Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Legendary OP man. Seriously awesome. This game is seriously fun and I'd say a good 80 percent of it for me is the goon community. It's the best I've seen in an MMO. There is no "get out" goon smugness when you get invited, it's a bunch of helping hands and welcomes as well as some 'press 1 for anal' thrown in here and there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Stanos posted:

Oh god they took the terrible EQ2 F2P model and brought it here.

I'll probably run around for a while out of boredom but SoE...SoE never changes.

As a rogue who played classic to PoP your name speaks volumes to me.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

DeathTongue posted:

My old 51 Necro from Tarew Marr is hiding out on Drinal. Might have to pay for a transfer if there are goons to play with.

Char is Xeudaria
I played on Tarew Marr back in the day as Iendyar the rogue. Were you ever in any guilds?

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Bahanahab posted:

I started and stopped playing EQ about 2 years ago when my Magician hit the early 70's, and I couldn't get a single updated spell to actually kill anything anymore. The reason was the only spells they had on the market were about 300x the amount of plat I had, and when I tried to grind up the crafting to make the spells I realized it was a horrible system.

They also did not have dps mercs at the time. My only choices were tank and cleric mercs. So, with the new dps mercs, and it being semi free, I'll probably be getting back into this sometime this week.

They also just put every spell up to level 85 (rank 1 for the ranked ones) on the vendors in PoK. They can get slightly expensive, but it's ten times cheaper than what they used to be on the bazaar.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
A little tip we figured out today for those of you with slow loading times. Setting your memory usage to the lowest setting in the advanced graphics settings will speed up your zoning times massively.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

JakeP posted:

Yay, after an hour of searching through old emails, I finally found the last 4 from my CC to recover my old account. Somehow I didn't know the answer to my security question "Where were you born"

That makes me wonder if there is any way whatsoever to find my old account from when I was 15. The only problem is that it was under my mothers credit card. Has anyone had any luck with this kind of thing?

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Vomik posted:

Hmm... sadly I don't even have a clue what is the email address tied to it, but they gave me a list of ~ 7 things + the secret question. I don't know the CC nor the cd key. Hopefully the answers to the rest is enough.

I called SOE this morning to try and get access to my old account. I didn't know the cd keys, email, last 4 of the CC, or even the account name. I gave them as much info as I could and the guy was cool about it and gave me access.

I'll have to log on later and take a screenshot of the /played time on my rogue and shamefully post it in here.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Here's a good one for the OP.

Here's my shameful secret.

Level 61 with 12 AA.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

meat gnome posted:

I hosed with him for little while last week. He was actually pretty nice and then I stopped and felt bad. :smith:

I hate myself for saying this, but he's a pretty decent dude.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
See the parcel dude. It's in the new patch notes.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Hoohah posted:

I am ready to be super loving addicted to this game again.

Who do I message in game to get a ginvite?

Join the channel in the OP.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
AA XP is based off of how the mob /cons to the power leveler.
Normal XP is based off of how the mob /cons to the person being power leveled.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Just so you know, at higher levels shamans get a Buff that will proc a debuff on the mob that slows them and prove a heal on its target. It's retarded. That along with the puma / panther / tiger line that gives you a massive dps increase from procs and turns your pet into a little proc machine is an amazing thing to have.

I couldn't imagine playing this game without a box, the tank / cleric merc alone are worth it.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Shrapnac posted:

Put in the petition to move my SK to Luclin, tired of messing around with patching and re-patching to go back and forth.

Good luck I've been waiting 4 days now to get an account to account transfer done.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

widds2v posted:

Me too. It would have almost been faster to just level a new character to 64, but I'd lose all my nostalgic items.

Exactly what I said, he's only 67, but has some decent stuff I didn't want to lose.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Account transfer went through finally. Time to jam.

Also it was said earlier in this thread, but everyone needs to do the 6th anniversary quest for a 10 charge double xp potion. It took me about 2 hours, but most of it was trying to two box in zones with a shitload of trees or twisty tunnels that don't mesh well with /follow.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
<Clan Banhammer>

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Do I need to remove my anchors from the guildhall and move them to the new one? Also Koda, the SK is ready for anguish > final boss fight and he's got his 2.0. I'm so pumped.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
The best part of the patch is the fact that merchants will buy all the tradeskill poo poo now. gently caress you frugahematellalite.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

MrTheDevious posted:

This is the best change in the history of Everquest. Half the time I didn't even loot because gently caress that poo poo.

