Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Is there a server with a large Asian population? As in, people in Asia (because I live there)? I started this up last night, tried three different servers. Every single one had lag. The kind of lag where I cast my spell and there's the...what's happening moment, followed by you being dead. I played Mith Marr back in the day and still have my old necro, but there's no way in hell I could kill anything with this lag.

Is it also possible it could be my router? I don't know how they work with EQ or anything, as back then I was on 56k and in America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Well after coming back and playing a bit, I have now almost officially undinged myself back to 64. Oh gosh.

From dicking around in the newer areas: money is everywhere. Greens my pet can solo are dropping 30 plat each. Remember the days when we were selling Fine Steel for 4 plat a pop and felt like rich gods?

The Luclin/PoP era necro spells are now practically worthless. Took a look at the 61-70 spells in PoTranquility. For 200plat I can have a level 61 spell that does more than double any of my current DoTs. I just need to get that 200 plat, as it seems like I loaded all my cash off when I quit.

Tomorrow will be spent researching and seeing what the heck I should do now. I'm guessing I'm ridiculously undergeared now, so I guess I'll see if any of these new-fangled "quests" are worth looking into.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

xZAOx posted:

awesome stuff

This is great. I didn't know about half of this. Definitely going to see about finding my old bags now, and see what kinds of cards or whatever I have. And the new systems of travel seem cool too.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
So um, what do people use in place of SoW potions these days?

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
So I've got a monk on my silver account, and I am thinking about two boxing on another account with one of the free characters. I'm curious, what would you guys recommend using for the two box? I'm thinking a wizard, and then letting the mercs be war/cleric. I don't really want anything too involved for the number two guy, and I feel like two-boxing two melee characters would be pretty hard. So basically, should I do monk/wiz or monk/cleric?

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
There are 32 SLOT bags??? And here I was being so happy I still had my Bag of Sewn Evil Eye.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I've noticed on a lot of pictures of mobs that I've been seeing, a lot of them have the mobs HP percentage attached to end end of its name. Is this a mod, or something in the options I'm missing?

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Out of curiosity, what is the standard HP of a main tank for an end game guild these days? I just came back to the game, and my now 69 necros HP is about 7000 unbuffed. When I quit I think tanks had about 14000 unbuffed? This was in PoP, before it had been finished. I did some reading and saw that the current end-game bosses have a normal hit of 25000??? Just how much HP do tanks have these days?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

RCarr posted:

Working on my 1.0 right now as a 70 Necro. Everything is cake except for the Slime Blood of Cazik Thule. Fear is pretty much perma-camped and the people who do this wanted to charge 25k for a useless item that its ONLY used for Necro 1.0 (which in itself is useless besides nostalgia's sake).

From a few pages back, but doesn't the mob in PoA death touch? How did you deal with that, if I might ask?