Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

blatman posted:

i have missed so much by not touching tlp servers holy dang

That last one might not really be what anyone but me calls it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
When the expansion goes live there will be a server wide message. Then over the next short period of time merchants, translocators, zone click ins, etc will go active and npcs will spawn in the new zones. For kunark specifically there will be an absolute clusterfuck at the docks in south ro and butcher block (I think) leading to timorous deep. On aradune we basically got stuck in TD for an hour because things poo poo the bed, it may be better now. Port spells will pop on merchants etc.

For keying - sebilis requires a very easy key, howling stones requires a key with a rare spawn you gotta fight over at first. Those are the only noteworthy exp keys in kunark.

Wildly beaten!

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
I meant the port spells specifically but yeah everything else is drops. Maybe the ports are too. Sebilis and howling stones drop tons of spells. Chardok not as many spells but it has out of era named drops.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Howling stones was life on aradune when I mained a necro and I’d love to be first in there to wreck poo poo and ride it to 60 but the thought of having to farm 3 keys off the jump on launch is a little soul sucking. Plus I’m not sure how kunark overlaps with TSS on aradune and that’s gonna be time demanding. Probably just end up doing it all in Chardok.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Had a successful 3-man / 7-box (war, clr, brd, dru, shm, mag, enc) hate farm last night with sick drops: 3 Mage, 3 Enchanter, 4 Shaman, 2 Cleric and 5 Warrior including mage, enc, shm, Warr breastplates. Also about 10 blue diamonds 4 jacinths, 4 diamonds and 6 black sapphires.

Oggwhomp is wearing his silver skull tank top and his chain mail diapey. Suns out guns out!

Oggwhomp do da bidness

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Waroduce posted:

Lol I was looking for you, you messaged me that one time and was like oh Oggwhomp tired maybe /q and I was like what's /q

And thats how I quit during the middle of a pull lmao

I've been parked in Hate all weekend trying to get any Bard armor and so far just have the gloves 😭 managed to kill the BP mob though destroyer last night and it dropped......the item for the pally epic

Destroyer is just for the pally epic. All the armor drops off the same mobs ( the banshees ). Unfortunately there aren’t a ton of them.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

RCarr posted:

I’ll just be doing the same thing I’ve been doing, playing a few hours a night. Making the push to 60, then working on my epic and trade skills, etc.

Is there anything in Classic I should be spending my DKP on as a shaman? Or just save everything for Kunark at this point?

Save it till velious to be honest

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
To be fair contesting ow targets in kunark is pointless

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
One vp run is plenty

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
If you ask it might be hard but if you just use a VPN and aren’t blatantly obvious you’ll never be enforced for 2 boxing playing on quarm. There isn’t enough CSR and the devs are too unhinged / spread thin to enforce the rules. They aren’t even really trying to catch people doing RMT - their answer to solving it is “make items so easy to get nobody will be able to sell them” (that’s a quote) but I can tell ya people are hoovering up plat at $20 per 1000.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

That Little Demon posted:

drat dude, I got 40k in the bank

Took me like a week to unload 75k when I quit the server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Starting in kunark sucks imo. Had to skip this one anyway for a new born baby but not having much fomo.