I have so much of the poo poo in my banks because of my pack rat mentality thinking I might need it in the future, but it's all getting sold now.

I used to use /barter mode and sell some of it, but generally it's more of a pain than it's worth.

That's another thing for the newer players. If you go into the bazaar and type /barter it will bring up a window where you can pick items in your inventory and do a search to see if anyone in the blue zone of the bazaar is looking to buy them. Some people buy the tradeskill stuff (ores / herbs / uncut gems) for 1pp a pop, but sometimes they're buying them for like 40+.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Servers should have been up an hour ago correct?

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

meat gnome posted:

I started saving a bunch of the poison drops after seeing this patch message hit test a little bit ago, and sold it all yesterday, other than the good stuff that makes the hate/nuke procs. Pretty disappointing - about 1-2pp per.

Better than having to micromanage your looting / inventory.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
I'd say your best bet is just buying it with SC you've picked up with the double bonus.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Doesn't this poo poo go on the test server though? Isn't that what the test server is for?

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

hayden. posted:

Is there any benefit to playing with my account from 2002 that I played EQ on for a few years and has the expansions up to LoY? There's like 100 station cash or whatever but I think last I saw there were also veteran awards?

Yeah google the vet rewards. A few are decent but the lesson of the devoted is the one you care about.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Holy poo poo does isboxer really do that?

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
I think you want to hit the murk glider caves specifically.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Apparently an elaborate troll about you getting banned for the MG exploit, as well as Beo quitting because they were rolling back characters that were leveled by it.

Also you rage posting goatse on the official forums to get your other accounts banned in a massive sperg-out.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
The faction trip isn't that bad. Just bind yourself in PoK, Take the BB stone > boat > OOT > kill the dude > Gate > Freeport then gate back to PoK and start over. With Levitate and a fast mount it doesn't take that long.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Cynode posted:

If you don't mind me asking, what classes do you 4box?

SK / Sham / Monk / Bard.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Cynode posted:

I'm going to have to check out isboxer. Is it easy to setup hotkeys/macros? I'm currently boxing SK/SHM/MAG/DRU w/ dps/heals mercs. My old 4 box was shm, mag, nec, bard and tank/healer mercs but I felt without a real tank I was limited on doing things like the 2.0 orbs and other no merc stuff. the druid is dps/spot heals when using my healer merc but I figure with shm patch healing druid should make a good enough group healer when I cant use my merc healer. They are 72/300'ish AA now and slowly climbing.

I currently use wineq2, hotkeynet, and hotkeys. it's ok but kinda annoying when it has to switch to each of 4 screens to activate hotkeys then back to the main window

It will change your life. It's a little wonky to set up at first, but once you make your second macro you'll have the hang of it. Honestly the hardest part for me was trying to figure out which keys / key combos to use to send keystrokes to the other instances.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Nurge posted:

I seem to be hitting some slight motivational snags in the game. I was pretty happy jamming along when I could still kill in old world/velious/luclin for dark blues at a pretty snappy pace. It seems everything past luclin/level 60ish in the game has like 5x the hp of previous content or something though. Getting 1% to level from dark blues isn't by itself a bad pace. It's a ton better than the old days (although I'm sure it'll get slower later). The problem is it takes a minimum of two minutes to actually kill one which makes it just a boring horrible slog.

I had a tough time from 58 to 65. Everything seemed to slow way down. After that though when zones like Paw and Plane of Fire open up, things pick back up again, especially once you start getting a decent amount of AAs.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Keith Stone posted:

Anyone got an update on the status of Fabled mobs? The question keeps popping up in chat and I don't think i've heard anything definite.

They're not spawning anymore, but there are still a few stragglers that haven't been killed yet.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Audio triggers are awesome for that kind of thing. I made one on all 3 of my boxes for the word 'appear'. It makes a chime noise every time invis starts to drop when it says 'you feel yourself starting to appear'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Wask posted:

I’ve been trying to get my hands on a set of HoT Abstruse visible armor and/or Terror Infused chain but bazaar prices for finished pieces are crazy town.

What’s the best way to approach this? Spam the crap out of general? Do any Luclin goons have some extra remnants I could buy a combine from this weekend?

/join houseofthule and general and spam that you're buying it. Worked for me pretty well. You'll have to buy the patterns, but if you google HoT armor guide the first result will tell you what you need for your class.