Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004
Finally got this installed on my Air. Originally tried VMing it but it was not to be, so now finally am dual-booting. Just for EQ 1! Insane.

I managed to quickly log in to see where my characters were nowadays. I have a 65 Wizard and a level 40-ish Cleric and Enchanter. Not on Luclin though.

I fancy a change so will probably level up something new instead of transferring them across, and besides, I could always transfer them later on.

But what to level? I did always have Necro envy... Might give the Enchanter another go too. How do those two go with Mercs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004
I have a 65 Wizard. Given I last played in Planes of Power, what should I do? Which Merc is best at this level? The guides talk a lot about Mercs _up to_ level 65 but I'd like to know where to head at this point.

The Hole is touched on but in the OP but happy to try somewhere new.

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004
Well, that didn't go too well...

I made it to Sunder-rock? The hot zone. I'm a 65 Wizard, so grabbed a Tier III Warrior Merc, and tried to take on a blue con there.

Got my rear end handed to me.

Do I need a better Tier Merc?

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004

Bemis posted:

I encountered the same problem, best to group up for those zones.

Thanks. Mm, easier said than done, as I was the only player in the zone. This was on Cazic, mind you.

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004
Any further thoughts on where I should level with a 65 Wizard + Merc ? I tried the hotzone for this level and got stomped on very quickly. My warrior merc soon died. Perhaps I should be kiting ? That said, if the mobs summon I'm dead.

This was Sunderock Springs...

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004
Thanks for the tip. No solo options nowadays? I remember BOT as PoP was pretty much the last expansion before I unsubscribed before.

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004
I have a 44 or so cleric kicking about on another account. Might spend some time levelling up then for fun. Presume cleric + warrior merc and go to town !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004
Took my level 40-ish Cleric to Karnor's Castle, with a merc. As promised, the merc could take on three red cons there with its health just slowly dropping over time, and the odd heal took care of that!

The only problem was that it was taking a while and so wasn't particularly fun. Any other suggestions? Perhaps cleric is not the best choice nowadays?

I wouldn't mind levelling up something different.

Also, is there no way of ordering a merc to attack something, like with a pet? I get the whole 'assist' aspect but is there a way for me to not have to grab initial aggro?