Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I just came back to check some stuff out and joined the guild but I have a question about leveling. It seems way quicker to just grind out mobs than to actually quest at low levels. Am I right in this? I did the tutorial stage with a rogue and it took all morning yesterday and then I made a wizard, skipped to CR, and proceded to match my rogues level with a couple of hours.

So basically I'm asking if it's faster just to grind or should I be following some sort of golden path of leveling like they have in EQ2 now? I went to some of the old world zones like BB Mtns to do an armor quest and I was the only person even in the zone. Well, me and the crickets, and yet PoK and CR seem incredibly populated.

I stopped playing right before SoL and never made it to veilous so you can basically assume I'm a complete noob when answering. :)

EDIT: Incoming nerd memory: I used to log out most of the time in a certain house in Oggok that was empty except for a stone slab for a bed. This was WAY before player housing, but to me that was my Ogre's home. After going out to kill Lockjaw or chase the Ancient Cyclops with my guild I would make my way back home and camp. I fired this bad boy up and Ogglor was still in his home sitting there waiting for an adventure to go on. They should allow a one time free transfer for returning players since he was on Vallon Zek which is now just Zek. I played what seems like forever with that guy and he's only level 33 (seriously like 2 years between him, a necro and a paladin). Level 33 is like a day or two of playing now.

EDIT2: It's down right now for a game update not just daily. It will be back up in one hour if nothing explodes too much.

Patch notes: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=184617

And finally here's the nerdiest idea ever. Now that eq1 and 2 are both F2P I can have Ogglor eq1 (ogre warrior) on my left monitor and Ogglor eq2 (wood elf monk) on my right monitor and play them at the same time. I'm going to need another monitor when eqNext comes out. :v:

For anyone thinking of coming back or never even played, give it a try. The players seem incredibly friendly so far. I got a port to BB Mtns from a druid and she asked what quest I had there. I told her I just wanted to run around my old stomping grounds, visit Kaladim in its heyday (before the damned kobolds and bugbears take over), and maybe go play a game of chess. She then said "oh... you just came back. Welcome back to Norrath" sowed me then ported out. I think they are just happy to see the servers alive again.

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Mar 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I can't remember where I read it but someone will fill you in. For now I'll give you the short answer, the items are safe. I read that you have to go somewhere to get them back (maybe the bank?).

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You mean Ascending Censored is already taken?