Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wask
May 2, 2003
I punch midgets for fun
For the role call I'm: Laids

I'll also be boxing... something. A wizard maybe?

I came back a couple weeks ago and EQ1 is strangely tons of fun. There's so much content and so much to learn. I'm probabably going to hit level 70 tonight. I still feel like a total noob but it's a good feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wask
May 2, 2003
I punch midgets for fun

MrTheDevious posted:

You can two box for free if you just make your box a free to play account. A wizard's a great second box, free, and you can use the /claim mercenary to upgrade your free account's merc to J1 (and then J5 if you do the quests, shhh don't tell).
Holy poo poo, does this actually work? I'm trying this out tonight. If so, the question of whether I should add a shaman or wizard box just got $15 easier. Looks like a wizard can work just fine within the silver account restrictions unless you're completely mental with your AAs.

Wask
May 2, 2003
I punch midgets for fun
If/when the servers come back up, any recommendations on where to plough from level 77 to 80 this week? I want access to the crazy gear I see everyone using.

My old spots are turning light blue and only good for AAs.

Wask
May 2, 2003
I punch midgets for fun
I’ve been trying to get my hands on a set of HoT Abstruse visible armor and/or Terror Infused chain but bazaar prices for finished pieces are crazy town.

What’s the best way to approach this? Spam the crap out of general? Do any Luclin goons have some extra remnants I could buy a combine from this weekend?

Wask
May 2, 2003
I punch midgets for fun

Peechka posted:

Some good changes coming. First it was mentioned by a dev on the forums that skillups will be adjusted to be more reasonable with todays leveling skills.

And then this gem....
That's one way to try and fight Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 player attrition!

So it looks like the revamped zones like Blackburrow are opening up very soon. Is there anything exciting that are must gets like augs or clickies?

Wask
May 2, 2003
I punch midgets for fun
See you dudes when the June patch hits. I've been working on AAs lately and it just doesn't make sense to grind them out now when you'll gain them at twice the speed in a few weeks. Diablo 3 in the meantime!

Wask
May 2, 2003
I punch midgets for fun

MrTheDevious posted:

Yeah, it was just about the most fun I've ever had in EQ :unsmith: You dudes were a blast to play with
I stopped playing because of the SOE Station Cash/subscription policy change and it's doubtful I'm the only person. I'm really curious what that's going to do for the business in the long term.

Wask
May 2, 2003
I punch midgets for fun
Anyone on test have dream motes or HoT T1 visible armor/weapons available? I can pay with (meaningless) platinum of course. My shaman and mage are approaching 80 in the next couple days. I was expecting to see more stuff in the bazaar now that /testcopy is working again!

Shaman is named Grammu, who I pay the most attention to.

Wask
May 2, 2003
I punch midgets for fun

revenance posted:

I'll make you sets for both next time I testcopy.
That would be amazing. What name should I look for in game? I managed to pick up a bunch of dream motes last night.

Wask
May 2, 2003
I punch midgets for fun

Medullah posted:

I'd bet if you shout in General Chat for them, you'll get them parcel'd to you in 2 minutes.

It's amazing how General is repeated "X is rotting, come get it" or "Hey, anybody want Y?" Generous Test...
Test really is some weird post-scarcity utopia in many ways. These are probably the most altruistic players I've seen in any online game.

Yesterday I gave 50k to a random guy that had just started a new character and was asking for some money to help cover merc costs and spells.

Wask
May 2, 2003
I punch midgets for fun
To all the pro SKs out there, how do I efficiently split pull? I have the tools, just haven't figured out how to use them. I did manage one good split but it took me 5 minutes.

Now that I'm 85 and messing around in harder zones I can't just pull 3-4 things and decide to face tank them all. If I blow every cooldown in my group I have a 50/50 shot of surviving.

Wask
May 2, 2003
I punch midgets for fun
I'm down to help do Murdunk's Last Stand for anyone working on the J5 quest line. I'm also running a few other tasks regularly and will be task adding people for free experience or free HoT progression flagging. I'm also putting anything level 80+ that's of use in the guild bank.

Check the guild bank, there is some handy stuff and massive upgrades if you're just hitting 80. Name is Laids in-game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wask
May 2, 2003
I punch midgets for fun
Autohotkey works with ISBoxer so long as AHK is being run as an administrator.

That's how I leveled up a bunch of spell skills: Set up a macro in EQ on several characters to cast a bunch of spells in the 1 hotkey slot, make a super simple AHK script to loop pressing the '1' key with a delay, ran the script as admin, and turned on broadcasting to all windows in ISBoxer. Came back overnight, maxed spell skills.

AHK alone won't broadcast to non-active EQ windows. Seems to be a EQ coding limitation.

So I'm about to hit level 94 with my box team working on the T1 difficulty stuff in Valley of Lunanyn. I was going to stick around for another level or two, but would I be better off just jumping in to Shard's Landing? I'm at 4k AA in a mix of RoF and VoA T1 gear... earrings seem super hard to find.