

blackmage posted:

Holy crap, leveling is ridiculous now. I think I went from about 28 to 43 in an evening and a bit.

So what do people do for clicky runspeed buffs now? Does anyone still use jboots, or is there something better?

People just blaze through the first 60ish levels and get the run speed AA. Otherwise, you probably have a mount in your /claim window.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

If you don't go with your more local server (AB) or gimmick server, I'm gonna suggest going with Xegony. Mostly because I'm there, but also because the raid scene is really active, including a couple open/pickup raid groups run by roi and ms.

Who do you talk to in ROI and MS to get in on pickup raids? I did pickup raids all the time last year with MS and got fully raid geared, and I wanna do it again. The person that organized it in MS last year doesn't seem to play anymore, which is a shame because he was a good guy.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

Not sure for MS. For RoI you ask someone you know to bring you along, so I'd be the one to ask.

Who are you in game? I'm Edrick.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

Our open raids are Weds at 7:30est/4:30pst, looking for you in game.

Thanks again man, that was fun. Especially raiding something that was a straight up revamp from Velious. Looking forward to next Wednesday!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

The backups of Rasper's guides for the older expansions are decent.

They're good, but man, after Riou and Rorce came up with EQ resource and has guides that show you where on the map visually a named spawns, or where to go for a quest, it makes all other guides so hard to read.

See you tomorrow by the way, I hope!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

I was talking more about the type of player won't try to get better or learn the intricacies of their class. Someone who is willing to learn can be taught to be better, those aren't willing to learn are completely loving useless.

I'm trying to do this in the invite raids. Talking to paladins I've known for a long time in the serverwide.paladins chat about spell loadout, etc. I definitely want to be more useful than just someone who tags along for loot, autoattacks, and maybe tosses a heal every five minutes if their hands aren't deep in a bag of cheetohs.

The last time I raided was Rallos Zek the Warlord in Planes of Power. Things sure have changed. There are a lot of new buttons to push, lots of situations in which to use them, and not to use them. I'll say though, it's weird, as a paladin, being relegated to what amounts to a priest.

I hope I get to be the murderer on Thursday :madmax:. I got close last time!

Node fucked around with this message at 08:44 on May 8, 2013

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

I still haven't been the murderer, closest so far was one where it was narrowed down to our three wood elf druids. And I got eliminated by keyring flags. :(

It was me tonight! THE GAME PICKED ME! Hahahaha :supaburn:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

I really have to wonder how this bank window is usable

Whoever this is, I need to rob them for their tradeskill components

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Give me all your poo poo, Illa. All of the poo poo.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

I have a feeling asking for all of your plat would give me the raw end of the deal, but luckily I take Paypal!

About three million, or a forums upgrade.

Actually, having the luxury of my presence at your raids is more than enough in payment I would think :smug:. I'm learning how to heal better from your paladins, and I'm switching my AA priorities to healing, even though they were pretty high already. It was hard to justify 7? AA for a 1% chance for a twinheal, but not anymore, since I cast so many of them now.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Medullah posted:

Fansy was on one of the Zeks (I know they started on Rallos). In the beginning on PVP servers, you could charm people and send them to attack mobs. It was funny.

Every single time I re-read the Fansy stories I still laugh just as hard as I did when I first read them. I loved how any Priest of Discord would do a zonewide shout whenever he killed someone. I wonder if he still does that, if they are even flagged as attackable anymore.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Stanos posted:

I've been studying for my MCSE and playing League, takes up a lot of time. :x

Do you miss your head being cut off all the time, or what?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Can I do the T1 missions now with just a paladin, shaman, and mercs? Except Calling Phantasm, where you need three real characters.

e: Oh my goodness being able to click through your pets/mercs to loot stuff is the best option since VOA let you use clickies in bags.

Node fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 14, 2013

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

MrTheDevious posted:

Evantil 2 and Chapterhouse 2 still kinda suck, but all the rest are laughable at this point. You can do all the T1 stuff boxing for sure

I just tried Evantil 1 (which is T2 and wasn't nerfed, I know) just to see, and the amygdalan near the portal destroyed me with his AE. I wasn't ready for that. I could probably do it if I was ready to group heal right away.

Node fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 15, 2013

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
The EW 2 mission was going great until a coldain summoned me under the world at z cords -380 and then wiped the rest of my group. The mob forgot about me. That was neat. The void was under me, and all I could see above me was water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

MrTheDevious posted:

Evantil 2 and Chapterhouse 2 still kinda suck, but all the rest are laughable at this point. You can do all the T1 stuff boxing for sure

Nope, shaman and I still can't do it. Don't have the DPS to break a crystal in enough time, and the wizard mercs won't attack it since they're just a static object. Even with constant pulling, ZK still touches down when there are a couple coldain/giants on the ground. God drat it.