Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

lotor9530 posted:

I'll offer my guild to any goon who wants a spot. Only requirement being don't be an rear end in a top hat. Anyone online can invite, just have to catch us not AFK. Tag is <The Elementalists>

We also just got a new neighborhood guild house, which is basically the same as the default guild house with the exception of being able to place your anchors in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Tai posted:

If I patch to go on test server, do I have to re patch every time I want to go back onto live?

There's only a few files that need to be patched and it takes all of 10 seconds for it download.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Oh poo poo. Finally hit 92 and with EM12, my pet cons higher than me. Too bad it's back to that spectre model.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

For multiboxing, do you guys have separate installs for each instance?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I currently have a 92 nec on test and want to add a box. I was thinking of adding a mage so I'd get another pet, another merc, and the dps. Or just going with a bard, since they require like zero effort and I'd still get the extra merc.

Can pets be set to auto assist, so like if one group member gets hit, the other's pet will automatically attack on its own?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Some time ago, someone posted a list or a link to useful clickies. I can't seem to find it though. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and able to post the link?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I know it's been mentioned somewhere in this 200+ page thread, but I can't find it:

What spells should I block from my healer merc?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

The gently caress is up with the Universal Chat service? Seems like it's been down for two days.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I just logged in post-patch and /resetaa, then zoned and I have all of the autogranted ones plus 3560 banked that I was refunded. Awesome. So awesome.

Edit: gently caress over 9000 aa now lol

Escape_GOAT fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Feb 13, 2014

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

What's the best place to molo with a 95 nec? I'd like to get to 97 or so in the next few days and grinding dailies in Grounds and Valley is so tedious I don't even want to log in.

If there are any decent out of way places that I could AFK grind for a couple days to get the job done I'd be okay with too.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

So, if I'm duoing a necro and a mage, what's the best option for the second merc, a wizard or warrior?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Went ahead and made a second Mage to go with my current necro+Mage setup. At 90+, are melee mercs worth a drat, or are they more of a liability due to aggroing mobs when they shouldn't?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I can't tell you guys how many times I've killed Vulak and he still hasn't dropped that goddamned Abashi rod. Are there any similar clickies that are worth getting? I know the end boss of Vex Thal drops one, but I either don't get how that zone works or someone keeps it's perma-cleared.

I've got a 95nec and two 85mages I'm learning to 3-box if that helps with suggestions for attainable clickies.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

On the topic of J5s, if any one on Test needs help with the quest for it, feel free to shoot Thalyn a message.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

MrTheDevious posted:

And Thayln becomes the only person who doesn't loving loathe that quest chain left in the entire game :v:

Hah. Well, I've only been through it twice so far. Did it the other day for one of my new mages and start-to-finish, it took maybe an hour or so with my nec rolling through everything.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

This is kind of a stupid question, but for people who box (which I assume is nearly everyone), do you have separate installs for each instance you run, or do you just run them all from the same install?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

So is it past the point in time when I can delete a heroic character and get the flag back for it so I can create another one? Or can I still do that?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Is the mage epic worth doing these days?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Has anyone else noticed that immediately after killing a mob that their pet automatically goes into /pet hold mode? I wonder if it's a MQ2 script or some bug with the client?

I've been moving for the past few days so I haven't been on for a few days, but I'm gonna try to push to hit 97 tonight. It's funny that I still get giddy when I get a new pet spell.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

What's the most easily attainable upgrade to EM12 items?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I've got a 98 nec and two mages that are 88. I'll get my nec to 100 and the mages into the 90s and give the golem a go. Thanks for the input.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

There are Unexpanded Bags in the bazaar that you can buy and expand to give you more slots. The best ones are Transcendent, which seem to be about 25k per bag. If you want, send Thalyn a message when you're on and I'll send you some plat for some or send you the bags + what you need to expand them.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

jetz0r posted:

Getting all the flags to expand bags is such a pain. I don't know why you need to scribe some no-drop books that aren't even all next to the pok banker, when just combining the bag + solution should be enough.

Gnome in sunrise hills sells the book about trans-dimensional bags, or something close to that. That book allows you to expand legendary bags
Then the tradeskill book vendor by the pok bank sells books that allow you to expand supreme and transcendent bags.

THEN the tailoring vendor sells the items to combine to expanded bags. Either Al'kabor's solution for a 100% WR verion. Or the much cheapre inverse solution for a 0% WR 999wt bag that's meant to go in your bank.

Yea, it's needlessly complicated. It took me a good hour to figure that poo poo out.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

God, that Lisandra person who always spams general is a tremendous human being.

That's my story.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Does anyone happen to have some Glowing Dreadmotes that they would be willing to sell? Thalyn is just about to hit 100... finally.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Awesome, thanks Kodaji!

Escape_GOAT fucked around with this message at 06:18 on May 26, 2014

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

So what the gently caress happened to the test server?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Hey Kodaji, I haven't been able to catch you online for the past few days, but if you get a chance, could you please try to send those Glowing Dreadmotes to Thalyn.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for doing Mass of Spite? I've got a level 100 nec with a J5 merc and two level 87 mages also with J5s. Last time I attempted him was when I was still level 99--all the mercs were healers set to reactive, spammed the swarms, sent in the pets (maxed AAs), and started dropping DOTs. Everything was going well until he got to 50%, and which point my pet went from full health to dead, and I was able to FD as soon as I got summoned.

I think I should fare better now that I'm at 100, but is there anything else I should be doing?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

MrTheDevious posted:

Yeah logging in now and sending what I have your way. Test has been super lovely the last week. I'm an officer now, so I can raid our bank myself :v:

Not sure on Spite since I'd already gimp looted EM17 on my necro by CotF release, but even getting him to 50 with a single 99 necro and turdboxes is a pretty legit feat to me. I'm an awful necro and only play it as a third box when I'm loving around, so I don't have a whole lot of advice, but make sure you have a second buffed/geared pet in your pocket for bad times, then mash that AA that makes you invulnerable when pet 1 dies and drag out second pet for round 2.

Do you have CoA robe? If not, that's a MASSIVE amount of lost necro DPS. Robe + 2nd pet if you weren't using those two tricks would've gotten you way closer than 50%, but even then, I'd really just be proud of getting a 4th Gate named to 50% with a single solo level 99 necro. You can always join LoB and pick up EM17! We have no real necro force at all, though our one decent necro is a pretty awesome guy. Alternately, I'm trying to log in on off nights now, so if I'm on, I can come gently caress him for you.

@What do I raid with - play what you enjoy so you don't quit raiding. Goons in LoB have a history of being awesome at whatever they play and LoB is gearing people fast as gently caress right now, so just do whatever you'll have fun with. You'll be geared really solidly in a month regardless of class. Goons and/or friends of goons basically run the guild now, so you can play whatever you want. Tank recruitment is closed at the moment (loving FINALLY) while we make the 8 billion we have either useful or street urchins, but everything else is more than welcome

I may take you up on the guild invite if no one cares that it's kind of difficult for me to commit to a raid due to strange time constraints that I currently have. I can certainly join in occasionally as time allows, but beyond that I'd mostly be goofing around in guildchat.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I forgot there was a goonchat. Is it still goonchat/lljk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I haven't played EQ in ages, but still have my accounts on test.

But since this thread seems fairly active, I figured that I'd ask here if anyone has a link to that one old SA thread about the unsolved quests in EQ where a dev discussed the spawn mechanics in the Desert of Ro and I think the original Fiery Avenger quest was also mentioned?