Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

So I've been three boxing on Vaniki today, Kinda getting a feel for three boxing in general, but also to grind up to 60 for the free illusion:Vaniki(rat) claimable for each account.

I've never really used mercs before. They are loving ridicilously strong. I'm just running 3 mages and a healer, tank and melee dps merc. Have been able to mow down reds 10 levels above me with ease. XP is fast too there. Went from 1-26 in like 4 hours.

Gonna be 3 boxing in style on Oakwynd with a rat group :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

RCarr posted:

I remember Rangers being one of the worst classes in Vanilla (with Paladins and Rogues) but I haven’t played one in forever.

Rangers tank as good anyone else in Classic. They have real good snap aggro. They have less AC but AC doesn't really start mattering for a long long time.

Paladins are pretty good and get a bad rap because they aren't AS good as SKs. But they are perfectly fine for tanking group content. Best part of being a paladin on a TLP is there usually aren't a ton of them, so its easy to get raid geared.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I hope it comes to Oakwynd all janky and weird. Sounds entertaining.

I'm gonna play there either way.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

ukrainius maximus posted:

Loot should just be completely random, anything can drop from any mob.

This. But everything is no drop.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Apparently they fixed a huge chunk of the bugs with Encounter Locking on test today.

They might actually get it working properly by Oakwynds launch.

People are still mad tho. Lol

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Enchanter/Cleric/Tank(Sk for snare? Or Ranger) and a bunch of mages seems pretty easy and stupid strong. Or if you really don't want a tank, put a druid in for snares and ports. They can charm animals/bugs.

I also really don't think Oakwynd will be a poo poo show. It's looking the FTE stuff is basically gonna be working. Shouldn't be that bad. The sever has some cool rules too, with character based instead of account based AoC lockouts.

I'm gonna 4 box a team of Paladin(main) and Bard/Druid/Mage. Will probably roll a SK later on the account with the Paladin for sharing heriloom raid stuff.

Malaria fucked around with this message at 01:21 on May 18, 2023

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Necro/Druid was pretty good for me on Yelinak. The Druid adds a lot of usefulness to the necro and really speeds up downtime while soloing.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Qeynos start is suboptimal but You have access to basically every class between Qeynos/Hallas/Erudin.

Have one of your boxes be a Druid or Wizard and you can port yourself.

Its not really that bad running to Freeport after your first few levels either if you don't like it.

The xp is a little slower due to mob densities in QH/BB/Karanas but it's still perfectly doable.

I pretty much always start in Qeynos due to nostalgia. Blackburrow is way more fun than Crushbone or Befallen.

Malaria fucked around with this message at 09:44 on May 24, 2023

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

MF_James posted:

Pretty sure that server is Dead As gently caress

Agnarr is "dead" sort of. But not really.

I play there. You won't find PUGs early on but theres 100s of people online at any time. It's kinda like playing on p99 Blue with a way less toxic raid scene. Everyone who plays there is super friendly and chill. When I was leveling up I often got tells from people wanting to join me wherever I was, and we had fun. Most of the time it was someone leveling an alt, so they are twinked out. Once you get around max level/aa grind range you can find PUGs during primetime.

Join one of the 3 big guilds(I'm in Adventure Time) and you will have people to talk to/help you do stuff. There are open raids, open flagging events, etc.

You can box there(truebox = one account per machine). So I run around with a SK and Shaman duo.

Also gear in the Bazaar is pretty cheap. Krono is like 60k so you can pretty easily get a stash of them. If you go to PoK and say you are new in /ooc people will give you stuff to get you started.

edit: the server being emptyish leads to some odd situations. Like I did 5 levels on Seafury island. It got almost too hard at times because it was just me there, and that place has a stupid amount of cyclops on it. But I ended up rich and got jboots for the SK ;)

Malaria fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Oct 13, 2023

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Oakwynd is full of bot crews running 24/7. The economy has been broken since before Kunark dropped. Daybreak does not care.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

It's a shame too. TLPs are fun, but it's so annoying dealing with the botting crews.

On Oakwynd they started hard before Kunark even dropped, there were people warping around the hole pulling everything, disrupting people just trying to XP grind. Nothing ever gets done about it.

People will post videos on the offical forums and they just get removed. Daybreak is fine with it.

I'd really love a p99-ish server with modern QoL stuff like DZs and a modern client. I tried playing that new Project Quarm server and it's terrible trying to play with that old rear end client.

Agnarr is about as good as you can get I guess. Would be cool if it had more people though.

Malaria fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 16, 2023

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

They usually announce stuff in April and it launches around the end of May iirc.

My Oakwynd experience has kinda soured me on EQ in general. Endless bot armies running unchecked 24/7 sucks. I left before the dupes hit too. That sounds even dumber.

I might check it out if it's a Mischief clone. But I don't know, the whole vibe of TLPs is kinda trash. Everyone does the exact same poo poo every year and aggressively annoying people locking down every cool item in the game sucks. I would gladly pay extra for a server with functioning GMs stopping annoying poo poo like that.

How about a Mischief type sever (random and more loot) but everything is no drop? 😂

I imagine that just ends with the same people selling loot rights rather than the items.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I imagine the queue is gonna be brutal at launch.

Mischief had Thornblade to take some of the load off it. Just having Teek is gonna be rough.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I got in right away on Oakwynd. Was nice. But some people in my guild waited hours.

I am debating on playing on Teek.

The whole endless unpunished cheating has really soured me on the live experience.

But I missed out on Mischief. I played on Thornblade and my guild fizzled out in early Kunark. I quit playing shortly after.

I'm thinking about joining the Faceless just so I can actually see a lot of the raid content I haven't seem yet. They will have numbers so it shouldn't fizzle out.

I'm just worried its gonna be filled with idiots.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Ok maybe I'll give Faceless a go. I talked to Zaide in the discord the other day. He seems nice enough.

I'm thinking of doing Ogre Shaman. I think I still have a rat illusion from Vaniki on my account. Free shrink seems like a pro move for Ogre.

Shaman sounds real boring on raids though. I've mostly always played a Necro or Wizard for raids.

Necro was fun. I was often top 5 DPS(charm pet + dots) on the parse for raids on Oakwynd and whatever the one before Oakwynd was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

MrTheDevious posted:

Teek is gonna be amazing. I joined up with some other guys that did the first 2 months of TLP last year running 12 each and walked away with 500 krono apiece. We're planning to run 2 raid forces of 36 and liquidate every single thing that drops outside of a main warrior. Yall come deliver your sweet wallets to my pockets please

Krono really has ruined the game. Lol

Good for you though. I thought I was cool scraping by with the Krono I made on Yelinak and Oakwynd combined 😂

I've used some of that Krono to play on Oakwynd so that was a bonus. I spent 2 twinking out a duo on Agnarr too. I still have 18 think.

I did killed so many Hill Giants on Yelinak that I quit the sever. I never want to bother grinding krono again.

What do you even do with 500? They sell for like what, 10 bucks rmt? The amount of effort to get all that doesn't seem worth it.

Malaria fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Apr 13, 2024