Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathTongue
Jul 13, 2001
My old 51 Necro from Tarew Marr is hiding out on Drinal. Might have to pay for a transfer if there are goons to play with.

Char is Xeudaria

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathTongue
Jul 13, 2001

Ckwiesr posted:

I played on Tarew Marr back in the day as Iendyar the rogue. Were you ever in any guilds?

I was in Flame of the Phoenix and then Dogs of War for a while, that would have been between 2000 and about 2004 or so.

But good point, jetz0r. I think I'll just reroll. Is Necro still a viable solo class to get up to Goon Group range?

DeathTongue
Jul 13, 2001
I'm going to miss my 0.1 casting time Circlet of Shadow and my Jboots, but Xeudaria the DE Necro has been recreated.

Yep, I'm a guy playing a female char. Just like in original EQ1.

DeathTongue
Jul 13, 2001
So the Hot Zone for 40 - Dranik's Scar - seems rear end-rapingly hard compared to previous hotzones. Everything seems to be yellow or red and the beasties that the Hot Zone quest guy sent me to murder wiped both my pet and tank merc in under a minute.

Am I doing something wrong?

DeathTongue
Jul 13, 2001

Basfreak67 posted:

Welcome to Everquest!

Yeah - up until now, it's been an enjoyable F2P MMO. Now, it's definitely feeling more like a classic rapeful MMO. Man do I miss EQ Release level XP penaltlies. No, not really.