Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

torgo
Aug 13, 2003

Fun Shoe
I have a few questions.

I have a 65 shaman that I haven't played since LDoN. I never managed to get his epic (1.0) completed. Assuming I level him up a bit, would it be possible to finish it solo?

The big issue I saw last time when I was considering doing this was that Plane of Fear was still basically perma-camped for Amulets of Necropotence(or whatever the skeleton transformation item is called). While other epic drops might stick around for a while, the drop I need comes from a level 1 mob that spawns after the golem dies, and the corpse poofs pretty quick. Assuming I find them up, I still have to deal with the death touching golems. Can a merc eat the death touch, and give me enough time to kill it before it death touches my shaman?

Also, is that stupid door in City of Mist still locked? That would make that part kinda annoying. I know in theory I could faction up on an easier turn-in and just turn in the scale, but I would rather do it the "right" way.

Finally, could I do all this on the free to play plan? Or can you only play the race/class combos that are on the free to play list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torgo
Aug 13, 2003

Fun Shoe

Pilsner posted:

Shaman epic stuff

Thanks for the info. Since it's F2P now, I'll probably try leveling up a bit and trying my luck in PoF. It's always annoyed me that I never could get it finished. I might hit up Drusella Sathir(I can't imagine people camp her much anymore hopefully) for the last bit for my Spirit Wracked Cords, another quest I never finished but wanted to.

It's also awesome that the camp/logout trick still works. I remember doing that to get across Siren's Grotto back in the day.